PDA

View Full Version : Ed is a TERRIBLE business man

dave_is_vh
11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Ed is an idiot for wasting all of his time on this garbage merchandise he promotes. Shoes? Shirts? Guitar picks? What an idiot!

If Ed would just release a couple classic era DVDs or live albums, do a box set of all the unreleased material, or do a DVD or live album from the last tour he would make dramatically more money with very little additional effort.

Time to get a clue Ed! You will make infinitely more money on DVDs, live albums, box sets etc than shoes!

hambon4lif
11-24-2011, 05:38 PM
What a great idea.:thumb:
It's really amazing that after all these years, no one on this board has ever noticed that or brought it up.....not even once.

.....it's definitely the very first time I'm hearing of such a thing.

TJMKID
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Ed is an idiot for wasting all of his time on this garbage merchandise he promotes. Shoes? Shirts? Guitar picks? What an idiot!

He needs to release the entire '81 Oakland show on DVD ---- that remains the Holy Grail of VH unreleased material.

No one really cares about striped shoes or beanies ---- release the Oakland show and he'll start rebuilding the trust of the fans instead of shitting all over us the last 25 years.

Cato
11-24-2011, 06:17 PM
great idea but I'm still looking forward to buying striped tampons for my girlfriend.

hambon4lif
11-24-2011, 06:21 PM
great idea but I'm still looking forward to buying striped tampons for my girlfriend.Wouldn't she just stripe them herself anyways?

Cato
11-24-2011, 06:27 PM
she only can draw red stripes. no black.

lesfunk
11-24-2011, 06:34 PM

That's a relief!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll take "Threads that have been regurgitated 100 times" for 1000, Alex....

Matt White
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I will say this.....

Ed Von Halen has been short-changed on many of his inovations when it comes to the modern electric guitar.............

Like DAVE said in "Crazy from the Heat".......Ed went for the "money" after doing business with Spammy & his manager.......

twonabomber
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM

is brown close enough?

Cato
11-24-2011, 10:13 PM
how about yellow?

clarathecarrot
11-24-2011, 10:35 PM
...and we do needs to bring to Ed's attention how he must open the vaults, and release that fucking 81 show, we haven't touched on that at all around here, maybe some threads on Dave Hair, I will say one thing how this thread touched on something rarely said around here how Ed could make more money releasing the vaults than selling wild shoes, I mean except for the other 500 threads..about all that very stuff , but maybe the deal is everyone must ask at least once and in thier own thread...fhewwwww...*wipes brow* can I just say it here and have it done...81 Ed ...?

On a non silly note, I am more pumped for some new music than if the vaults were opened up and I personally got to view the old stuff before anyone else...I guess cause I saw it live I was there...It was grand...but that was then I would much rather see 2007 and new VH w Dave than any of the 85 and before.

Peace.

DLR Bridge
11-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I know the '81 Oakland show in it's entirety would be sweet, but the raw footage that they could compile from the '84 tour would probably impress me more. Ed was getting the caramel creamy chocolate brown sound outta that single pick up Kramer. The band would start off songs in a Roth choreographed manner that really doesn't happen anymore. Dave was at the pinnacle of his stage craft abilities. It was their banner year. Just imagine if they put out a full length concert video from that tour with the same off beat feel to it as the Panama video. The Lost Weekend with Van Halen show was in Detroit and some of the footage I've seen from that makes me really wish I was their.

With regards to Ed being a terrible business man, he actually isn't. He just hasn't started selling what we actually want yet. In time. It may still be a while, but I bet he'll do what Frank Zappa did and clean up the boots and sell'em. Just have a feeling.

Nitro Express
11-25-2011, 01:39 AM

If Ed would just release a couple classic era DVDs or live albums, do a box set of all the unreleased material, or do a DVD or live album from the last tour he would make dramatically more money with very little additional effort.

Time to get a clue Ed! You will make infinitely more money on DVDs, live albums, box sets etc than shoes!

Since when did Ed ever listen to the customer and give them what they want? Ed lives in his own world and has always done his own thing. He was lucky enough that millions of people liked what he cooked up and were willing to buy tickets and music. From a marketing strategy point of view, the guy sucks.

Kristy
11-25-2011, 01:59 AM
What a great idea.:thumb:
It's really amazing that after all these years, no one on this board has ever noticed that or brought it up.....not even once.

.....it's definitely the very first time I'm hearing of such a thing.

Do you ever quit being a dick?

Diamondjimi
11-25-2011, 03:01 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1109/stfu-k-thx-stfu-thx-xray-demotivational-posters-1317263842.jpg

Dan
11-25-2011, 03:05 AM

How Very Rude.:D

TJMKID
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
I know the '81 Oakland show in it's entirety would be sweet, but the raw footage that they could compile from the '84 tour would probably impress me more. Ed was getting the caramel creamy chocolate brown sound outta that single pick up Kramer. The band would start off songs in a Roth choreographed manner that really doesn't happen anymore. Dave was at the pinnacle of his stage craft abilities. It was their banner year. Just imagine if they put out a full length concert video from that tour with the same off beat feel to it as the Panama video. The Lost Weekend with Van Halen show was in Detroit and some of the footage I've seen from that makes me really wish I was their.

There is the bootleg footage of the entire '84 Montreal gig floating around on the interwebs and it's a better choreographed show ---- but I think '81 Oakland blows it away. In 1981, VH was still hungry and menacing and the visual performance matched the fury of the music.

Eddie could just lose his fuckin' mind and release master reels of both '81 and '84 shows on a DVD box set, but this ain't fantasy land. Screwing the fans is firmly encoded in his DNA.

ZahZoo
11-25-2011, 11:43 AM

This was not always the case... but the boy really locked and loaded during the Ms Chrisi era... Never been the same since...

DLR Bridge
11-25-2011, 12:57 PM
There is the bootleg footage of the entire '84 Montreal gig...

Yeah, I got that on VHS in the late '80s. Just recently smartened up and transferred it to DVD. Luckily, the color and sound is well intact. Truely gives you the vibe of being there start to finish. I don't think the guy filming even had to stop to change his battery. Remember the kick ass Space Invader hop Ed, Mike and Dave did in the beginning of the '81 Hear About It Later? They did a lot of that sort of thing on this '84 show. They did absolutely nothing like that in '07. We'll see if ol' Dave can get Ed & Wolf to be a little more mobile next time out now. But you're right. An '81 and '84 boxed set would erase some disgruntledness from the minds of the CVH die hards, I'm sure.

TJMKID
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I got that on VHS in the late '80s. Just recently smartened up and transferred it to DVD. Luckily, the color and sound is well intact. Truely gives you the vibe of being there start to finish. I don't think the guy filming even had to stop to change his battery. Remember the kick ass Space Invader hop Ed, Mike and Dave did in the beginning of the '81 Hear About It Later? They did a lot of that sort of thing on this '84 show. They did absolutely nothing like that in '07. We'll see if ol' Dave can get Ed & Wolf to be a little more mobile next time out now. But you're right. An '81 and '84 boxed set would erase some disgruntledness from the minds of the CVH die hards, I'm sure.

I dont see them doing the Space Invader synchro-hop anymore --- Wolfie is just too tubby and lazy to actually wanna entertain people. He's from the Van Halen gene pool --- so plucking some bass strings and collecting fat paychecks is all he's concerned with. Like father, like uncle, like son.

If Ed released well-mastered DVDs of '81 Oakland and an '84 show --- including some salacious NC-17 backstage footage of Dave and hot groupies --- then I'd probably forgive around 80% of the bullshit he's dumped on the fanbase in the last 27 years. I can't forgive 100% because it's an awful lot of shit he's dumped on us.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-25-2011, 02:18 PM
wolfie is neither tubby (anymore) nor lazy (i don't think) :fencing:

ThrillsNSpills
11-25-2011, 02:29 PM

TJMKID
11-25-2011, 03:15 PM
wolfie is neither tubby (anymore) nor lazy (i don't think) :fencing:

I saw Wolf-Man at 3 different shows on the 2007-08 tour ---- he looked like a potted cactus playing bass guitar. Very underwhelming stage presence, esp. since the 53 yr. old singer was pulling off reverse flying roundhouse kicks.

If it was Mike Sobolewski on bass ---- he would've been dancing around and chugging Jack from the bottle ---- firing off soaring harmonies with his cannon mouth.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
the kid was 16 at the time.......

Terry
11-26-2011, 09:59 AM
The thing of it is, home technology and amateur enthusiasts have produced such things as the 1982 Largo show in a state so close to that of being professionally restored with an ample production budget...like, I think selling bootlegs does amount to ripping off the artists, but in the case of Van Halen I'd almost prefer to pay for a bootleg. Hey, if Ed would rather put Franky stripes on tennis shoes than give me what I want as a consumer, I guess someone else besides Ed is gonna get my money.

In theory I can understand the rationale behind Ed not wanting to focus on the CVH past back in, say, 1996. Back then, Van Halen were still a band with recording contract and therefore one could make the case that they had a future. At this point, however, it's just bad business practice NOT to release those old shows. Even if it is a case of proprietary rights to the footage resulting in Ed getting less of a net profit than he does from selling, say, an EVH model guitar, well, so? And it's not like Ed is going forward with a fourth singer and doesn't want old CVH footage to overshadow Van Halen Mach 4, because Van Halen have done 2 oldies cash grab tours in the last ten years.

Then again, I'm attempting to think in terms of logic. Never useful when rationalizing what Eddie does.

hambon4lif
11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Do you ever quit being a dick?Dear Pot,

Blow Me

Signed,
The Kettle

p.s.- I always thought Main was for Van Halen fans. Did you get lost or sumthin'?

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
mainly lost

TJMKID
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Hey, if Ed would rather put Franky stripes on tennis shoes than give me what I want as a consumer, I guess someone else besides Ed is gonna get my money.

I bought the entire Largo '82 show on DVD from a guy on Ebay and it's A-quality. He told me he sold hundreds of these already.

If Ed continues to be a weird douche and sell Franken-shoes or beanies instead of real art --- then fuck him --- my money is going to people who provide what I want.

Kristy
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Dear Pot,

Blow Me

Signed,
The Kettle

Dear Kettle,

Dream on.

p.s. please die.

Nitro Express
11-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I bought the entire Largo '82 show on DVD from a guy on Ebay and it's A-quality. He told me he sold hundreds of these already.

If Ed continues to be a weird douche and sell Franken-shoes or beanies instead of real art --- then fuck him --- my money is going to people who provide what I want.

Spoken like a true customer. The Van Halens have always ignored their fans. They have always enjoyed the luxury of just going on tour and putting albums out without doing anything else. Ah addicts are selfish people. They don't think beyond themselves. I don't think Ed was lying when he said everything he does he does for himself. The way he has treated the fans and members of his band shows that. You just don't toss a loyal founding member of the band out so your kid can be in the group. Wolfie never earned that position and it does Wolfie no good to give it to him.

Right now I'm pretty much done with VH. They were magic in the day. I have really lost interest.

hambon4lif
11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Dear Kettle,

Dream on.

p.s. please die.Dear Flat-Stack,

How the fuck did you end up here in the first place?
Was it by some cosmic internet accident, or did everyone at the White Stripes board eventually get fed up with your bullshit?
(either story is believable)

p.s.- should I take a raincheck on that blowjob then?

Kristy
11-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Dear Flat-Stack,

How the fuck did you end up here in the first place?
Was it by some cosmic internet accident, or did everyone at the White Stripes board eventually get fed up with your bullshit?
(either story is believable)

p.s.- should I take a raincheck on that blowjob then?

Dear Dickless Wonder,

Didn't your parents ask you that very same question?

As for your blowjob, I wouldn't want to get in the way of you and your goats at the trailer park that you reside in.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
:popcorn:

hambon4lif
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
You should probably offer Kristy some of that popcorn if she'll promise not to throw it back up immediately afterwards.......

Kristy
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Back from humping your goats so soon?

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Back from humping your goats so soon?

i thought they gave blow jobs? oh, mouth humping:blow:

conmee
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

Edward is a fucking genius!!!!

Nobody wants some old ass fucking footage of some shows in the 80s!!!! I don't know if any of you been keepin' score, but today it's all about striped shoes, hoodies, lady tees, guitars, amps, guitar picks, shoelaces, hats, in short... merchandise!!!!

Fuck Oakland '81.... give me a velcro Frankenwallet, parachute pants, and a glazed donut... to go!

That is all.

Icon™©®

DONNIEP
11-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Why does everyone think that Ed holds all this footage locked away in 5150? The guy is selling shoes and flip-flops and ties and beanies for God's sake! Don't you think he'd flood the market with videos if he had the goods? I think he would. I don't think for a minute that Eddie had the presence of mind to put into a contract "I get all of the footage we shoot from every concert." The Oakland '81 show WAS documented, and I'm not stupid enough to think that they only shot a couple of songs and then turned the cameras off. But to think that Eddie somehow masterminded being the only person with his hands on the master tapes is...just...ridiculous. The truth of the matter is probably that someone shot the whole show and all that is left is what we've seen. Keep in mind that to the band it was just another show. To us it was much more than that. But to the members of the band it was just another show, another night.

Eddie is, without a doubt, a douchebag. But I just don't think he has the goods that we are all looking for. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think a lot of what we're looking for just doesn't exist.

dave_is_vh
11-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Eddie is, without a doubt, a douchebag. But I just don't think he has the goods that we are all looking for. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think a lot of what we're looking for just doesn't exist.

What Ed doesn't have Warner Brothers probably does.

And we all know Ed has plenty of recordings of the 2007-2008 tour.

DONNIEP
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but again, Ed made sure he had complete control of all of the video from the 2007-2008 tour? I'm not trying to argue with anyone at all, but just because they had a big screen behind them every night doesn't mean that Eddie had the rights to all the footage. By no means am I saying Eddie is a saint - I'm not. But I just don't think the SOB has some secret agenda to withhold footage from the fans from a tour that took place 30 years ago. And I say that respectfully, IMHO.

dave_is_vh
11-27-2011, 01:17 AM
We know they have the video/audio of the 2007-2008 tour because they said they were going to release a DVD of that tour. They just decided not to for some reason.

I agree that it is possible that some of the other footage is lost or deteriorated but I would imagine most of it is in Warner Brothers' vaults if not in Ed's closet.

dave_is_vh
11-27-2011, 01:21 AM
I believe that the Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires shows from Diver Down were broadcast on local television in those countries. I suppose it is possible that the TV stations down there that broadcast those shows have the originals or at least good copies.

dave_is_vh
11-27-2011, 01:26 AM
And was the Largo Diver Down show ever broadcast on any TV station? Maybe the TV station that broadcast it has the tapes.

And someone somewhere has to have the original tapes of the US Festival.

I would assume Oakland Fair Warning was recorded just to make music videos for the singles from that album. I don't think that show was ever broadcast on TV. That is why I think Warner Brothers must have those tapes.

dave_is_vh
11-27-2011, 01:31 AM
The real reason Ed won't release any videos with Dave?

Because it would PROVE that Dave is the heart and soul of Van Halen!!!

FORD
11-27-2011, 01:44 AM
And was the Largo Diver Down show ever broadcast on any TV station? Maybe the TV station that broadcast it has the tapes.

And someone somewhere has to have the original tapes of the US Festival.

I would assume Oakland Fair Warning was recorded just to make music videos for the singles from that album. I don't think that show was ever broadcast on TV. That is why I think Warner Brothers must have those tapes.

The Largo video was recorded on the in house video system of the arena, for purposes of broadcasting it on the big screens so the people in the nosebleed seats could see the band. A lot of bootleg videos were made in that venue around the same time, though it's probably a matter of some employee's unauthorized use of a VCR plugged into the house system. And if that's the case it's doubtful a "professional" master copy of the show ever existed.

But then, a good copy of the Largo video wouldn't look any worse than most of the stuff KISS puts out in their official KISSOLOGY DVD sets.

DaveTheScott
11-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

Edward is a fucking genius!!!!

Nobody wants some old ass fucking footage of some shows in the 80s!!!! I don't know if any of you been keepin' score, but today it's all about striped shoes, hoodies, lady tees, guitars, amps, guitar picks, shoelaces, hats, in short... merchandise!!!!

Fuck Oakland '81.... give me a velcro Frankenwallet, parachute pants, and a glazed donut... to go!

That is all.

Icon™©®

FrankenTampons..goat humping...good-natured eye (ass) gouging...all in the Ed Is A Horrible Businessman thread.

God damn I love this site.

Hardrock69
11-27-2011, 02:37 AM
DONNIEP......here is the thing. We here at Roth Army are pretty much aware of how many shows have been professionally filmed from the CVH-era. Sure, we do not know for certain, but we have a good minimum idea.

Now answer this question: Do you believe Warner Brothers, being a major record label, to be full of executive bean-counters who are greedy as fuck? Who would kill their own grandmother and sell her corpse to necrophiliacs just to earn a dollar? A hint: The answer is NOT "no".

You think WB does NOT want to release CVH shows on DVD? They would do ANYTHING to earn a huge payday off of any existing CVH footage they have.

There can only be one reason they have not released any footage yet......25 fucking years after the only true Van Halen imploded.

That would be legal reasons. Entirely possible they (the sistas) have some kind of legal footing that prevents WB from even thinking about dreaming of wishing they could release CVH shows to the masses.

And I told myself I would not reply to this same thread for the 100th time.......

VHscraps
11-27-2011, 03:45 AM
The Largo video was recorded on the in house video system of the arena, for purposes of broadcasting it on the big screens so the people in the nosebleed seats could see the band. A lot of bootleg videos were made in that venue around the same time, though it's probably a matter of some employee's unauthorized use of a VCR plugged into the house system. And if that's the case it's doubtful a "professional" master copy of the show ever existed.

But then, a good copy of the Largo video wouldn't look any worse than most of the stuff KISS puts out in their official KISSOLOGY DVD sets.

Here in the UK in the early 80s the BBC had a TV series called Late Night in Concert, which broadcast several 30-40 min edited shows from Largo, MD.

AC/DC in 81, being a very good one that I can recall. Don't know how many cameras the in-house system had, but i must have been this that accounted for so many concerts from he venue being broadcast - I don't imagine that many acts travelled with a film crew.

Oh, and here's another thing I recall - I may have a clipping somewhere - in 1980 Kerrang magazine reported that VH had filmed a Cocksucker Blues-type of verite movie of the band on tour, complete with DLR singing 'Strangers in the Night' as some groupie was entertaining a roadie, or something. I think the director was called Snede Krellmanns - a Dutch name like that.

ashstralia
11-27-2011, 03:52 AM
well it's nice to see that you did, hardrock. and i hope you're wrong about the legal bullshit. maybe hold the history package until we've toured for the final time? i don't know.

FORD
11-27-2011, 04:02 AM
It's doubtful that WB owns the copyright on the "official" videos most of us are familiar with. When WB released the video version of "Best of Vol 1" over a decade ago, it only contained the videos from the 1984 album, and then a bunch of Hagar shit. Now I'm sure Eddie left off the "Pretty Woman" video because he's on record as hating it (along with everything else connected to the Diver Down album) but also conspicuously absent were the three videos filmed in Oakland in 1981, and the three filmed for Don Kirshner's Rock Concert in 1979. Clearly WB doesn't own the copyright on these videos, so they couldn't be included. One would think they did own the promo clips for the first album, so I have no idea how those escaped the compilation.

Reportedly there are DVD's from the Kirshner show in production, coming from the same company that's handling the Ed Sullivan DVD's, so it's possible that the 79 videos may well see the light of day (offiicially) at least.

Hardrock69
11-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Snede Krellman? A joke name if I ever heard it. We all know what Krell is.

New Krell! With miracle product X-14!!! *bing!*

:lmao:

Let's see.....from Largo I have the VH show, Whitesnake from 84 I think, and Heart from 1978 I believe. Thank god for whoever taped the stuff at that venue.

Hardrock69
11-27-2011, 04:09 AM
By the way Don, you are ok here. We won't tear your head off.....yet, lol.

If Ed wanted the footage to be released, it would be!

WB would cut off their collective ballsacks to get their hands on the cash that CVH shows would generate!

Ed is the only possible roadblock to this thing.

VHscraps
11-27-2011, 04:09 AM
Well, here's the evidence ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7014/6410265055_b41d97d61b_b.jpg

I wrote 1979 on that clipping, but that's wrong - it was a 1980 Kerrang, one of the first issues of the magazine, so we are talking about the 1980 tour. I think some of the footage is out there - the material filmed on the canals in Amsterdam, etc., is probably part of it. But there will be more.

VHscraps
11-27-2011, 04:18 AM
And there's something from Matt White on an old Army thread here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?8066-Snade-Krellmans-shot-footage-of-the-1980-Invasion-tour!

I found him on Facebook - it's him. Used to make films and work in the music business. I posted a message on his wall asking what happened to the footage ...

FORD
11-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Can't believe that film has never been bootlegged (as Cocksucker Blues has been for years)

dave_is_vh
11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
There can only be one reason they have not released any footage yet......25 fucking years after the only true Van Halen imploded.

That would be legal reasons. Entirely possible they (the sistas) have some kind of legal footing that prevents WB from even thinking about dreaming of wishing they could release CVH shows to the masses.

Why does Ed not want to release the classic era videos?

He would make money and it would increase interest in Van Halen.

The only thing I could think of is he is too lazy to do the editing, there are errors in the performances (e.g. beginning of Oakland Unchained) that he is embarrassed by, or he is afraid that the videos would prove that Dave is what makes Van Halen great and that Van Hagar sucks.

It is truly mind boggling that there are multiple pro shot Van Hagar concert videos available for purchase and zero Van Halen concert videos available for purchase.

It is like Ed owns the rights to Star Wars and some unknown low budget film and is choosing to release the unknown film on DVD but not Star Wars.

TJMKID
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM

You cant be this delusional, no?

Eddie has all the master tapes from '78 to present. Dave told Jim Ladd that '81 Oakland footage was shot over 3 consecutive nights so there has to be a shitload of captured footage --- a lot of it unusable but enough to piece together a concert DVD. I've heard in years past that Noel Monk and Mike Anthony had their grubby paws on the film reels, but there's no doubt Ed Van Hitler now has that footage in his vaults.

It's well-documented that Ed never wanted to release a Roth-era live album because he was never satisfied with Dave's vocals. Funny how Ed seems to forget how those live vocals kept selling out world tours year after year from '78 to '84. What a dummy.

Nitro Express
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Michael Anthony said in a interview that the band use to film it's performances to review the footage and get the choreography down. He said they even hired a choreographer to help them look better on stage. So there is footage but it was taken in the context of helping the band critic their stage presence.

Hardrock69
11-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Ah, so Snade Krellmans is a real person. I stand corrected, lol. *slaps self upside fool head".

Right on Scraps! Let us know what you find out!

DONNIEP
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Ok, ok, I stand corrected :biggrin:

I was aware that VH shot tons of footage back in the day, including filming the shows for the band's own use. I suppose I made the mistake of applying common sense to the idea that if Ed had all this footage he'd package it and sell it. But I know, common sense and logic don't apply to anything Eddie does. Don't get me wrong - I hope they have tons of video and that at least some of it gets released. Now would definitely be the time to cash in.

DLR Bridge
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
With regards to the '07-'08 live DVD, they clearly have multi camera angled videos from every single night to feed the overhead screen, but I still think Dave was using the line "we're recording live...!" schpiel every night to get a louder roar from the crowd, kinda the way he said he did back in the day. He said it at my show in NJ in May of '08 and I immediately thought of what he said in his book. I'm OK with there not being an official release of that show. Dave was the best part. The family members were just OK.

Cato
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
I know a Japanese woman that Dave hired privately for the reunion tour. She told me that they filmed just one show in NYC for a Live DVD.

so I asked her,
"Which one? they played in there twice"

she answered
"probably the later one" (=May 23, 2008)

Hardrock69
11-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Interesting.