PDA

View Full Version : My Tweet to Eddie Trunk

Va Beach VH Fan
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM
After hearing on his Brian Johnson episode of That Metal Show that Eddie Trunk perpetuated the lie again about VH with Bette selling more than with DLR, here was my response via Twitter....

@Roth_Army
Roth Army

@EddieTrunk Ed, please correct your audience that VH with DLR sold DOUBLE than with SH. DLR/VH = 34 mil, SH/VH = 16 mil #notevenclose

42 seconds ago via TwInbox

I'll let you know if he responds....

VAiN
11-27-2011, 09:58 AM
This should be good. I doubt he replies..

VHscraps
11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Keep in mind that those figures you fired back at Trunk are certified US sales only - Van Halen sold more overseas with DLR than with Hagar as well, would be my guess. So the gap will probably be bigger than the US sales gap itself reveals.

VH's two 10-million sellers were last certified by the RIAA a long time ago. It is only if and when the record label requests an audit that the RIAA do a new count, so to speak. Sales will have slowly continued to nudge up through downloads especially since all that activity will have occurred post-the last Diamond certification. Will the Hagar-era albums have continued to sell? Somehow I think not in the same quantities.

As it happens I wound up on Wikipedia last night looking at UK number one albums for the 70s, and I found myself at a page titled 'List of Best Selling Music Artists':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

I was baffled as to how, for instance, Kiss could be listed as a band with Claimed Sales of 100 million, when their certified worldwide sales figures (acc to the article) were only about 20 million. That's quite a discrepancy. Meanwhile Van Halen appear much further down the list even though their certified sales were around 60 million (with claimed total sales - based on some entertainment news article about Val Bertinelli's divorce from Ed as the source of that nugget of truth - of 80 million as a total).

Anyway - Wikipedia. What a bullshit list! About a dozen acts ranked higher than VH on the basis of CLAIMED sales have less certified sales than VH. But it's all the result of fans lobbying and editing in claims on the basis of the kind of unsourced statements you get in news articles. There was, amidst the endless arguments and discussions about the methodology of the list on the discussion page, another list reproduced from last.fm that had Van Halen's global figure at 136 million sold. Not a reliable source, apparently - although tabloid newspaper stories are ...

All these estimated claims are supposedly backed up from certain 'reliable' sources (ho ho) - viz., fucking news stories where some band PR - or in the case of Kiss, probably Simmons - blurts out that 'yeah, we sold a hundred million.' Bull Shit. I really doubt very much that newspapers in this day and age have fact checkers for stuff like this - even if they did, the only factual info is the ... certified sales!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Keep in mind that those figures you fired back at Trunk are certified US sales only - Van Halen sold more overseas with DLR than with Hagar as well, would be my guess. So the gap will probably be bigger than the US sales gap itself reveals.

Oh, I know, and I'm ready to fire back if he throws that up there....

VHscraps
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
It's 15 years since VH1 was certified a 10-million seller. That album probably still sells. I've bought it twice in the last year or so - the vinyl reissue and a CD remaster. It's 13 years since 1984 was certified a 10-million seller. Because of 'Jump', if nothing else, that album probably still sells to fans who are newly discovering the band as well.

Matt White
11-27-2011, 10:45 AM
This outta be good.................

Any fool knows the truth..............time for Trunk to own up to the facts

sonrisa salvaje
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
The last thing Trunk wants is to engage in a tweet war with the Roth Army. Some battles are not winnable.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
He's been answering tweets this morning, but alas, not mine....

Fairwrning
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
He fears you

POJO_Risin
11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
He fears you

Seriously...you've seen Va when he's cranky...

POJO_Risin
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
It's 15 years since VH1 was certified a 10-million seller. That album probably still sells. I've bought it twice in the last year or so - the vinyl reissue and a CD remaster. It's 13 years since 1984 was certified a 10-million seller. Because of 'Jump', if nothing else, that album probably still sells to fans who are newly discovering the band as well.

I'm sure that it's selling tons...

but in the last five years or so, the numbers are muddled by downloads...digital buys aren't figured in to standard buys...i don't believe...

TJMKID
11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
The last thing Trunk wants is to engage in a tweet war with the Roth Army. Some battles are not winnable.

Trunk is a FUCKIN' FRAUD and a Sambo Pussy Nugget Revisionist History Regurgitator. He needs to be banned from the airwaves.

Trunk calls himself a "true Van Halen fan", but then his little pea brain shuts down when asked to name all 11 VH studio albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK0KtxFFWkM

SunisinuS
11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Trunk is a FUCKIN' FRAUD and a Sambo Pussy Nugget Revisionist History Regurgitator. He needs to be banned from the airwaves.

Trunk calls himself a "true Van Halen fan", but then his little pea brain shuts down when asked to name all 11 VH studio albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK0KtxFFWkM

I agree with the too much "he who should remain nameless" bias, but hell, I shut down when I try and list the albums.....usually getting lost in the first one (On Fire) and then just continuing to stop on the second (Outta Love Again)....... Den she can make me breakfast while 1984 is playing.

:doggystyle:

Nitro Express
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
There is no real journalism anymore. I had to take a newspaper writing class in college that was taught by an old school newspaper man who covered the beat for the Honolulu Herald in the days before reporters were really glamorized. He knew his shit and we followed the Associated Press Handbook to the T. You had to be thorough, check all your facts, and cover the story in the inverted pyramid formate using as little space as possible because it all had to fit into a newspaper. I think the electronic press has made people sloppy. He used to love to call television reporters air heads. It's become a lost art.

Terry
11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
While I don't particularly agree with many of Trunk's opinions (and it IS a bit clear he's in the bag for Hagar), it is a bit surprising that he thinks Hagar outsold Roth far as Van Halen albums goes...usually the guy manages to get the bare facts correct.

sonrisa salvaje
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM

I can only name 6 myself. :drum:

Matt White
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Well...with any FArking luck.....DAVE will do TMS to hype this CD............

THEN....THEN Mr Eddie FUCKING Trunk motherfucker.....you'll be dealing with the MAN...who will NOT let that shit stand, son................

I'll believe it when I see it...if the sisters turn the Mutha of ALL Frontmen loose this time out.........

He'll put this Spammbo shit to bed....for fucking Good

Fairwrning
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Seriously...you've seen Va when he's cranky...

That and just @RothArmy would make you think hard before responding

DLR Bridge
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Dave and VH are simply going to continue to beat Sam down by acting on the very quote Hagar used to muttle to the crowd back around the time of their shitty faux live album. "What is understood need not be discussed." Correctamundo!! He knows his facts ain't facts and his goose is cooked. Anyone who wants the truth about record sales can do the homework for themselves, rather than take the word of an insignificant man.

TJMKID
11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
While I don't particularly agree with many of Trunk's opinions (and it IS a bit clear he's in the bag for Hagar), it is a bit surprising that he thinks Hagar outsold Roth far as Van Halen albums goes...usually the guy manages to get the bare facts correct.

Trunk had Sammy Pussy Nugget on "That Metal Show" a couple months ago and it was all softball questions designed not to hurt Hagar's feelings. I was waiting for Trunk to call out Sambo on some of the blatant lies he printed in his book --- such as "I was as huge as Van Halen in 1984" or "Roth-era concerts were not very tight since they were 4 solos and maybe 6 or 7 songs". Any music journalist with half a spine would've called Sammy out on that kind of bullshit, but Trunk was quite happy to waste time sucking on his nutsack and telling everyone how good Sammy looks for his age --- even though his flabby belly and cottage cheese thighs could not be concealed under that stupid t-shirt and capri pants ensemble he wears these days.

Trunk is a joke and nowhere close to being an objective music journalist. He only has a radio & TV show because he's chummy with a lot of metal and hard rock acts. He's a PR puppet and gossip spreader ---- nothing more.

sonrisa salvaje
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Va, i'm assuming Trunk never responded to your tweet so the thing to do would be to call him tonight on his 3 hour live xm/sirius show. I have gotten through several times. If you call just tell the screener you want to ask about the Van Halen reunion. If you give away what you are going to ask him he probably won't take the call.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Nah, I ain't got time for that....

Sensible Shoes
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
C'mon VA ! I'll find a way to listen if you do!

Unchainme
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't understand why hagar should even be on a show about metal.

If that's the case, Journey, Reo, Styx should all be on the show as those are his "Contemporaries". And I feel bad even comparing Hagar to the first two as they're actually really talented.

Nitro Express
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM

If that's the case, Journey, Reo, Styx should all be on the show as those are his "Contemporaries". And I feel bad even comparing Hagar to the first two as they're actually really talented.

Sam could be on a show about scrap metal. He has produced enough junk over the years to be an expert on that.

ZahZoo
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Metal alloys have become heavier than what was produced in the early 70's. Used to be Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and of course Black Sabbath were considered early metal... pretty mild stuff compared to today's Drop-D from hell, meth-infused crap... today.

jhale667
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Someone should tell Trunk to STFU with the false Spam praise... no one should enable the Flatulent one in spreading his BS...

FFS, I used to work in the record industry and regularly SAW the sales figures... NO WAY did the Velveeta years outsell the 6-pack, EVER...just didn't happen.

ThrillsNSpills
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Because there isn't a show about Milkshakes and Hallmark Cards

jhale667
11-28-2011, 02:26 PM

:lmao: And until the Colonoscopy Channel secures funding...

chefcraig
11-28-2011, 02:30 PM

Actually, there is. It's called Emeril's Table and airs daily on...yup, the Hallmark Channel. Nope, me neither.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/15/7b6250afce4fc67a1d095154b62e0d67.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/911603)

Va Beach VH Fan
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Not exactly a shocker, but Eddie never responded to me....

And, by the way, I actually like Emeril's spaghetti sauce, got a nice tang to it....

WACF
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Trunk likes to fondle everyone's balls...and he does throw soft balls at times.

Fact is though I give him props...he has said many times the David Lee Roth version is untouble...even though he loves Sam.

Still the best programmed four hour block on Sirius' Boneyard...XM's version is sadly missed.

chefcraig
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
And, by the way, I actually like Emeril's spaghetti sauce, got a nice tang to it....

Really? I find it more or less bland, and not much better than Prego. To tell ya the truth, the best jarred sauce I ever tasted was Frank Sinatra's, but sadly, it's been off the market since he passed away.

jhale667
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Not exactly a shocker, but Eddie never responded to me....

Nor did he respond to my post agreeing with you that he is full of sh*t. Not surprising.

Dan
12-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Va,Phone The Fucker,Please.:D

Carloscda
12-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Seen the episode the other day, you could see Jim Florentine frown up when Trunk made that statement, like dude you're wrong.

But I guess he couldn't correct him on tv?

POJO_Risin
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
It is intensely frustrating to see others propagate that fucking lie...

I could see if they were neck and neck...or if Hagar's version of the band put out anything remotely close to being something memorable...

but they weren't even fucking close with regards to sales...and seriously...is there ANY Hagar version that you could put into the top 20 of Van Halen's all time top songs? I can't stand the Hagar version....but if there was one...I'd remember it...right?

Isn't that the point?

So liking Hagar, or not liking Hagar isn't the deal...it's that Hagar's movie is like purchasing Prego for your spaghetti sauce...it's better than just dumping ketchup on it, but a day or so later, it all leaves you quickly, never to be heard from again...

Nickdfresh
12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Eddy Truck sounds like a massive intellectual pussy who deserves to have his balls kicked in. Only, he doesn't have any...

Diamondjimi
12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Trunk is a delusional Pussy who's never been in the Pit....

howie
12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
...is Eddie Trunk annoying to anyone else?

Not a big fan but I just finished watching Iron Maiden 666 from 2008 (very cool documentary by the way) Eddie is interviewing BD and coming off like a retard. Not the first time I've had that impression, but hey, who am I to criticize...

Sometimes I get the impression he tries way too hard - I know he does some good stuff too - Rocklahoma, That Metal Show etc

Nickdfresh
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Already a thread on this in the Main...

howie
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Should have read before I posted

TAKIN WHISKEY
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Trunk is a Sammy lovin piece of shite! And he is a goofy motherfucker too.

AJW
12-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Trunk had Sammy Pussy Nugget on "That Metal Show" a couple months ago and it was all softball questions designed not to hurt Hagar's feelings. I was waiting for Trunk to call out Sambo on some of the blatant lies he printed in his book --- such as "I was as huge as Van Halen in 1984" or "Roth-era concerts were not very tight since they were 4 solos and maybe 6 or 7 songs". Any music journalist with half a spine would've called Sammy out on that kind of bullshit, but Trunk was quite happy to waste time sucking on his nutsack and telling everyone how good Sammy looks for his age --- even though his flabby belly and cottage cheese thighs could not be concealed under that stupid t-shirt and capri pants ensemble he wears these days.

Trunk is a joke and nowhere close to being an objective music journalist. He only has a radio & TV show because he's chummy with a lot of metal and hard rock acts. He's a PR puppet and gossip spreader ---- nothing more.

Amen to that.

AJW
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
It is intensely frustrating to see others propagate that fucking lie...

I could see if they were neck and neck...or if Hagar's version of the band put out anything remotely close to being something memorable...

but they weren't even fucking close with regards to sales...and seriously...is there ANY Hagar version that you could put into the top 20 of Van Halen's all time top songs? I can't stand the Hagar version....but if there was one...I'd remember it...right?

Isn't that the point?

So liking Hagar, or not liking Hagar isn't the deal...it's that Hagar's movie is like purchasing Prego for your spaghetti sauce...it's better than just dumping ketchup on it, but a day or so later, it all leaves you quickly, never to be heard from again...

Great analogy POJO. :D

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Trunk's latest ridiculous statement....

EddieTrunk “@dwn323: @EddieTrunk which is more likely, Vince Neil sings a corabi motley song or dlr sings a van Hagar song?” good one! DLR I say
Mon, Dec 05 20:54:10 from Twitter for iPhone

You are out of your out of your fucking mind, Trunk !!!! { Monrteal '84 flashback... }

Matt White
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I watched a bit of TMS this weekend...caught some of Brian Johnson...actually sat thru some of Spam-Bot Haggis & his booze hounding....

One thing stuck out for me.....

On the opening segment...the "Top 5 List" or somesuch nonsense....

the topic was best metal video......

Eddie "I used to get my FAT-ASS Kicked in High School by VAN HALEN FANS" Trunk has "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Jon "Sperm guzzling" Bon Govi on his list!!!

And then the Dick-butler TRIES TO DEFEND the choice....the other two schmoes laugh their asses off at him.....

and then it hit me............

OF COURSE this limp-wristed Choir-boy loves Van Haggis....how couldn't he????

Hardrock69
12-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Dude wears lipstick on the show. How could he not wanna suck off John Bon Blowme, or Spammy Gaygar.

In this photo, taken by a friend of mine when he was AT a taping of TMS, Eddie Junk is probably wishing he could lick Halford's ass:

http://i39.tinypic.com/o9e6bq.jpg

Diamondjimi
12-06-2011, 03:03 AM
He already has.... :blow:

WACF
12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
To be fair...with the tweet I agree that DLR could do it before Neil.

No way Neil could pull off Corabi...DLR could pull it off on the right song.

But...regardless I responded with DLR not having too...too many kick ass Classic VH songs.

sonrisa salvaje
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
At least Neil would have some decent songs to choose from. Till Death Do Us Part comes to mind. Roth would have absolutely nothing to choose from imo on the Sam Halen end. That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard - suggesting that Dave would even entertain the thought of doing something Sammy had any involvement in whatsoever. He refused to even come out on stage with the guy on the Dave/Sam tour even with MA present. WTF?

Zing!
12-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Never seen the show and I'm starting to think that's a good thing. Trunk sounds like an ass-kissing douchebag. It's one thing to kiss Hagar's butt, but it kind of sounds like he has it in for Roth. Probably because Diamond Dave won't come on the show?

Va Beach VH Fan
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
To be fair, Trunk does give plenty of props to Classic Van Halen, and individually to DLR and EVH ... I can remember one show when the Top 5 was "Best Debut Album".... His quote was "Van Halen I - Changed the World"....

But when he claims that the Hagarita era was just as good and then goes on to claim they sold more, that crosses the line....

And still, he won't acknowledge it....

VAiN
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard - suggesting that Dave would even entertain the thought of doing something Sammy had any involvement in whatsoever.

Amen to that one...

Hardrock69
12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Well, I just sent him a line through his website:

Eddie?

When are you going to stop lying to everyone by claiming van hagar sold more albums than Classic Van Halen with David Lee Roth?

That is one of many lies told by Sammy Hagar to try to appear as if he has accomplished something by ruining Van Halen.

You don't have to believe me. Check it out for yourself.

Go to the RIAA website and look. Classic Van Halen has sold twice as many albums as van hagar. And that is only sales in the US.

Give Classic Van Halen fans an apology, and ADMIT on That Metal Show, that you were wrong to believe the lies of Sammy Hagar, and set the record straight for everyone: Classic Van Halen has outsold van hagar on a MASSIVE scale!

Roth On!

Hardrock69

You can do the same if you want:

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/content/pid/401960

Hardrock69
12-06-2011, 09:01 PM
HA! Ridiculous that Uncle Dave would have anything to do with something Spammy has something to do with?

So the 2002 Sam and Dave Tour was a mass hallucination? :hee:

Unchainme
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Well, I just sent him a line through his website:

You can do the same if you want:

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/content/pid/401960

May I be lazy and just copy paste under your own letter?

Hardrock69
12-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Sure, lol.

sonrisa salvaje
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
HA! Ridiculous that Uncle Dave would have anything to do with something Spammy has something to do with?

So the 2002 Sam and Dave Tour was a mass hallucination? :hee:

Come on Hardrock. Point taken but having a chance to co-headline a tour and kick Ed in the ass at the same time is different from going out with CVH, taking his rightful place at the helm and choosing to do a Hagar song. It would be kind of like Bruce Dickinson going to the guys and saying "can we do a Blaze Bailey song tonight?"

Hardrock69
12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Did you or did you not say this?:

That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard - suggesting that Dave would even entertain the thought of doing something Sammy had any involvement in whatsoever.

:lmao:

Oh and I agree with you completely.

I gots to make fun of statements people make here whenever possible. Laughter is the best medicine. For what I dunno. :lol:

sonrisa salvaje
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, i guess i did step on a grenade there. :doh:

Hardrock69
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Nah. More like a firecracker. ;)

1971Quarter
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I used to like Eddie Trunk until he had a poll as to which replacement singer was better - Sammy Hagar or Brian Johnson. Everyone on the set agreed that Brian Johnson clearly was a better replacement than the tequila salesman. Oh except for Trunk, who staunchly defends Hagar at any opportunity. Trunk = d-bag.

Starwood
12-10-2011, 12:55 AM
TRUNK is rock n roll royalty...on your knees when you say or write his name. Starwood and him go way back....

Dan
12-10-2011, 01:13 AM
:jizzz::anal:
TRUNK is rock n roll royalty...on your knees when you say or write his name. Starwood and him go way back....

Tail-Gunners From Way Back.:anal::jizzz:

Starwood
12-10-2011, 01:30 AM
:jizzz::anal:

Tail-Gunners From Way Back.:anal::jizzz:

Nope...Starwood likes women and so does the TRUNK. Nad, you've got to watch those postings...they reflect poorly on what I'm sure is a long practiced, closet hetero front.

Dan
12-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Nad,Is That The Best You Can Come Up With?:shagsheep:

Starwood
12-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Nad,Is That The Best You Can Come Up With?:shagsheep:

Nope...Starwood has others for you. Dan...that's just a funny name...Dan. The real question is - IS THAT THE BEST YOUR DAD COULD COME UP WITH? "I will name him......DAN!"

Dan
12-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Didnt Take You Long To Use The Mum/Dad Jokes.:rolleyes:

Starwood
12-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Didnt Take You Long To Use The Mum/Dad Jokes.:rolleyes:

hey...take that up with Pops! and Dan...damn Starwood loves saying that...Dan...love that avatar choice. Oiled up Dave w/Lats....perfect choice for you!

Dan
12-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Dave Or The Grave.:D

That's How We Roll Around Here.:hitch:

Starwood
12-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Dave Or The Grave.:D

That's How We Roll Around Here.:hitch:

Mmmm...Hitch might have something to say about that, but you would know. You joined the Army so much earlier than Starwood did. Tell Starwood more, oh wise, closeted one...tell Starwood of the Army protocols and procedures. Is an oiled-up, Dave shot the path to follow? Should Starwood look for a sexy Dave pix too? Starwood is lost and needs your help.

Dan
12-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Well,Since You have Sooooooo Much Inside Information On Van Halen,You Go First.:D

Hardrock69
12-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Is an oiled-up, Dave shot the path to follow? Should Starwood look for a sexy Dave pix too? Starwood is lost and needs your help.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. :hee:

78/84 guy
12-25-2011, 09:47 PM
The only reason people think Sam outsold Dave is because the Sam albums all went to number one the first week they were out. So it makes it look like they sold more copies with him. Shit VH1 & 1984 outsold all 5 Hagar albums. People were still interested in Ed's playing and the girls love the love songs. But all those Hagar albums faded fast except maybe 5150. It was something new & people were curious what it sounded like. Shit you can't even hardly find the Sam albums new anymore at a Best Buy or other places, but all the Roth stuff is still around.

POJO_Risin
12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think anyone REALLY thinks Hagar outsold Roth...except maybe Hagar...who has likely lied so much, he's forgotten it's a lie.

Of course...DOES ANYONE OTHER THAN US REALLY CARE???

And it's debatable we even care at this point.

Seriously...just put out a NEW album, so we don't have to rehash this bullshit...

sadaist
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I think Sam takes credit for Roth era album sales during Van hagar era. As in he brought more & new fans into the VH fandom and they in turn purchased older albums.....all off the 'strength' of Van hagar.

:lmao:

delusional fuck

sadaist
12-26-2011, 01:09 AM
perhaps from 1986-1996 more Hagar albums sold than Roth albums. Maybe that's the way he views it? Who fucking cares anyways. I want #7.

POJO_Risin
12-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Oh No...when Bette states he sold more...make no mistakes...he really believes it...

perhaps his album shoulda been called, I can't COUNT to 55...

twonabomber
12-26-2011, 01:27 AM
The only reason people think Sam outsold Dave is because the Sam albums all went to number one the first week they were out.

and that got easier in '91 when Soundscan took over the tracking of sales. seems like every major band would go #1 the first week then linger in the top ten for a month afterwards.

Nitro Express
12-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Sam probably has seen more aliens than Dave.

Heater
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
How many albums did Dave sell outside of VH? didn't each one sell less than the one before it?

Nickdfresh
12-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he had two Platinum albums and several minor hits, which is a good solo-career by any measure...

twonabomber
12-26-2011, 11:44 AM
How many albums did Dave sell outside of VH? didn't each one sell less than the one before it?

you mean kind of like Sammy's records did after he left Van Halen?

there are no gold or platinum Hagar records after his split with VH.

twonabomber
12-26-2011, 12:02 PM
i can expand on that.

DLR:

CFTH: Platinum
EEAS: Platinum
Skyscraper: Platinum
ALAE: Gold

Hagar solo before VH:

Standing Hampton: Platinum
Three Lock Box: Gold
VOA: Platinum

Hagar solo during VH:

I Never Said Goodbye: Gold
Unboxed: Gold

Hagar solo after VH

[crickets chirping]

so they're about even, throw out Unboxed because it only has two new tracks. Dave's VHS went at least Gold.

or we can put it this way:

Dave has put out seven discs since leaving VH, three of which haven't sold for shit.

Sammy has put out six discs since leaving VH, all of which haven't sold for shit.

Hardrock69
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
It is a no-brainer.

Spambot Flatulinius can't write anything more than the usual steaming piles of Gerber baby-food material.
http://i40.tinypic.com/ie4klz.jpg

His songwriting is what loser songwriters aspire to achieve.

fletch
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
totally annoying!! he's a true sammy lover...

scottydabodi
12-29-2011, 04:13 PM
My 2 cents: Eddie Trunkbutt is a moron. Someone kick him in the taint please!

chefcraig
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
My 2 cents: Eddie Trunkbutt is a moron. Someone kick him in the taint please!

Careful, you might not get your shoe back. :yikes:

ThrillsNSpills
12-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm glad Trunk got tweeted about the figures.

Twice as many albums is not a small margin.

Pretty sad that this kind of thing is perpetuated on a show about Rock music.

sonrisa salvaje
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Well,Since You have Sooooooo Much Inside Information On Van Halen,You Go First.:D

He must have left to see if Dave has finished re-recording those vocals. What a joke.