PDA

View Full Version : Paterno Out At Penn State

Pages : [1] 2

POJO_Risin
11-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Okay...so...Tressel gets shitcanned because he didn't tell the NCAA about tattoos, then lying and saying he didn't know a thing about it...

So...do I even want to open the can of worms at Penn State?

Yes, Paterno told his athletic director about misdeeds by Sandusky after he was a coach in 2002. No, the person that told him (a former player) wasn't specific, but according to Paterno, was extremely distraught...

So, when nothing happened, do you just get to wash your hands and say, "I told my athletic directo, so I did what I was supposed to."

Really...

I know...I know...it's Joe Paterno...he's perfect in every way...

What a fucking joke...

How, morally, you would go right to the fucking police...

If true...Sandusky should be strung up and stoned...

TFM_Dale
11-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree, Sweater-vest is a shady douchebag no doubt but this shit at Penn State is far beyond anything the Suckeyes, Michigan, Hell, even Miami back when they had a payroll matching the Dolphins, got penalized for. What is a good enough punishment for this? Everybody from the top down should be fired and prosecuted and then what? Sanctions? Death penalty for football at Penn State? What do you even use for a reference on this? Sandusky should be hung by his fucking nuts for this.

POJO_Risin
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree, Sweater-vest is a shady douchebag no doubt but this shit at Penn State is far beyond anything the Suckeyes, Michigan, Hell, even Miami back when they had a payroll matching the Dolphins, got penalized for. What is a good enough punishment for this? Everybody from the top down should be fired and prosecuted and then what? Sanctions? Death penalty for football at Penn State? What do you even use for a reference on this? Sandusky should be hung by his fucking nuts for this.

I don't know...I just don't know...this goes so fucking far beyond the NCAA at this point.

In all seriousness here, Paterno only telling the AD about his pal Sandusky is utterly unforgivable. If any human being comes to me and says, "Yo coach, I saw Jerry in the bathroom screwing around sexually with little Bob, and it didn't look consensual (hell, if it did I'd)," I'd fucking report it to the police...no questions asked. It's not like some bum came up to fucking Paterno with false allegations...someone respected in the organization came up...someone who clearly has Paterno's respect...

and even though Sandusky wasn't technically a part of the program (bullshit), as a fucking human being...as a fucking human being in charge of young men that respect you...hell...fucking worship you...you owe it to them all to do a little more than "tell the athletic director."

The fact that Paterno was just allowed to walk away from this (yeah...that's a surprise...he could have brought a 12-gauge into the grand jury room and blown them all away, and still not been charged with anything) is a fucking joke...

But what the fuck do I know...maybe there's more to the story...

but either way...

Sandusky needs to find a nice high tree...with a nice short rope...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2011, 11:27 PM
As a PA native and as a father of two boys, disgusting doesn't begin to describe my thoughts....

I would be shocked to see anything OTHER than a total house-cleaning, from the president Spanier all the way down....

And yes, that includes JoePa..... Maybe he'll quote/unquote resign and not get fired, but this is only getting worse...

National media is now camped out at Happy Valley....

JoePa is having a press conference tomorrow, and they're trying to tell the press he's only answering questions about fucking Nebraska....

That should be some entertaining TV....

POJO_Risin
11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
As a PA native and as a father of two boys, disgusting doesn't begin to describe my thoughts....

I would be shocked to see anything OTHER than a total house-cleaning, from the president Spanier all the way down....

And yes, that includes JoePa..... Maybe he'll quote/unquote resign and not get fired, but this is only getting worse...

National media is now camped out at Happy Valley....

JoePa is having a press conference tomorrow, and they're trying to tell the press he's only answering questions about fucking Nebraska....

That should be some entertaining TV....

The scary thing about Paterno...is if he gets pissed off...things could get interesting...

Man...who in the fuck would want to take over Penn State if they clean house...because of a sexual assault case...

Shit...

following Paterno AND playing with boys?

Holy hell...they'll have to hire Gerry Faust...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2011, 11:36 PM
That's the funny thing....

Mike McQueary, the big dorky redheaded WR's coach who was the Grad Assistant that caught Sandusky in the act, is the recruiting coordinator and is on a recruiting trip right now !!!

POJO_Risin
11-08-2011, 12:09 AM
I wonder what his recruiting pitch is going to be...

"hey...ah...at least we got rid of Sandusky...huh...am I right..."

Ouch...

chefcraig
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Christ, what a mess. ESPN just devoted about 15 or more minutes of airtime during the noon Sports Center to the significance of Penn State cancelling Paterno's weekly press conference. This included the sometimes questionable Matt Millen becoming overcome with emotion and breaking down on the set.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
The longtime Nittany Lions head coach will leave the coaching ranks within days or weeks, according to a New York Times report, as a sex-abuse scandal that has implicated university officials rocks not only the entire campus but the entire college football world and society as a whole.

FORD
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Sucks for him, but he shouldn't have let Pedobear work for him all those years.

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/11006/11270859.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
11-08-2011, 02:27 PM

ooooooh :019:

FORD
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Apparently this is an actual book cover. Probably not the best choice of titles, all things considered.......

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss121/hkristofer/touched-jerry-sandusky-story-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
no shit :biggrin:

POJO_Risin
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Christ, what a mess. ESPN just devoted about 15 or more minutes of airtime during the noon Sports Center to the significance of Penn State cancelling Paterno's weekly press conference. This included the sometimes questionable Matt Millen becoming overcome with emotion and breaking down on the set.

Well...I hate Millen...but I fucking get it...

Joe Paterno IS Penn State football...

While many colleges say that football will cunt-inue no matter what...Penn State is a little different...

Paterno has been there since what...1950...and head coach since '66?

No way fucking Urban Meyer wants to fucking take over a program after Sandusky hummered half the needy kids in Happy Valley...and to follow Paterno?

Jesus Christ...

no way...

Ohio State will look like fucking nirvana in comparison...

but fuck...not time to worry about a coach...

...these fucking kids...

Little Texan
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM

You mean Ped State?

FORD
11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307810_289078824447493_100000361325537_995590_1765 813394_n.jpg

High Life Man
11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Why weeks or months?

He should be done NOW.

Blaze
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
You mean Ped State?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6235/6327232757_ed925f8f00_o.jpg

POJO_Risin
11-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Wow...good to see the Penn State Board of Idiots really make a statement.

Folks, they are going to order an inquiry!

WAY TO GET ON THAT PENN STATE!

Might as well not do the right thing yet!

I love how the Penn State faithful are surrounding JoePa with support...that's how fucking skewed things are in college athletics...that people would cheer someone for making a mistake that ultimately may have cost several boys to get assaulted...

Seriously...for someone to clearly let their friendship impede their morals...they should be there to lynch him...not support him...

POJO_Risin
11-09-2011, 06:32 AM
What I want to know is how the fuck nothing was said or done to the university after 2008 when the grand jury started. Here, Sandusky was STILL showing up at the university...as recently as last week...

Good thorough investigation there...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Well...I hate Millen...but I fucking get it...

Joe Paterno IS Penn State football...

While many colleges say that football will cunt-inue no matter what...Penn State is a little different...

Paterno has been there since what...1950...and head coach since '66?

No way fucking Urban Meyer wants to fucking take over a program after Sandusky hummered half the needy kids in Happy Valley...and to follow Paterno?

Jesus Christ...

no way...

Ohio State will look like fucking nirvana in comparison...

but fuck...not time to worry about a coach...

...these fucking kids...

You know this as well as I do Poj, not just within the context of football, but as well as with colleges in general, there was always something different about Penn State....

With the exceptions of a couple drunken football players in the dorms, you simply didn't see the shitstain that goes on at major college athletics at Penn State....

You can give multiple examples of things that happen, whether it deals with recruiting or whatever, and I always said to myself, "that shit doesn't happen at Penn State"....

Just goes to show how shocked I am with all this....

But in terms of Meyer, I think that if JoePa steps down/is fired, it'll be an assistant so it's there's simply SOME sort of transition within the football program....

And yeah, the OSU scandal looks like a kid taking a gumball from the store in comparison.....

TFM_Dale
11-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Paterno gets to finish the season then retire, what a load of shit. These kids are scarred for life and now they get to hear about Paterno all season long and to be followed by some grand retirement ceremony, fuck off Paterno, ignorance is no excuse and sports are NOT bigger then everything else. I hope the NCAA (and yes, they are fucking douchebags to) nail Penn State to the fucking wall for this.

chefcraig
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
What concerns me the most about all of this is that no one, no one has thought to mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room here: Sandusky didn't just wake up late in life sometime in the late 1990s and decide "Yup, I'm gonna start molesting little kids." And he certainly didn't decide to stop sometime in the early 2000s, either.

Human nature doesn't exist in a vacuum, so he had to have been doing this for years before getting caught. How many more victims are out there? Wherever this creep went in life he had the warped need, if not the opportunity to attend to his desires. Somebody, somewhere along the line had to have seen or suspected something. Furthermore, if this has been taking place for a length of time, we are talking about an institutionalized form of cover up, and not just at Penn State.

fryingdutchman
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Fuck Joe Paterno and fuck Penn State. Those pom-pom waving, rah-rah, holier-than-thou assholes finally got what's coming to them.

The culture of that university finally bit them in the ass. Working all of the angles from the top down, with the "old boys network" handling everything and covering it all up.

Joe Paterno might have been a great coach, but he SUCKED as a human being. When you are such a legend at an institution that you get a statue outside of a 100,000 seat stadium BEFORE you're dead, then you have a HUGE responsibility to do what's right. In this case, "JoePa" should have been burning rubber to the police station, with his coaching staff and university administration in the car with him.

But Joe did the bare minimum to cover his own ass and ensure that when all of this shit came raining down, he had the biggest umbrella.

Paterno was the face of Penn State through DECADES of success. Now, he is the face of their failure...even more so than the pedo Sandusky, because he was a nobody until this news broke.

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger thread. Can we get a re-title like "Child sex scandal rocks Penn State University" and get it some more attention. This is big sports news...especially in my neck of the woods.

chefcraig
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM
OK, now this is just plain odd...:bolt:

Questions on Sandusky Are Wrapped in a 2005 Mystery

By KEN BELSON NYTIMES (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html)

One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy.

The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar’s daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate.

Yet as the Sandusky investigation moves forward, questions will be asked anew about why Gricar did not pursue charges against him 13 years ago. A small but strident minority believes Gricar did not want to tackle a case that involved a hometown icon. Others who knew and worked with Gricar say he was a meticulous, independent and tough-minded prosecutor who was unbowed by Penn State, its football program and political pressure in general.

“No one got a bye with Ray,” said Anthony De Boef, who worked as an assistant district attorney under Gricar for five years. “He didn’t care who you were; he had a job to do.”

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother. But Gricar had a reputation for thoroughness, and if he thought he had enough to charge Sandusky, he would have, De Boef and other lawyers said.

Still, the circumstances surrounding Gricar’s disappearance prompt many questions.

On April 15, 2005, Gricar, then 59, took the day off. At about 11:30 a.m., he called his girlfriend, Patricia Fornicola, to say he was taking a drive on Route 192. About 12 hours later, she reported him missing.

The next day, Gricar’s Mini Cooper was found in a parking lot in Lewisburg, about 50 miles from his home in Bellefonte. Gricar’s cellphone was in the car, but not his laptop, wallet or keys, which were never recovered. Months later, the laptop was found in the Susquehanna River without its hard drive, which was discovered later. It was too damaged to yield any information. On the fourth anniversary of his disappearance, investigators revealed that a search of his home computer yielded a history of Internet searches for phrases like “how to wreck a hard drive,” according to a report at the time in The Centre Daily Times.

When Gricar disappeared helicopters, dive teams and patrol cars were deployed, and the F.B.I. was brought in. Reports of Gricar turning up in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Maryland and other states proved to be dead ends.

So what happened? Friends and colleagues say Gricar was not the type to walk away. His bank accounts were not touched after he disappeared, he had no other sources of income and he had no major debts, said Robert Buehner Jr., a friend and the district attorney in Montour County. Though divorced twice, he seemed happy with his girlfriend and close with his daughter. Gricar had already announced that he was retiring at the end of his term.

“He was absolutely looking forward to his future,” Buehner said.

If Gricar committed suicide, Buehner added, he would have wanted the body to be found. Foul play is the next possible conclusion. By the nature of their jobs prosecuting criminals, district attorneys end up having many enemies. But no credible suspects have emerged.

“I don’t think you’ll find too many district attorneys who disappear,” said Ken Mains, a detective who works on cold cases in Lycoming County. “D. B. Cooper, Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, until a body is found, there are going to be conspiracy theories.”

Kristy
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't believe that Sandusky has the wherewithal to make somebody up and disappear. This whole story reeks of creepiness from no-neck Paterno on down. Now I don't know much about college football other than the University of Colorado's program sucks but it's so difficult to understand how Penn State's college football program can literally wield power to the point where it is above the law. Just how many in that program had to have known Sandusky was a fucking creep who most likely not only had a penchant for touching and molesting little boys but that he must had have photos, stories and other connections to keep his twisted perversion satiated? Maybe Gricar was in on it, too and that this is part of a larger sex ring that anyone can imagine. I mean, how else could it have had gone on like this for so long with so many people knowing and nobody contacting the authorities?

What gets me is the hard drive missing and then found years later in a river all of places as if somebody wanted it to be found. I can only speculate the Gricar had the names and addresses of others who were into the same sick game Sandusky was during the coarse of his investigation and that their careers were much higher up on the social order. It reads oh so Hollywood. Gricar could have been blackmailing people or he was ready to issue some arrest warrants to some very important people...who knows? Either way, it's really creepy.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
JoePa and Pres. Spanier just got fired, effective immediately....

FORD
11-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Is Sandusky a friend of the BCE? This whole "disappearing district attorney" subplot sounds like one of their moves.

Don't laugh at this just yet..... I heard Tom Ridge is in the running to be the new Big Cheese at Pedo State, and we all know who he used to work for.

DlocRoth
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM

No shit?

Kristy
11-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Sandusky is a blatant sociopath if anything. It wasn't just boys he was (allegedly) touching but poor boys who came from broken homes and most likely had emotional problems so who would believe them if they told anyone? Seems Sandusky was the proverbial wolf guarding (i.e., running) the perfect hen house. And with all sociopaths, they will do or say anything to keep their ways functioning

FORD
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Sandusky is a blatant sociopath if anything. It wasn't just boys he was (allegedly) touching but poor boys who came from broken homes and most likely had emotional problems so who would believe them if they told anyone? Seems Sandusky was the proverbial wolf guarding (i.e., running) the perfect hen house. And with all sociopaths, they will do or say anything to keep their ways functioning

Standard pedobear operating procedure there. They target the emotionally needy kids, gain their trust, and then rape them. Sick fucks.

Hope somebody's rolling a video camera when that old bastard is turned loose in general population of the prison.

Little Texan
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM

It's about time that old fossil got the boot. He's only 84 years old and been coaching at Ped State for 45 fucking years. Time for some new blood.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Pedo State

Not cool bro, that one hurts....

redblkwht
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Im just amazed, the whole media is calling for his job & his ego wanted to
finish off the year..sorry Joe, this is bigger than YOU

POJO_Risin
11-09-2011, 11:23 PM
You know...not crazy about the whole "pedo state" bullshit. VA will tell you all how little I care for Penn State, but to even crack a joke...when god knows how many kids had their lives ruined by an ex-employee of that school just doesn't seem right to me.

Penn State absolutely needs to be held accountable...but I just can't go beyond that at this point...

In all honesty, my hope is that Penn State rights the ship as fast as possible...and takes care of those that need taking care of...the good and the bad...

A friend of mine asked me what's next in college athletics...and to be honest...I don't know...

This is so beyond anything...

Penn State's football program may just have been dealt the worst kind of death penalty...

Seriously...who the fuck would want to touch that head coaching job after Joe Paterno, and a sexual abuse scandal...not that football is important at this point...but damn...

POJO_Risin
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
I just don't see an assistant taking over...

Penn State has to wipe the slate completely clean...brand new regime...

...they need to go after the top head football coach at a mid-major...or a lower division...

and someone that is as clean as a whistle...

Wow...I can't even fucking express the utter fucking shock of all this...

Joe Paterno out at Penn State...fired...for covering up a coach that was raping ten year old kids...

Honest to christ...shocking...

Guaranteed...Joe Paterno will die within a year...no way that guy knows what to do with himself without football...

wow...

POJO_Risin
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
What concerns me the most about all of this is that no one, no one has thought to mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room here: Sandusky didn't just wake up late in life sometime in the late 1990s and decide "Yup, I'm gonna start molesting little kids." And he certainly didn't decide to stop sometime in the early 2000s, either.

Human nature doesn't exist in a vacuum, so he had to have been doing this for years before getting caught. How many more victims are out there? Wherever this creep went in life he had the warped need, if not the opportunity to attend to his desires. Somebody, somewhere along the line had to have seen or suspected something. Furthermore, if this has been taking place for a length of time, we are talking about an institutionalized form of cover up, and not just at Pen State.

Well said...

Little Texan
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/pedostate.jpg

Blaze
11-09-2011, 11:52 PM
It is what it is. The pedo jokes were never funny to anyone that addressed such monsters. Pedobear only gave some a ill feeling toward Teddy Bears.
What happen happened. I find it odd that a whole school did not know. I imagine that once the surface is scratched there will be others. There is never only one.
The jokes as you call them, were never jokes; they were warnings; they were coping devices. But many of them that you would label pedo jokes were hurtful.
Some people never recover fully from things like this. Just recently a young man carried out an assignation of a priest in a retirement home. The priest was near dead any way and the young man ... He said he thought he would feel more revenge when he pulled the trigger. :(

Blaze
11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Sacrificing teddy bears is a good exchange for having the warning and branding device clearly about.

High Life Man
11-10-2011, 12:06 AM
He'll be dead in 6 months. What's he got to live for?

Nitro Express
11-10-2011, 02:32 AM
The indians around here used to stake people over anthills using wet rawhide. Then they would pour honey over them. They would slowly be eaten by the ants as the raw hide would dry and tighten. Shooting a pedofile is too good for them. Let the ants do the dirty work.

Blaze
11-10-2011, 04:06 AM
The indians around here used to stake people over anthills using wet rawhide. Then they would pour honey over them. They would slowly be eaten by the ants as the raw hide would dry and tighten. Shooting a pedofile is too good for them. Let the ants do the dirty work.

You have absolutely no documentation of that.

fryingdutchman
11-10-2011, 06:07 AM
My prediction is that Sandusky wil find a way to off himself so he doesn't have to answer for any of this. He strikes me as that kind of coward.

He'll be found hanging in a jail cell, or with his brains blown out in the middle of a field somewhere.

The same might even apply for the now former members of the administration.

Matt White
11-10-2011, 08:21 AM
A sad day............

somebody on ESPN got it right..."If you're a fan of College Football you'll always remember where you were when you heard the news..."

That beening said....it's just the start....a sick situation & EVERYBODY that was a part of this coverup needs to be held accountable.....

I've actualy gained back a bit of respect for Matt Millan....he got it right....as did Mike Golic....how does ANYBODY witness ANYBODY being raped and walk away?!?

And...I called it last night....soon as the news hit I looked at my Bro who was over and said..."They're gonna riot at Penn State tonight."

So fucking sad...............

Va Beach VH Fan
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM

Pretty fucked up thing to say, even in these circumstances....

In reference to JoePa's replacement, Bradley was well-known to be his replacement for many years now....

But with this happening, it might be too volatile to retain one of the old regime to take over on a permanent basis....

Kristy
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM

He may be beaten to death in a prison laundry room when the guards have looked the other way a la Jeffrey Dahmer style but this guy won't put a nickel plated revolver to his temple. If his sick pride let him get away with what he was doing for so many years (and a untold number of victims) it is also the same pride that will prevent him taking his own life. Sandusky is a sociopath and with all sociopaths it is ALWAYS someone else to blame for not only their own wrecked condition but the lives they ruined as well (are ya listening, mom?).

And now that this story has broke and the behavior has gone on for so long what's the betting that Penn State will be neck deep in lawsuits? You can almost rest assured that lawyers are seeing blood in the water investigating not only Papa Joe's asset worth but those of the chancellor and various staff of the athletic department. Penn State itself should be banned from NCAA football for a minimum of two years with no recruiting utilizing that time rebuilding a new coaching staff and program. It's the only way they can save themselves.

fryingdutchman
11-10-2011, 10:55 AM

In reference to JoePa's replacement, Bradley was well-known to be his replacement for many years now....

But with this happening, it might be too volatile to retain one of the old regime to take over on a permanent basis....

They're throwing Urban Meyer's name around with increasing frequency.

His daughter is a PSU student....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
He may be beaten to death in a prison laundry room when the guards have looked the other way a la Jeffrey Dahmer style but this guy won't put a nickel plated revolver to his temple. If his sick pride let him get away with what he was doing for so many years (and a untold number of victims) it is also the same pride that will prevent him taking his own life. Sandusky is a sociopath and with all sociopaths it is ALWAYS someone else to blame for not only their own wrecked condition but the lives they ruined as well (are ya listening, mom?).

Pretty sure HLM was referring to Paterno, not Sandusky.....

Blaze
11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
I am shocked. That is a repugnant school culture that would riot for a football game instead of rioting to lynch the perpetrators.
How could a University develop a culture that cared more for football than for humans. It is truly shameful.
That whole place needs to be investigated.
I wonder if it will have the same far reaching tentacles like the Catholic Priest Pedophilia scandal.

jhale667
11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Pretty F*ed up situation all around. I actually saw one of my friends (since my 20s) defending Paterno on Facebook before I left for work this morning ("it's a shame a guy like Paterno will have his record blemished by something like this" - like it should be overlooked in the 'big picture' or some shit??), had to set him straight - you don't turn a blind eye to rape, especially kid-diddling. It's inexcusable, end of debate. Last time I checked several of our mutual friends had posted in agreement with me.

kwame k
11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Just looked at the timeline for this fucking fiasco.......

1994 — Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 — Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 — Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 — Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 — Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 — Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

June 1999 — Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

Dec. 28, 1999 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 — Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 — A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno's home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) — The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky's locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.
2005-2006 — Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 — During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 — Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 — An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 — Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 — Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/key-dates-penn-state-sex-abuse-case-164806416.html)

Paterno's apathy is beyond forgivable but look at how many other people turned a blind eye or just reported it to the nearest supervisor......fucking disgusting!

Who here wouldn't of beat the living fucking shit out of Sandusky if you happened into one of his shower time romps.....tell your supervisor, take away his keys! I honestly think I'd of killed him!

BITEYOASS
11-10-2011, 12:31 PM
For sure, Penn State is going to have a long losing streak starting Saturday. Plus there will be a lot High School athletes that will avoid the program like the plague due to either their own decisions or one demanded by their parents.

Nitro Express
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I am shocked. That is a repugnant school culture that would riot for a football game instead of rioting to lynch the perpetrators.
How could a University develop a culture that cared more for football than for humans. It is truly shameful.
That whole place needs to be investigated.
I wonder if it will have the same far reaching tentacles like the Catholic Priest Pedophilia scandal.

I often wonder why we put university culture on the pedestal we do. When my brother was attending Stanford one of the students in one of his classes jumped to his death off the golden gate bridge and the professor said he wasn't a good student anyways. Some of the most hateful people I have ever met in my life have worked in universities. Some very good people there but some frankly scary people there as well.

The way a lot of the students behave is pathetic as well.

Nitro Express
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
You have absolutely no documentation of that.

Torture
To inflict or subject to intense physical pain. Torturing their captive enemies seems to have been common practice among the early Indians. Indians only tortured prisoners when they had plenty of leisure time and were in the best of humor. It has been shown by historians that Indians never resorted to torture when they were angry. At such times they might kill their enemy, but it was only when they were in good spirits and wanted to amuse themselves that they indulged in refined elements of torture and cruelty.

Victims sought in every way to make their tormentors angry, knowing that then they would be quickly killed and put out of pain.

There was another aspect to torturing. It gave the victims a chance to show their fortitude and bravery. They would taunt their captors and appear to relish the most terrible pain to show their scorn. But at the same time the victim would sing his death chant, which was actually an appeal to his protecting god to save him, or give him more courage to stand the pain.

Thus while the Indian during his spare time would delight in thing up novel and more horrible ways to torture any prisoner who fell into his hands - to make him cry out in pain - he would also discipline himself to stand all kinds of pain so that he might never show by a groan or expression that he suffered under torture. When captured and tortured he wanted to prove a brave and honorable warrior.

Torture, then, was a kind of grim game - played by both captor and the captive. There were cases when Indians who could undergo the most terrible torture without showing their pain by word or expression, were admired by their captors that they were set free.

Women were notoriously more fiendish than men in torturing enemies. They would work themselves into fits of frenzy and would beat and stone prisoners to death. Old frontiersmen, finding the body of a victim with the head smashed by stones, would know this had been the work of women.

Fire was often used in various ways. Among Plains Indians, a victim might be staked out on an ant hill, where he would live for days. Or he might be buried up to his neck in the ground. Sometimes victims were sewed up in green rawhide and left in the sun. The rawhide would gradually shrink and crush them to death.

Running the gantlet was a favorite method of torture with the Iroquois and allied tribes. The prisoner would be made to run between two lines of people armed with clubs, tomahawks, and other weapons. He would be spared if he reached the chief's house or some other place pointed out to him beforehand. Among the Creek any prisoner who broke away and hid in a chief's house was safe.

In early history some Indian tribes ate some of the flesh of their victims in order to acquire their virtues. Such an act was not one of true cannibalism.

They had a good time. Like when the Shoshone indians cut the lower legs off a little girl and made her run around on the stumps of her legs and laughed. When reports got to Fort Walla Walla the calvary were looking for the culprets. Some gruesome shit took place along the Oregon and Bozemon trails.

chefcraig
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
What is also interesting (given the timeline that kwame quoted) is that at one time, Sandusky was the heir apparent to the Paterno throne, but all of a sudden the creep just ups and retires. Any guesses as to how and why that happened to come about?

Blaze
11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
They had a good time. Like when the Shoshone indians cut the lower legs off a little girl and made her run around on the stumps of her legs and laughed. When reports got to Fort Walla Walla the calvary were looking for the culprets. Some gruesome shit took place along the Oregon and Bozemon trails.
I saw why you choose not to source your work. I recognize your motive.
Nevertheless, here is a useful tool when conducting research:
http://www.csuchico.edu/lins/handouts/eval_websites.pdf

The CRAAP Test is a list of questions to help you evaluate the information you find.
Different criteria will be more or less important depending on your situation or need.

Evaluating Information –
Key:  indicates criteria is for Web

Evaluation Criteria

Currency: The timeliness of the information.

When was the information published or posted?
Has the information been revised or updated?
Does your topic require current information, or will older sources work as well?
Are the links functional?

Relevance: The importance of the information for your needs.

Does the information relate to your topic or answer your question?
Who is the intended audience?
Is the information at an appropriate level (i.e. not too elementary or advanced for your needs)?
Have you looked at a variety of sources before determining this is one you will use?
Would you be comfortable citing this source in your research paper?

Authority: The source of the information.

Who is the author/publisher/source/sponsor?
What are the author's credentials or organizational affiliations?
Is the author qualified to write on the topic?
Is there contact information, such as a publisher or email address?
Does the URL reveal anything about the author or source?
examples: .com .edu .gov .org .net

Accuracy: The reliability, truthfulness and correctness of the content.

Where does the information come from?
Is the information supported by evidence?
Has the information been reviewed or refereed?
Can you verify any of the information in another source or from personal knowledge?
Does the language or tone seem unbiased and free of emotion?
Are there spelling, grammar or typographical errors?

Purpose: The reason the information exists.

What is the purpose of the information? Is it to inform, teach, sell, entertain or persuade?
Do the authors/sponsors make their intentions or purpose clear?
Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda?
Does the point of view appear objective and impartial?
Are there political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional or personal biases?

PETE'S BROTHER
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I would get nothin' done

FORD
11-11-2011, 04:01 AM
This shit just keeps getting worse.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-scandal-rumors-sandusky-pimping_n_1086099.html

Also heard tonight that Paterno hired some big time Washington lawyer who worked for the BCE during the Iran Contra fiasco. Now why would the ex-coach need a coverup specialist mouthpiece like that? :confused11:

POJO_Risin
11-11-2011, 06:24 AM
So Sandusky retires after the Alamo Bowl in 1999...at the age of 55...

Yeah...does seem to fit a bigger piece of the puzzle now, doesn't it...since all the allegations started in 1998.

San Antonio Police have opened an investigation...by the way...based on that bowl victory by Penn State. They believe that Sandusky may have done something during their time their in 1999...

Seriously...the guy better kill himself...because if he goes to prison...he'll get everything he deserves...and then some...

POJO_Risin
11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
This is Sandusky's autobiography...and yes...this isn't made up...it's the real deal:

http://www.huliq.com/files/imagecache/article_main/news_article/images/41ZXRXMOp7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

POJO_Risin
11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
It was written in 2002...what a sick motherfucker...

BITEYOASS
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Penn State needs to be kicked out of the BIG 10 at the very least.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
So you're gonna punish the entire PSU athletic department over the actions of one sick fuck and a handful of officials that failed to properly notify the authorities ??

That's fucking nuts....

They're cleaning house... The president and legendary football coach are already gone, soon will be the AD and VP to join them, and most likely McQueary too.... Sandusky will be going away for a long, long time....

Their recruiting will be horrible for years to come....

Their reputation may never be repaired.....

But you want to punish the volleyball team too...

Just nuts....

chefcraig
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Last I heard, McQueary was to coach from the press box. Not so, he's out because of some unspecified "threats."

PSU: McQueary Won't Coach Saturday Due to Threats

ABC/AP (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/psu-mcqueary-coach-saturday-due-threats-14930217)

Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary will miss Saturday's game against Nebraska after the school said he received "multiple threats."

McQueary testified in a grand jury investigation that eventually led to child sex-abuse charges being filed against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. The ensuing scandal brought down longtime coach Joe Paterno, who was fired by the university on Wednesday amid growing criticism that he should have done more to stop the alleged abuse.

McQueary, who testified that he saw Sandusky sodomizing a boy in the shower, encountered similar scrutiny. The university's athletic department released a one-line statement Thursday night saying it would be "in the best interest of all" if the receivers coach didn't attend the season's final home game at Beaver Stadium.

Earlier Thursday, coach Tom Bradley, named by the school to replace Paterno on an interim basis, said it was up to university administrators to decide if McQueary should coach. Bradley also said he was not part of any discussion about potentially dismissing McQueary.

According to the grand jury report, McQueary told Paterno what he saw Sandusky doing the next day, and Paterno then reported the information to athletic director Tim Curley.

McQueary was also called to a separate meeting with Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz. Schultz, in turn, notified university president Graham Spanier.

Curley and Schultz — as well as Paterno — testified they were told that Sandusky behaved inappropriately in that 2002 incident, but not to the extent of McQueary's graphic account to the grand jury.

Sandusky was arrested and charged last Saturday. His lawyer maintains his client is innocent.

Paterno has not been implicated, and prosecutors have said he is not a target of the investigation. Curley and Schultz were each charged with perjury and failing to report the 2002 incident to authorities.

Curley and Schultz, through their attorneys, have denied wrongdoing.

But Paterno, Curley, Schultz and Spanier — who was fired along with Paterno on Wednesday — have all faced mounting public criticism for failing to call police and prevent further suspected cases.

So, too, has McQueary, who has not spoken publicly. His mother, Anne, said Thursday they have been advised not to comment.

Schultz has retired, while Curley is on paid administrative leave. The school is considering the futures of Curley and McQueary.

"The university — and you'll have to ask the university — still has still has some deliberations to make in that respect," Gov. Tom Corbett, a member of the school's Board of Trustees, said after a trustees meeting earlier Thursday. "I have to see that the university addresses this in the proper way."

A Penn State graduate and State College native, McQueary also played for Paterno. He was the starting quarterback of the 1997 team that finished 9-3. McQueary joined the staff as a graduate assistant in 2000 — the season after Sandusky retired — and moved on to become receivers coach and recruiting coordinator in 2004.

McQueary relays the offensive play calls from the press box on the field. Graduate assistant coach Terrell Golden is expected to assume McQueary's sideline duties against Nebraska.

Von Halen
11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
They all deserve to die.

The two most corrupt organizations on the planet are the Catholic Church, and the NCAA.

It is sad, real sad, that fucking FOOTBALL is put above and beyond the KNOWN sexual abuse, and sanity, of young boys. I would love to see the entire NCAA brought to its knees (not in the way Sandusky would like) over this. Barry Switzer said publicly that he knows a lot more people than are being implicated, knew about this situation. I believe that too. I believe this has been covered up from the NCAA down.

When a small school in Texas can afford to pay a $5 million exit fee from a Conference, before ever playing a game in said Conference, everything is out of control. Everything.

Blaze
11-11-2011, 12:31 PM
So you're gonna punish the entire PSU athletic department over the actions of one sick fuck and a handful of officials that failed to properly notify the authorities ??

That's fucking nuts....

They're cleaning house... The president and legendary football coach are already gone, soon will be the AD and VP to join them, and most likely McQueary too.... Sandusky will be going away for a long, long time....

Their recruiting will be horrible for years to come....

Their reputation may never be repaired.....

But you want to punish the volleyball team too...

Just nuts....

And the culture that created the corruption; including the culture that exhibited outraged over a football game, forgoing the crimes committed against some of the most vulnerable of society.
In short words: Yes.

I would imagine that even the degree worth from Penn are dropping.
I know I would look twice at an individual with a Penn affiliation.

Kristy
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
That's fucking nuts....Just nuts....

The Penn State football program should banned by any NCAA activities for a minimum of two years; no recruiting, no television revenue, nothing with the entire staff gutted and the program completely revamped. Fuck Papa Joey and his no-neck "legacy." The guy is an oblivious jerk. Innocent children's lives are ruined and this fuckface holds a pep rally on his front yard? That is what is nuts. Papa Joey needs his senile ass kicked. The man who knew of such a horrendous situation and yet did nothing beyond "claiming" to have reported it has to go. The man is a bag of human excrement.

http://www.holyturf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Joe-Paterno-press-conference.jpg

chefcraig
11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Barry Switzer said publicly that he knows a lot more people than are being implicated, knew about this situation. I believe that too. I believe this has been covered up from the NCAA down.

I saw that same interview, Von. I've never cared all that much for Switzer, but I appreciate him having the balls to come and out say that. Good for him, dammit.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
And the culture that created the corruption; including the culture that exhibited outraged over a football game, forgoing the crimes committed against some of the most vulnerable of society.
In short words: Yes.

I would imagine that even the degree worth from Penn are dropping.
I know I would look twice at an individual with a Penn affiliation.

It's PENN STATE... The Univ. of Pennsylvania is in Philadelphia...

But I'm sure you knew that....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
The Penn State football program should banned by any NCAA activities for a minimum of two years; no recruiting, no television revenue, nothing with the entire staff gutted and the program completely revamped. Fuck Papa Joey and his no-neck "legacy." The guy is an oblivious jerk. Innocent children's lives are ruined and this fuckface holds a pep rally on his front yard? That is what is nuts. Papa Joey needs his senile ass kicked. The man who knew of such a horrendous situation and yet did nothing beyond "claiming" to have reported it has to go. The man is a bag of human excrement.

http://www.holyturf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Joe-Paterno-press-conference.jpg

Well, the NCAA's total ignoring of the situation is certainly a valid point....

So obviously, you're pointing all of your vitriol at Paterno...

Nothing towards McQueary, nor the AD, nor the VP, nor the President ?? It's all in the Grand Jury report, they also knew about it and brushed it under the rug....

And get your facts right, he didn't hold anything on his front yard, they came to him.

I'm not absolving him of anything, but he is CERTAINLY not the only one to blame in this situation....

Not even close...

kwame k
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
"Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown."

This guy deserves his ass beat, too!

BigBadBrian
11-11-2011, 01:35 PM
The Penn State football program should banned by any NCAA activities for a minimum of two years; no recruiting, no television revenue, nothing with the entire staff gutted and the program completely revamped.[/img]

Harsh. Google "NCAA Death Penalty." It's nicknamed the "death penalty" because that's literally what it is to a school and a local economy.

You're not only affecting the Football program, but the University as a whole, the other athletic programs (men and women) at PSU, the local economy, T-shirt makers, vendors, secretaries and other workers in the athletic department, stadium groundskeepers, restaurants and hotels near the stadium etc. etc.... and even the Big 10 Conference and member schools itself. The amount of people you're affecting, and their income, would be in the thousands. Let's not do that because several people (that we know of right now) obviously fucked up on a cosmic scale. Punish them and hold them accountable, not everyone else. Yes, a complete criminal investigation should be conducted and anyone involved even in the slightest should be charged.

Blaze
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
It's PENN STATE... The Univ. of Pennsylvania is in Philadelphia...

But I'm sure you knew that....

Taint is taint. PENN (whatever) will be remembered.
And the culture that condemned, yea if not sacrificed children, for glory of game.

When in fact, it should be a place of higher learning, a sanctuary for young minds and for brilliant minds.
IMO, Universities should make their earning from the their brilliance.
A well positioned patent or a timely discovery would prove more return, not only for the University, but society as well.

chefcraig
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Harsh. Google "NCAA Death Penalty." It's nicknamed the "death penalty" because that's literally what it is to a school and a local economy.

You're not only affecting the Football program, but the University as a whole, the other athletic programs (men and women) at PSU, the local economy, T-shirt makers, vendors, secretaries and other workers in the athletic department, stadium groundskeepers, restaurants and hotels near the stadium etc. etc.... and even the Big 10 Conference and member schools itself. The amount of people you're affecting, and their income, would be in the thousands. Let's not do that because several people (that we know of right now) obviously fucked up on a cosmic scale. Punish them and hold them accountable, not everyone else. Yes, a complete criminal investigation should be conducted and anyone involved even in the slightest should be charged.

In a case such as this, wouldn't a criminal investigation that convicts say, the coaching staff, the school's administrators and possibly members of it's board of trustees have the same effect as an NCAA death penalty? From a public relations standpoint alone, what parent would want to send their kid there? What kid would want to attend or play for any of it's sports programs? What other colleges would even want to be associated with Penn State?

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Taint is taint. PENN (whatever) will be remembered.

NO IT IS NOT, YOU CLUELESS DIPSHIT....

You really think the University of Pennsylvania, a very well-renowned institution itself, wants to get mixed in with this horrible situation because of dumbasses like you ??

Blaze
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
All of these people think a foot ball game is more important than the raping of children.
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/11/45f962a684fc67ca1308f09b2c5fc964.jpg
http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4eba0882eab8ea0c58000014/penn-state-riot.jpg
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_penn_state_riot_kd_111110_wg.jpg
Do you want them in your organization?

Blaze
11-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Many students (and/or faculty) that have the money and/or ability to are transferring out of that University to one without such issues attached to it...
Universities and their degrees are based and valued on their reputation.

Blaze
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
The alumni and their reaction to this corruption will be the University's saving grace (or downfall).

Blaze
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
NO IT IS NOT, YOU CLUELESS DIPSHIT....

You really think the University of Pennsylvania, a very well-renowned institution itself, wants to get mixed in with this horrible situation because of dumbasses like you ??

Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.

I am really sorry about what happened to a school and area you care about. It was shameful! Moreover, you are as much a victim of this greed and corruption as many others are and will be. :(

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....

Blaze
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....
I am very sorry what happened to a school and area that you cared about. However...

Students Riot at Paterno's Ouster

Thousands of students at Penn State rioted Wednesday night after the university fired football coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham B. Spanier. The mob flipped over a news van, tore down two lampposts, and threw rocks and cans; police responded with riot gear and tear gas. The attack on the news van demonstrated the protesters’ belief that Paterno was the victim of a media campaign. Earlier in the day, Paterno had said he would retire at the end of the season, but the school’s trustees chose to remove him immediately.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/10/penn-state-students-riot-after-joe-paterno-s-firing.html

Mixed in the crowd were a few dissenting opinions. Dan Smith, 21, a junior studying secondary education, said he thought the board was correct.

“The hardest part, because he was a hero to me, is coming to grips with what he did, or actually what he didn’t do,” Mr. Smith said.

Like Mr. Smith, Kevin Goff, 19, a freshman studying film, did not protest Mr. Paterno’s firing. He came out just to see the show.

“My friends were like, ‘I don’t want to get Maced,’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘I don’t want to miss seeing this, so I guess that means I do kind of want to get Maced.’ ”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-students-in-clashes-after-joe-paterno-is-ousted.html?_r=1

++++++++++++++++++

SELF-AWARE

Matt Rourke / AP Photo
Penn State Alum: Why Students Rioted

The Penn State student body has been the target of national outrage after students angrily protested the firing of disgraced college football coach Joe Paterno. But Grantland staff writer and Penn State alum Michael Weinreb says rioting is an inexplicable part of the school’s culture. “Maybe it’s the omnipresence of alcohol, and maybe it’s a party culture that’s been honed over the course of several decades, and maybe just the sense that we’re young and invulnerable.” That’s no excuse, of course: Weinreb writes that it’s time to “reexamine every aspect of the culture we’ve fostered.”

Read it at Grantland
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/11/11/penn-state-alum-why-students-rioted.html

By Jonah Goldberg
11:53 a.m. EST, November 11, 2011

"Of course we're going to riot," Paul Howard, a 24 year-old aerospace engineering student at Penn State University, told The New York Times. "What do they expect when they tell us at 10 o'clock that they fired our football coach?"

The coach in question, as we all know, is Joe Paterno, the decades-long patriarch of Penn State football. Mr. Paterno was fired by the board of trustees for his part in a reprehensible non-response to the alleged rape of a 10-year-old boy in the locker room showers.

You have to wonder what's wrong with our society when someone can say, "Of course we're going to riot," but not over the cover-up of pedophiliac rape. Rather, students feel it is their obvious right, perhaps even duty, to throw violent temper tantrums when a multimillionaire football coach is fired, simply because the coach is part of their "college experience."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-goldberg-penn-state,0,4479938.story

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.

I am really sorry about what happened to a school and area you care about. It was shameful! Moreover, you are as much a victim of this greed and corruption as many others are and will be. :(

I'm not a victim of this, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about....

Blaze
11-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I am not sure what is the truth. The pictures look closer to a thousand or 2. The PSU student newspaper is reporting:
Over 300 students gathered outside Paterno's residence to cheer for him when he arrived home from practice.
Joe Paterno talks to Penn State students from his window
Aaron Dunlevy
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/asset.aspx?id=4918
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/

Blaze
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Sandusky grand jury presentment
Click here to read the Sandusky grand jury presentment. Editor's Note: this document was released on Friday Nov. 4, 2011 by the Pennsylvania Attorney General and contains graphic content.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/10/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

FORD
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Not all the Penn State students are idiotically crying over Paterno......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=35NZfcts4tA#!

...unfortunately, this guy is obviously outnumbered, despite the fact that he's speaking the truth.

Kristy
11-11-2011, 06:21 PM

You're not only affecting the Football program, but the University as a whole, the other athletic programs (men and women) at PSU, the local economy, T-shirt makers, vendors, secretaries and other workers in the athletic department, stadium groundskeepers, restaurants and hotels near the stadium etc. etc...

What do you care? They're all liberals, right?

Kristy
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
So obviously, you're pointing all of your vitriol at Paterno...

Not all of it. Maybe I have something against people with no necks.

And get your facts right, he didn't hold anything on his front yard, they came to him.

Same diffy.

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 07:10 AM
but he is CERTAINLY not the only one to blame in this situation....

Not even close...

Totally agree...

...the reality of the situation is likely that the ENTIRE staff eventually found out about this due to clubhouse politics, especially when you consider the fact that Paterno was more or less a figurehead over the past several years. While it was swept under the rug to the public, there's NO DOUBT that more on the staff (Bradley, for example) knew about it and did nothing out of fear for a football program...

...and you can even believe that the NCAA had an idea this was going down...

Over the years, Penn State was one of the...if not THE one...program they could hang their hat on, and I could imagine the NCAA finding out and doing absolutely nothing...corrupt doesn't say the word.

As to the Penn St. culture, that's interesting, and I'm on the fence about this.

SMU was put on the death penalty in 1987 because of years and years of creating a culture of cheating and lying. They were paying players via a booster, and the NCAA stated that, "they had to eliminate a program that was built on wrongdoing, deceit and rules violations."

As many have said here, this issue is so fucking beyond football. As ironic as it is, and as "clean" as this program was with regards to NCAA violations, it created the same thing that has been created at schools like Switzer's Sooners, and Pete Carroll's USC Trojans and Jim Tressell's Ohio State Buckeyes. It created this pantheon for a program that was so larger than life, that folks were allowed to get away with everything under the sun. The difference between SMU, USC, Ohio State and Oklahoma...and Penn St. is that their issues were all covering up players receiving cash in some form (which is likely done in every major program held to these standards, by the way), and involved moronic players.

At Penn St., it involved the coaching staff, and the administration, and who the fuck knows who else. Worse...is it involved minors...minors who were in a program to get help...who ultimately had their life shredded.

No, I don't believe that Penn State should be kicked out of the Big 10...but I DO think that the "death penalty" should be on the table...and not from the NCAA, but from the university themselves. When you have a culture that covers up the raping of young boys in your locker room...and when you have a university full of students that are supporting the COACH, there's something so innately wrong with that...

On top of that, you have players showing up today...100 or so...and will be on the sideline to show support to the football team...and many of these same players are giving money to fucking Sandusky because he "deserves a fair trial..."

That football program needs to be suspended, and no, not for the rest of the season...as a matter of fact, they should play out, or at least play today, because the kids their now deserve to play their last home game, and their last season if they want to.

But I'll be honest...if my son played for that team...I'm not sure he'd be dressing today...

But...after this season...that program needs to be suspended...period..end of story...for at least a year. Clearly, the last ten years have been built on wrongdoing, deceit, and rules violations...no...not NCAA rules violations...but much...much worse...

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Seriously, the Mike Mcqueary situation is exactly what I'm talking about...

I've heard fucking enough about "the whistleblower" bullshit already...and I get it...it's a Pennsylvania law...

...but if I'm president...I'm fucking firing his ass period...and not worrying about repercussions...

We don't know the full story for sure...but with the information that we have...that fucking guy should have been fired first...and it should have been extremely public...

There isn't one of us, of at least the people I know at this forum...that wouldn't have seen what the fucking guy saw in that locker room and picked up the nearest football helmet, and bludgeoned that sick fucker to death. Not one of us...

...and there should be an unspoken rule on ESPN, or any major or minor news outlet...

whenever there's a report on ANYTHING involving this case, the report should start with, "Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system." I've had enough of his name getting swept under the rug...

There is some irony there...

That guy needs a daily fucking stoning...

BigBadBrian
11-12-2011, 07:20 AM
What do you care? They're all liberals, right?

Try to think logically here. I know that's a stretch for you, but try.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-12-2011, 07:25 AM
So much for the Penn State/Urban Meyer Rumors

LINK (http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/11/urban-meyer-releases-statement-about-coaching-future/)

Former University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer released a statement this morning in response to the rumors that he may be the top candidate for the now vacant Penn State head coaching position.

“I am very happy with my role at ESPN,” Meyer said in a statement. “I have no plans to return to coaching at this time.”

Tom Bradley is currently serving as the interim head coach for Penn State after the recent firing of longtime coach Joe Paterno. Paterno, who served as the head coach at Penn State for 45 years, was forced out after he failed to report his knowledge of Jerry Sandusky’s alleged child abuse to police.

Meyer, who stepped down from his position at the Florida in 2010, will be broadcasting this Saturday’s Penn State game against Nebraska. Meyer had also been rumored as the potential future head coach of Ohio State after former head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign due to a memorabilia scandal.

In five years as the head coach of Florida Meyer posted a 65-15 record while claiming two National Championships. He has a 102-23 record as a head coach overall, and is 7-1 all-time in bowl games.

BigBadBrian
11-12-2011, 07:39 AM
But...after this season...that program needs to be suspended...period..end of story...for at least a year. Clearly, the last ten years have been built on wrongdoing, deceit, and rules violations...no...not NCAA rules violations...but much...much worse...

You said it yourself..."not NCAA rules violations." I don't think the NCAA even has a legal basis to enact the death penalty on PSU, particularly when the NCAA administration may have some members, as has been rumored, that knew what went on 12 years ago. The death penalty was setup strictly for NCAA rules violations, not criminal offenses. I think we also need to see how widespread this thing went (among current PSU athletic department, university administration, and football coaching staff) of who knew what before ANYTHING is considered. Let the criminal investigation play out.

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system.

You said it yourself..."not NCAA rules violations." I don't think the NCAA even has a legal basis to enact the death penalty on PSU, particularly when the NCAA administration may have some members, as has been rumored, that knew what went on 12 years ago. The death penalty was setup strictly for NCAA rules violations, not criminal offenses. I think we also need to see how widespread this thing went (among current PSU athletic department, university administration, and football coaching staff) of who knew what before ANYTHING is considered. Let the criminal investigation play out.

The head coach knew...the athletic director knew...the president knew...and if you've ever been in a locker room at any level...and in particular, a college locker room, there's NO DOUBT that everyone else knew. While I can't speak to the dynamics at Penn State, I think it's pretty common knowledge that that particular locker room would be more conducive to the coaching staff knowing, since his top coordinators had been running things for several years. Regardless, if you stop at Paterno and all the head administrators, that's enough...

with regards to the NCAA, I would never expect them to ever do the right thing in any situation, let alone this one...what I said was...

No, I don't believe that Penn State should be kicked out of the Big 10...but I DO think that the "death penalty" should be on the table...and not from the NCAA, but from the university themselves. When you have a culture that covers up the raping of young boys in your locker room...and when you have a university full of students that are supporting the COACH, there's something so innately wrong with that...

I think the University should suspend the program for a year at least..and the NCAA should allow the scholarship players to move to another school. I guarantee you there isn't a school in the big 10, or any other conference, that wouldn't bring those players on board, even the ones that stink, to allow them to finish their academic and athletic careers out from under the shroud of Jerry Sandusky, and the scumbags in charge of that university, and that program.

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system.

The fact that the NCAA would use "it's not an NCAA rules violation" is ridiculous in and of itself. Their "rules" are so malleable and such utter bullshit, they could likely enforce any rule they wanted. If the NCAA can prove corruption at any level, I'm sure they can enact any rule they want to with regards to a football program. I'm fairly sure that a kid gettng raped in an NCAA locker room by a former coach would give them some leverage, should they WANT to kill the program. Top that off with Penn State employees directly connected to the team covering it up...I'm also sure would fall under their jurisdiction. While I'm sure "raping young boys" isn't in the NCAA rule book, I'm 100% sure there are moral codes (which are normally ignored for normal rape and thuggery of today's normal athletes, but would be used in this case) which would pertain to this situation...

...again, they would have to want to go that direction...and it remains to be seen what will happen in the future...we aren't even around the first turn yet.

If it's found out that he didn't majestically start raping kids in 1998, and that he's been doing it for years, and years, and years, and years (since he started the program in what, 1977?)...well...

we'll have to wait and see...

Blaze
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Though, it probably won't happen, it would go a long way for the school's culture if the players stand down (sit out ? not sure of the correct word) the next game.
What I mean if the school is not canceling the game, the students should cancel the game.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd have no problem with that, as long as it's solely the football program....

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 10:26 AM
I know if I'm a sophomore high school player in PA, and a top recruit...I wouldn't even consider Penn State right now. If they shut the program down, hired a new coach (and I think if they did it right, they could commandeer a top candidate, or a respected name), gave him a year to rebuild the community, it would do a lot of cleansing, and while it would put the program behind an eight-ball for four or five years, those sophomores giving up on Penn State now, would likely reconsider as seniors...

I don't know...

Hard to think about football...

Romeo Delight
11-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Reminds me of a certain Stanley Cup loss. I really don't get the idea of "wanting to be a part of it".

Its a riot...get out of there!!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
That was no fucking riot, that's ridiculous...

Those were kids wanting to get out of their dorm room, probably a bunch of them drunk, that caused the damage...

Romeo Delight
11-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Its not ridiculous at all. Those were fans coming out of the game. I see no difference.

All I am saying is what I heard via social media at the time and the day after regarding people being there at the riot in Vancouver.

Your statement is identical to the stuff I heard and saw here. Thankfully things never got too out of control at the campus.

You should ask yourself whether or not it is ok to indirectly support what was happening by being an obstacle to security/police whose job it is to control any injury/damage.

I think its a crock to give anyone a pass who "Wants to be part of it"

Kristy
11-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Try to think logically here. I know that's a stretch for you, but try.

:gulp:

How about you try to think. Period.

Kristy
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
If it's found out that he didn't majestically start raping kids in 1998, and that he's been doing it for years, and years, and years, and years (since he started the program in what, 1977?)...well...

we'll have to wait and see...

And when this goes to the courts you know there is gong to be a circus media feeding frenzy. Sandusky's unchecked sociopathic behavior led to who knows how many boys being molested. When the lawsuits come filing in one by one (and they will) knowing that a majority of them will be brought against Penn State I don't think will be much in the way of money to keep an of their athletic programs afloat.

Nickdfresh
11-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I just read yesterday that Sandusky's house was vandalized with a brick (surely just the start many lovely little nuggets of karma to haunt that boy-rapist shitstool). But out on $100K bail, he apparently lives next to a school and playground. WTF?

Blaze
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I have seen very little support for PSU

Below is 21 comments. I did not take more than one comment from each ID. I took comments until I reached 3 comments in support of PSU and this game.

Chatters:
-
Jack • Peoria, United States • about a minute ago Report Abuse
Penn State University - Where FOOTBALL is king and children are abused!
This doesn't sound like a good logo for the college brochure.
-
Sam about a minute ago Report Abuse
Where are the honorable men. We need you right now to stand up for these kids!!! Protest the games. Research and have a good understanding of how these children have been damaged. These tapes will play over and over in their heads. They will re live this abuse over and over no matter how intensive their therapy is. Talk to other mature adults that were sexually abused as children. I was molested for 5 years 48 years ago (by someone I trusted) and can remember ALL the details like it happened yesterday. It changed my life and robbed me of the ability to be married and have a normal life.
-
Conservancy At MHR • Los Angeles, United States • about a minute ago Report Abuse
... greatest football team in gridiron history: the Penn State Pedophiles -- QED, asj.
-
Mr. X about a minute ago Report Abuse
It's Nebraska against Penn State, now know as Pedophile State.
-
Faispasl'con about a minute ago Report Abuse
I hope this organization crumbles in ruins after $millions in lawsuits from enraged parents. I'd rather see a football team and even an entire university sacrificed to make an unequivocal statement for other such organizations than having more little boys being sacrificed at the altar of a money generating sport Org.
-
Dan • Raleigh, United States • 2 minutes ago Report Abuse
...actually, if Penn State trustees can arrange for a steeple from a Catholic church to be placed on one of the university buildings, their problems will be solved.
-
Amy • Fayetteville, United States • 4 minutes ago Report Abuse
It seems nobody is thinking of those poor boys that were molested and the nightmares I am sure they live with everyday! If Paterno stood by and said nothing he might as well have been molesting the boys as well. Our children need to know there are adults that will protect them and stand up for them. These adults failed those boys!!
-
Crash • Winona, United States • 6 minutes ago Report Abuse
Listening to VCY America (Christian Broadcasting) earlier, they exclaimed that this game must be played today, it will bring a 'spiritual cleansing', a "baptism" of our souls and a renewal of our spirits.
-
Buick6 • Fairfield, United States • 12 minutes ago Report Abuse
if this horrific thing happened at the highschool level, the season is over, the staff is gone, all admin through the chain of command would be fire or put on leave, but not penn state, the game and the games go on, money, football, high salaries first, the protection of young children, and doing the right thing, its just something they talk about to justify the greed and the horrible things, that they have allowed to happen, as long as they are making money, thats all that matters, i would be ashamed of that school if i were a student
-
BaryB 13 minutes ago Report Abuse
Never mind pedophilia, WE WANT OUR FOOTBALL. No wonder the elites look at us as being uselsss eaters. Those kids who rioted should be taken out of the gene pool.

Unfortunately, this is small potatoes compared with the Franklin Coverup (franklincase.org). EVERY adult in the U.S. needs to research the Franklin Coverup, re: child sex slave rings connecting to D.C.
-
Percy 13 minutes ago Report Abuse
The football players and the students have nothing to do with this horrible situation so why is everyone going after the football program and the students having a hard time finding jobs upon graduation. The guilty parties are NOT the students nor the football players and should not be punished - however, the others "The Liars and Cowards" should be penalized to the full extent of the law. Who were they protecting - certainly NOT the children....
Edit note: Perry has a pedo type avatar
-
Choctaw Annie 27 minutes ago Report Abuse
I can't even imagine the mindset of the people who attended this Penn State football game, claiming that it was a "healing experience." Or the people wearing shirts in support of Joe Paterno, who kept silent for years after learning that his subordinate, Sandusky, had raped a 10-year old child in his football program's shower. Have they no sense of decency? Have they no sense of shame? Or is it just rah rah JoePa, go Penn State football? Break out the grill and let's have a tailgate party. Would a "moment of silence" satisfy you if it was your child who was raped by Sandusky? Or would you have boycotted Penn State football games until this investigation was completed and justice provided to the victims?
-
Fred 27 minutes ago Report Abuse
It's one thing to show a moment of silence... it would have had more impact if the players had gotten up after kneeling, and walked off the field. Moments of Silence are becoming commonplace and everyday occurrences and will be forgotten over time.
-
Craig • Phoenix, United States • 31 minutes ago Report Abuse
This idea perpetuated by college football sycophants that we somehow "need" this game to "heal" is ridiculous.
-
KatH 32 minutes ago Report Abuse
As I was born in Nebraska....GO BIG RED! And sympathy for the Penn. State players, team, and coaches....I'm watching as I type, and looks like the "Honor" of the game is holding steady from BOTH sides....as it should in this extremely tense time. The excitement and pure FUN of college football WILL survive this, and come back stronger!
-
S 33 minutes ago Report Abuse
After something like this, how does a Penn State student rationalize in their mind to keep attending this school when the cover-up was so deep?
-
Dr. Alexander Hamilton • Los Angeles, United States • 34 minutes ago Report Abuse
If I was the team, I would refuse to suit up. THAT will teach the Trustees a lesson on WHO is exactly making all the money for them. The Trustees don't care about what happened OR the kids, they are attempting to merely do damage control for all the revenue they make yearly off of TV rights and merchandising form their sports programs. That's all.

Paterno got a raw deal. He reported it as he was required to do.
-
ScallyWag 34 minutes ago Report Abuse
Give the perverts the electric chair.
-
Andy 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
Joe Paterno has sex with little boys !
-
Donald 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
Band PENN STATE from football. Children Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
-
CS 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
McQueary and Paterno were the WHISTLEBLOWERS people. Read the story. It was the university presidents who received the allegation and conspired to not go to police.

BigBadBrian
11-13-2011, 03:01 PM

Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it? :lmao:

Nitro Express
11-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I think it proves rabid Penn State fans care more about their college football than boy rape. Oh my. They riot because their enabling coach got fired. They should just rename the school a Catholic name and say business as usual.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it? :lmao:

oskaloosa will never be the same....:nono:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Penn_College

my sister went to school there:yo:

Terry
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.

jacksmar
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Kristy
11-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Shut the fuck up.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Why should he? It's an absolutely valid point. Saying "PENN" as a generality, besides being completely incorrect, is unfair to the entire institution of the University of Pennsylvania.

It's not BBB's fault that Blaze is simply ignorant of the difference....

Kristy
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.

And again you focus solely on Paterno....

Kristy
11-13-2011, 10:09 PM
He knew...and did nothing.

Blaze
11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lui6mrWANI1qfth27o1_400.jpg

Blaze
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.ch/3/35/Penn_state_pedo.png

Blaze
11-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.

Ummmm.... Be sure and say Penn State. because Noooooo one would only say Penn...
The reputation of the other college might be damaged. Lord help us, with a moment of silence, if the Pennsylvania state university's new motto went meme:
Pennsylvania - the Pedophilia's Paradise State University.

Nitro Express
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
I wonder if they served Jesus Juice in the Penn State locker room? Here. Have this wine cooler. Oh Jesus made and drank wine and it tastes just like sweet soda pop.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2011, 10:48 PM
He knew...and did nothing.

And I'm not disputing that, at all. But so were other prominent people at PSU....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Ummmm.... Be sure and say Penn State. because Noooooo one would only say Penn...

NO, they would NOT, you dumbass dingbat......

Blaze
11-13-2011, 11:05 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.ch/3/35/Penn_state_pedo.png

I did not know so many LEO's were involved.

Blaze
11-13-2011, 11:11 PM

The reputation of the other college might be damaged. Lord help us, with a moment of silence, if the Pennsylvania state university's new motto went meme:
Pennsylvania - the Pedophilia's Paradise State University.

NO, they would NOT, you dumbass dingbat......
I am not certain, of that.

High Life Man
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM

Bit really. It's kind of like the old guys in the foundry I worked in....they would retire and be dead 6 months, a year later. It's all they had. i have a feeling it's the same for the Troll.

BigBadBrian
11-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know if there is a statute of limitations on child molestation in PA?

Seshmeister
11-16-2011, 09:07 AM
The victim's 50th birthday.

http://www.pcar.org/policy/statute-of-limitations-child-abuse

FORD
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:402368" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-15-2011/jerry-sandusky-phone-interview">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

FORD
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Pedobear Sandusky really needs to find himself a new lawyer.......

Sandusky attorney says call 1-800-REALITY -- it's a gay phone sex line

POST STAFF REPORT

Last Updated: 3:21 PM, December 13, 2011

Posted: 3:19 PM, December 13, 2011

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The lawyer for Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach charged with more than 50 counts of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 15-year period, today threw out what he must've thought was a great retort.

At a hearing for Sandusky, attorney Joe Amendola said that anyone who believes an assistant coach saw Sandusky raping a boy should call 1-800-REALITY.

Deadspin.com did call the number. It's a gay phone sex service.

"Hey guys, welcome to the hottest place for triple-X action," it says, according to Deadspin. "Get ready for bulging, bursting pleasure with horny gay, bi, and bi-curious studs. Just 99 cents per minute."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0T8g7akYY

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Lots of rumors flying around that JoePa was taken off a respirator today....

He was diagnosed with lung cancer in November.....

High Life Man
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Lots of rumors flying around that JoePa was taken off a respirator today....

He was diagnosed with lung cancer in November.....

Like we talked about earlier, he was doomed after this all went down. Football was what kept him alive.

If I believed in hell, i'd say he'd be burning it in the moment he takes his last breath. But I don't, so I hope he's suffering miserably now. His actions were inexcusable.

Sensible Shoes
01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Being reported on news sources now - says family and friends have been called to his bedside.

Little Texan
01-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Guaranteed...Joe Paterno will die within a year...no way that guy knows what to do with himself without football...

Good call.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2012, 09:50 PM
And of course, people on Twitter saying he had passed away, which are untrue....

For now....

gbranton
01-21-2012, 10:02 PM
In the end I was left with no respect for the man but what's happening right now is something I wouldn't wish on almost anyone. I went through this twice last year. Once in April with my dad and again in June with my mother, they died 59 days aprt, both of lung cancer.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2012, 10:25 AM
He just passed away....

Rest in Peace, JoePa....

TFM_Dale
01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
So what will his legacy be? One of the best college coaches ever? Victim of scandal? Part of the Sandusky cover up? I know listening to that fag Millen babble on this morning made me turn the channel so I'm wondering what the typical fan thinks about this.

Matt White
01-22-2012, 11:08 AM
RIP JOE

a sad end to a GREAT career...........

too bad that this is the impression people will have of him...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
He made one egregious error in judgment, and yes, it was serious....

He told his direct supervisor, but he also didn't go to the police....

That doesn't erase 60 years to me.....

POJO_Risin
01-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I honestly don't have any thoughts on the man.

As a parent, I know that I would have been happy having my son play for Penn State up until about a month ago..

...then, had my son played for Penn State at any fucking point past 2002, I'd have hunted him down...and fucking beat him to death for putting my son in that "position" without doing a fucking thing about it. SANDUSKY WAS IN THAT LOCKER ROOM THREE MONTHS AGO according to members on the coaching staff...

...and the statement that Paterno gave a couple of weeks ago was just sickening and wrong...he didn't understand...WASN'T THAT HIS FUCKING JOB?

I do hope he rests in peace....and growing up some in PA, it's hard to believe he's gone...and sad how the past few months have gone...

but in the end...after at least 2002..a lot of this was his own doing. Had he done his due diligence and at least asked his sons what the fuck was going on, maybe none of this woulda happened...

just sad...his legacy SHOULDN'T be about just his 50 year tenure...and it should always end with a discussion of his mistakes at the end...

RIP...

POJO_Risin
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM

He told his direct supervisor, but he also go to the police....

That doesn't erase 60 years to me.....

It comes close...like I said...if my son plays for the man after 2002, and I find out that Sandusky continued to use that locker room (as he did), and continued to be around the kids (as he was), I'd feel different. It's amazing to me that there aren't more people that aren't in that situation that aren't coming out. It's likely out of fear because of the cult of personality in happy valley (which is in many...many places, including Columbus, by the way).

Great football coach...but no way you can ever talk about one now...without the other...

chi-town324
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM
children were RAPED in HIS lockeroom, and he knew about it and did really nothing...hes a fuckin scumbag as far as i am concerned. That will be his legacy.

POJO_Risin
01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
children were RAPED in HIS lockeroom, and he knew about it and did really nothing...hes a fuckin scumbag as far as i am concerned. That will be his legacy.

That will be his legacy most everywhere...except for Happy Valley...

Matt White
01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
It makes me think..."What would BO have done"?

Schembechler had his faults...."Couldn't win the big one" "No National Championships".....but his program was run with integrity...

Years after he was out...I was working for a minor League Hockey team in MI & the "Bo & Brandy" radio show was broadcast from our facility...

Somebody called in and asked bout the MICHIGAN Basketball scandals...which had taken place years ago...BO was old & near the end...and SO much milder than he was when he coached...He got FCUKING BENT & RANTED like he was getting ready for a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.....

Joe KNEW better...and should have DONE BETTER.......

it will always be part of his legacy

TFM_Dale
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe having his legacy tarnished by scandal at the end will help current and future coaches make the right decisions in the future? Maybe it will make all the money hungry sports programs at the big universities see the big picture and realize sports are just a part of their colleges and not the sole reason they are there? As long as this whole Sandusky scandal has been on the news and factoring in how much longer it will continue to be in the news everyone's eyes should now be open for signs that shit like this is happening, just hope it lingers in minds long enough to keep everyone's eyes open for it. The fact that a major sports figure like Paterno was affected by all this made it more relevant to alot of people that ignore everything but sports news and maybe in the end that isn't all bad and some good can come from this whole fucked up story. RIP Joe, God bless all the victims of this scandal, and rot in Hell while being butt fucked by satan Sandusky.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree that he should have done more.....

But my only point is that if you're going to point the finger at JoePa, then you MUST ALSO point the finger at everyone else in the administration's chain of command, such as the Athletic Director, President, EVERYONE....

All I see is people pointing ONLY to JoePa, and that's completely wrong....

Bob_R
01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Rest In Peace, Joe.

POJO_Risin
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Well...in fairness...who do you think would have generated the biggest hammer in happy valley in 2002?.....hell...in the past 60 years?...

While many...many people dropped the ball, so did JoePa...and he's been the center of the PSU universe since I was born...so of course he's going to take the brunt...fair or not...

...but seriously...in a game of molestation...is there more or less blame for anyone with knowledge?

At the top of the heap is Sandusky...who should be killed...

in the middle of the heap is everyone else, and fair or not...once JoePa found out, he moves ahead of everyone. No way he thought "going up" the chain of command was the right thing to do (he knew full fucking well the power he had)...and if he really believed that...then what I've been saying for the past ten years is true...he shouldn't have been running that program...if he truly was...

78/84 guy
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
That's a fact !! A FACT he knew about !!! And did nothing about because it might hurt HIS football program !! Fuck him. PIECE OF SHIT !! Case closed.

knuckleboner
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
the best that one can say about joe paterno is that his job in football mattered more than anything and it led him to excel. the worst one can say about joe paterno is that his job in football mattered more than anything and it led him to ignore his responsibility as a person. in the end, he won a lot of football games. i hope that was worth the cost in his humanity.

WARF
01-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Everyone at PEDO STATE involved with this cover-up should be castrated!

McQUEER should be castrated as well for not reporting anything immediately and NOT beating the shit out of that piece of shit molester on the spot for what he saw in the locker room!!

This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

Fuck them all...

=WARF=

gbranton
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
SANDUSKY WAS IN THAT LOCKER ROOM THREE MONTHS AGO according to members on the coaching staff...

...and the statement that Paterno gave a couple of weeks ago was just sickening and wrong....

(he knew full fucking well the power he had)

His explanation he gave a couple of weeks ago was a pile of shit. Paterno was Catholic, did he somehow miss the media storm over sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests? If so, HOW? And if he saw it in the news he's saying it didn't ring some sort of bell with Sandusky? If not he was too fucking stupid to be holding ANY sort of position at an institution of higher learning.

Paterno had the power to get nearly ANYTHING done on the campus at State College and it has been commented on many times that he used it. The fact that Sandusky continued to walk the halls at Penn State with this cloud above his head all this time is because Paterno allowed it. If Sandusky had given up too many first downs they would have run the man off and he wouldn't have been welcome back, which tells me they valued winning more than the welfare of children.

ELVIS
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM

He told his direct supervisor, but he also didn't go to the police....

C'mon dude, there has to be more to the story than that and he took it to his grave...

Sucks to be him I would think...

:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know if there is or not, I see no benefit in useless speculation, I'll leave that to you....

ELVIS
01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
PEDO STATE

Fuck them all...

=WARF=

Amen!

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't know if there is or not, I see no benefit in useless speculation, I'll leave that to you....

Whatever dude. This story means nothing to me, but as far as I am concerned, they are all piles of rotting shit...

chi-town324
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
well never know now it will be a mystery what he really knew or didn't know

Fairwrning
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Paterno knew, and just like everybody else he did just enough to feel like he could wash his hands of the situation...took it one step higher instead of directly to police.

Fairwrning
01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
The fucker lived a great life and died doing what he wanted...lived just long enough to feel the slight wrath of his actions..

DLR Bridge
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Joe claimed he didn't feel "adequate" for doing something about what he KNEW was going on. Pressing the buttons to 9-1-1 on the telephone requires feeling adequate? Shit, how hard would it have been to anonymously rat out the barbaric shit bag?

gbranton
01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Shit, how hard would it have been to anonymously rat out the barbaric shit bag?

Exactly. Like he didn't know anyone on the police force that he could pull off to the side at some point. What a joke, he probably knew damn near EVERYBODY on the police force.

78/84 guy
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
His explanation he gave a couple of weeks ago was a pile of shit. Paterno was Catholic, did he somehow miss the media storm over sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests? If so, HOW? And if he saw it in the news he's saying it didn't ring some sort of bell with Sandusky? If not he was too fucking stupid to be holding ANY sort of position at an institution of higher learning.

Paterno had the power to get nearly ANYTHING done on the campus at State College and it has been commented on many times that he used it. The fact that Sandusky continued to walk the halls at Penn State with this cloud above his head all this time is because Paterno allowed it. If Sandusky had given up too many first downs they would have run the man off and he wouldn't have been welcome back, which tells me they valued winning more than the welfare of children.
Couldn't be more true !! That piece of shit should have every win stripped from his record from the day he was told and did nothing about it. I hope WINNING was really more important Joey !! Makes my fucking blood boil ! Fuck him & anyone else that looked the other way !!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Westboro Baptist Church will picket at JoePa's funeral Wednesday....

Bob_R
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM

Really?

That's bullshit. It's his funeral for crying out loud. Now matter what anyone thinks of him. How about some respect for his family?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Really?

That's bullshit. It's his funeral for crying out loud. Now matter what anyone thinks of him. How about some respect for his family?

Not surprising, considering they regularly picket soldier's funerals.....

WARF
01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Uh uhu huh uh u hu hu h uh uhu hu hu huhuh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Unchainme
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I guess the phelps shitbags disguised as hunan beings are picketing this again, and calling football a "Religion" and "False idols"

Well, they are right about the "Religion" part :).

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1102

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM
r.i.p. joe pa

BITEYOASS
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Sandusky better get use to hearing this song in his head while in prison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liTgAKRAEk8

:banme:

dazzlindino
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Sandusky better get use to hearing this song in his head while in prison:

:banme:

that was pretty damn cool, thought for su' it was gonna be prison sex by tool.....

BITEYOASS
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
that was pretty damn cool, thought for su' it was gonna be prison sex by tool.....

Actually it was the song from "Pulp Fiction" that they played during the "Bring out the Gimp/Man Rape" scene. :baaa:

POJO_Risin
01-24-2012, 11:50 PM

Margie Phelps was on a local morning talk show here in Raleigh talker...er...screeching about it yesterday...and they fucking crucified her...it was hilarious...

They were egging her on, asking her what she would have done had someone in her church been caught doing what Sandusky said...she was about to say kill them...when she realized what they were doing...

POJO_Risin
01-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Sandusky will never make it to prison...he'll off himself...or just fucking die...no fucking way...

High Life Man
01-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Sandusky will never make it to prison...he'll off himself...or just fucking die...no fucking way...

I don't know. I think his mind is so twisted that he has convinced himself that he's done nothing wrong.

FORD
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM
He won't last long in prison if he does get there. Just like Jeff Dahmer and one of those priestophiles from Boston.

BITEYOASS
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope Jerry Sandusky hears this song a lot in prison:

FORD
06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Pedobear Sandusky found GUILTY on 45 out of 48 counts.

Could be sentenced to as much as 400 years. Probably will get the death penalty a lot sooner than that.

No, not from a state issued needle, but from a convict-issued brutal killing.

BITEYOASS
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Bring out the gimp!

gbranton
06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Bring out the gimp!

The gimp is asleep.

Nitro Express
06-23-2012, 03:39 AM
I think some hard hitters are going to work him over with a blow torch and a pair of pliers.

BITEYOASS
06-23-2012, 08:50 AM
The gimp is asleep.

Well wake him up! :yo:

BITEYOASS
06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
I think some hard hitters are going to work him over with a blow torch and a pair of pliers.

After the biggest dick in the prison fucks him.

Nickdfresh
06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem
6 hrs ago

After being stripped of all dignity and facing a minimum of 60 years in prison on child sex abuse convictions, it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall." Prisoners at the Centre County Correctional Facility were prohibited from direct communication with the former Penn State coach but could see him, and when the lights went down, they began serenading the convict with the classic Pink Floyd anthem through the walls. Sandusky is on suicide watch, and his lawyers have said they plan to appeal the guilty verdict.

http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing.aspx?ocid=ansnow11

sadaist
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I just heard his lawyers are going to argue to have him serve his time at Juvenile Hall.

damngoodtimes
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem
6 hrs ago

After being stripped of all dignity and facing a minimum of 60 years in prison on child sex abuse convictions, it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall." Prisoners at the Centre County Correctional Facility were prohibited from direct communication with the former Penn State coach but could see him, and when the lights went down, they began serenading the convict with the classic Pink Floyd anthem through the walls. Sandusky is on suicide watch, and his lawyers have said they plan to appeal the guilty verdict.

http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing.aspx?ocid=ansnow11

that's awesome.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/06/30/ac-sanduskycandiotti.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2012/06/30/ac-sanduskycandiotti.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

fryingdutchman
07-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Surprised this thread hasn't bumped up in recent days...

The Freeh Report is out, shows that PSU top brass, including Paterno, were complicit and part of a coverup. It could even reach as high as PA Governor Corbett, who was A.G. at the time.

Your thoughts?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
As a lifetime Penn State fan, it's a huge blow....

And even with Sandusky convicted, it's really just starting....

You should see Spanier getting indicted soon, and after the criminal trials are concluded, the civil trials will undoubtedly begin....

The implications are incredibly wide for the University, and will probably linger for at least a decade.....

Von Halen
07-13-2012, 10:37 AM
The Catholics don't have any problem forging ahead with their leaders fucking little boys in the ass, why should PSU be any different?

At least now I know why SpanishGay Guy is such a big Penn State fan...

jhale667
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
It's beyond disgusting how many people - and how far up the chain - that were willing to turn a blind eye to this over a stupid GAME. :mad:

Satan
07-13-2012, 11:53 AM
It's a little ridiculous for Paterno's family to come out now and say that he had nothing to do with the coverup. Pretty sure he was included in that series of e mails that asked the question "Hey we just walked in on Jerry fucking some kid up the ass in the shower, so what should we do about it??"

TFM_Dale
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Death penalty, only right answer in this if you ask me, for Sandusky and the Ped State Football program, Paterno can rot in Hell to for this, pretty fucked up a University that was as respected as Ped State would get involved in a cover up of this magnitude when it involves kids. Sick and wrong and everyone involved should burn for it. Fuck you Ped State.

jhale667
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
It's a little ridiculous for Paterno's family to come out now and say that he had nothing to do with the coverup. Pretty sure he was included in that series of e mails that asked the question "Hey we just walked in on Jerry fucking some kid up the ass in the shower, so what should we do about it??"

What's f*cked up is that there ever WAS a "series of emails" - anyone who witnessed that should have gone directly to the authorities, do not pass go! It's inexcusable.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
"Hey we just walked in on Jerry fucking some kid up the ass in the shower"

Just thinking about that is just sickening, let alone anatomically very, very difficult.....

jhale667
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Just thinking about that is just sickening, let alone anatomically very, very difficult.....

Does tend to make you want to :puke:

chefcraig
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Death penalty, only right answer in this if you ask me, for Sandusky and the Ped State Football program, Paterno can rot in Hell to for this, pretty fucked up a University that was as respected as Ped State would get involved in a cover up of this magnitude when it involves kids. Sick and wrong and everyone involved should burn for it. Fuck you Ped State.

I'm more than likely in the minority here, but I highly doubt pouring equal amounts of BBQ sauce and gasoline on a college football team, then firing it up with a blow torch is going to solve anything. For one thing (outside of some public revenge), what does this accomplish for the victims? For another, how can anyone here say with a straight face that the NCAA should handle things correctly, when history has proven about 40 or 50 dozen times that the dubious governing body can only be expected to the direct opposite?

Nope, if you want to set a precedent, here's what I believe should be done. First off, none of these assholes involved in the administration (president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz, athletic director Tim Curley for starters) should be allowed to draw a paycheck from Penn State or any other school again in their lifetime.

Joe Paterno's statue on the campus should be pulled down on live television, and on several networks besides ESPN.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/OxyCon/Obamastatuetoppled2.jpg

And most importantly, a civil lawsuit should be filed on behalf or by the victims to take away every conceivable penny awarded to the college and it's administrators covering the years the abuse went on. This should include (and not be limited to) every God-damned nickel the school made for tv rights to Bowl games, weekly broadcasts, radio programs, scholarships and merchandising. No, money isn't going to restore anything close to comfort, resolve or piece of mind for the abused, but it's one hell of a nice start.

And it might serve as a good wake-up call or a refreshing steel-toed work boot to the nuts of administrations that feel that something as astoundingly stupid as pride and vanity over a fucking football team takes higher precedent over the life of any human being.

TFM_Dale
07-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm more than likely in the minority here, but I highly doubt pouring equal amounts of BBQ sauce and gasoline on a college football team, then firing it up with a blow torch is going to solve anything. For one thing (outside of some public revenge), what does this accomplish for the victims? For another, how can anyone here say with a straight face that the NCAA should handle things correctly, when history has proven about 40 or 50 dozen times that the dubious governing body can only be expected to the direct opposite?

Nope, if you want to set a precedent, here's what I believe should be done. First off, none of these assholes involved in the administration (president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz, athletic director Tim Curley for starters) should be allowed to draw a paycheck from Penn State or any other school again in their lifetime.

Joe Paterno's statue on the campus should be pulled down on live television, and on several networks besides ESPN.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/OxyCon/Obamastatuetoppled2.jpg

And most importantly, a civil lawsuit should be filed on behalf or by the victims to take away every conceivable penny awarded to the college and it's administrators covering the years the abuse went on. This should include (and not be limited to) every God-damned nickel the school made for tv rights to Bowl games, weekly broadcasts, radio programs, scholarships and merchandising. No, money isn't going to restore anything close to comfort, resolve or piece of mind for the abused, but it's one hell of a good start.

And it might serve as a good wake-up call or a refreshing steel-toed work boot to the nuts to administrations that feel that something as astoundingly stupid as pride and vanity over a fucking football team takes higher precedent over the life of any human being.

That would work, throw on getting the boot out of the Big 10 and giving all current student/athletes a chance to do an immediate transfer to another school and we start getting some place.

gbranton
07-13-2012, 02:40 PM
administrations that feel that something as astoundingly stupid as pride and vanity over a fucking football team takes higher precedent over the life of any human being.

EXACTLY the reason it should be taken away for a year. Take away the thing that has the most (only?) meaning to them. Like Dale said, let the athletes transfer with no waiting period and give the folks at Penn State and hopefully (but sadly probably not) the nation a year to think about what is important. A year to think about the place sports currently occupies in our culture, versus the place it SHOULD occupy. A year to think about priorities and their order of importance. A year to rebuild the system and put safeguards in place and make sure this or nothing like it ever happens again. Finally, a year to erase all traces of Paterno, Spanier, Sandusky, Curley and Shultz from their university, instead of letting the cash grab continue uninterrupted.

As for Sandusky himself, I would like to see in him in general population getting nightly trains pulled on him until you can look up his asshole and see the sky. Then he can die at the end of a rusty shank.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
That would work, throw on getting the boot out of the Big 10 and giving all current student/athletes a chance to do an immediate transfer to another school and we start getting some place.

Which is exactly what they did when SMU got the "death penalty".....

ODShowtime
07-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Fuck you Ped State.

Go fuck yourself you fucking faggot. Why don't you mind your own business?

ODShowtime
07-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Most of you are being reasonable and that's commendable. I expected way worse when I got the nutz to open this thread finally. Just remember that the Freeh report drew a lot of conclusions from inconclusive evidence. It's not the end of the story no matter what ESPN says.

When you throw around the term death penalty like it's no big deal, remember you're just fucking over the 500,000 or so alumni and students who DID NOTHING WRONG and don't deserve to be shat on any more. You're giving a real death penalty to tons of businesses in the area. This is already the biggest shipheap of fucked up bullshit I will EVER witnessed. Why make it worse. Does it make you feel better?

I'm really not sure I want to live in this world any more. It's serious god damn business. Some cocksucker was flying a plane around state college yesterday threatening us over the statue. That's disgusting.

Hey michigan man, it could happen to you in a heartbeat. In one fucking second all your pride could be stolen from you. Laugh it up, it could happen and then you'll know how horrible it is to be a Nittany Lion right now. Asshole. I would think Big Ten fans might give us a helping hand to get through this but nope. Nothing but cold hearted hatred from you. From hell's heart I stab at thee.

ODShowtime
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
EXACTLY the reason it should be taken away for a year. Take away the thing that has the most (only?) meaning to them. A year to think about priorities and their order of importance.

Unbelievable. But YOUR team doesn't need a year off to think about priorities right? PSU fans are the crazy ones. Alabama and Auburn fans have their priorities in order! Seriously. Alabama? You morons go around killing each others living traditions for christ's sakes! How pathetic is that? Are you serious? Yeah I bet you'll be thinking about children and all of that this fall. Actually you'll be thinking about your football team while us Nittany Lions feels even more shame and sadness and emptiness that we don't deserve.

Some of you people are fucking crazy. Unbelievable. We'll all be punished so YOU feel better? FUCK YOU.

In case you didn't realize it, the child molestor is in jail for life and the other people who may have had a part in not reporting it are on trial and out of a job. No one else needs to be punished.

gbranton
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey michigan man, it could happen to you in a heartbeat. In one fucking second all your pride could be stolen from you. Laugh it up, it could happen and then you'll know how horrible it is to be a Nittany Lion right now.

Before this shit went down at your place we had a little situation at my school (The University of Florida) where a member of the radio broadcast team was found to be a sick assed pedophile. The difference is, the very fucking SECOND the university found out he was being investigated his ass was out on the street even though he had worked for them for over twenty plus years. If Penn State had gotten rid of Sandy years ago the first time he got investigated it would have went away in a month like the shit did at Florida, BUT they stood by their boy and worse yet they protected him so that he could continue to prey on children. Penn State wanted to protect the image of their football program. People from the football program were invoked in the molestation and the coverup. That is why that football program should be taken away for awhile. The point is that to well and truly punish someone you have to take away something that means something to them. OBVIOUSLY their football program and it's image is FAR more important to them than the lives of children, so I say it's time to cancel Christmas.

gbranton
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I agree that Alabama and Auburn fans are out of hand, too bad I'm a Gator fan and alum fuckstick. So that whole post is a giant fucking FAIL.

I was trying to be somewhat civil until you attacked me personally, but now you can suck my dick asshole.

Why don't you go chain yourself to the statue of that pedophile protecting piece of fucking shit Joe Paterno to keep them from tearing it down.

Romeo Delight
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
If Penn State had gotten rid of Sandy years ago the first time he got investigated it would have went away in a month like the shit did at Florida, BUT they stood by their boy and worse yet they protected him so that he could continue to prey on children. Penn State wanted to protect the image of their football program. People from the football program were invoked in the molestation and the coverup. That is why that football program should be taken away for awhile. The point is that to well and truly punish someone you have to take away something that means something to them. OBVIOUSLY their football program and it's image is FAR more important to them than the lives of children, so I say it's time to cancel Christmas.

Exactly

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Go fuck yourself you fucking faggot. Why don't you mind your own business?

Eat shit Sandusky lover, if you think what happened at Penn State is just the fault of a few then you are more fucking retarded then you are even letting on here.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Most of you are being reasonable and that's commendable. I expected way worse when I got the nutz to open this thread finally. Just remember that the Freeh report drew a lot of conclusions from inconclusive evidence. It's not the end of the story no matter what ESPN says.

When you throw around the term death penalty like it's no big deal, remember you're just fucking over the 500,000 or so alumni and students who DID NOTHING WRONG and don't deserve to be shat on any more. You're giving a real death penalty to tons of businesses in the area. This is already the biggest shipheap of fucked up bullshit I will EVER witnessed. Why make it worse. Does it make you feel better?

I'm really not sure I want to live in this world any more. It's serious god damn business. Some cocksucker was flying a plane around state college yesterday threatening us over the statue. That's disgusting.

Hey michigan man, it could happen to you in a heartbeat. In one fucking second all your pride could be stolen from you. Laugh it up, it could happen and then you'll know how horrible it is to be a Nittany Lion right now. Asshole. I would think Big Ten fans might give us a helping hand to get through this but nope. Nothing but cold hearted hatred from you. From hell's heart I stab at thee.

If Michigan had anything to do with protecting a fucking pedophile from the upper level management down then I would be first in line condemning them to. Sports is sports but a child's innocence can never be replaced. Get your priorities straight.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Actually you'll be thinking about your football team while us Nittany Lions feels even more shame and sadness and emptiness that we don't deserve.

I thanked you for this part because it is the only part that makes an ounce of sense to me. It does suck for the fans and the supporters of the team to have to deal with all this I suppose, but you know what, to fucking bad! The kids involved were the true victims, not the fucking fans or anyone else. The university you followed so religiously allowed this to happen and for that they deserve all the ridicule and more. You can find another team to root for, the victims will never forget what happened. Every Penn State fan that starts in with the "poor us" routine needs to shut the fuck up. It isn't about you, not even close.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Before this shit went down at your place we had a little situation at my school (The University of Florida) where a member of the radio broadcast team was found to be a sick assed pedophile. The difference is, the very fucking SECOND the university found out he was being investigated his ass was out on the street even though he had worked for them for over twenty plus years. If Penn State had gotten rid of Sandy years ago the first time he got investigated it would have went away in a month like the shit did at Florida, BUT they stood by their boy and worse yet they protected him so that he could continue to prey on children. Penn State wanted to protect the image of their football program. People from the football program were invoked in the molestation and the coverup. That is why that football program should be taken away for awhile. The point is that to well and truly punish someone you have to take away something that means something to them. OBVIOUSLY their football program and it's image is FAR more important to them than the lives of children, so I say it's time to cancel Christmas.

Damn straight!

Nitro Express
07-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Save the children stop watching football.

motherchicken
07-19-2012, 02:33 AM
I don't see how anyone but the other teams in the division benefit from this. I'm assuming most if not all the people involved are no longer with Penn State. The current players and staff are the ones getting the brunt of the penalty. How does this benefit the victims or their families? I guess it's easier than actually finding all the real culprits and punishing them. Some of the guilty will pay this way but the ones that already got away are not gonna suffer any consequences.

hambon4lif
07-19-2012, 02:42 AM
The part that really spooked me was that during the trial, he just had this oblivious look on his face like he felt he had done nothing wrong, like it was perfectly normal to permanently damage these kids views on sex, and life in general. It is, unquestionably, the darkest, most sinful crime you could possibly commit on the entire face of the Earth...and yet he maintained this bewildered look on his face like he didn't have the slightest clue that he had done anything wrong. He couldn't even answer Bob Costas' question without repeating it over and over. That was some scary shit.
And THAT falls on strictly on the shoulders of the people that were covering it up. Who, by their silence, allowed that kind of sick shit to continue without saying a goddamn thing. They're just as fucking evil and fucked-up in the head as he is, and when they throw him a cage, they better keep that door open, because the people that knew about it and didn't speak out should be thrown in right in there with him.

The way I see it, if he gets sentenced to triple-life, he's getting off easy. HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! I had to re-iterate that for the Penn St. alumni that have chosen to gloss over that. And if JoePa had any knowledge of it whatsoever, that statue should not only be torn down, it should be pissed on and burnt to motherfuckin' ashes. He could complain about it all he wants to......in his own cell.

McCreary had knowledge of this too. He's the one that broke this story large, and now he wants to run and hide in the shadows? Bullshit, pal! Both of you motherfuckers should be passing out toothpicks at chow-time.

HE FUCKED KIDS!!! END OF STORY!!! DIE, YOU SICK FUCK!!!

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Before this shit went down at your place we had a little situation at my school (The University of Florida) where a member of the radio broadcast team was found to be a sick assed pedophile. The difference is, the very fucking SECOND the university found out he was being investigated his ass was out on the street even though he had worked for them for over twenty plus years.

First of all, there is a huge difference between a radio broadcaster and the defensive coordinator who won two national championships. Not that he deserves anything for having that status, but he hid behind that. He left millions on the table to start a childrens charity. That's a fact. It takes a sick mind to even think that he used that to get to children, but apparently he did. It made a great cover and people bought it. People were incompetent. People were fooled but they didn't put the football program over children's safety. That's just not true regardless of what the corrupt BOT and former FBI Chief conspired to spin.

You come at me and tell me that people as UF are morally superior to people at PSU and you can suck my dick. Total nonsense. It could have happened there.

The lesson here is that it can happen ANYWHERE. Not that people from PA and PSU are evil or corrupt. Our football team put kids (the team) and their education first. That's how it was for 40 years and this scandal doesn't change that fact. Put yourself in our shoes before you judge us. I don't want to come out all fire and brimstone. People on here are smart enough to see the real picture.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I agree that Alabama and Auburn fans are out of hand, too bad I'm a Gator fan and alum fuckstick. So that whole post is a giant fucking FAIL.

I was trying to be somewhat civil until you attacked me personally, but now you can suck my dick asshole.

Why don't you go chain yourself to the statue of that pedophile protecting piece of fucking shit Joe Paterno to keep them from tearing it down.

First of all, I'm railing to the whole world, not just you. Put yourself in my shoes. I'm desperate. The whole world hates us. My post doesn't fail at all it points out the absurdity of anyone from SEC territory saying Nittany Lions care too much about football but wethey don't.

And you want to take away my team? No. FUCK YOU! MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS YOU GODDAMNED FAGGOT!

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Eat shit Sandusky lover, if you think what happened at Penn State is just the fault of a few then you are more fucking retarded then you are even letting on here.

Sandusky Lover? Really? Because I'm sticking up for my school? That's what you get out of it? That's the reply of a child. You have no logic and no common sense. I bet you didn't graduate from michigan. Those people have intellect. I hope you and your family die in a fire you fucking faggot. You're not even human. You're a sheep. I hope your city continues it's decent into the north american Mogadishu.

The funny thing is, since it's my business, I've actually tried to understand all the available facts. You're gonna tell me I'm retarded for defending me family?

This is the problem. Think about whether this is your business or not or whether you should just shut the fuck up and fuck the hell off.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:56 AM
If Michigan had anything to do with protecting a fucking pedophile from the upper level management down then I would be first in line condemning them to. Sports is sports but a child's innocence can never be replaced. Get your priorities straight.

I have no problem condemning the people responsible. Where did you do that? You condemn everyone.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 07:07 AM
I thanked you for this part because it is the only part that makes an ounce of sense to me. It does suck for the fans and the supporters of the team to have to deal with all this I suppose, but you know what, to fucking bad! The kids involved were the true victims, not the fucking fans or anyone else. The university you followed so religiously allowed this to happen and for that they deserve all the ridicule and more. You can find another team to root for, the victims will never forget what happened. Every Penn State fan that starts in with the "poor us" routine needs to shut the fuck up. It isn't about you, not even close.

It is most certainly about me mother fucker. How about I try to get a new job right now. My diploma had to come down in my office. Can you imagine?

Too bad for me? Take my team away? How about we take your team away. I have to think about never seeing my team again. Do you have any idea how that feels? I'm an innocent human being man and fucking all 500,000 of us over even more doesn't help anyone.

It does suck for the fans and the supporters of the team to have to deal with all this I suppose, but you know what, to fucking bad!

This is just an unbelievable cruel thing to say. Put yourself in our shoes and think about it. You're a human. You're a Van Halen fan. We're all the same. Do you really want to fuck us over that bad?

It makes no sense if you stop the hate and think about it.

The university you followed so religiously

Do you honestly think I cheer for my team MORE than you follow yours? We're all crazy but you're not? That's a load of bullshit concocted by the media. Utter bullshit. The only school in the US with a larger stadium than PSU is michigan.

You can find another team to root for

How the fuck do I do that? I graduated from there! So did my mother and sister! Hmm yeah I'll just become a pitt fan. I'm sure if something happened to the old blue and maize you could just pick up the green and white with no problem. Listen to what you're saying man. It's all hatred-fueled nonsense.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! I had to re-iterate that for the Penn St. alumni that have chosen to gloss over that.

Holy shit I didn't know that! Now I'm really embarrassed for my rants! Sorry I was defending my school and family. Man that was out of line.

I guess that really means that the rest of the country can shit all over us and punish all 500,000 of us for eternity. Because mob rules and collective punishment are the American Way, right?

You realize the person who committed the crime is behind bars right? I wish the evil son of a bitch would kill himself and I mean that straight up. I shouldn't even have to say that. It should be obvious.

fourthcoming
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
It's a tough spot.....total catch 22. Innocent people will lose income and jobs and scholarships because of what these animals....and that includes that slimeball Paterno did and did not do. People make their living every Saturday because of the football games and will now be completely affected. How can the NCAA NOT give Penn State football the death penalty though? It's too bad paterno wan't still alive to be incarcerated like the rest of those souless scumbags who ran Penn State should and will be.

Von Halen
07-19-2012, 08:23 AM
I bet you didn't graduate from michigan.

The most rabid WolverQueen fans never went there. In fact, if you go to the People Of Walmart website (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/) you will see Michigan fan. They are one and the same.

By the way, death is too good for Sandusky, and anyone associated with the cover up. Torture would be much more appropriate.

fourthcoming
07-19-2012, 08:28 AM
The most rabid WolverQueen fans never went there. In fact, if you go to the People Of Walmart website (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/) you will see Michigan fan. They are one and the same.

By the way, death is too good for Sandusky, and anyone associated with the cover up. Torture would be much more appropriate.

Oh, he'll be tortured where he's going. I just hope they keep him in general population in prison.

Angel
07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow, that's all I can say about this thread. FYI, the "world" is not condemning the entire fucking alumni.

I find it sickening that someone's "pride" in their alma mater seems to matter more than the abuse of children. Absolutely mind-boggling.

fourthcoming
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
And by the way.......knock that fuckin' statue of Paterno down already!!!!

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM
First of all, there is a huge difference between a radio broadcaster and the defensive coordinator who won two national championships. Not that he deserves anything for having that status, but he hid behind that. He left millions on the table to start a childrens charity. That's a fact. It takes a sick mind to even think that he used that to get to children, but apparently he did. It made a great cover and people bought it. People were incompetent. People were fooled but they didn't put the football program over children's safety. That's just not true regardless of what the corrupt BOT and former FBI Chief conspired to spin.

You come at me and tell me that people as UF are morally superior to people at PSU and you can suck my dick. Total nonsense. It could have happened there.

The lesson here is that it can happen ANYWHERE. Not that people from PA and PSU are evil or corrupt. Our football team put kids (the team) and their education first. That's how it was for 40 years and this scandal doesn't change that fact. Put yourself in our shoes before you judge us. I don't want to come out all fire and brimstone. People on here are smart enough to see the real picture.

It wasn't just the football team protecting him. Who knows how many kids lives would be different now if Penn State actually acted on the first reports of abuse. Schools receive sanctions for paying players, for trading memorabilia, for holding to many practices. PENN STATE PROTECTED A CHILD MOLESTER. What do you consider fair for that? I can't fucking believe I even have to ask that question.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
First of all, I'm railing to the whole world, not just you. Put yourself in my shoes. I'm desperate. The whole world hates us. My post doesn't fail at all it points out the absurdity of anyone from SEC territory saying Nittany Lions care too much about football but wethey don't.

And you want to take away my team? No. FUCK YOU! MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS YOU GODDAMNED FAGGOT!

So it really is about "your team" with you. Unbelievable.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Sandusky Lover? Really? Because I'm sticking up for my school? That's what you get out of it? That's the reply of a child. You have no logic and no common sense. I bet you didn't graduate from michigan. Those people have intellect. I hope you and your family die in a fire you fucking faggot. You're not even human. You're a sheep. I hope your city continues it's decent into the north american Mogadishu.

The funny thing is, since it's my business, I've actually tried to understand all the available facts. You're gonna tell me I'm retarded for defending me family?

This is the problem. Think about whether this is your business or not or whether you should just shut the fuck up and fuck the hell off.

Alot of hate spewed towards someone for condemning a school that protected a child molester for years. You want to bitch, moan, and cry about losing your team and you continue to miss the big picture. Penn State protected a child molester. They allowed him to destroy even more children's lives by not acting on the first reports of abuse. These are facts in the case. Insult me all you want, leave my family out of this. I have plenty I could say regarding you and your family considering your stance on this whole thing but I have enough decency to keep it to myself.

Von Halen
07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the whole University should be given the "death penalty". Shut it down. An institution that places more value on its football program, than its children, doesn't deserve to be in business.

chefcraig
07-19-2012, 09:51 AM
From my local newspaper, this morning.

Paterno statue, like others, symbol of idolizing false gods

George Diaz, Orlando Sentinel (http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-18/sports/os-george-diaz-paterno-statue-0719-20120718_1_statue-cam-newton-joe-paterno)/Sun Sentinel

We are engaged in an age-old classic fairy tale where the "happily ever after" part got bushwhacked by reality.

The goody-two shoes Joe Pa narrative has been trampled to extremes, reaching a crescendo of hatred in which a number of folks would happily spit on his grave. They would likely settle for the next best thing — tearing down the statue of Paterno outside Beaver Stadium at Penn State.

It has become a 7-foot high, 900-pound bronze monument to the naïveté in all of us — from folks like me who once considered Joe Paterno a shining example of the greater good in college athletics, to the fans who chanted "We Are Penn State!" blinded by unconditional loyalty.

We built a monument to a false god, and now it is time to tear it down.

The thing is, we should have never built it in the first place.

You reserve Mount Rushmore reverence for true heroes — George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Don't build statues for men who win a lot of football games, or players labeled icons shortly after getting the legal right to drink and drive.

Yet there's a statue in Alabama for Nick Saban, a guy who has become the new-age Bear Bryant. The homage should include the inscription "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," since he lied like a weasel before leaving the Miami Dolphins to take the job at Alabama.

There's a statue in Gainesville of Steve Spurrier, the iconic ball coach who quit on the Gators in January of 2002 to chase a pile of NFL money. Spurrier's likeness is flanked by Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow, one of the most polarizing athletes of our generation.

There's a statute in Auburn of Cam Newton, the guy who left the University of Florida after he was arrested for stealing a laptop computer, although charges were eventually dropped. Newton then ended up in Auburn under dubious circumstances, after his dad went to other schools trying to parlay his son's talents into a little something-something for the bank account.

While it's obvious that the SEC has set the gold standard in idolizing coaches and players to idiotic extremes, there are other examples of overzealous hero worship throughout the country.

Check out the bronze statue of former St. Louis Cardinals great Mark McGwire. Or perhaps not. It's currently hidden in storage by sculptor Harry Weber, after the Cardinals had the good sense not to make it a spectacle of shame, given McGwire's use of chemical enhancements to put a little more pop in his swing.

There's nothing wrong with celebrating Saban, Spurrier, Newton, Wuerffel and Tebow. They've done many great things for the institutions they represent. So did Paterno, giving loads of his own money to build libraries. If only he had invested just a little bit in honesty and integrity while children were getting raped, we wouldn't be having his conversation.

Parterno's' rise and fall is the quintessential example of building a narrative that is full of holes, and cluttered with hyperbole. Over 46 years as head coach at Happy Valley, Paterno cultivated a narrative that allowed him to reach rock-star status among the media and the masses.

We were all duped. We should have known better. The wrath of retribution now comes down on Paterno and his family, still in shameless denial over the sins of the father.

Of course Paterno's statute should come down. Here are a few suggestions: Stick in Jerry Sandusky's jail cell, where they can literally be pen pals for life. Or put it in the shower stalls where Sandusky preyed on innocent children. Make sure Paterno's statue is facing the walls, oblivious to the house of horrors that now stands as his lasting legacy at Penn State.

The narrative has definitely changed. This is what happens when you build monuments to false gods.

TFM_Dale
07-19-2012, 09:51 AM
It is most certainly about me mother fucker. How about I try to get a new job right now. My diploma had to come down in my office. Can you imagine?

Too bad for me? Take my team away? How about we take your team away. I have to think about never seeing my team again. Do you have any idea how that feels? I'm an innocent human being man and fucking all 500,000 of us over even more doesn't help anyone.

This is just an unbelievable cruel thing to say. Put yourself in our shoes and think about it. You're a human. You're a Van Halen fan. We're all the same. Do you really want to fuck us over that bad?

It makes no sense if you stop the hate and think about it.

Do you honestly think I cheer for my team MORE than you follow yours? We're all crazy but you're not? That's a load of bullshit concocted by the media. Utter bullshit. The only school in the US with a larger stadium than PSU is michigan.

How the fuck do I do that? I graduated from there! So did my mother and sister! Hmm yeah I'll just become a pitt fan. I'm sure if something happened to the old blue and maize you could just pick up the green and white with no problem. Listen to what you're saying man. It's all hatred-fueled nonsense.

This isn't about cheering for a team for fucks sake. YOUR SCHOOL PROTECTED A CHILD MOLESTER. I do not have any other clever way of saying that. If Michigan, the Lions, the Tigers, any team I have ever cheered for protected A CHILD MOLESTER and allowed them to harm even more children because they were unwilling to act I would not even consider how much it sucks for me because that is "my team". I would mourn for the victims, pray they can somehow move on in some way, and when the time was right I would find another team to cheer for. If that makes me a bandwagon fan then fuck it, I am. Some things in life are far more important then your fucking sports team or even the fucked up school you attended.

jhale667
07-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow, that's all I can say about this thread. FYI, the "world" is not condemning the entire fucking alumni.

I find it sickening that someone's "pride" in their alma mater seems to matter more than the abuse of children. Absolutely mind-boggling.

Totally agree here, I was reading this last night like "WTF"? I was on the fence about killing the program entirely for whatever period of time, but OD's attitude convinced me it SHOULD be.

Alot of hate spewed towards someone for condemning a school that protected a child molester for years. You want to bitch, moan, and cry about losing your team and you continue to miss the big picture. Penn State protected a child molester. They allowed him to destroy even more children's lives by not acting on the first reports of abuse. These are facts in the case. Insult me all you want, leave my family out of this. I have plenty I could say regarding you and your family considering your stance on this whole thing but I have enough decency to keep it to myself.

THIS. OD you're usually cool, but this is just nuts and completely out of line, calling someone "faggot" for thinking there should be harsher sanctions imposed against the school (?)... a child's welfare is more important than any stupid fucking GAME. The entire Penn State organization (NOT the alumni - no one bashed YOU personally) thought the game took precedence over this - for YEARS. For that - the organization SHOULD be punished, and robbed of the very thing they chose over children's safety. Otherwise, they're merely embarrassed, and that is NOT sufficient. Suspend it for a year.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Again, as a lifelong Penn State fan, I simply have to concur, the statue must come down....

The University, IMHO, has to do everything in its power to cleanse itself from his horrible situation....

Everyone in the chain of command is basically gone, meaning Paterno (dead), Curley (currently suspended), Schultz ("retired") and Spanier (stripped of presidency)....

Sandusky will be in prison for the rest of his life....

I'd be shocked if Curley, Schultz and Spanier don't do at least some jail time.....

The school should be fined substantially, in the millions, with the proceeds going to the victims......

But I just don't know penalizing the ~100 kids who happen to play football at PSU, the entire PSU student body that receives the millions of dollars that PSU football generates, not to mention the thousands of people who earn their living in the State College area and receive millions of dollars during football season, if all of THEM need to be penalized as well.

Von Halen
07-19-2012, 11:21 AM
But I just don't know penalizing the ~100 kids who happen to play football at PSU, the entire PSU student body that receives the millions of dollars that PSU football generates, not to mention the thousands of people who earn their living in the State College area and receive millions of dollars during football season, if all of THEM need to be penalized as well.

The only chance to make sure history doesn't repeat itself, at any institution, is to make it known there is zero toleration. By leaving the program intact, and the school intact, they are essentially letting other institutions know there is survivial even after the most heinous of crimes. The "millions of dollars" you speak of, are the basis of this cover up. I'm sorry, but putting Sandusky in jail for however long, isn't good enough. That place allowed and condoned dispicable crimes against kids. Kids lives were ruined for the "millions of dollars". How much money is one childs asshole worth? Shut the shithole down.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM

we have a good friend who went to penn state. his rationale is similar, let the players go where they want, but the death penalty will punish track and field, women's and men's, soccer, bowling, golf, fuckin' all of them, and those programs do not merit punishment.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM

:biggrin:

fourthcoming
07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I was a life long Penn State fan as well. I think that adds to the anger. Everyone fell for the bill of goods Paterno sold for years. He thought he was above everything and everyone and NEVER policed his players. His team was in a huge brawl years ago and several students got really injured. Paterno decides that HE will be the one to discipline them and nobody else. What does he do? He has them clean up a section of the stadium seats. However rediculous the characters were at the University of Miami in the 80's, that place comes out looking like flower children compared to the vile bullshit that Paterno and everyone else ignored. Yea it sucks that innocent students, faculty, workers, and athletes will suffer. How can the football program NOT take a hit? SMU received the death penalty in the 80's for financial scandals.......I think this is a little more disturbing than a financial scandal.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
How can the NCAA NOT give Penn State football the death penalty though?

Hmm. Maybe because it's completely out of their jurisdiction. Maybe because the people allegedly involved in not reporting are either in dead, in jail, or on trial. Or maybe because this is about evil and not about football. Or maybe because the actual crimes are so much worse than what the NCAA deals with that they're out of their league. Or maybe because the school didn't gain competitive advantage from this (I know some morons argued we did). Or maybe because all of the surrounding community would be economically devastated, and the big networks would lose millions, and the teams we play would be screwed.

There's a few reasons, all of them better than the nonsense the media and the ignorant are spewing.

And suck a dick for what you said about Paterno you fucking sheep.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:41 PM

What's absolutely mind boggling is that we've had to sit here and get shat on for months and cannot and will never be able to defend ourselves and our school. i understand the horror of the victims. It's not just about football. It's our lives. You obviously don't have any empathy. After over 6 months and after the plane flying around town intimidating us, I've fucking had enough. I'm done being silent as you'll all notice I have been for months. Fuck you ya canadian redneck cunt.

This is my time now. This is my thread to curse out all the fucknuts with stupid bullshit opinions about my school. I've read thousands of hate filled messages and I'm done sitting silent.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:42 PM

You don't have any decency. And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I know I came at you hard, but I also gave you a chance. Now you can fuck off a die.

Guitar Shark
07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
What's absolutely mind boggling is that we've had to sit here and get shat on for months and cannot and will never be able to defend ourselves and our school. i understand the horror of the victims. It's not just about football. It's our lives. You obviously don't have any empathy. After over 6 months and after the plane flying around town intimidating us, I've fucking had enough. I'm done being silent as you'll all notice I have been for months. Fuck you ya canadian redneck cunt.

This is my time now. This is my thread to curse out all the fucknuts with stupid bullshit opinions about my school. I've read thousands of hate filled messages and I'm done sitting silent.

Forgive me for saying so, but your anger seems to be misplaced.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:47 PM
So it really is about "your team" with you. Unbelievable.

Yeah THIS is. Today. Yes. This post is. I've heard the same bullshit for MONTHS. When will it be time to acknowledge our victimization? There's 500,000 of us. There's like 20 victims... who will all soon be millionaires.

It's more fun to keep turning the screws and throwing the hate. It feels good to point the finger, doesn't it. You're better. It would never happen to you.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah THIS is. Today. Yes. This post is. I've heard the same bullshit for MONTHS. When will it be time to acknowledge our victimization? There's 500,000 of us. There's like 20 victims... who will all soon be millionaires.

It's more fun to keep turning the screws and throwing the hate. It feels good to point the finger, doesn't it. You're better. It would never happen to you.

eh, not a good argument, brother :baaa:

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Totally agree here, I was reading this last night like "WTF"? I was on the fence about killing the program entirely for whatever period of time, but OD's attitude convinced me it SHOULD be.

THIS. OD you're usually cool, but this is just nuts and completely out of line, calling someone "faggot" for thinking there should be harsher sanctions imposed against the school (?)... a child's welfare is more important than any stupid fucking GAME. The entire Penn State organization (NOT the alumni - no one bashed YOU personally) thought the game took precedence over this - for YEARS. For that - the organization SHOULD be punished, and robbed of the very thing they chose over children's safety. Otherwise, they're merely embarrassed, and that is NOT sufficient. Suspend it for a year.

Listen man, we've been reading each other's post for many years and you know I'm reasonable. The equation is not either football team or pedophilia. Why is it one or the other. Yes football is important to me. Just as important as it is to any other fan. The millions of football fans in this country. So because of a horrible tragedy and evil that really shouldn't be connected to my school, I should just walk away? Would you? Or would you stand up for what you think is right?

This is not a football scandal regardless of how much that news that idea sells. You can think I'm crazy all you want and hell yes I am crazy as hell right now. I'm a wounded animal backed against a wall. This is the only place where I can unleash and swear and let all my hatred and anger out. It feels great.

Most of the media concocted story is bullshit. You guys will keep coming at me with strawman arguments but bottom line is that this wave of hatred for PSU is bullshit. And people talking about a death penalty need to realize how cruel this is. Stop and think for a second.

ODShowtime
07-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Forgive me for saying so, but your anger seems to be misplaced.

I've already said I wish Sandusky was dead. But he isn't in the media making millions off of how this scandal has been narrated.

Follow the money shark. Come on. And you know that Sandusky wasn't convicted of raping anyone in PSU's shower right? You are aware that McQuery was more than a year off from his recollection to the grand jury, putting the event out of the statute of limitations right? You know that the alleged victim of the shower incident was never found I'm sure. But it's a PSU football scandal. It's not about the evil, manipulative pedophile and the charity that funneled in his victims. It's about the school with the billion dollar endowment.

jhale667
07-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Listen man, we've been reading each other's post for many years and you know I'm reasonable.

Which is exactly why I prefaced my post as I did. And I realize as an alum and (clearly rabid) fan, you're hurting -I feel for ya in a way.

Having said that, I still don't at all like the idea that so many in the PSU organization will willing to turn a blind eye to it, for years. That's why I think there should be heavier repercussion. Not calling for the death penalty for anyone (though I imagine Sandusky will most likely die in prison, and not of natural causes), nor would I like to see the entire PSU athletic program sanctioned. I think having to go a year without their precious football game might serve as an example to other school's programs (and administrations), though. Either that or perhaps a better alternative, so as not to punish fans would be for all revenues generated from it this year should be put in a trust to be distributed to the victims.

gbranton
07-20-2012, 01:28 AM
There's a statue in Gainesville of Steve Spurrier, the iconic ball coach who quit on the Gators in January of 2002 to chase a pile of NFL money. Spurrier's likeness is flanked by Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow, one of the most polarizing athletes of our generation.

What a tool. That is a ridiculous article. Idolizing false gods?............................Really? People erect stautes of others for plenty of reasons, not necessarily because we have a desire to diefy them, MAYBE we merely appreciate their contributions to our alma mater. He neglects to mention that all three men won Heisman Trophies while at Florida.

The author implies that Spurrier shit all over UF by leaving to go to the NFL, when in fact Florida fans have no ill will whatsoever toward the man who built Florida into a national power. I know this because as former vice-president and president-elect of the South Alabama Gator Club, I have traveled to games and functions all over the southeast and have never once heard a Gator fan badmouth him. As a matter of fact a significant number of Gator fans (myself included follow South Carolina football closely and wish him only the very best.) AND we would have him back as our coach in a heartbeat. Ask Lou Holtz what kind of man Steve Spurrier is, he helped Holtz's wife get life saving treatments for cancer while Holtz was at USC. The worst thing Spurrier ever did was call FSU Free Shoes University or tell Tennessee fans that "you can't spell Citrus without UT".

As for Tebow being polarizing, I've never heard him say anything negative about anyone and while organized religion isn't my thing, I appreciate that he has started 28 hospitals for children overseas. Sandusky probably sent children to the hospital with bloody assholes, while Tebow BUILDS them. He puts his time and money where his mouth is. I'd say we could use more "polarizing" people like him in the world.

As for Weurfel, he has dedicated his life to Desire Street Ministries, a non-profit faith-based organization focusing on spiritual and community development in one of the poorest areas of New Orleans. Another person the type of which the world could use more of.

As proud as I am of these folks (NOT GODS) if they protected a child molester and allowed to him to roam the halls of that university with impunity for years, I would be the first one in line with a sledgehammer. Some shit is WAY more important than football.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 02:10 AM
The part that really spooked me was that during the trial, he just had this oblivious look on his face like he felt he had done nothing wrong, like it was perfectly normal to permanently damage these kids views on sex, and life in general. It is, unquestionably, the darkest, most sinful crime you could possibly commit on the entire face of the Earth...and yet he maintained this bewildered look on his face like he didn't have the slightest clue that he had done anything wrong. He couldn't even answer Bob Costas' question without repeating it over and over. That was some scary shit.
And THAT falls on strictly on the shoulders of the people that were covering it up. Who, by their silence, allowed that kind of sick shit to continue without saying a goddamn thing. They're just as fucking evil and fucked-up in the head as he is, and when they throw him a cage, they better keep that door open, because the people that knew about it and didn't speak out should be thrown in right in there with him.

The way I see it, if he gets sentenced to triple-life, he's getting off easy. HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! HE FUCKED KIDS!!!! I had to re-iterate that for the Penn St. alumni that have chosen to gloss over that. And if JoePa had any knowledge of it whatsoever, that statue should not only be torn down, it should be pissed on and burnt to motherfuckin' ashes. He could complain about it all he wants to......in his own cell.

McCreary had knowledge of this too. He's the one that broke this story large, and now he wants to run and hide in the shadows? Bullshit, pal! Both of you motherfuckers should be passing out toothpicks at chow-time.

HE FUCKED KIDS!!! END OF STORY!!! DIE, YOU SICK FUCK!!!

The classic signs of a narcisist. They don't care if they hurt anyone and they are beyond feeling any remourse. It's all about them and in fact, sometimes they even like the negative attention they get.

gbranton
07-20-2012, 02:59 AM
while us Nittany Lions feels even more shame and sadness and emptiness that we don't deserve.

Some of you people are fucking crazy. Unbelievable. We'll all be punished so YOU feel better? FUCK YOU.

No one else needs to be punished.

So I'LL feel better? No. Not for me, nothing would EVER make me feel better, but what I feel is unimportant. You SHOULD feel shame and sadness, considering that we are talking about at LEAST 15 YEARS of child molestation on your school's campus DO YOU FUCKING THINK THAT YOU SHOULD EVER NOT FEEL SAD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED? I will never get over feeling sad for the victims or ANY child that is abused by a monster like Sandusky and protected by monsters like Paterno, Curley, Schultz and Spanier.

Fifteen years. For a minimum of fifteen years what each and every Penn State fan has lived has been a lie. And every one of you enjoyed every minute of that lie until it came crashing down. I would be furious too. Not furious at some random guy on the internet, but furious at the people who covered this all up and allowed it to happen. Do I feel sorry for Penn State fans? Hell yes, as long as the aren't dickhead narcissists who think sports shit is actually important in life.

And by the way, it's "us Nittany Lions feel", not feels. Your degree must not be in English.

You are aware that McQuery was more than a year off from his recollection to the grand jury, putting the event out of the statute of limitations right?

That makes it all ok, huh? That it happened too long ago. That is a sick fucking statement right there.

I'm really not sure I want to live in this world any more.

REALLY? Over a fucking football team? You have issues.

People on here are smart enough to see the real picture.

.....and most of the people in here seem to agree that PSU needs a year off.

First of all, I'm railing to the whole world, not just you. Put yourself in my shoes. I'm desperate. The whole world hates us.

The whole world (outside of NAMBLA) hates what has happened at PENN STATE. I don't arbitrarily hate Penn States grads, I know a couple. What I hate is people who defend and protect child molesters.

Those people have intellect. I hope you and your family die in a fire you fucking faggot. You're not even human.

Intellect? So hoping someone's family (their fucking FAMILY FFS) dies in a fire and telling them they are sub-human qualifies as your idea of intellect? All I can say about that statement is it makes you look like a douchebag. If that is intellect, I don't want any.

I have to think about never seeing my team again. Do you have any idea how that feels? I'm an innocent human being man and fucking all 500,000 of us over even more doesn't help anyone.

This is just an unbelievable cruel thing to say. Put yourself in our shoes and think about it. You're a human.

Yes...... I am a human. A human who realizes that I am a lot more than a diploma on a wall. My school doesn't make me what I am, it doesn't represent who I am as an individual or what I believe in, it doesn't define what I have to offer to the world, to think that it does is sick. My school equipped me to go out into the world and represent THEM, NOT the other way around. If what team you root for defines you, then you aren't shit, you are Harvey Updyke.

To say over and over again it about YOU is sickening.

You realize the person who committed the crime is behind bars right? I wish the evil son of a bitch would kill himself and I mean that straight up. I shouldn't even have to say that. It should be obvious.

The NCAA frequently punishes programs that have fired their coaches. I don't know what your degree was in, but it's not law. If a CEO makes the decision to do something wrong, the entire corporation has to pay, the defense of "That guy doesn't work here anymore" doesn't hold any water. Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Paterno were still employed when this all went to shit, so sorry but PSU AND THE FOOTBLL PROGRAM are ass deep in this.

Or maybe because the actual crimes are so much worse than what the NCAA deals with that they're out of their league.

So the NCAA should do nothing? Or is this the time to set an example?

And keep defending Paterno. Paterno had the power to get nearly ANYTHING done on the campus at State College and it has been commented on many times that he used it. The fact that Sandusky continued to walk the halls at Penn State with this cloud above his head all this time is because Paterno ALLOWED IT.

will never be able to defend ourselves and our school. i understand the horror of the victims. It's not just about football. It's our lives.

It's our lives? Really? Your life won't go the fuck on without fucking football? That is a pathetic statement.

Some cocksucker was flying a plane around state college yesterday threatening us over the statue. That's disgusting.

What's disgusting is that the motherfucker is still standing.

When will it be time to acknowledge our victimization? There's 500,000 of us. There's like 20 victims... who will all soon be millionaires.

At a time like this we should be concerned about Penn State fans, ESPECIALLY the ones that defend Paterno. That's like saying we shouldn't send criminals to jail because it would break their poor mothers' hearts. YOUR VICTIMIZATION? What fucking bullshit.

But the money will make it all better, right? That will give them back what they lost? Another sickening statement.

......Or would you stand up for what you think is right?

You can think I'm crazy all you want and hell yes I am crazy as hell right now. I'm a wounded animal backed against a wall.

A wounded animal backed against the wall. WOW. More like you are a wounded, butthurt, narcissistic drama queen, but I DO think you are crazy.

And by the way, I WOULD stand up and fight for what is right. If this was Gainesville I would WANT a year off, I would want to see it torn down and rebuilt, I would want to see all new faces, I would want to put it all away for a while, take a break and think about it all. Time to be solemn and reverential toward the victims. Time to let wounds heal. Mine and theirs.

I would feel guilty about getting back into a football stadium to cheer them on too soon........if I ever again could.

fourthcoming
07-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Hmm. Maybe because it's completely out of their jurisdiction. Maybe because the people allegedly involved in not reporting are either in dead, in jail, or on trial. Or maybe because this is about evil and not about football. Or maybe because the actual crimes are so much worse than what the NCAA deals with that they're out of their league. Or maybe because the school didn't gain competitive advantage from this (I know some morons argued we did). Or maybe because all of the surrounding community would be economically devastated, and the big networks would lose millions, and the teams we play would be screwed.

There's a few reasons, all of them better than the nonsense the media and the ignorant are spewing.

Dude, chill....I have had nothing but pleasant dealings with you before....damn dude we chatted about the Black Crowes and the Dead. Chill the fuck out and stop looking at the situation through Blue and White lenses. I happen to agree with you that many more innocent people will be affected if the NCAA gives Penn State the death penalty. That will amount to basically more victims because of that piece of shit Sandusky. All I'm saying is.....how does the NCAA not give them the death penalty for a year or two with all the pressure the NCAA is going to be under in the court of public opinion? As far as calling me a sheep for what I said about Paterno? That's rediculous bro..... Everyday I see pictures in the newspaper and see morons on tv holding vigils at Peterno's statue and still professing his innocence. If a person does plenty of good in his life and then behaves in a completely vile and callous manner, I'm sorry.....the bad outweighs the good. The guy was a fucking holier than though, lying sack of shit. I'm sorry if that offends you but get over it. I have rooted for Penn State since I was 9 years old when thy beat Herschel Walker and Georgia for the national title. It's too bad these scumbags were probably letting this monster get away with this shit since then or even before. Fuck Paterno.

TFM_Dale
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
You don't have any decency. And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I know I came at you hard, but I also gave you a chance. Now you can fuck off a die.

Fuck off pedophile lover. I am beginning to think Sandusky got to you and you liked it. You are a delusional, psychotic fuck up with fucked up morals if you even begin to think whatever pay out Ped State gives these victims will make things right. I am done discussing this topic with some fucked in the head moron that really thinks a university, football team, and pedophile protecting cock sucker of a coach in Paterno are more important then the children these pedophile protecting cock suckers scarred for life by protecting that sick pedophile prick. You are barely better then they are and you are the poster fuck up on why that fucked up school should get the death penalty. Spew whatever venom you want you sick prick, I am done with this. I just hope if anything like this ever happens to somebody in your family you will show more compassion to them.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Apparently the statue is coming down this weekend.....

Von Halen
07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Apparently the statue is coming down this weekend.....

Good.

The football stadium should come down next.

They should be concentrating on education anyway.