I always heard old diesel trucks could sit a long time and start but this is amazing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I always heard old diesel trucks could sit a long time and start but this is amazing.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm not a diesel engine expert, but wouldn't it need spark to fire up? I have to assume they put a fresh battery in there?
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
      I'm not a diesel engine expert, but wouldn't it need spark to fire up? I have to assume they put a fresh battery in there?
      Yeah, you have to get the glow plugs hot. I'm sure they dropped a good battery in but clearly that truck hadn't had much more than that done to it. Give it a lube job and drive it as a ratt. LOL! I can see the police officer already. "What is this piece of shit? Do you feel safe driving this vehicle?"

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I can see the police officer already. "What is this piece of shit? Do you feel safe driving this vehicle?"
          Hell yeah I would, it's a goddamn tank!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            <object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YfZDtC9kjVk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
            I actually had that particular model of Toyota truck in the the 1980's. Mine had the gasoline engine. I never had one problem with it. Nothing. I have always been very good at keeping my vehicles on a maintenance schedual but with most cars you always have the defects that show up here and there. Those Toyota pickups were great.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-08-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

They are doing a US version of Top Gear now and frankly it sucks. I watch the British Top Gear for two main reasons. First the hosts of the show are entertaining. Second, they cover some cool cars we don't have here. I like to learn about how the gas suspension on a Citroen DS works. I like to watch Reliant Robins roll over. Minis are cool but that Reliant Robin is some strange shit. I guess you avoided some big fees and taxes having three wheels. We don't have that kind of weirdness here. Top Gear covers all those quirky things and makes fun of them. I love their hate of caravans. LOL!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the British one will always have the advantage of not being reliant on adverts or sponsorship.

Any commercial based one is always going to be under pressure from manufacturers not to say a product is shit.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

TGA is getting better but i don't know if they'll catch up to the original.

but then, go back and watch the first couple seasons of the British version and you'll see how weak they were at the beginning.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the British one is now maybe on a downward spiral and starting to get a little tired.

It's hard for them to keep pushing the envelope without looking like they are faking it especially on the challenges.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I think the British one will always have the advantage of not being reliant on adverts or sponsorship.

Any commercial based one is always going to be under pressure from manufacturers not to say a product is shit.
                      True. I also think Jeremy Clarkson would be hard to buy off actually. He probably would tell the sponsor to get fucked. Especially if it was a caravan manufacturer. LOL!

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

anyone remember that old 'planes trains and autos' doco that robbie coltrane did where they started up an old hemi v8 that had been used to power an air raid siren? ps. aussie top gear=shit sandwich with no bread.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                          anyone remember that old 'planes trains and autos' doco that robbie coltrane did where they started up an old hemi v8 that had been used to power an air raid siren? ps. aussie top gear=shit sandwich with no bread.
                          How Rude.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...