PDA

View Full Version : Holy Joe: Fuck Social Security, we need the money to INVADE IRAN!!

FORD
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Joe Lieberman Says U.S. Should Cut Social Security To Pay For Fighting ‘The Islamist Extremists’

By Zaid Jilani on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

This past April, right-wing war hawk John Bolton suggested during an interview on Fox News that the United States should cut Social Security and Medicare to finance the defense budget.

During debate over the debt deal today on the Senate floor, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) appeared to endorse this call. Lieberman explained that he is working with Coburn on a Social Security spending reduction plan and that “we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense…to protect us…with Islamist extremists”:

LIEBERMAN: I want to indicate today to my colleagues that Senator Coburn and I are working again on a bipartisan proposal to secure Social Security over the long term, we hope to have that done in time. To also forward to the special committee for their consideration. So, bottom line, we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense we need to protect us in a dangerous world while we’re at war with Islamist extremists who attacked us on 9/11 and will be for a long time to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5oGLn5XF8E

As ThinkProgress’s Ben Armbruster notes, the Bolton-Lieberman plan is “is basically a reverse Robin Hood scheme: robbing the poor to pay the rich, or really, the Military Industrial Complex on steroids.” As Ambruster points out, “recent Reuters poll found that Americans would rather cut defense spending than raid social services in order to solve the debt and deficit problems.” Americans do not appear to have the priorities of these two war hawks.

End the wars. Tax the rich. Prosecute Droopy Dog for treason. That is all

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't say for sure but I hope these cuts they refer to don't apply to people that have paid there fair share into the program. I mean how can you say someone doesn't deserve social security if they fuckin paid for it? Come on. That's what pisses me off is when they say shit but don't back it the fuck up. Who do they think is funding thes dam programs? Here's the deal they can cut social security but they can pay me back every cent I paid in over the last 28 years of my life. AND PAY IT BACK RIGHT NOW. I need a vacation!

ThrillsNSpills
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Why don't we just drop our senior citizens and disabled people on Iranians?

2 birds with one stone, plus we can test gravitational pull simultaneously.

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Just to clarify, this fucking bozo wants to take billions from Social Services in the US and give it in bribes to warlords and militia leaders in Iraq and Afghanistan.

How did Conneticut end up with this fuck wit?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Part of me thinks out loud how anyone could vote Republican in 2012....

And then I think of the typical Republican base voter, and I easily realize why.....

jhale667
08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Part of me thinks out loud how anyone could vote Republican in 2012....

And then I think of the typical Republican base voter, and I easily realize why.....

Exactly. Freak the great unwashed out with hugely exaggerated threats of Islamic terrorism (pay no attention to those Christian ones - they're CHRISTIAN, after all) and make up some more fake bullshit about gays and minorities. Expect "brownification" and "gayification" rants from Bachmann and Co. soon...
Isn't it about time for someone to bring up the "Ground Zero" mosque debate again too, or taking "Under God" out of the pledge of allegiance? Y'know, speaking to the issues IMPORTANT to the Cletuses (Cleti?) of the country? :duh:

Liberman's an idiot.

sadaist
08-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Why don't we just drop our senior citizens and disabled people on Iranians?

2 birds with one stone, plus we can test gravitational pull simultaneously.

That would eliminate Lieberman too. What the fuck happened to this guy? Damn, dude has really changed a lot over the last 10 years.

WACF
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Unreal...

Guitar Shark
08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't see any reference in that story to Iran. What am I missing?

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Fellah seems a bit cross. Unfortunately there is a worrying amount of truth in what he says...

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1090222685001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcou ntdown%2Fvideos%2Fspecial-comment-the-four-great-hypocrisies-of-the-debt-deal&playerID=1040141195001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAA3B3xrZk~,HJshEnrCBsRvDMbCheku3P jss6-I6ruG&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1090222685001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcou ntdown%2Fvideos%2Fspecial-comment-the-four-great-hypocrisies-of-the-debt-deal&playerID=1040141195001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAA3B3xrZk~,HJshEnrCBsRvDMbCheku3P jss6-I6ruG&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Nitro Express
08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
That would eliminate Lieberman too. What the fuck happened to this guy? Damn, dude has really changed a lot over the last 10 years.

I think most these talking heads are nuts. Olberman is nuts and Oreiley is nuts. Beck is nuts. Even Rachel Maddow is nuts.

Dr. Love
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
i don't see any reference in that story to iran. What am i missing?

DETAILS!

You killjoy!

Nitro Express
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I can't say for sure but I hope these cuts they refer to don't apply to people that have paid there fair share into the program. I mean how can you say someone doesn't deserve social security if they fuckin paid for it? Come on. That's what pisses me off is when they say shit but don't back it the fuck up. Who do they think is funding thes dam programs? Here's the deal they can cut social security but they can pay me back every cent I paid in over the last 28 years of my life. AND PAY IT BACK RIGHT NOW. I need a vacation!

I hate to break it to you dude but Social Security and other government pensions aren't even counted as liabilities on the balance sheet. If they added them in it would balloon the federal debt many times over. They aren't interest bearing liabilities like Chinese loans and they won't start a war if you don't pay them. They are planning on screwing us and then blaming someone else for why it happened.

Nitro Express
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM

I hate to break it to you dude but Social Security and other government pensions aren't even counted as liabilities on the balance sheet. If they added them in it would balloon the federal debt many times over. They aren't interest bearing liabilities like Chinese loans and they won't start a war if you don't pay them. They are planning on screwing us and then blaming someone else for why it happened.

Little Texan
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Joe Lieberman Says U.S. Should Cut Social Security To Pay For Fighting ‘The Islamist Extremists’

By Zaid Jilani on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

This past April, right-wing war hawk John Bolton suggested during an interview on Fox News that the United States should cut Social Security and Medicare to finance the defense budget.

During debate over the debt deal today on the Senate floor, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) appeared to endorse this call. Lieberman explained that he is working with Coburn on a Social Security spending reduction plan and that “we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense…to protect us…with Islamist extremists”:

LIEBERMAN: I want to indicate today to my colleagues that Senator Coburn and I are working again on a bipartisan proposal to secure Social Security over the long term, we hope to have that done in time. To also forward to the special committee for their consideration. So, bottom line, we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense we need to protect us in a dangerous world while we’re at war with Islamist extremists who attacked us on 9/11 and will be for a long time to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5oGLn5XF8E

As ThinkProgress’s Ben Armbruster notes, the Bolton-Lieberman plan is “is basically a reverse Robin Hood scheme: robbing the poor to pay the rich, or really, the Military Industrial Complex on steroids.” As Ambruster points out, “recent Reuters poll found that Americans would rather cut defense spending than raid social services in order to solve the debt and deficit problems.” Americans do not appear to have the priorities of these two war hawks.

End the wars. Tax the rich. Prosecute Droopy Dog for treason. That is all

Hasn't he noticed that the two wars we have going, already, have left the country bankrupt? How are we going to afford yet another unnecessary war, this time with Iran? Haven't we wasted enough money and countless lives in that part of the world for one decade? I say we bring all our troops home and stay the fuck out of everyone's business for a while and focus on our problems here at home.

Unchainme
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I'd rather focus on getting on track to further explore space, than investing it in another bullshit war.

Nitro Express
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Joe has his pension. The US Congress aren't on Social Security. They have their own pension and perks.

FORD
08-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't see any reference in that story to Iran. What am I missing?

Holy Joe has been BEGGING for a war with Iran since 2001 http://www.google.com/search?q=Lieberman+Iran

Nitro Express
08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd rather focus on getting on track to further explore space, than investing it in another bullshit war.

The Apollo program did more to win the cold war than Vietnam did. Space exploration inspires the world. Wars make the world hate you.

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Space research has also been incredibly helpful in giving the US a technological advantage in all sorts of areas.

Little Texan
08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
The Soviet Union invading and occupying Afghanistan for 8 years did more than anything else to win the cold war. The Soviets were bankrupt after withdrawing, and it wasn't long before the Soviet Union broke up. Now, more than 20 something years later we are following the same exact path as the Soviets before us. If you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, and we have.

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Holy Joe has been BEGGING for a war with Iran since 2001 http://www.google.com/search?q=Lieberman+Iran

Since then Pro Israel contributions to him have gone up and up so that now his 3rd largest.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/industries.php?cid=N00000616&cycle=2008

FORD
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Not to mention the fact that the computers that NASA used in the Apollo moon landing probably had less computing power than your cell phone. Maybe even a basic cell phone, let alone an iphone/droid/blackberry type of device.

FORD
08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Since then Pro Israel contributions to him have gone up and up so that now his 3rd largest.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/industries.php?cid=N00000616&cycle=2008

Even more than he gets from the insurance criminals in Connecticut? Now that was actually surprising. On the other hand, not at all surprising that the investment banks come in at #1.

Wonder which one has the lobbyist gig already lined up for the son of a bitch when he retires next year?

VAiN
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
The Soviet Union invading and occupying Afghanistan for 8 years did more than anything else to win the cold war. The Soviets were bankrupt after withdrawing, and it wasn't long before the Soviet Union broke up. Now, more than 20 something years later we are following the same exact path as the Soviets before us. If you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, and we have.

This.

I don't get it, and I always reference this when speaking about this country's current situation. It just blows my mind.

Unchainme
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
The Apollo program did more to win the cold war than Vietnam did. Space exploration inspires the world. Wars make the world hate you.

THANK YOU.

My dad often credits the space program for allowing him to have a job in the aerospace industry, and the products he sells are not only used on aircraft, but on stuff like cellphones as well.

possibly one of the best investments the US Gov't ever made, and it's time we invest in it again.

Nitro Express
08-03-2011, 01:38 AM

Nobody has ever truly conquered Afghanistan. Every empire that has tried has failed.

ashstralia
08-03-2011, 05:58 AM
i'm slightly chemically altered atm, but;

if i held a straw poll in my main street tomorrow, i'd say 98% of people would want us aussies out of afg immediately. we've had too many boys come home in boxes over this bullshit. the time to begin withdrawal was years ago. i understand your frustrations, my american friends, as you can plainly see this folly is wrecking your country for perhaps decades to come. but the people with power and agenda, the 'masters of the universe', see another reality.

what is this reality? are you china's puppet? you owe them huge amounts of $$. i'm a little scared of what would happen if they called in that debt. i can imagine a scenario where they offer to halve the debt, if you let them take over all your infrastructure in afg. so all your troops come home to no jobs, your military machine is effectively muted, and china gets a free kick at afg. that's pretty fucking scary.

Seshmeister
08-03-2011, 06:42 AM
I think the Chinese are too busy going around buying up all the worlds natural resources to worry about Afghanistan, they aren't so dumb as to get involved in that waste of time and money.

ashstralia
08-03-2011, 06:58 AM
I think the Chinese are too busy going around buying up all the worlds natural resources to worry about Afghanistan, they aren't so dumb as to get involved in that waste of time and money.

look ahead 10 or so years, sesh. the places where arable land is available will be better than gold. all that land! food and stuff. and it's a proven source of modern pharmaceuticals already. my last state govt spent $bns on a de-sal plant that, so far, has never been required.

Seshmeister
08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah people talk about the oil running out but think less about the water running out.

I think we are running about 55% which doesn't sound much but that is 55% of all fresh water is used pissed out and then used again. Growing animals, fuck growing salad even uses gallons of the stuff and the population of the world is rising fast not helped by powerful institutionalised superstition.

ashstralia
08-03-2011, 08:12 AM
i agree. the talk is all about 'peak oil'. none of us will get far with no water, even though the planet's surface is 2/3rds of the stuff. there's plenty of africans starving right now with rice and wheat but nothing to boil it in.