Terrible week in motor racing continues; simoncelli diead.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Terrible week in motor racing continues; simoncelli diead.

he was a good guy. rip dude.

• Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I don't want this to sound like a Devil's making light of this, because I'm really not, but......

Two guys go down, one of them is able to get up and walk away, the other one loses his helmet and dies.

Anyone else think that big afro on his head might have had anything to do with it? Seems that might make it more difficult for a helmet to fit properly enough to do its intended job.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

BTW... who knew Italians had Afros?
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

yes, o evil one, there has been some speculation that simo's fro had something to do with him losing his lid. but edwards' bike hit him hard enough to break the chinstrap, that's hard enough to break his neck imho. i reckon he was dead very quickly, if not instantly.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Tragic...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

tragic indeed, sir. i'm sparing a thought or two for colin and valentino, they'd be inconsolable. but there's no blame; like a week ago it was just a simple racing incident, the likes of which we see dozens yearly in all forms and people walk away from.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Rather than 'death by afro' I think the problem was his head and neck being down at wheel level.

At least it was quick...

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

making motor racing safe; no motor racing vehicle shall exceed 20 kmh.

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

WOW that is brutal, quick is the way to go though..IMO

EUAS

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Hi, I´m new in the Army, but BIG fan of David since 1978. Brother, you have really shocked me, I´m also a big fan of Marco, thank you BROTHER, and as you said: he was a good guy. My heart with father Paolo, mother Rosella, sister Martina and fiancé Kate.
                    For all DLRARMY: RACE YOUR LIFE !!!!!
                    Originally posted by ashstralia

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

hey katina, nice to meet ya. we had another tragic death over here recently in the 600 superbikes... the kid was only 17.

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        hey katina, nice to meet ya. we had another tragic death over here recently in the 600 superbikes... the kid was only 17.

http://www.riotengine.in/2012/02/26/...ith-a-tragedy/
                        Hi, brother, I copied from Marco Simoncelli Official Fanpage on Facebook a letter (written by his fiancé Kate) from Marco to his parents, give a look to Marco´s page, you will see what a good guy he was, and what extraordinary family he had.

Dear Mother and Father…that’s the way it is. This way is but not enough for us, this way throws us out, cruelly, without an explanation and without a warning. The only thing that we can do now is clinging to memories that are jealously kept into our heart: nothing and nobody will take them away, NOT the memories. Here we raise our eyes, that are now able to see again; we don’t call it resignation, but courage instead: the courage to get up again, to reappear at the life that, in spite of having been so cruel with us, has but so much more to offer us. “Life is the sport of the brave people”, this is what Marco has always taught us, at every cost. It’s your turn now to win the race, to finish his mission; the real warrior cannot surrender even to the irreparable, Marco wouldn’t ever have surrendered!!! Life gave you another wonder as a gift: Martina, she will light up your darkness and will fill your gaps, don’t be overwhelmed by the guilt. Only great parents could have been so full of love towards their child to accompany him through his walk of life, an extremely valuable gift, the result of an extraordinary generosity and altruism.This gift becomes even more precious when it’s the father himself who takes care of his son during his adventure. There’s no greater gift than a father always by his son’s side, always there with a caress or an hug at the grid, to cheer for him. Marco has really been lucky to have had such a family as you are, you’ve been able to teach him the love for the “small things”, those things that really matter, those things that make “the big” bigger...here’s the reason why Marco was always smiling. We’ll remember about Sic, the 58, the one able to make us dream so much, but we’ll remember above all about that child we saw growing up, from that far 6 of january, when he received his firt minibike as a gift…yes, that’s the way we’ll remember about him….definetely…Diobò!!!

I didn´t know another young boy died, what is his name??
                        I also cried a lot for Peter Lenz.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

"Seventeen year old Oscar McIntyre of Australia was killed in the 600cc Superstock race just which was held before the commencement of Superpole."

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Another Moto Grand Prix without Marco Simoncelli.....
                            Today his close friend Valentino Rossi (Ducati), finished 2nd. at LeMans, France.
                            Race Your Life!!!!

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

Road to London for SIC On June 8th.

'Road To London for Sic' is a journey dedicated to the late Marco Simoncelli and organised by members of the Vespa Club di Morciano di Romagna.

The journey will take place from Romagna to England with 14 vintage Vespas, carrying a replica helmet donated by Paolo Simoncelli (Marco's father) to the Riders For Health auction at next weekend's British MotoGP.

The replica has been signed by Drudi Performance designer Davide Degli Innocenti and will be handed over to Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta upon arrival. Part of the money raised will be used to aid the disadvantaged via the Marco Simoncelli Foundation's various projects.

In addition to the helmet, a portrait of 'Sic' and a sweatshirt designed by Simoncelli family friend Aldo Drudi will also be auctioned off.

The adventure will last a week, taking the historic Vespas 1958km over six different stages, spreading the message of the Foundation established in honour and in memory of the late Marco.

"MotoGP without Sic is like coming to Romagna and not eating a piadina!” said a member of the Vespa Club di Morciano di Romagna “We shall honour in a simple fashion the name of one of the most genuine Romagna representatives of all time.

“We don't know what the journey will be like yet, but I am sure that we will scream 'THIS IS AMAZING!” once we arrive at our destination. We are honoured and proud to be organising this initiative and spreading the word about the foundation and its charity efforts to an international audience in Marco's name.”

The 'Road To London for Sic' will start from Vespa Club HQ, Bar Joe in Morciano di Romagna, on June 8th.

To follow the initiative in real time, go to: http://www.facebook.com/RoadToLondonForSic/info

Comment

Working...