X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Ozzy's Secret Breakdown

Rudy Sarzo - Few people know this, but he was treated at St. John’s (hospital) outside London.He had a nervous breakdown. It was during our European tour with Saxon. We were rehearsing – Tommy (Aldridge), Don Airey, Randy and myself. We were in England for the Diary Of A Madman tour, and our singer was in a mental institution . We’d go visit him with Sharon. She was a major instigator and would call us up: “Come on, let’s visit Ozzy!”

We’d visit him, and this hospital was like something out of The Elephant Man. There’s Ozzy in one room with a iron headboard above his bed with a little curtain for him to change and a piss bucket and pitcher of water.

For the rest of the interview ...CLICK HERE!

• Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

That was a cool interview, Phoenix. Rudy Sarzo has really been around, huh. Its amazing as he has played with so many of my favorite bands and musicians. Worth the read.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Hecubus
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

awesome interview!

THanks!
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

Working...