• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Let's scare the shit out of Shoes

:ATTENTION WHORE ALERT:
    So I go in for routine bloodwork. They say the Liver enzymes are high, let's do the test again. Same result, let's do fasting bloodwork for the following: Isoenzymes, lipid panel, hepatic function and GGT. On the bottom of that order is written "please process ASAP".

SO, asshole that I am, I looked up these tests on the internet. It ain't pretty. Anybody have any background in this stuff, or am I going to walk around for a couple of weeks wondering if I have liver or bone cancer? I need a best case scenario.

Oh dear.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Elevated liver enzymes could be a sign of many different things. Some would be very serious conditions, others less so. Speeding up the tests would be a good idea, just to make sure what the cause is, so you can act on it as soon as possible, since a liver that's not functioning properly is problematic in and of itself, even if the root cause is on the minor end of the scale.

Inflamed liver cells can leak higher levels of liver enzymes into the bloodstream. The symptom is often mild and short-term.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yes, thanks I get all my online information from Mayo or the NIH. Still a scary business.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Julius
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Relax. I've had the same thing pulled on me by the HMO doc and after the test results came back, she offered "Lay off the artificially sweetened soft drinks and drink more pure water instead."

You'll be fine.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Julius
          Relax. I've had the same thing pulled on me by the HMO doc and after the test results came back, she offered "Lay off the artificially sweetened soft drinks and drink more pure water instead."

You'll be fine.
          That's encouraging to hear. I can hope she's over reacting or being overcautious.

Oh dear.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, it's definitely true that the liver isn't a big fan of either artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn poison. Since that shit isn't natural, the liver doesn't know how to metabolize it. Too much of that shit, and its the same end result as too much alcohol, Cirrhosis.

Without all the fun of getting there
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Julius
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
              That's encouraging to hear. I can hope she's over reacting or being overcautious.
              Yes and yes. And generating some revenue as well. That's the game.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yes. I guess this is one of those "everybody tell me I'm going to be OK" threads. Sorry, my mind just always goes to the worst thing.

Oh dear.

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Bad News Shoes...

You're probably going to die based on your avatar... best case scenario is they remove your horns and huge pink scrotum and call it even...

That is all.

Icon©®™™
                  An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                  hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

It's a bad day when conmee can't recognize tits.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                      Bad News Shoes...

You're probably going to die based on your avatar... best case scenario is they remove your horns and huge pink scrotum and call it even...

That is all.

Icon©®™™

I thought the dog was chewing Bazooka bubble gum from the wrong end.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

No no no, the dog is dressed as a cow for Halloween. I cracked up.

Oh dear.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                          No no no, the dog is dressed as a cow for Halloween. I cracked up.
                          i was never gonna ask...
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Scrotum eh? Such a man thing. No she's ready to milk!

And it's not mine, I don't own dalmations.

Oh dear.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

I am hoping shoes gets good reports back from docs.

I wouldn't want to scare shoes out of her mind or her shoes or shit or her non Dalmation having AV,, but I would like to ask her to make me some sammiches, after giving her the best 90 seconds of her life, yes I would.

Cause, I am a giver.

As long as there are sammiches.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...