PDA

View Full Version : New Dave pic on FaceBook?

VAiN
09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
There's a David Lee Roth FaceBook page ( https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeeRoth ) that appears to be legit... it has zero updates, except for the 'Get Ready' statement, which was added not long ago this morning... along with this pic..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312981_129404733828311_128624973906287_113224_7541 67975_n.jpg

Anyone think this is a studio shot from the new album sessions?

DLR4VH
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Very cool!

DLR Bridge
09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Is he standing on the Schlitz encrusted floors of 5150!? That is a cool pic. Dave actually looks a little like Ray Charles here. The "Get Ready" statement has lost it's power, though. Like who the F wasn't already ready? C'mon now. Let's go!!!

Nitro Express
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Alex Van Halen: What are the Christmas lights and curtain for?

Dave: It's to jazz up the studio man. I can't work in Ice Station Zebra. I need color. I need atmosphere!

Alex Van Halen: Hey man cut with the lame shit Dave! This is work man! This is no joke! Fucking palm trees and girls wiggling their asses! We're not rock stars, we're fucking musicians ok?

Dave: Hey! I need my tools to paint a beautiful picture.

Alex: Throws drumsticks at Dave and walks off to get drunk.

DavidLeeNatra
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Club Dave...

mohican
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Dave: It's to jazz up the studio man. I can't work in Ice Station Zebra. I need color. I need atmosphere!

Alex Van Halen: Hey man cut with the lame shit Dave! This is work man! This is no joke! Fucking palm trees and girls wiggling their asses! We're not rock stars, we're fucking musicians ok?

:lmao: Good CFTH reference.

Haven't seen this photo before. Dave looks thinner than '07/08. Maybe it's current. What's with the granny drapery? Please no.

indeedido
09-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Concrete floor stands to reason it is Dave's basement. Has a big patch job telling me it has been around for a while, the basement that is.

Nitro Express
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Concrete floor stands to reason it is Dave's basement. Has a big patch job telling me it has been around for a while, the basement that is.

Good observation. 5150 has a parquet floor and most studios have a wood floor of some kind. It probably is Dave in his basement recording a new solo album because he can't get anything done with the Van Halen brothers. LOL!

DavidLeeNatra
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
the room in Dave's basement isn't that high...

hambon4lif
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe it's a visual statement to the Tasmanian upon the completion of his "re-done" vocals....

...only the truly informed know for sure. :thumb:

Sensible Shoes
09-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Ya know, we are all pathetic that we know stuff like this.

clarathecarrot
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I have those same shoes. I wear them when I don't feel like lacing up my tennis shoes (sneakers for you X'rs) lazy, or in a hurry, or just want to enjoy the comfortability of loafers.

My right shoe is split along the inside seam around the ball of my right foot between the soul and the top piece of shoe material.

I have been meaning to get some glue and fix it, but like lacing up my sneakers sometimes I am just in a hurry , or not so concerned with these trivial matters.

They could be and must be different shoes, ( not the "SAME" shoes) as I have mine and he obviously has a different pair, what with the world being all based on structure and form.

INTERESTING STUFF!

Va Beach VH Fan
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
The tangents these threads go off on are hilarious sometimes...

Just throwing that out there... :grouphug:

Blaze
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
David has a harmonica in the left breast pocket of his Carhartts. :yo:

indeedido
09-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Well it looks like a sub floor up above like it is a basement somewhere. Man, I got nothing better to talk about than that. That and the two casters on the right side, I guess his rig is mobile. Who needs new music right?

sadaist
09-28-2011, 04:20 PM
like this

Come on Dave. In one morning that's the equivalent of 2 sold out shows at Staples Center. Let's get this show on the motherfucking road already. I am ready!

mohican
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Is this Dave's official FB page? I guess there's no way of knowing.

Sensible Shoes
09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
I hate to even bring this up, but doesn't it look like Dancing with the Stars is on the horizon? :banme:

PETE'S BROTHER
09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I hate to even bring this up, but doesn't it look like Dancing with the Stars is on the horizon? :banme:

nope:argue::biggrin:

Cato
09-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Super Mario.....eh?

VAiN
09-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Is this Dave's official FB page? I guess there's no way of knowing.

I'm thinking it is... there's also a twitter link now: http://twitter.com/#!/DavidLeeRoth

it's minor, but something is actually happening in the VH camp!

indeedido
09-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Super Mario.....eh?

Ha! That's all I see now!

Diamondjimi
09-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh My God! What a FAG! You can bet there is some ripping Judy Garland playing in that room. And Dave feels PRETTY!

Eat a fucking dick, Troll! :fu:

jpage78
09-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh My God! What a FAG! You can bet there is some ripping Judy Garland playing in that room. And Dave feels PRETTY!

This is my very first post on Roth Army....and I'd just like to say

You sir, are a homophobic prick. Even if DLR WAS gay (which he's not) what does that have to do with anything? Sounds like something Sammy would say. Get that shit outta here.

Jesus Christ
09-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Verily I say unto you that there are sheep who are not of this fold, and it is better for them that they have a millstone hung around their neck and are drowned at sea.

dazzlindino
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh My God! What a FAG! You can bet there is some ripping Judy Garland playing in that room. And Heater feels PRETTY!
should change your name to fluffer.....

fryingdutchman
09-28-2011, 08:44 PM
This is my very first post on Roth Army....and I'd just like to say

You sir, are a homophobic prick. Even if DLR WAS gay (which he's not) what does that have to do with anything? Sounds like something Sammy would say. Get that shit outta here.

Allow me to give you your first "Thanks."

And welcome aboard.

fryingdutchman
09-28-2011, 08:47 PM

But there's a chance that Dave might be!!!:stoned-smiley::lmao:

Jesus Christ
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Speaking blasphemies against my Dad isn't gonna help your case, sheep. Now be gone from this place, and sin here no more.

SunisinuS
09-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Lol Heater...the dudes on He-Haw got laid more times then anyone you have ever been around.

I suggest you study up on getting down.

Heater....here is your problem dude: You have never been in showbusiness. You couldn't entertain your head in a vice. See, Sean Connery wears make up and face paint and puts on costumes when he goes to work. So have many Oscar Winners....James Dean, Christopher Lee, lots of people that are entertainers. Since even Every Clown to you is Gay, why not adopt FORD's avatar as your look 24/7?

Let's see how you do.

Dave: 5 chicks a night and no paternity suit?

Heater: 1 beat off a night to Sammy Hagar's "seriousness".

Roth On.

Sensible Shoes
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I shared the photo on Facebook and retweeted on twitter - anybody who is on those sites might consider it as a way of getting more followers for Dave

VAiN
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
I shared the photo on Facebook and retweeted on twitter - anybody who is on those sites might consider it as a way of getting more followers for Dave

I did the same with FB... Doing my part to spread the word of Dave..

bru87tr
09-28-2011, 10:09 PM
There's a David Lee Roth FaceBook page ( https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeeRoth ) that appears to be legit... it has zero updates, except for the 'Get Ready' statement, which was added not long ago this morning... along with this pic..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312981_129404733828311_128624973906287_113224_7541 67975_n.jpg

Anyone think this is a studio shot from the new album sessions?

I don't believe it is daves page.

Under info he wouldn't list VH site ?

DONNIEP
09-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Happy, healthy, sober...close enough!!! Come on Dave - let's get this ghetto chariot rollin'!!!

Sensible Shoes
09-28-2011, 10:26 PM

I dunno, why wouldn't he just list his own?

BITEYOASS
09-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Ya know, we are all pathetic that we know stuff like this.

Nah, we're not pathetic. This is pathetic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

And this is what I call Cherone-type pathetic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IftmTwzgYks&feature=related

VAiN
09-28-2011, 10:58 PM

I wondered this too... then again, why should he link to it? There's nothing there. Maybe once an album is out it will get updated? I think it's actually Dave's page.. the FB and Twitter pages match, so it would be a pretty well thought out hoax if it's not real.

Nitro Express
09-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Here's Dave in the famous basement room. It's a pretty high ceiling with some pipes and stuff. Zlowzower said it is actually underneath the landing of the big stairway in Dave's backyard where you see the band in several photos Zloz took in the day. He said the band rarely let anyone down there.

ZahZoo
09-29-2011, 08:37 AM

LMAO... Had a similar thought.

Even in hillbilly overalls there's certain Vaudville/Liberace element there...

Hummarstra
09-29-2011, 11:09 AM

:lmao:

Diamondjimi
09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
What's with the granny drapery?

It's most likely for room "dampening". He's using a super sensitive mic. that has a wide audio field. If the room has too much reflective surface you'll hear more room than voice.
In a nutshell, this technique helps the mic. focus more on the voice...

Hope this answers your question....

Northern Girl
09-29-2011, 07:13 PM
There is something familiar about the picture to me, like I've seen it before...just sayin'...

TJMKID
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM

Wipe Sammy's smegma off your lips, Cheater ----- now I see why everyone calls you dipshits "Ched Heads" LOL :yo:

PETE'S BROTHER
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Wipe Sammy's smegma off your lips, Cheater ----- now I see why everyone calls you dipshits "Ched Heads" LOL :yo:

hey now...?

Blaze
09-29-2011, 11:38 PM
There is something familiar about the picture to me, like I've seen it before...just sayin'...
Could it be one of Jimmi's photochops?

Diamondjimi
09-30-2011, 02:23 AM
:biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh that's just mean.

GreenBayLA
10-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Aerosmith sends out emails to fans with updates quoting Tyler, Perry et al plus videos etc. Tyler: New Aerosmith album scheduled for March 2012.
Van Halen puts out nothing and Dave releases a photo with no info, bread crumbs for the starving.

Found this photo of Al and Dave from VHND in July, didn't recall seeing it here. Anyone know date of pic, from tour or recording studio?

http://www.vhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Alex_Dave.jpg