Vote for Van Halen as L.A.'s Best Band !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Vote for Van Halen as L.A.'s Best Band !!

Via VHND:

By the way, if you'd like a nice chuckle, read some of those comments. WOW....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Etienne
    Commando
    • Aug 2010

Current number 1 is The Mothers Of Invention with 35.30%, Van Halen is currently number 4 with 7.93%...

We need votes!!!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Half those bands aren't even remotely from LA. Neil Young's Canadian, for fucks sake. And Metallica was from San Francisco, last time I checked.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I did my part...

Mothers of Invention? I've never even heard of them... should I know who that is?
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Half those bands aren't even remotely from LA. Neil Young's Canadian, for fucks sake. And Metallica was from San Francisco, last time I checked.
          The original Crazy Horse was an LA band that was together years before Neil Young showed up. Danny Whitten was the group's leader, and the group was co-opted by Young for his Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere album.

Originally posted by VAiN
          I did my part...

Mothers of Invention? I've never even heard of them... should I know who that is?
          Frank Zappa.
          Last edited by chefcraig; 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I did my part...

Zappa's original band. I'd say they certainly belong on the list, but #1? Ridiculous.

Only three possible contenders for the #1 spot: Van HALEN, The Beach Boys, and The Doors. And some would disqualify The Beach Boys, because Brian had studio musicians play on the records after 1964 or so. But then so did the Byrds, and even the Monkees are on the list, and they certainly fall into that qualification.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Van Halen 7.92% .
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Only three possible contenders for the #1 spot: Van HALEN, The Beach Boys, and The Doors. And some would disqualify The Beach Boys, because Brian had studio musicians play on the records after 1964 or so. But then so did the Byrds, and even the Monkees are on the list, and they certainly fall into that qualification.
                The thing is, when you get down to it, the best LA band of all time was the Wrecking Crew. Hell, they backed up the Byrds, Beach Boys, Monkees, The Mamas & the Papas, The 5th Dimension, Simon & Garfunkel and even Bing Crosby!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  The thing is, when you get down to it, the best LA band of all time was the Wrecking Crew. Hell, they backed up the Byrds, Beach Boys, Monkees, The Mamas & the Papas, The 5th Dimension, Simon & Garfunkel and even Bing Crosby!
                  And don't forget.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

...and with my vote that brings VH up to 8.04%
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In case anyone is wondering why the Mother's of Invention are #1 at the moment...

if you have imacros for firefox (plugin) then loop this and drink a beer
                      Code:
                      SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
                      URL GOTO=http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2011/06/50-best-la-bands.html
                      FRAME F=2
                      TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:limesurvey ATTR=ID:answer26622X3X10 CONTENT=%28
                      TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:limesurvey ATTR=NAME:move2&&VALUE:<SP>Submit<SP>
                      FRAME F=3
                      TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:limesurvey ATTR=NAME:move2&&VALUE:<SP>Submit<SP>
                      FRAME F=4
                      FRAME F=5

edit timeout in options to 4 or 5 secs, replay to fast

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That would explain it..... fucking bastards
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I did my part...

If I may, from Smoke on the Water....

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers...."
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Bunch Of SOB.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

That's why they are called mother of invention....

The trial version is free for 30 days.

Welcome to the 21st century.
                              It is not illegal to run the script. It is not unethical to run the script.
                              LA times could have easily put in place almost any sort of blocker.
                              They want the story of OMG "they" used scripts!
                              LA times is trying to catch the wave.

It is pretty easy.

Show em it's an Army.
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...