• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Al's 1980 Tour Drum Kit at RRHoF

Anyone in the area? This would be cool to see...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

That is one badass lookin kit! Long time, no see...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Haven't been to the RRHOF in prob 15 yrs.............

I might have to pay Cleveland a visit...and the ladies of Circus Circus! OI Vay!!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

the Circus is gone. the Hustler club replaced it, and now moved to the West Bank of the Flats.

haven't been to the HOF since the failed induction. when they say lower level, i wonder if it's in a spot where it can be seen from the outside.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Very disappointed when I visited that place....

Very unorganized....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Very disappointed when I visited that place....

Very unorganized....
            I hear ya, VA. The wife and I took a trip there many moons ago (pre-kids), and I remember not being overly-impressed.

But it is cool that they have Al's kit. Not sure I'd make the trip again just for that, though.

We need bigger pictures!
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              We need bigger pictures!
              Agreed! I'm guessing they're keeping it small so you'll have to drag your ass in there to get a better look.... Sure wish I was closer...
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

We need bigger pictures!
                the HOF frowns on cameras being brought in, but i know it's been done. most of the "staff" are inner city types who don't really give a shit what goes on, so maybe someone will get lucky and get a few pics.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was there in 2000 (pre-kids, too). Saw an awesome John Lennon exhibit. They had just added a wall of Hendrix stuff. Not so much as a pic with a VH logo on it to be found there. I was surprised, but not.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

ah, the Lennon exhibit. Yoko was nice enough to send the bag of bloody clothes they cut off John after he was shot.

one of Bassplayer's Yamahas was on display downstairs but i don't remember if it was there before the VH induction or not.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Wasn't quite like that, though the glasses were there. It was mostly his art (that she eventually sold to Carters and would find it's way into my first born's nursery) and hand written goodies.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I remember reading an article on Al in some music magazine that he did his own modifications to his drum kits. He would used multiple bass drums and experiment with connecting them in different ways. He even put PA horns in some of his bass drums.

I have yet to hear one good thing about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have heard good things about the Experience Music Project in Seattle but nothing good about the Hall of Fame. If anything it's become a joke.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          the HOF frowns on cameras being brought in, but i know it's been done. most of the "staff" are inner city types who don't really give a shit what goes on, so maybe someone will get lucky and get a few pics.
                          Lemmy said some of the stuff he loaned the HOF were stollen and he never got them back. Sounds like some of those inner city types who don't give a shit might have been leaking some goods. Lemmy might want to check a few Cleveland pawn shops or Ebay.

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I have heard good things about the Experience Music Project in Seattle but nothing good about the Hall of Fame.
                            The EMP is very cool... I loved it, and would definitely go back. It's worth checking out if you're in the Seattle area for sure!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              The EMP is very cool... I loved it, and would definitely go back. It's worth checking out if you're in the Seattle area for sure!
                              Well the EMP is Paul Allen's baby and he's a huge rock and roll fan. He built the place to display some of his own collection and other people's collection to the public and to honor Jimi Hendrix who was a Seattle native. You can feel the love there. The HOF seems to be ran by a committee. One motivated guy who gives a shit will always stomp a committee in everything. What's the old joke? A camel is a horse created by a committee?

Comment

Working...