PDA

View Full Version : Songbook new Chris Cornell Solo acoustic effort.

SunisinuS
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Nothing earth shaking but still good for a listen or two. Soundgarden is still on also, but Chris apparently likes to continue to work.

Chris Cornell has been tireless this year, but his spring solo tour and the Soundgarden arena tour weren't even half of the story. He's back out on the road now for another solo acoustic 'Songbook' tour and the Nov. 21 release of a "Songbook" album, which you can hear part of here first exclusively:

http://www.billboard.com/news/exclusive-chris-cornell-songbook-ep2-first-1005516362.story#/news/exclusive-chris-cornell-songbook-ep2-first-1005516362.story

He still has some chops...some nice tone (some a little uneven) but Call Me a Dog still can send ice picks on your steel shore......

The last minute of "Doesn't Remind me of Anything" shows the notes are still possible.

:hippie:

SunisinuS
11-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Well if you don't believe me, just ask the Blind Man he saw them too:

FORD
11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I'll bet Dave had to be a little bit annoyed at that. I mean, sure if you see a celebrity in the crowd, you might want to catch him on camera, but really, filming him for over 4 1/2 minutes, and NOT the band that's actually playing on stage?

WTF?

Rikk
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
I saw this tour. Cornell is awesome. Psyched for the new Soundgarden album too (saw them in Lollapalooza '10, 2nd row).

This new live album will be a nice one to play around the house while the wife and I are making dinner.

(Check out Soundgarden's live album from last year LIVE ON I-5 if you haven't done so already.)