X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Electronic Democracy

If you look at what the people want as a whole and how the elected representatives in Washington DC vote and behave there is a big disconnect. The more I think about it, probably the best anti-lobby solution is an electronic democracy where the people themselves vote on key issues and then the elected executive branch administers what the people decide. We trust our money to electronic networks so why not our votes? This would eliminate a ton of red tape and corruption. The congress has become a joke because it's bought off. Also it would be a good idea to have the elected executive removable with a majority people vote.

It would take a constitutional convention to do this but that is probably where we are heading if the 2012 election turns out to be a huge disappointment. The american people just aren't going to tolerate any more banking abuse, wasteful spending, or wars. They can try and cook up any scare story they want or even try to start more wars but I think most Americans are not buying it anymore. It's all about keeping the old oil/war/Wall Street system going and it's outdated and ruining the country.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I used to think it was a good idea but you would have to worry about the tyranny of the majority and also the fact that there a lot of very stupid people out there.

That said, when you see Bachman, Palin, Perry and so on...

It's odd for you to say if 2012 is disappointing because it will inevitably be for at least 47% or so of the population.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I used to think it was a good idea but you would have to worry about the tyranny of the majority and also the fact that there a lot of very stupid people out there.

That said, when you see Bachman, Palin, Perry and so on...

It's odd for you to say if 2012 is disappointing because it will inevitably be for at least 47% or so of the population.
      I hear you there. I like the checks and balances for a safety measure but we are to the point we need to get going on solving the problems. Ben Franklin once said a democracy is two wolves and a sheep trying to decide on what is for dinner. In other words he wanted a constitutional republic so everyone had protection under the constitution even if they were unpopular with the majority.

To be honest I really don't think people vote issues as much as they vote their pocket book. Everyone is out to protect their paycheck more than the overall good.

Most people don't want another term of Obama. In fact some of the Democrats want to run another candidate which I don't know why they can't. Both parties are bought and paid for by the banks so the banks want Barrack another term. The Republican race is always a bunch of people pandering to the religious, family values crowd in a totally fake manner. Ron Paul is the only one who hasn't wish washed over the years and he's been talking about going after the banks for years. I don't agree with him on everything.

The problem we have is we are giving the corporations and banks a free ride and money while we are regulating the good companies out of business. I mean we should be tossing members of Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission and various corporate and banking executives in jail but we aren't We are sending armed thugs to an amish dairy farm because they are milking their own cows. Or we are invading a farmers market or organic farm. In other words the FDA is now working for the corporations like Monsanto running their competition out of business. Basically Monsanto wants a monopoly on the food supply and the government is bending backwards to help them do exactly that. That's one example.

So we have no regulation and even government assistance to help the big corporations have a monopoly and total regulation on the little guy to where they cannot afford to stay in business. Basically the government is failing to protect us from monopolies and even helping the monopolies.

This is where the protestors should leave Wall Street and go to Washington DC. Washington has more power than Wall Street because it can regulate Wall Street. A bank is going to do whatever they can get away with and so you go after who lets them get away with it. That's the politicians and agencies.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-07-2011, 12:02 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...