PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Outsourcing

Nitro Express
07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.economyincrisis.org/content/pentagon-outsourcing-major-problem

I remember being told at Hill Air Force Base that all components of the equipment the military uses has to be made in the US. I then thought about how much industry we lost and looked at the size of the military and realized no way in hell could we now supply all the components here. It's pretty much another industry that has been outsourced.

sadaist
07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Since 2007, the Department of Defense has been issued over 161,000 waivers to the “Buy American” law, sending $53.5 billion overseas and costing America 620,000 American jobs the report found.

Fucking repulsive.

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Why have the law if they are just going to ignore it? I would really love to run an analysis on what would happen to the US military if China stopped trade with us. I don't think we ever could win a major war and with nukes nobody wins that. So we invade weak countries instead using terrorism as the excuse and the Chinese are plenty happy to lend us the money and goods to do it. Why? They know it's unsustainable. Let us wear our stuff out and when we need to upgrade then they will refuse to sell and loan to us once they have their military built up to a point where we can do nothing about it and then they will start making demands on debt payment. It's just dumb how our country runs now. A bunch of greedy fuck contractors and their political cronies. People are going to read about this period in American history and go what in the fuck were they thinking? What stupid assholes.

Seshmeister
07-10-2011, 06:32 AM
I just wish more Americans would realize that military spending is government spending. They seem to compartmentalize it so that its ok to piss away trillions on that but spending on healthcare is communism.

Except of course healthcare for the military.

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I just wish more Americans would realize that military spending is government spending. They seem to compartmentalize it so that its ok to piss away trillions on that but spending on healthcare is communism.

Except of course healthcare for the military.

If you look at the budget military spending is the biggest part of the pie. Also some casual observation from those suspect of the military are starting to see the money we spend and what the military is getting doesn't add up. Meaning it's looking like billions of dollars are just disappearing. Of course nobody can audit the military, they hide behind that national security excuse.

I think real single payer healthcare is going to be on the back burner. Our government is too corrupt to be trusted with anything right now. A rogue government that violates international law and wages war on a whim isn't exactly who you want in charge of your healthcare at the moment. Maybe in a few election cycles and hopefully we can turn things without it getting bloody here.