• High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

New Three Stooges Movie

WHY?!

• ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Because there's money to be made no matter how bad it is.
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

because hollywood has nothin' new to produce. they could make a series of movies of the life and times of our own nitro express, limitless possibilities.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I recall reading about plans for this a couple of years ago. I predict it to be a bomb.

Why would anyone in their right minds pay to see a film where 3 guys try to imitate 3 other guys who were larger than life?

Fucking moron is going to try to BE "Curly". He will not be able to succeed no matter how good he is, BECAUSE HE IS NOT CURLY!

It would be the same as someone pretending to be Jimi Hendrix in a movie. Or John Belushi. EPIC FAIL.

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

I can see the appeal............

Yet the STOOGES are on ALL the time........and their stuff is timeless...especialy the early stuff............

MOE to Curly: "Mingle...or I'll MANGLE!"

CLASSIC ICONIC STUFF

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

"Hey! What's the big idea??!?!?!?!?

*BAM!* Hit's Curly in the head with a hammer.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

No, it's ghey.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's the promo pic of the New Stooges......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• High Life Man
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

Fucking moron is going to try to BE "Curly". He will not be able to succeed no matter how good he is, BECAUSE HE IS NOT CURLY!

Or John Belushi. EPIC FAIL.
                  Odd you should say that. Michael Chiklis has played both - Belushi in 'Wired' and Curly in that made for tv movie about the Stooges.

Comment

• High Life Man
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

They are also putting Chaplin films through the 3D wringer. Ridiculous.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

You have got to be kidding.....that is idiotic....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hope they lose a lot of money.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Geez talk about the creative well going dry... they should leave the classics alone.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I have to marvel at the stupidity of these production companies.

"HEY BOSS! I got a great idea! Let's do a movie about the 3 Stooges in modern times! It will be a smash!"

"Sounds like a great idea. What kind of numbers are we talking about?"

"Oh, we can get it done for under 20 million"

"Ok. Do it."

1. The head honcho can use it as a tax write off if it bombs. In fact, that might be the sole purpose of making the fucking thing. A tax dodge in the guise of a movie.

2. The director or executive producer, or whoever the idiot was that came up with the idea figures if the bossman will go along with the idea, he can draw a fat salary, regardless of whether or not it succeeds. And he can hire a bunch of cronies to work on the film at a good salary. Who cares if it bombs.....they will get theirs no matter what.

3. The actors care about it bombing because it may hurt their careers. But, being otherwise unemployed, they will try for the part anyway. If it is a hit, they can ask for even more cash next time around. If it bombs, they made their money, and they can try to regain momentum in their next picture. At the very least they will have a job for a little while.

Hollywood is sorta like the US Treasury. If the US is going broke, the Treasury can always print up more dollars for just the cost of some paper, ink, labor, and electricity bills.

The studios can make a movie, can even insure it will succeed....it may suck but if they throw enough dollars at it, they can likely break even at the very least. They can make something out of nothing, just like the Treasury Department.

The audience be damned.

It is really fucking stupid.Then you have really original or kickass films that have to fight to get the green light.....it is a miracle if some of them get made, and even more of a miracle if they can get made without any fucking studio interference....

Some films it is so obvious it is going to bomb. I knew that John Revolting film "Battlefield Earth" was going to suck, even though the book itself was a decent sci-fi novel.

You can usually recognize when some studio is full of people with no common sense.

Comment

Working...