X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mohican
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2011

DLR & AVH Cruizin' Panama

Only a few seconds of this footage ended up in the Panama video. I thought the scene of Dave and Alex cruising in Dave's red Chevy low rider was the coolest. This is a great find from the Tube.

• Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Sweet As.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Very cool video. Funny to see them get snagged by the cops.

What's even funnier is watching Al pretend to be friends with Dave. This video had to be around the time when things went south between DLR and the brothers VH....so tensions were probably high.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

That is one badass machine.

Most car enthusiasts are fans of Daves '51 Merc

here's a funny thread with vids, pics, and stories....

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It's an outtake from the Panama video - so I assume they didn't totally want to kill each other just yet... but they were close...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by VAiN
            It's an outtake from the Panama video - so I assume they didn't totally want to kill each other just yet... but they were close...
            I've seen a few other outtakes like this that are several minutes long - bits of which all ended up in the Panama vid. Dave on his motorcycle, etc. EVH in a hotel room, and DLR in a hotel room (the scenes where he was 'arrested').

Some of them have the clipboard with director's name, date, etc. November 1983, I recall. They appear on youtube for a while, hen disappear again.

There could still be original footage somewhere - but then again a lot of his stuff could have been mislaid when the band split in 85, which was followed quickly by the sacking of Noel Monk.

If he wasn't dead, I'd bet he know what happened to all this stuff (not to mention concer footage).
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              Funny to see them get snagged by the cops.
              Knowing Dave, that was probably staged for dramatic effect. Great video! That's Dave's father's Pasadena house at the end, isn't it?
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

There's two of those Mercs out there - Dave's and a replica built by George Barris. The Barris Merc is the one that shows up on the car show circuit and has Barris emblems on the front fenders and a late model steering wheel. You know you have a sweet ride when George Barris builds a replica of it!! Apparently Barris sold his Merc back in 2005 for a little over 30 grand. Wonder if Dave still has his?

Custom, TV & Movie Cars from the George Barris Collection Bring $1.8 Million on May 14 at Bonhams & Butterfields' Los Angeles Sale Collectors,
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  I've seen a few other outtakes like this that are several minutes long - bits of which all ended up in the Panama vid. Dave on his motorcycle, etc. EVH in a hotel room, and DLR in a hotel room (the scenes where he was 'arrested').

Some of them have the clipboard with director's name, date, etc. November 1983, I recall. They appear on youtube for a while, hen disappear again.
                  They're available on the 'Rape of the Vaults, Vol. I & II' DVDs...
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                    Knowing Dave, that was probably staged for dramatic effect. Great video! That's Dave's father's Pasadena house at the end, isn't it?
                    Y'know...I was wondering if Dave set that up. But the way they were hopping up and down shirtless in the car I thought perhaps the cops saw it and thought they were under the influence.

Also, the camera is so far away from the scene that it looks unplanned...like the camera crew kept going ahead before they realized Dave and Al had been pulled over.
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Get a Life,Heater.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

I would tell Bleater to go to Hell, but that's already a done deal.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                          That is one badass machine.

Most car enthusiasts are fans of Daves '51 Merc

here's a funny thread with vids, pics, and stories....
                          http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=421198
                          I'm glad Dave hung onto that one. I saw a photo of it at a car show. One thing that needs to be done is that car needs a new steering wheel. It had an old 70's GM truck wheel and it looked horrid. That car needs a proper 50's styled wheel with a horn ring on it.

I bet that cop said,"Have you boys been drinking?" Also, Hasselhoff stopped to check out all the fuss in Kit the Night Rider Trans Am. That should be the guy the cops pull over. Hasselhoff is always drunk. Good thing he has a smart car that can drive itself because the asshole behind the wheel can't even eat a hamburger because he's so wasted.
                          Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-29-2011, 12:44 AM.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I bet that cop said,"Have you boys been drinking?" Also, Hasselhoff stopped to check out all the fuss in Kit the Night Rider Trans Am. That should be the guy the cops pull over. Hasselhoff is always drunk. Good thing he has a smart car that can drive itself because the asshole behind the wheel can't even eat a hamburger because he's so wasted.
                            I have no idea what this means, but it provoked a fit of involuntary spasmodic laughter.
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

The car with Sting pretending to be Dave ... nah, it's Dave really

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...