X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Armchair astronaut discovers Mars 'space station' using Google Earth

An American 'armchair astronaut' claims to have discovered a mysterious structure on the surface of the red planet - by looking on Google earth.

Photos and video at link above

We have all heard of little green men from Mars.

But now an American 'armchair astronaut' claims to have discovered a mysterious structure on the surface of the red planet - by looking on Google earth.

David Martines, whose YouTube video of the 'station' has racked up over 200,000 hits so far, claims to have randomly uncovered the picture while scanning the surface of the planet one day.

Describing the 'structure' as a living quarters with red and blue stripes on it, to the untrained eye it looks nothing more than a white splodge on an otherwise unblemished red landscape.

He even lists the co-ordinates 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W so others can go see the anomaly for themselves.

In a pre recorded 'fly by' video of the object, Mr Martines describes what he thinks the station might be.

He said: 'This is a video of something I discovered on Google Mars quite by accident.

'I call it Bio-station Alpha, because I'm just assuming that something lives in it or has lived in it.

'It's very unusual in that it's quite large, it's over 700 feet long and 150 feet wide, it looks like it's a cylinder or made up of cylinders.

'It could be a power station or it could be a biological containment or it could be a glorified garage - hope it's not a weapon.

'Whoever put it up there had a purpose I'm sure. I couldn't imagine what the purpose was. I couldn't imagine why anybody would want to live on Mars.

'It could be a way station for weary space travellers. It could also belong to NASA, I don't know that they would admit that.

'I don't know if they could pull off such a project without all the people seeing all the material going up there. I sort of doubt NASA has anything to do with this.

'I don't know if NASA even knows about this.'

The 'discovery' is similar to that of the infamous 'face on Mars'

Uncovered by the Viking 1 probe in 1976, a quirk of geography threw shadows over a small hill on the Cydonia region of Mars, making the inanimate rock look like a carved face.

The picture was heralded as proof of an alien civilisation by some but was dismissed as a mere trick of the light by scientists at NASA.

MailOnline has tried to contact both NASA and Goggle for a response to the image, but neither has replied.
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Hmmmm... interesting shot for sure. Wouldn't it be great if the gov't/NASA would just address these things and be honest about them?
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Phuck NASA
      Those sheep lovers!
      Despite my many requests they didn't help me with this project at all. I had plans to release info on my holding cell on Mars after I had Hagar securely locked inside, but the cat is now out of the bag.
      That armchair asshole better not have spoiled my chances of abducting Spammy!
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can't say a white spot has completely convinced me of a Dr Evil space station.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I can't say a white spot has completely convinced me of a Dr Evil space station.
          always such a skeptic.
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

I still cannot believe you guys threw my -The Greys Thread- into The Dump.

Perhaps I was to innovative with my alien conspiracy theories..set la viet, kei serat serat serat, oiyvaye, felix natvidade, anyou wayvvo, or it was even sillier than this thread.

Just remember folks the reason the Hubble didn't work when first turned on was they saw a image of a really HUGE EYEBALL staring over the end of a huge petri dish in a really Huge 5th graders science class.

Then the mirror needed adjustments yeah adjustments...

No Harsh, Hardrock.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

No harsh, but if you made more sense instead of just rambling around in circles, perhaps your posts might be taken a bit more seriously. Just sayin....

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                No harsh, but if you made more sense instead of just rambling around in circles, perhaps your posts might be taken a bit more seriously. Just sayin....
                i really don't think he would like that
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

It's not easy being cheesy.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

Just remember folks the reason the Hubble didn't work when first turned on was they saw a image of a really HUGE EYEBALL staring over the end of a huge petri dish in a really Huge 5th graders science class.

Then the mirror needed adjustments yeah adjustments...

HAHAHA! I really hope that's what is happening. I'd hate to think there is some reason for all this shit here & I simply missed the boat. I like believing it is all random nonsense. Makes me feel better about not helping society and stuffing my face with Big Macs & Tacos.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Well, it is all a big "what if" and in the meantime there are bills to pay.....

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                        HAHAHA! I really hope that's what is happening. I'd hate to think there is some reason for all this shit here & I simply missed the boat. I like believing it is all random nonsense. Makes me feel better about not helping society and stuffing my face with Big Macs & Tacos.
                        Beer 4 U

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by VanHalener
                          Phuck NASA
                          Those sheep lovers!
                          Despite my many requests they didn't help me with this project at all. I had plans to release info on my holding cell on Mars after I had Hagar securely locked inside, but the cat is now out of the bag.
                          That armchair asshole better not have spoiled my chances of abducting Spammy!
                          I got the back door for ya, if you'll post it.
                          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                          sigpic

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

So this is where Eddie keeps Dave locked up. No wonder it's taking so long for him to phone in the vocals
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's really Space Station # 5, the new headquarters of Cabo Wabo Tequila & Ched Rocker Studios. When Spam recorded "Marching to Mars", he was dropping clues that his alien buddies were helping him out.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...