Hey Kids! Turn In Your Drugs To The DEA (Paranoid Rant)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Hey Kids! Turn In Your Drugs To The DEA (Paranoid Rant)

In my ever-increasing paranoia:

I especially was taken back by this part:

" [The] DEA in conjunction with state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the United States conducted National Prescription Drug Take Back Days on Saturday, September 25, 2010 and April 25, 2011. Nearly, 4,000 state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the nation participated in these events, collecting more than 309 tons of pills."

390 TONS of pills in just one day? Okay, they don't want your drugs, they want you prescription narcotics. And going all paranoid Alex Jones-ish here does anyone else see this as a possible precursor to other "things" you might own that the government may deem to be a "public safety hazard?" Like your firearm?

And now they are bringing this "we've come for your pills" day back - only now with more rhetoric claiming that if you are in possession of say, Vicodin at a traffic stop you can be charged with trafficking so you know you will give them up voluntarily under a "no questions asked" policy.

To me, this is programming for bigger plans from our (current) government. A slow but progressive process of having you freely give up your possessions or face a severe penalty after of being informed of the consequences if you don't.
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I know what they are trying to say. "drop off your unused 'scripts so they aren't lying around for your teenager to get into" but I prefer the paranoid angle myself.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's just conditioning. What's next? Turn in your old ammunition because that might pose a threat to public health? Have kids report their parents if they criticize the government? Times are getting weird and one cannot help to be paranoid.

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I would much rather have folks send their vicodin to me for disposal...

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Vicodin is sooooooo 2010.

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Good! I'm ahead of the game. I'm soooo 1994!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              It's just conditioning. What's next? Turn in your old ammunition because that might pose a threat to public health? Have kids report their parents if they criticize the government? Times are getting weird and one cannot help to be paranoid.
              "Government is not eloquence or reason. It is force. It's a dangerous servant and a fearsome master." --George Washington--

I never give the government any more authority than is absolutely necessary.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Hey. Our government now kills US Citizens without a fair trial. It also killed 1.5 million people in Iraq and is still invading more countries. Then you have them telling you to spy on your neighbor at Wal-Mart. What is there to be paranoid about? The government just wants to be your mommy and daddy and when it gets angry, it kills people.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by lesfunk
                  I would much rather have folks send their vicodin to me for disposal...
                  When i was on my ACTIVE ADDICTION Vicodin was like eating tic tacs.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    "Government is not eloquence or reason. It is force. It's a dangerous servant and a fearsome master." --George Washington--
                    "Bring me one of my slave girls. I'm going to rape her anus until it bleeds."--George Washington--

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

Holy kipper koo! This is not even a remotely new concept.
                      Dangerous things are often ballyhooed for a special day free drop off. Indeed, Rite aid charges you to dispose of your excess drugs.
                      Money is often offered for guns by JS. And often, at least once a year in crime ridden areas ammunition and gun disposal for free.
                      Every year, a agency offers free toxic waste disposal.

How could you just be noticing this?
                      What do you do with your old drugs, paint, and ammo?
                      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        if you are in possession of say, Vicodin at a traffic stop you can be charged with trafficking

All of the pharmacies sell little containers to carry pills in. Some plastic, some metal, some a very cool. The problem is now you are carrying unlabeled pills in a bottle without your name on it. That is illegal. Not sure how the pharmacies get away with selling these. I mentioned to the pharmacist that it's illegal to carry pills around NOT in the original bottle and she had no idea.

I take certain medications and don't want to carry a full prescription bottle with me everywhere I go. So I keep what I need in a small container. To protect myself, I also keep a duplicate label from the original bottle in my truck at all times. Just in case I get pulled over & searched and they find these pills...they can look in my glovebox to see the original label prescribed to me.

Although an asshole cop could probably arrest me and/or confiscate my meds anyways. Luckily there are so few asshole cops, right?
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Example

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• standin
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2009

Sadist,
                            I have wondered about travel and pharms. I have to carry intramuscular needles, though I have never worried about car travels. I do wonder how that will go when going through an airport including my vials. my vials are not individually labeled. I guess sooner or later, I will find out what it is like to air travel with them.... If I don't die first. :P (joke!)
                            To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                            MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by standin
                              Sadist,
                              I have wondered about travel and pharms. I have to carry intramuscular needles, though I have never worried about car travels. I do wonder how that will go when going through an airport including my vials. my vials are not individually labeled. I guess sooner or later, I will find out what it is like to air travel with them.... If I don't die first. :P (joke!)

Perhaps theres a procedure where you can turn in what you may require on-flight ahead of time to the airplane crew to hold throughout the flight until you might need it. And then return it to you at the end of the flight. There HAS to be some way to have those things accessible on a flight. Way too many people require things like this.

Comment

Working...