Holy Joe: Fuck Social Security, we need the money to INVADE IRAN!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Holy Joe: Fuck Social Security, we need the money to INVADE IRAN!!

Joe Lieberman Says U.S. Should Cut Social Security To Pay For Fighting ‘The Islamist Extremists’

By Zaid Jilani on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

This past April, right-wing war hawk John Bolton suggested during an interview on Fox News that the United States should cut Social Security and Medicare to finance the defense budget.

During debate over the debt deal today on the Senate floor, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) appeared to endorse this call. Lieberman explained that he is working with Coburn on a Social Security spending reduction plan and that “we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense…to protect us…with Islamist extremists”:

LIEBERMAN: I want to indicate today to my colleagues that Senator Coburn and I are working again on a bipartisan proposal to secure Social Security over the long term, we hope to have that done in time. To also forward to the special committee for their consideration. So, bottom line, we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense we need to protect us in a dangerous world while we’re at war with Islamist extremists who attacked us on 9/11 and will be for a long time to come.

As ThinkProgress’s Ben Armbruster notes, the Bolton-Lieberman plan is “is basically a reverse Robin Hood scheme: robbing the poor to pay the rich, or really, the Military Industrial Complex on steroids.” As Ambruster points out, “recent Reuters poll found that Americans would rather cut defense spending than raid social services in order to solve the debt and deficit problems.” Americans do not appear to have the priorities of these two war hawks.

End the wars. Tax the rich. Prosecute Droopy Dog for treason. That is all
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I can't say for sure but I hope these cuts they refer to don't apply to people that have paid there fair share into the program. I mean how can you say someone doesn't deserve social security if they fuckin paid for it? Come on. That's what pisses me off is when they say shit but don't back it the fuck up. Who do they think is funding thes dam programs? Here's the deal they can cut social security but they can pay me back every cent I paid in over the last 28 years of my life. AND PAY IT BACK RIGHT NOW. I need a vacation!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Why don't we just drop our senior citizens and disabled people on Iranians?

2 birds with one stone, plus we can test gravitational pull simultaneously.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just to clarify, this fucking bozo wants to take billions from Social Services in the US and give it in bribes to warlords and militia leaders in Iraq and Afghanistan.

How did Conneticut end up with this fuck wit?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Part of me thinks out loud how anyone could vote Republican in 2012....

And then I think of the typical Republican base voter, and I easily realize why.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It's just disgusting.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Part of me thinks out loud how anyone could vote Republican in 2012....

And then I think of the typical Republican base voter, and I easily realize why.....
            Exactly. Freak the great unwashed out with hugely exaggerated threats of Islamic terrorism (pay no attention to those Christian ones - they're CHRISTIAN, after all) and make up some more fake bullshit about gays and minorities. Expect "brownification" and "gayification" rants from Bachmann and Co. soon...
            Isn't it about time for someone to bring up the "Ground Zero" mosque debate again too, or taking "Under God" out of the pledge of allegiance? Y'know, speaking to the issues IMPORTANT to the Cletuses (Cleti?) of the country?

Liberman's an idiot.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
              Why don't we just drop our senior citizens and disabled people on Iranians?

2 birds with one stone, plus we can test gravitational pull simultaneously.

That would eliminate Lieberman too. What the fuck happened to this guy? Damn, dude has really changed a lot over the last 10 years.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• WACF
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Unreal...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I don't see any reference in that story to Iran. What am I missing?
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fellah seems a bit cross. Unfortunately there is a worrying amount of truth in what he says...

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1090222685001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2 F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcountdown%2Fvideos%2Fspe cial-comment-the-four-great-hypocrisies-of-the-debt-deal&playerID=1040141195001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAA3B3 xrZk~,HJshEnrCBsRvDMbCheku3Pjss6-I6ruG&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1090222685001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcountdown%2Fvideos%2 Fspecial-comment-the-four-great-hypocrisies-of-the-debt-deal&playerID=1040141195001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAA3B3 xrZk~,HJshEnrCBsRvDMbCheku3Pjss6-I6ruG&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      That would eliminate Lieberman too. What the fuck happened to this guy? Damn, dude has really changed a lot over the last 10 years.
                      I think most these talking heads are nuts. Olberman is nuts and Oreiley is nuts. Beck is nuts. Even Rachel Maddow is nuts.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guitar shark
                        i don't see any reference in that story to iran. What am i missing?
                        DETAILS!

You killjoy!
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                          I can't say for sure but I hope these cuts they refer to don't apply to people that have paid there fair share into the program. I mean how can you say someone doesn't deserve social security if they fuckin paid for it? Come on. That's what pisses me off is when they say shit but don't back it the fuck up. Who do they think is funding thes dam programs? Here's the deal they can cut social security but they can pay me back every cent I paid in over the last 28 years of my life. AND PAY IT BACK RIGHT NOW. I need a vacation!
                          I hate to break it to you dude but Social Security and other government pensions aren't even counted as liabilities on the balance sheet. If they added them in it would balloon the federal debt many times over. They aren't interest bearing liabilities like Chinese loans and they won't start a war if you don't pay them. They are planning on screwing us and then blaming someone else for why it happened.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                            I hate to break it to you dude but Social Security and other government pensions aren't even counted as liabilities on the balance sheet. If they added them in it would balloon the federal debt many times over. They aren't interest bearing liabilities like Chinese loans and they won't start a war if you don't pay them. They are planning on screwing us and then blaming someone else for why it happened.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Joe Lieberman Says U.S. Should Cut Social Security To Pay For Fighting ‘The Islamist Extremists’

By Zaid Jilani on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

This past April, right-wing war hawk John Bolton suggested during an interview on Fox News that the United States should cut Social Security and Medicare to finance the defense budget.

During debate over the debt deal today on the Senate floor, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) appeared to endorse this call. Lieberman explained that he is working with Coburn on a Social Security spending reduction plan and that “we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense…to protect us…with Islamist extremists”:

LIEBERMAN: I want to indicate today to my colleagues that Senator Coburn and I are working again on a bipartisan proposal to secure Social Security over the long term, we hope to have that done in time. To also forward to the special committee for their consideration. So, bottom line, we can’t protect these entitlements and also have the national defense we need to protect us in a dangerous world while we’re at war with Islamist extremists who attacked us on 9/11 and will be for a long time to come.

As ThinkProgress’s Ben Armbruster notes, the Bolton-Lieberman plan is “is basically a reverse Robin Hood scheme: robbing the poor to pay the rich, or really, the Military Industrial Complex on steroids.” As Ambruster points out, “recent Reuters poll found that Americans would rather cut defense spending than raid social services in order to solve the debt and deficit problems.” Americans do not appear to have the priorities of these two war hawks.

End the wars. Tax the rich. Prosecute Droopy Dog for treason. That is all
                              Hasn't he noticed that the two wars we have going, already, have left the country bankrupt? How are we going to afford yet another unnecessary war, this time with Iran? Haven't we wasted enough money and countless lives in that part of the world for one decade? I say we bring all our troops home and stay the fuck out of everyone's business for a while and focus on our problems here at home.
                              Last edited by Little Texan; 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...