• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

ABC Nightline this evening: Newt Gingrich Is In It For The Money

That explains a lot.

They mentioned that just running for President can be seen as so lucrative, that a candidate does not even have to run seriously.

Then they pointed out that Newt Gingrinch has a bunch of companies he has created solely to move his products. A film he is producing, where all he does is talk about a bunch of bullshit like "It is our patriotic duty to be Americans and do our best for our country" (paraphrased.....what he said was of the same caliber). Then ABC investigated how his campaign stops doubled as marketing stops for his TWENTY-FOURTH BOOK which has just been released.

They made the laughable comment about the Gingrich's "frugal lifestyle", mentioning their million-dollar home in D.C., the expensive trips to Tiffany's jewelers, and the thing that resulted in the mutiny of his staff....a 2-week cruise through the Greek islands....

They also interviewed people who used to be on Gingrich's staff, etc.

They all quit because it was obvious to them that he was not serious about running for office.

He has realized (much like televangelists have known since the advent of radio in the 1920s), that all you have to do is espouse cuntservative Christian values, wear a fucking suit and tie, and make speeches to the foam-at-the-mouth faithful about "America! Christian Conservative Values The Family Fundamental Patriotic Apple Pie Law-Abiding Asshole Goddamnable Fuck!", and they will gladly part with their cash.

The one thing Newt understands, just like the Church Of Scientology......the message does not have to mean shit, as long as you can sell your books, videotapes, cds, etc.

The message is just a marketing tool to move Media Products!

ABC Nightline pointed out that out of all the Retardlican candidates who were currently squealing in their Cuntservative Mudhole about running for President, NONE of them could be seen as a serious candidate, and it appeared even more likely they were in it SIMPLY TO MAKE MORE CASH FOR THEMSELVES!

Surprise surprise.....

Kudos to ABC for pointing out what most of us already know....that the Retardlican Party is hell bent on ripping the American People off, and DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY DUE TO LACK OF COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.

Fucking losers.

I am sure Satan rests assured in the knowledge that he will have a never-ending supply of sinners in suits thanks to the Republican Party.
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Newt even celebrates those book sales with confetti.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Fucking asshole.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Dupe post.

Oh well. I will say it again!

Fucking asshole.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Kudos to ABC for pointing out what most of us already know....that the Retardlican Party is hell bent on ripping the American People off, and DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY DUE TO LACK OF COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.
          You voted for Obama, right?

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You voted for Reagan & Chimpy, right?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              You voted for Reagan & Chimpy, right?
              Jesus, how old do you think I am? I'm getting up there, but I wasn't old enough to vote for Ronnie.

I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore or the gigolo Kerry?

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thought maybe you might have been old enough to vote in 84. Guess not.

I proudly cast my first vote against Reagan in that election, though sadly, I knew he would probably win. Gary Hart could have beat him, but Mondale? Not a chance in Hell.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Here it is.....

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                    Jesus, how old do you think I am? I'm getting up there, but I wasn't old enough to vote for Ronnie.

I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore or the gigolo Kerry?

Same here. My first vote cast for a President was George W the 1st time around. I was old enough during the Clinton years, but as many young people I didn't really give 2 shits about politics. I cared about long weekends, drinking, camping, the beach, girls, concerts, etc.....

I kinda miss those days.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                      I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore....?
                      Apparently the majority of Americans--who were fucked by the electoral system...

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

As for doing it for the money...I think that sums up 99% of all the politicians. Like when someone called out Harry Reid on how before he was elected he had modest income. But now he is a multi-millionaire. Seems all politicians start off middle class & end up extremely wealthy. I think they start off with good intentions. But money is a powerful thing. So this would not surprise me at all about Newt. Great publicity running for President.

So yeah...I would believe this story 100%.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Apparently the majority of Americans--who were fucked by the electoral system...

A very slight majority...and only of voting Americans. When you say it the way you did it sounds as if 80% voted for Gore and only a fringe few voted Bush. It was extremely close. Even though Gore won the popular vote, it wasn't by a wide margin and a boatload of Americans voted for Bush as well.

Gore = 50,999,897 48.38%

Bush = 50,456,002 47.87%

This table provides information about the election results between candidates Albert A. Gore, George W. Bush, and Ralph NaderPrincipal Candidates for President and Vice President:Republican—George W. Bush; Richard B. Cheney (winner)Democratic—Albert A. Gore, Jr.; Joseph I.

Here's the crazy shit. Whether you believe the results or not, this is about as close as we may ever see it come down to.

FLORIDA RESULTS

Gore = 2,912,253 49%
                          Bush = 2,912,790 49%

TOTAL = 5,825,043

and the difference between them a meager 537 votes. Crazy shit. Had I not lived during that time I wouldn't believe the story of the circus surrounding it all.

*Not intended as a lesson for you Nick. I know you are well versed on the subject. But these threads get a lot more viewers than posters. Just adding the numbers for good measure.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Much like the rest of the declared GOP field, there's no downside for Gingrich NOT to run.

The only one in the race acting like they actually expect to have a shot at being elected is Mittens, who comes across as a chronic campaigner with little other purpose in life than getting elected to the presidency.

For Palin to run and lose would be somewhat damaging to her brand. She's just kicking back, letting these early candidates run out of gas. If Mittens still only rates in the mid 30%s by mid-winter, she might make a try for it. It'd be a godsend to Mitt, since polls (for whatever they are worth) indicate there are far more registered republicans who do not want her to run and won't vote for her under any circumstances than there are Palinmaniacs. She could well end up like Fred Thompson, where should she run her presumed support will crumble the moment she announces.

The field is too crowded right now, and it isn't crowded with an abundance of serious candidates, unlike the primaries for the 2008 Dem nom, where there were at least three candidates who could realistically have been elected.

It's a long way from now until Nov 2012, but looking at this GOP field republicans will have to hope that events work against Obama (prolonged recession, rising unemployment, terrorist attack on US soil). If circumstances stay the same or improve even slightly, it could well be "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't" in 2012.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's a nightmare scenario for you.......

Repukes realize that the corporatists will never vote for Palin, and that the fundie wackjob teabaggers will never vote for Romney.

So they combine a Mitt/Moosealini ticket. Full Shittyzens United media blitz, and massive Diebold fraud are deployed. The Repukes "win".

Some teabagging fuck assassinates Romney and sends him back to Kolob within the first 90 days.

I can see Armegeddon from my house
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...