PDA

View Full Version : ABC Nightline this evening: Newt Gingrich Is In It For The Money

Hardrock69
06-15-2011, 12:52 AM
That explains a lot.

They mentioned that just running for President can be seen as so lucrative, that a candidate does not even have to run seriously.

Then they pointed out that Newt Gingrinch has a bunch of companies he has created solely to move his products. A film he is producing, where all he does is talk about a bunch of bullshit like "It is our patriotic duty to be Americans and do our best for our country" (paraphrased.....what he said was of the same caliber). Then ABC investigated how his campaign stops doubled as marketing stops for his TWENTY-FOURTH BOOK which has just been released.

They made the laughable comment about the Gingrich's "frugal lifestyle", mentioning their million-dollar home in D.C., the expensive trips to Tiffany's jewelers, and the thing that resulted in the mutiny of his staff....a 2-week cruise through the Greek islands....

They also interviewed people who used to be on Gingrich's staff, etc.

They all quit because it was obvious to them that he was not serious about running for office.

He has realized (much like televangelists have known since the advent of radio in the 1920s), that all you have to do is espouse cuntservative Christian values, wear a fucking suit and tie, and make speeches to the foam-at-the-mouth faithful about "America! Christian Conservative Values The Family Fundamental Patriotic Apple Pie Law-Abiding Asshole Goddamnable Fuck!", and they will gladly part with their cash.

The one thing Newt understands, just like the Church Of Scientology......the message does not have to mean shit, as long as you can sell your books, videotapes, cds, etc.

The message is just a marketing tool to move Media Products!

ABC Nightline pointed out that out of all the Retardlican candidates who were currently squealing in their Cuntservative Mudhole about running for President, NONE of them could be seen as a serious candidate, and it appeared even more likely they were in it SIMPLY TO MAKE MORE CASH FOR THEMSELVES!

Surprise surprise.....

Kudos to ABC for pointing out what most of us already know....that the Retardlican Party is hell bent on ripping the American People off, and DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY DUE TO LACK OF COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.

Fucking losers.

I am sure Satan rests assured in the knowledge that he will have a never-ending supply of sinners in suits thanks to the Republican Party. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
06-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Newt even celebrates those book sales with confetti. :biggrin:

Hardrock69
06-15-2011, 09:09 AM
:lmao:

Fucking asshole.

Hardrock69
06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Dupe post.

Oh well. I will say it again! :biggrin:

Fucking asshole.

Warham
06-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Kudos to ABC for pointing out what most of us already know....that the Retardlican Party is hell bent on ripping the American People off, and DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY DUE TO LACK OF COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.

You voted for Obama, right?

FORD
06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
You voted for Reagan & Chimpy, right? :biggrin:

Warham
06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
You voted for Reagan & Chimpy, right? :biggrin:

Jesus, how old do you think I am? I'm getting up there, but I wasn't old enough to vote for Ronnie.

I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore or the gigolo Kerry?

FORD
06-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Thought maybe you might have been old enough to vote in 84. Guess not.

I proudly cast my first vote against Reagan in that election, though sadly, I knew he would probably win. Gary Hart could have beat him, but Mondale? Not a chance in Hell. :(

Hardrock69
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Here it is.....

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightline/SH5584743/VD55131132/nightline-614-newt-gingrich-money-trail

sadaist
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Jesus, how old do you think I am? I'm getting up there, but I wasn't old enough to vote for Ronnie.

I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore or the gigolo Kerry?

Same here. My first vote cast for a President was George W the 1st time around. I was old enough during the Clinton years, but as many young people I didn't really give 2 shits about politics. I cared about long weekends, drinking, camping, the beach, girls, concerts, etc.....

I kinda miss those days.

Nickdfresh
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I did vote for Bush. Who could have voted for that fraud Gore....?

Apparently the majority of Americans--who were fucked by the electoral system...

sadaist
06-15-2011, 07:23 PM
As for doing it for the money...I think that sums up 99% of all the politicians. Like when someone called out Harry Reid on how before he was elected he had modest income. But now he is a multi-millionaire. Seems all politicians start off middle class & end up extremely wealthy. I think they start off with good intentions. But money is a powerful thing. So this would not surprise me at all about Newt. Great publicity running for President.

So yeah...I would believe this story 100%.

sadaist
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Apparently the majority of Americans--who were fucked by the electoral system...

A very slight majority...and only of voting Americans. When you say it the way you did it sounds as if 80% voted for Gore and only a fringe few voted Bush. It was extremely close. Even though Gore won the popular vote, it wasn't by a wide margin and a boatload of Americans voted for Bush as well.

Gore = 50,999,897 48.38%

Bush = 50,456,002 47.87%

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

Here's the crazy shit. Whether you believe the results or not, this is about as close as we may ever see it come down to.

FLORIDA RESULTS

Gore = 2,912,253 49%
Bush = 2,912,790 49%

TOTAL = 5,825,043

and the difference between them a meager 537 votes. Crazy shit. Had I not lived during that time I wouldn't believe the story of the circus surrounding it all.

*Not intended as a lesson for you Nick. I know you are well versed on the subject. But these threads get a lot more viewers than posters. Just adding the numbers for good measure.

Terry
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Much like the rest of the declared GOP field, there's no downside for Gingrich NOT to run.

The only one in the race acting like they actually expect to have a shot at being elected is Mittens, who comes across as a chronic campaigner with little other purpose in life than getting elected to the presidency.

For Palin to run and lose would be somewhat damaging to her brand. She's just kicking back, letting these early candidates run out of gas. If Mittens still only rates in the mid 30%s by mid-winter, she might make a try for it. It'd be a godsend to Mitt, since polls (for whatever they are worth) indicate there are far more registered republicans who do not want her to run and won't vote for her under any circumstances than there are Palinmaniacs. She could well end up like Fred Thompson, where should she run her presumed support will crumble the moment she announces.

The field is too crowded right now, and it isn't crowded with an abundance of serious candidates, unlike the primaries for the 2008 Dem nom, where there were at least three candidates who could realistically have been elected.

It's a long way from now until Nov 2012, but looking at this GOP field republicans will have to hope that events work against Obama (prolonged recession, rising unemployment, terrorist attack on US soil). If circumstances stay the same or improve even slightly, it could well be "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't" in 2012.

FORD
06-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Here's a nightmare scenario for you.......

Repukes realize that the corporatists will never vote for Palin, and that the fundie wackjob teabaggers will never vote for Romney.

So they combine a Mitt/Moosealini ticket. Full Shittyzens United media blitz, and massive Diebold fraud are deployed. The Repukes "win".

Some teabagging fuck assassinates Romney and sends him back to Kolob within the first 90 days.

I can see Armegeddon from my house :headlights:

sadaist
06-16-2011, 04:37 AM
I honestly think Palin is totally content raking in the dough and the publicity. The only way she would ever run for office or take a VP slot is if her brand cools down. She can't get any more popular. Running for President would only hurt her popularity and income.

I wouldn't doubt Rick Perry coming in and knocking Mitt right the fuck out. Then if he chose a Chris Christie as VP he'd have the job locked up.

Although I have a bad feeling the nominee will pick Michelle Bachman as VP and ruin everything. Fuck, if they want a loony tea partier for VP, I'd rather they take Rand Paul.

Nitro Express
06-16-2011, 04:39 AM
If Palin became president it would be just like having Bush and Obama in office. She certainly would abuse the power of office for her own trip and would probably go after her enemies with a vengeance. She would be just another confirmation of what a joke the US Presidency has become.

Nitro Express
06-16-2011, 04:42 AM
I honestly think Palin is totally content raking in the dough and the publicity. The only way she would ever run for office or take a VP slot is if her brand cools down. She can't get any more popular. Running for President would only hurt her popularity and income.

I wouldn't doubt Rick Perry coming in and knocking Mitt right the fuck out. Then if he chose a Chris Christie as VP he'd have the job locked up.

Although I have a bad feeling the nominee will pick Michelle Bachman as VP and ruin everything. Fuck, if they want a loony tea partier for VP, I'd rather they take Rand Paul.

I tend to agree. Sarah loves the attention and money more than political power. She quit political power to chase fame and money. She's basically trying to set herself up as the Republican Party head cheerleader.

binnie
06-16-2011, 04:43 AM
The thought of Palin running a 7/11 - let alone the largest military economy in the world - scares me.

sadaist
06-16-2011, 05:21 AM
The thought of Palin running a 7/11 - let alone the largest military economy in the world - scares me.

But you're Binnie....you'd hit it.

:)

Seshmeister
06-16-2011, 06:15 AM

I posted the exact same thing here before Bush was elected and apart from a few wars, a million dead and the economic breakdown of the West it wasn't as bad I as expected...

Seshmeister
06-16-2011, 06:35 AM
A very slight majority...and only of voting Americans. When you say it the way you did it sounds as if 80% voted for Gore and only a fringe few voted Bush. It was extremely close. Even though Gore won the popular vote, it wasn't by a wide margin and a boatload of Americans voted for Bush as well.

Gore = 50,999,897 48.38%

Bush = 50,456,002 47.87%

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

Here's the crazy shit. Whether you believe the results or not, this is about as close as we may ever see it come down to.

FLORIDA RESULTS

Gore = 2,912,253 49%
Bush = 2,912,790 49%

TOTAL = 5,825,043

and the difference between them a meager 537 votes. Crazy shit. Had I not lived during that time I wouldn't believe the story of the circus surrounding it all.

*Not intended as a lesson for you Nick. I know you are well versed on the subject. But these threads get a lot more viewers than posters. Just adding the numbers for good measure.

The thing about the Florida vote is that if it had been given to the Democrats that would have been wrong too because statistically it was too close to call. At that size of a difference the act of counting doesn't work because you are out with the margin of error so any count is meaningless.

The only reasonable thing to do was to repeat the election.

binnie
06-16-2011, 06:47 AM
But you're Binnie....you'd hit it.

:)

You're damn right I would. That woman is FILTH I tell you, FILTH.

sadaist
06-16-2011, 07:50 AM

I kinda agree. When it's that close, you really have to redo it.

Nitro Express
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Same here. My first vote cast for a President was George W the 1st time around. I was old enough during the Clinton years, but as many young people I didn't really give 2 shits about politics. I cared about long weekends, drinking, camping, the beach, girls, concerts, etc.....

I kinda miss those days.

People who don't have assets to protect don't really care about politics. Most people only care as soon as something the politicians have done affects them personally. Sadly things need to degenerate to where everyone feels the pain before they wake up and hopefully it's not too late to do something about it by then.

Nitro Express
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Not that much scarier than Bush and Obama running it.

Nitro Express
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
The thing about the Florida vote is that if it had been given to the Democrats that would have been wrong too because statistically it was too close to call. At that size of a difference the act of counting doesn't work because you are out with the margin of error so any count is meaningless.

True but then what do you do if the second election runs into the same thing? Give the two candidates boxing gloves, put them in a ring together and the winner wins the election?:biggrin: I think W would beat Gore in a boxing match. Damn I would have loved to see it. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
06-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Boxing gloves? How about a hatchet and a trash can lid?

I think it's highly unlikely the same result would or will ever happen again. They should have just had a Florida rerun but apart from all the crazy political shit that went on with completely biased politically appointed judiciary, as I remember there wasn't actually any mechanism to do a rerun.

There was a Kevin Spacey movie about it a while ago called Recount but it wasn't too exciting as I remember.

Nickdfresh
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM

100fucking%!!!!