X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Bull - 1 Matador - 0.

i wish the bull would've shat on his head, as well.

• sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
    i wish the bull would've shat on his head, as well.

Serious man. The way they stab the bull sickens me. Barbaric, cruel, torturous, etc.... I always root for the bull and get a smile when I hear of a goring.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Ummm.....

That thing ripped his fucking face off. AWESOME!

Bull 1 - Matador 0? I'd give the bull at least 3 points for that move.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Don't mean to hijack the thread. (ok, maybe a little). but you guys GOTTA check this shit out. Popped his fucking eye out.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Bull Gores Matador Juan Jose Padilla in the Face, Horn Pops Eye Out (Video)
          Look, if there are people in Spain who are going to stand in a ring and play chicken with raging bulls in the name of machismo and entertainment, then we

Look, if there are people in Spain who are going to stand in a ring and play chicken with raging bulls in the name of machismo and entertainment, then we won’t shy away from showing you the nasty injuries they suffer. I thought it was bad last year when a matador was gored and the bull’s horn went through his chin and out his mouth. That was extreme. This may be worse.

As Deadspin shares with us, matador Juan Jose Padilla fell down in the ring and was gored by a bull in the face Friday in Spain. The horn entered beneath his ear, and appeared to exit nearby his eye socket. At one point, it appeared as if his eye popped out of his socket.

Padilla is said to have a broken left cheekbone, and doctors reportedly are trying to save his eye.

Here is a video of the incident, and as you could imagine, it’s pretty gross. Warning: below the video, there is a picture of the matador’s eye out of the socket. That one is disturbingly graphic.

If we’re such an advanced species, why are challenging 1,500 pound beasts in hand-to-hand combat? Wise up, Spain.
          About Larry Brown:
          Larry Brown has over nine years of professional sports media experience, working in online, radio, and TV capacities. He recently was a nationally syndicated sports radio host for Sporting News Radio. Follow him on twitter @LBSports

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

No BULL-SHIT.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Didn't they build a huge bull fighting arena right across the border in TJ a few years back? Wonder if this kind of shit has happened there yet?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

no worries sada, go the bulls!!!!! i mean they're nice to eat, but why torture them first?

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Didn't they build a huge bull fighting arena right across the border in TJ a few years back? Wonder if this kind of shit has happened there yet?

I believe there are 2 bullrings in TJ. One is right on the ocean close enough to the border at Imperial Beach that you could throw a rock at it. People have stood on the CA side of the beach & flown a kite with camera attached & taken great pics of the TJ bullring. It's the old one. Not sure how new the other is.

Here is a pic of the guy on the USA side using a kite camera. (looks like a really fun hobby)

Quote "I was flying my kite from the American side, maybe twenty metres from the actual border. The wind was blowing from the southwest.

The kite had 500' of line out when this shot was taken. The camera was 100' from the kite."

Bullfight at Plaza Monumantal in Tijuana, Mexico. I used a kite to fly the camera. The U.S. / Mexico border is just off the bottom-edge of the picture. Plaza Monumental is the second biggest bullring in all Mexico, and the third largest bullring on earth. This bullfight was celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Tijuana's Bullring by the Sea: Plaza Monumental. I knew it was a big deal when I heard Charo on the radio Friday telling people not to attend. Apparently, she doesn't care for the bullfights. I was flying my kite from the American side, maybe twenty metres from the actual border. The wind was blowing from the southwest. The kite had 500' of line out when this shot was taken. The camera was 100' from the kite. This flight was my first KAP using the FLED! ( in black bat motif ), even though I've had it for at least six months. I would have liked to have tested it somewhere else first, but the winds where I live just don't work for the FLED. The FLED was thus relegated to the Accelerated Testing Program. Today, however, is exactly why I bought the FLED. The FLED flew and lifted beautifully in the smooth, light winds coming off the Pacific Ocean, just like I figured it would. I would have been skunked today without it, so it's already paid for itself. It came down with what looks like a small-calibre bullet-hole in it, right dead center! In September - the first time I KAPed this spot - the Border Patrol advised me someone in Mexico may shoot at my kite if they can tell I'm taking pictures. Maybe he was right! I was flying from Border Field State Park, in the extreme southwest corner of the U.S. Even though I could hear the music and smell the food from the party going on across the border, I was all by myself on the U.S. side in the State Park. I had the whole place to myself ( except for the Border Patrol ) and for at least a couple miles north. When was the last time you walked a mile on a Southern California beach without seeing another person - on a summer weekend no less ? Even though it turned out to be an overcast, foggy day, bright sunshine was forecast. I feel sorry for the folks at the bullring who paid extra to sit in "el sombre" today ( the seats on the shaded side of the bullring go for a premium ).

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, that's the one I saw on Google Earth. It's literally right in the corner of the country. You go to street view on that thing, and you got the bull arena on one side of the street, and the border fence on the other, and right next door is like a lighthouse or something. Probably better view of the bullfights from there than even from the kite-cam
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

I had one of those Google Earth photo vans drive past me yesterday....

That is all...
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Always vote for the bull. It's like watching NASCAR for the wrecks...
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                          I had one of those Google Earth photo vans drive past me yesterday....

That is all...
                          come on jimi, what'd ya do?

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Hmm.. hahahahaha! Naughty that I can be. Attaching webcams (and maybe even audio equipment) to RC planes might prove to be an interesting way to watch an open venue. Come to think of it, I am surprised that the superbowl isn't buzzing with RCplanes!

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

My Grandpa was part Mexican and had some old posters of bullfights in his garage. He always told a story/joke. I'll do my best to tell.

A man living in Spain would go to the restaurant next door to the bullring every Saturday evening for a special dinner. Jose the chef knew him very well & they were on a first name basis. he always was reserved the same great table by the window. His order every Saturday was the testacles of the biggest, baddest bull that lost that days bullfight. Somewhat of a delicacy, especially since they were fresh that day and it was the bull with the most testosterone, rage, power, and all that mojo.

One Saturday night he sits down at his same old table and the waiter comes up to greet him. He doesn't even need to ask his order. 20 minutes later the waiter comes out with his dinner & places it on the table. As the man looks at his plate he notices the testicles are extremely small. He asks Jose the waiter why the serving is so small tonight?

Answered Jose, Senior, sometimes the bull, he wins.

Comment

Working...