The Van Hagar Reunion..Is it Dave's Fault???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powerage

The Van Hagar Reunion..Is it Dave's Fault???

Dave could have been humble tried to mend fences...forget about personal issues..at this stage in his career dave needs a vh reunion more than anyone!!
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Dave doesn't need shit!
    I would like a reunion but I am totally happy with Dave staying solo.

Dave is a Rockstar...he is not a humble person.
    HE doesn't need to blow someone to get back with Ed...

People always think that DLR is hard to work with.. but Ed is just as bad!
    It ain't all Dave's fault!
    There is situations here and dynamics that we don't understand and probably never will..
    It's easy to point a finger from the outside looking in..
    Which is all we are as fans..
    Just looking in
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Gmoney

I'm sure there is fault to go all the way around, but Eddie Van Heineken is a complete egomaniac!!!

He's gone through 3 lead singers, no record label, no new music in 5+ years, so I would think Eddie is the tough one to work with.

All he does is talk shit about how much music he has written, well, let's hear it or shut the fuck up!!

Comment

• powerage

hey Dave was and always will be van halen....but unfortunately edward van heineken controls the reins!!!

Comment

• Catfish

What Van Hagar reunion?

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by Sarge
            Dave doesn't need shit!
            I would like a reunion but I am totally happy with Dave staying solo.

Dave is a Rockstar...he is not a humble person.
            HE doesn't need to blow someone to get back with Ed...

People always think that DLR is hard to work with.. but Ed is just as bad!
            It ain't all Dave's fault!
            There is situations here and dynamics that we don't understand and probably never will..
            It's easy to point a finger from the outside looking in..
            Which is all we are as fans..
            Just looking in

Comment

• Calderone
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

DAVE NEEDS TO RELEASE A NEW ROCK ALBUM EVERY 1 YEAR

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sammycalderone
                DAVE NEEDS TO RELEASE A NEW ROCK ALBUM EVERY 1 YEAR
                I do agree he needs to do what made him famous in the first place. DLR Band was a return to form for him, but unfortunately the Diamond Dave album was not. If he had released another DLR Band type album I do believe it would have fared better than his latest release. However, you gotta give Dave props for doing whatever the hell he wants to...not many artists do that in this day and time.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                  Dave is a Rockstar...
                  sorry sarge, but dave is not a rockstar...he's a legend...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by powerage
                    hey Dave was and always will be van halen....but unfortunately edward van heineken controls the reins!!!
                    Ed only holds his end, And not that steadily given the last seven years...

Did you ever consider the fact that it might be Ed that needs to mend fences for all the back-handed shit thats gone on??

The more I read the accounts of everybodys sides from 78 till now the more it becomes apparent that theres alot of blame that lands squarely on the shoulders of the VH brothers...

Not that their shoulders are wide enough for anything to catch on......

Anybody ever notice that they except not ONE Iota of blame for ANYTHING????????????? right down the line, from Dave to sammy to gary.

It wasnt their fault...Just ask 'em....

A common thing is to blame Dave for any missed opportunitys as far as working with the VH bros in any capacity...Oh, his ego gets in the way, Blah blah......

Did ya ever think that just MAYBE it was the fact that these two turds are too disfuctional to work with ANYBODY??

We're hittin six years here... And not a wimper.........
                    I'm sure that its just a matter of wolfies ballls to drop.

Then you'll hear something.. Because then he can keep it "in house" (anybody else see this coming on???)... Not that anybodys gonna give a shit about that arangement..

And as far as this reunion bullshit goes...... There hasnt been ONE credible rumor other than the fact of two phone calls... Not FUCKIN one.....So give it a break..... Its not that interesting anyway..
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

I'm thinking Alex has a lot of influence on little brother as well. There's probably a reason why DLR only refers to him as 'the drummer'.
                      Big brothers are naturally protective of their little bro's so in 2000 (or whenever the last attempt was) AVH was probably strutting around 5150 with his chest puffed out & watching Dave's every move & after he left the property they'd be talking...
                      EVH: Whaddya think? He didn't do as bad as last time...
                      AVH: I don't know...it's Dave. He'll never change. Remember last time?

And so on...

Whatever way it went down, it's a cryin' fucking shame any way you look at it.
                      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

If I had to guess, I would think it's more of a problem between Al and Dave than anything.

They DID try. Sucks it didn't work out.
                        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge Dave doesn't need shit!
                          All Dave needs is someone who can play the music... after that, he can go on any show and perform solo or Classic VH.
                          As Sammy said in our new week entertainment guide when they toured together,

"You can duplicate musicians, but NOT singers. If someone tries to get up on stage and sing like me, he's going to look like the biggest idiot on the planet!"

In Dave's case, Ralph Saenz may be an exception to the rule.
                          sigpic

Comment

• azcrdnal
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

i disagree sarge dave needs vanhalen but we don't need to worry dave is back

Comment

• EAST COAST

THE PROBLEM WITH ED AND DAVE, (AS I SEE IT), EDDIE HATES THE FACT THAT DAVE QUIT IN 85 AND HAD 3 ALBUMS IN A ROW THAT ALL WENT TOP 10 AND HAD SINGLES THAT WENT TOP TEN. CRAZY, EAT EM AND SMILE ,SKYCRAPER WERE HUGE RECORDS AND SOLD GREAT. HIS TOURS WERE HUGE IN THE U.S. AND ABROAD. ED DOESNT TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ANYTHING, HE CANT KEEP A LEAD SINGER A RECORD LABEL A BASS PLAYER, OR (NOTHING PERSONAL) A WIFE. AND IT IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT.. NOT TO MENTION HE IS A FULL BLOWN ALCAHOLIC. DAVE AINT EASY TO WORK WITH, FOR SURE EITHER BUT TOGETHER THEY ARE UNSTOPABLE, ED KNOWS IT. EDDIE CAN CONTROL FAT BOY BUT NOT DAVE.. IT MUST KILL ED TO KNOW THE VAST MAJORITY WANTS DAVE BACK

Comment

Working...