• Apr 2005

would not have put bruce on the list
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bruce is the only one out of the 5 who is even "metal". Yeah, Ozzy used to be, but not so much now. If you need computer assistance to sing, that ain't metal.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        would not have put bruce on the list

Top 5 metal voice....absolutely.

Top 5 metal front-man? Nope.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
          Top 5 metal voice....absolutely.

Top 5 metal front-man? Nope.
          Bingo

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I don't think Bon was around long enough, unfortunately, to be on that list.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Is the list limited to metal? If so, Roth never fronted a metal band. And if it isn't limited to metal, then forgetting to include Freddie Mercury is just plain stupid. And I sure as hell would have taken Alice Cooper, James Brown or Roger Daltrey over that nitwit Steven Tyler.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

One would presume that a list coming from "That Metal Show" would be made up of metal frontmen. But of course, Van Halen and Aerosmith were never Metal, and Ac/Dc really isn't either. And as I said previously, Ozzy as frontman of the original Black Sabbath would certainly qualify, but Ozzy in his mid 60's singing through the same gimmicks that the rappers and Justin Bieber do, not so much.

Freddie Mercury might as well be on the list. Queen did at least one legitimate "metal" song........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

No Ronnie James Dio?
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

The stupid thing about this list is Metal is not about frontmen.,Now great rock frontmen would be easy.As chefcraig said no mention of Alice Cooper.Bon Scott?,What the hell?.Classic dead worship.A list of great METAL frontmen would be kinda hard.If we are talking Metal,where the hell is Rob Halford?.Bruce would not be out of place on a Metal frontmen list.

Shite like this pisses me off

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      If we are talking Metal,where the hell is Rob Halford?.

Yeah, I was going to mention him as well. Great frontman & singer....metal or not. But especially in a metal category. How Steven Tyler got in instead of Halford...WTF? I wouldn't even put Tyler in the top 5 of a best cheesy movie ballad frontmen list. Hell, he's not even in the top 5 best American Idol judges of all time. Top 5 singers with a daughter I would fuck? Now there's a list for Steven Tyler.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

And what about Samm..... Disregard, wrong Message Board....

Honestly though, I take those lists on that show with a grain of salt....

Mainly, because Eddie T. wants to throw UFO into every fucking one of them.....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Dickinson would EASILY be one a top five metal frontmen list.

Halford, of course; Ozzy too. Phil Anselmo would have to be in there. I'd also throw in Corey Taylor - regardless of what you think of Slipknot, that guy is a beast live.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Trunk also picked 5150 over 1984 as the better VH album in the Throwdown - which is just a complete load of horse shit.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              Trunk also picked 5150 over 1984 as the better VH album in the Throwdown - which is just a complete load of horse shit.

5150 IS better than 1984 for some purposes -

just not for listening to.

Comment

Working...