PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Falls, Iowa - NEW HEADQUARTERS OF THE FOURTH REICH! SIEG HEIL!

Hardrock69
06-13-2011, 10:17 PM
This is fucking stupid and uncalled for. The American Nazi Party should hold a rally in the center of this fucking town and show their support for this. Also the American Communist Party.

Fucking assholes. :mad:

In late May, property owners in Cedar Falls, Iowa had their city government vote (6 to 1) in the second of three votes (the third vote will be held on Monday) to force owners to place lock boxes on their property giving the Fire Department access.

The lock boxes are located on the outside of a building, and keys to gain entry are located inside the safe-like box. The fire department keeps a master key and can use it to gain entry when an alarm goes off or during a fire.

The ordinance saw little resistance when it was first adopted in 2004 and had only Councilman Nick Taiber argue against the update when the first reading passed two weeks ago.

But on Monday, Taiber was joined by five citizens who protested the lock box provisions, saying it was an expense government was forcing on property owners and an invasion of privacy.

Kyle Baker cited quotes from Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson in questioning whether ease of acccess should be worth the loss of freedom for property owners.

While a version of the ordinance passed in 2004, it required the boxes for commercial buildings and apartment buildings with six or more units. The new ordinance now would require lock boxes for buildings with three or more apartments.

While the council members tried to allay concerns that they keys could not be abused or stolen and that it is not intended for private homes (except for the renters of apartments, that is), property owners were vocalized their displeasure.

Here is a video of the council meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCLiij0CBA&

I can understand why they are wanting to do this, but the rest of the US gets along just fine without such a law.

FORD
06-13-2011, 11:10 PM
I can see a case being made for this, in the case of buildings which might be unoccupied at night, or maybe in a private home where a senior citizen or disabled person lives alone. But considering all the potential for abuse involved, it might be better just to break the odd window when all else fails.

sadaist
06-13-2011, 11:35 PM
"While the council members tried to allay concerns that is not intended for private homes"

Oh, give it time people. This is how it starts. First buildings with 6 or more units (as in 2004). Then buildings with 3 or more units (as the case is now). Then buildings with 2 units+. Then you guessed it.......

Shit always starts like this. Once you open the door just a crack, it will just get opened wider & wider. No matter what the fuck the politicians promise. Remember folks, in ten years it will most likely be different politicians in these guys places. So those promises from the last guys are moot.

sadaist
06-13-2011, 11:38 PM
I can see a case being made for this, in the case of buildings which might be unoccupied at night, or maybe in a private home where a senior citizen or disabled person lives alone. But considering all the potential for abuse involved, it might be better just to break the odd window when all else fails.

It should be a choice. If a senior citizen living alone or a disabled person chooses to put up some type of fire dept/police dept lock box access, by all means they should. But it shouldn't be a law imposed on the citizens. Fuck that.

And I foresee thieves finding a way to crack these lockboxes for when people are away.

kwame k
06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
So I guess these guys are the reason it's no longer in Illinois :)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/bluesbrothersnazipinto5.jpg

Nitro Express
06-14-2011, 01:25 AM
So I guess these guys are the reason it's no longer in Illinois :)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/bluesbrothersnazipinto5.jpg

I hate Illinois nazis!

Nitro Express
06-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Talk about stupid. If the house is on fire, I doubt the home owner is going to be too upset if the fire department breaks a window or chops the door down with a fire axe. A window or a door is a small loss compared to losing the whole house. Give me a fucking break. Fire departments have powered saws, axes, high pressure hoses that can blow a door off it's hinges. They can get into a house without a damn. key.

Hardrock69
06-14-2011, 01:48 AM
It is like an open invitation to thieves. All they have to do is somehow make a copy of the master key, and they can break into any business in the fucking city.

Stupid shit.