X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedtruckermf
    Groupie
    • Mar 2004

Got some inside news.

So as my world is apparantly very small, I actualy got an update on the new record. Apparantly Ed is "producing" it. Shanks is only "producing" Roth's vocal tracks at an outside studio. The music was done by Eddie at 5150 with Ross Hogarth engineering. No gonna get anybody in trouble by naming names, as someone might get fired, but that's the way it's been done.The record is done ( recorded) , but is being "tweaked" at 5150. I 'have not heard it, and I have no idea about the actual record. Just an update on the process from someone actually working on it. Thought I'd share.
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Awesome!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Pretty much reaffirms what we all thought... I'm glad that Shanks didn't produce it, but I'm not pleased that Eddie is producing it.. VHIII anyone? Here's to hoping Ross Hogarth got it on tape correctly...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Eddie's producing it pretty much describes why it's taken so long. Roth must need the money because Eddie has him sucking his cock right now.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• moose
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Eddie at the helm...fucking pathetic

TRAINWRECK!

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Wake Me Up When The Album Is Out.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dan
              Wake Me Up When The Album Is Out.
              Enjoy your nap, Mr. Van Winkle.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by speedtruckermf
                So as my world is apparantly very small, I actualy got an update on the new record. Apparantly Ed is "producing" it. Shanks is only "producing" Roth's vocal tracks at an outside studio. The music was done by Eddie at 5150 with Ross Hogarth engineering. No gonna get anybody in trouble by naming names, as someone might get fired, but that's the way it's been done.The record is done ( recorded) , but is being "tweaked" at 5150. I 'have not heard it, and I have no idea about the actual record. Just an update on the process from someone actually working on it. Thought I'd share.

100% believable. Makes the most sense of all the other stories out there. Hope it gets released soon.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That would mean Roth chose Shanks? Not surprising and it would explain the fact he was working on it for just a couple of weeks.

So at the moment Eddie and Alex are nodding to each other in unison deafly as they turn up the white noise sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh of the trademark 5150 hi-hat sound like a salt addict adding a load of it to his soup for ever diminishing returns.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2010

Didn't Shanks tweet a pic of an EVH amp or something around the time he was supposedly "working" for VH. What was Dave doing with one of those?

And the phrase Too many cooks springs to mind.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by moose
                      Eddie at the helm...fucking pathetic

TRAINWRECK!
                      Two things killed Van Halen. First. Eddie got married. Second. Eddie got sober.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You forgot... Eddie got hagar.
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          That would mean Roth chose Shanks? Not surprising and it would explain the fact he was working on it for just a couple of weeks.
                          Not surprising at all... Roth IS the pop-element of =VH=...
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Self-Produced is a no no. Sigh. Worst thing Eddie can do. Oh well, if true, they will have only themselves to blame.
                            Last edited by SunisinuS; 06-29-2011, 05:21 PM. Reason: Say it ain't so.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2006

Not good news about SpEd producing but it sounds plausible. Release the thing already! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht
                              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

Working...