X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

360 degree view of shuttle

They seem to have added some stuff since Moonraker.

Actually I read that the shuttle has less computer power than a Playstation as NASA never wanted to change anything that already worked bringing in a new risk although they would take laptops with them.
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Cool!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I remember reading an article that NASA was shopping for old computer parts on Ebay to keep the shuttle systems working.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Actually I read that the shuttle has less computer power than a Playstation as NASA never wanted to change anything that already worked bringing in a new risk although they would take laptops with them.

Do you remember about 8-10 years ago reports of Saddam Hussein receiving huge shipments of Playstations or X-Boxes because the computers in them were far more powerful than anything else they could get their hands on? Might not have been Saddam, and I may be off on the exact timeline. But I do remember reports of something along those lines.

The Apollo capsule computer & guidance systems were less sophisticated than my cell phone. Bizarre when you think about it. They went to the fucking moon with less technology than my phone has, yet I can't make a call if I'm in a parking garage.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...