X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm probably one of the few that have liked Griffey throughout his career...remember when he was a samurai at 19...and just a star throughout his career until late in Seattle and all of Cincinnati...

what an immense talent...and he's more or less turned into an enigma...

more than likely because of the fans...and the money that he makes...whatever...

Is this for real for Griffey...he hit 499 today in Cleveland...Cliff Lee in his next at bat was ejected for throwing one BEHIND Griffey...(balls for a rookie)...then nearly Jacks another one...hitting one to the track...

How many think that He'll continue for the rest of the year...and start making another run a destiny...ie Bonds...

Or is this just a calm between injuries?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I can't believe this isn't getting any play...

Griffey seems to be the player everyone hates...

He's back...no opinions?

Should hit 500 this week...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

He's having a great season and I'm happy for him, but it remains to be seen whether he can hold up physically. Without a doubt he's a HOF, based on his Seattle years when he was one of the best who ever played. He should get to 600 HR, unless he has a total breakdown.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...a total breakdown these days for him would be the norm...not the out of the ordinary...

I've always liked Griffey...the way he's played the game...most people did...

until he started getting hurt...as if he could control that...

you give him two seasons based on his averages during those injury filled years...and homeboy would be going for 600...not 500...and Aaron's record would be a foregone conclusion...

Now...say he hits 50 the next four years...which I doubt...and he's still not close...to bad really...

you never know though...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

No doubt he gets a bad rap from the press....

Like you said, as if he faked blowing out his knee....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            what an immense talent...and he's more or less turned into an enigma...

Or is this just a calm between injuries?

He turned himself into an enigma by becoming a little cunt. Great player yes, asshole, yes.

And I do think he'll get injured again this season. Shit, if I was Cinncinatti, I'd have him dangling on the trade wire RIGHT NOW.

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

He turned himself into an enigma by becoming a little cunt. Great player yes, asshole, yes.

And I do think he'll get injured again this season. Shit, if I was Cinncinatti, I'd have him dangling on the trade wire RIGHT NOW.
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
              <br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Well...a total breakdown these days for him would be the norm...not the out of the ordinary...

I've always liked Griffey...the way he's played the game...most people did...

until he started getting hurt...as if he could control that...

you give him two seasons based on his averages during those injury filled years...and homeboy would be going for 600...not 500...and Aaron's record would be a foregone conclusion...

Now...say he hits 50 the next four years...which I doubt...and he's still not close...to bad really...

you never know though...
                Like McGwire, all those games he lost due to injury.

Both he and Griffey would be ranking high if not for the hurts.

Too bad, Sports Illustrated this week has a breakdown of what his numbers would have looked like if he hadn't been so injury prone since arriving in Cincy.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

No doubt, his numbers would be off the map right now. One of the greatest players I've ever seen.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I was reading tonight that he is so gun shy now with the injuries that he has no "first step" left, and that he is ranked like 15 out of 16 in center field rankings. No going into the gaps and running them down, balls are getting over his head, etc.

No telling what he would have done if he had most of that time back.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

I've always liked Griffey. He was the best player (overall) in the 90's, and very underrated today. I think he's better than Bonds both on the field and off. I hope he stays healthy and makes it Griffey tonite instead of Bonds tonite.
                      http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

And man...that guy in the field...

his first coupla years...he had a good stick...but the guy was on nightly for robbing people of dingers...

he needs back in the AL to DH...or play first in the NL...gotta keep him healthy...

funny though...it's nearly all or nothing for him right now...dinger or nothin'...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

The average is creeping up there a little.

.262 18 HR 50 RBI

And Cincy in the hunt for their division.

I agree POJ , some DH and first base could add some years to his career.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

And who can forget when he roamed the outfield his rookie year...or second year...can't remember...

with his dad...what a fucking thrill that must have been...for both...

and his attitude has always been topnotch...I know there are some that say different...and he may be an ass in the clubhouse...but he's always put himself out there in a positive manner...he at least gets the PR piece that Bonds seemed to forget about...

Comment

• High Life Man
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

And who can forget when he roamed the outfield his rookie year...or second year...can't remember...

with his dad...
                              Fuck, I remember that baseball card with him and his pop.

Comment

Working...