OLD NEWS: JEEZUS! DOES hAGAR EVER FUCKING STOP?????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

OLD NEWS: JEEZUS! DOES hAGAR EVER FUCKING STOP?????

SAMMY HAGAR Says His Reunion With VAN HALEN Is 'Inevitable' - July 4, 2011
    Artisan News recently sat down with legendary rocker Sammy Hagar (see video below) to get his thoughts on why he feels it's inevitable that he will work with VAN HALEN again sometime in the future, just as long as it doesn't interfere with CHICKENFOOT, which is his No. 1 priority right now.

"Absolutely," he said when asked if he thinks he will play with VAN HALEN again. "I'm not predicting it. I just say... someday. We made too good of music together, with Eddie and I in VAN HALEN, we had such a great thing for a long time. When it went sour, it wasn't just because of us. There was a lot of outside forces. Our manager died and a new guy came in, and he just totally divided the band and conquered us, you know?! So I think there will come a time where Eddie's gonna wake up and go, 'Hey, man, I miss being friends with Sammy,' if nothing else, or, 'I would love to make that music again, or play those songs again.' 'Cause they have no choice — they've got Sam or they've got Dave [Lee Roth] They can't find a new guy — they already tried that and it didn't work. So it's inevitable. If Eddie and Al [drummer Alex Van Halen] want to play music for the rest of their lives, someday they're gonna have to come and deal with me. But right now I'm so happy with what I'm doing with CHICKENFOOT, I hope they don't call me next week, I hope they don't call me next month, because I would have to say, 'Gee, I'm busy right now; I'm not gonna drop CHICKENFOOT for anything.' It's my favorite thing I've ever done in my life; I love this band. Someday we're all gonna be sitting around or running into each other somewhere and going, 'You know, let's get back together and be friends and make that music again, just play it one time for the big time or whatever.' So I think it's inevitable."

Hagar's last album with VAN HALEN was 1996's "Balance", but he previously said that his relationship with Eddie was already crumbling at the time. "Ed needs somebody to make decisions and a leader, you know," he said. "He's not a natural born leader kind of guy. And his brother [was always the leader before or Roth was the leader before, and when Roth left, his brother and him bumped heads so much, when I walked in it was like, 'Well, what does Sam wanna do?' you know. So it became kind of like, yeah, I was making all the decisions, so then on 'Balance' all of a sudden he didn't like my decisions and it was like really weird."

VAN HALEN reunited with Roth in 2007 for a massively successful world tour, and announced in January that they were entering the studio to record the first album with Roth on the mic since 1984.

Last edited by lesfunk; 07-04-2011, 11:30 PM.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He's getting really tappy in his old age

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Who the fuck is craving the van hagar reunion?

that's my question.

I haven't seen anyone bitch and whine that Hagars not in the band anymore. I didn't see a big hoopla about the '04 tour.

I didn't see packed houses and people following the tour like mad.

Sam knows his time in the limelight in waning, once this next album hits, and Van HALEN is back for one or two go arounds, it's over. His only shot is to beg to see if he could hook onto a Hagar/Roth II sort of thing..and that ain't happening

it's over sam, it should have been over in 1996, it should have been over in 1986 FOR CHRISTSAKES. Jesus, go back to making your shitty tequila, and SHUT THE FUCK UP. No one cares about you, or your shitty band.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Next one to start this thread is BANNED

Are we clear?

ARE WE CLEAR?

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

right

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk

If Eddie and Al want to play music for the rest of their lives, someday they're gonna have to come and deal with me.

Notice the only time this guy makes the news is when he talks Van Halen? Yet he tries to slip in the Chickenshit stuff a million times?
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Julius
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

There's a similar thread at the Links, seems some Linkers are anticipating a co-headlining tour or at the very least Chickenshit opening for VH.

I'm not gonna link to that thread, but if you find it, check out post #11.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

No he sounds like a douche loving whore with dribble...or some shit like that. I'm not sure, I'll need to lower my IQ a few points and go over to the Army to find out the definition of that.
                wow, stay classy brett.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

When Sammy was pimping his book he said he was done with Van Halen and all of that was behind him. He must be getting a wiff that the Roth project isn't going well so he is ready to worm his way back in to cash in on more easy money if he can get Eddie out there with him.

Maybe the aliens told Sam he was going to rejoin Van Halen again.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-05-2011, 01:26 AM.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

No shame Sambo.. The only places promoters would book another Van Hagar "reunion" would be promoters in places like Bali, Mumbai, and Afghanistan..

It's over, Sam. ..... The people have spoken : ( see 2004 tour attendance figures) ....
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      wow, stay classy brett.
                      When Emperor Bertt speaks, like a wet fart roaring in a crowded elevator, his mighty words are heard through out the grate internets....
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Fuck!

That fat fucking fool is even more delusional than he ever was before!

I think he is just saying crap like this to piss the sistaz off. He can already play with bassplayer any time he wants. No need for him to bother with spEd and Shemp.

So there is no need to fucking even cuntsider a reunion of that lame, piece-of-shit van hagar cover band.

They were so fucking lame that that's what they were.....a lame cover band of their own material.

Comment

• Julius
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Take a Chickenshit logo, add to it the Lakers color scheme and put your name on it and make it your avatar =

Ultimate Brent Fail.
                          Last edited by Julius; 07-05-2011, 02:48 AM. Reason: blow me

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

About the only person left in Van Halen that plays consistent is Alex. Eddie is hit and miss and not even in the same league as his old self. I don't even think they bother to plug Wolfie in and to be honest, he never earned the right to be in that band. If his last name wasn't Van Halen Ed and Al would be joking about the untalented fat fuck kid that wants to be in a major rock and roll band without paying his dues or having any talent. Then you have Sam who is a talented leach. He seems to be good at worming his way into already established wonderfulness and then claiming it as his and making money off of it. He never invented his own tequila. He bought some Mexican tequila called it Cabo Wabo, jacked the price up and sold it in the states for big bucks. He never created Van Halen. He just lucked out that he had the same mechanic as Eddie and the two drunks were dumb enough to hire him. A lot of songs on 5150 like Summer Nights were already written. Then Sam gave us Dreams and When Love Walks in. People bought Van Halen albums and went to the shows to hear and see Eddie anyways. The crowd would always yell Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!. The never yelled Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam was just coasting on the VH machine screaming hello baby! and singing about love and aliens. I mean it's totally lame shit and the only thing that kept it going was Eddie was a bad ass on guitar.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-05-2011, 03:09 AM.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

For one thing, this is an old interview and video segment from several months ago when the Red Bellied Sap Sucker was promoting his hack autobiography. For another, Artisan news merely threw the story out there to coincide with soon to be breaking VH news and the issue of a Chickenfood single, which is being rush-released to also ride on the coattails of the rumored VH single.

There is nothing new here that wasn't said months ago, and posting some remarks about another web site or it's owner is not only unnecessary, it's unfair. If you have issues with either, have the nerve to make them there.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...