PDA

View Full Version : Holy Underwear!! A THIRD Mormon Presidential candidate (Rocky Anderson) for 2012??

FORD
11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
This one's not a Repuke though......

Rocky Anderson forms Justice Party, plans to run for president
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011 12:15 p.m. MST

SALT LAKE CITY — Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson has formed a new political party and plans to run for president.

To be known as the Justice Party, Anderson sees it as a grassroots movement that over the long term will bring about the shift in American politics that he says citizens crave.

"The people are the ones who always bring about major change in this country, and we need to provide that power to people throughout the country," he said Wednesday on KSL Radio's Doug Wright Show.

"They want to see an alternative party. They recognize that these two militarist, corporatist parties have brought us to this disastrous place to where we are today."

One of Utah's most liberal politicians, Anderson renounced his affiliation with the Democratic Party in August, saying he was fed up with it along with Congress, the Obama administration and Republicans. He reiterated that disgust during the interview.

"We've been voting as a nation against our own interests year after year," he said. "Most Americans — whether they consider themselves on the right, left, center, whatever — understand that their interests have been undermined by these folks in Washington, both in the White House and in Congress, who are acting as if they're on retainer with their largest campaign contributors rather than doing what's in the public's interest."

Anderson, executive director of High Road for Humans Rights, threw out the idea of a new political party in the summer, but said he had no plans to run for office.

Since organizing the Justice Party, he has filled out paperwork for a presidential exploratory committee. The party must also go about the arduous task of getting on election ballots nationwide. Criteria varies state to state but may include past electoral performance or a petition process.

University of Utah political science professor Matthew Burbank said establishing a new party is a "very, very difficult endeavor" that requires lots of time and money.

"I think he has kind of a long-term issues agenda, but that is separate from what it takes to get a third party up and running," Burbank said.

There is a certain level of discontent with U.S. politics and Anderson's message may resonate with some such as the Occupy Wall Street crowd, Burbank said. The party, he said, could carve out a fraction of those who otherwise vote Democrat and some independents, but not a significant number of Republicans.

"I can't see this as anything other than a very long shot," he said.

Anderson said he expects to attract disenchanted members of both parties and independents.

"I just hope we can be involved in the debate, because if we don't we're just going to be hearing a bunch of sound bites from people who between their two parties have colluded in so many ways in serving the interests of their campaign contributors, the wealthy and the powerful," he said.

"If you put passion and organization together, we can overcome any of these candidates who have all the money but really lack ideas."

Anderson said "outrageous, expensive" wars have wasted lives and tax dollars the past decade. The government, he said, has driven up the deficit, while cutting taxes for those most capable of paying them. Also, leaders have failed to provide affordable, essential health care for all Americans.

"The middle class has been decimated," he said.

E-mail: romboy@desnews.com Twitter: dennisromboy
© 2011 Deseret News Publishing Company | All rights reserved

FORD
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't know if there's a snowball's chance in Satan's living room of launching a successful third party without the repeal of Shittizens United, but I hope to hear more from this guy........

hambon4lif
11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
"They want to see an alternative party. They recognize that these two militarist, corporatist parties have brought us to this disastrous place to where we are today."

"We've been voting as a nation against our own interests year after year," he said. "Most Americans — whether they consider themselves on the right, left, center, whatever — understand that their interests have been undermined by these folks in Washington, both in the White House and in Congress, who are acting as if they're on retainer with their largest campaign contributors rather than doing what's in the public's interest."

Anderson said "outrageous, expensive" wars have wasted lives and tax dollars the past decade. The government, he said, has driven up the deficit, while cutting taxes for those most capable of paying them.Can't really argue with any of that.

Go get 'em, Rocko!!

Sensible Shoes
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Hambon get your butt into the Screennames thread, I have a question for you!

Nitro Express
11-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Rocky is a cool character. He's a Democrat (A good one) and used to be Mormon. He left the church. Many people don't know it but metropolitan Salt Lake City is a highly hispanic Democrat city. The Mormons have left for the suburbs and the hispanics moved in. That's why the church buys up land and spends billions of dollars developing it. They no longer control Salt Lake City politically so they are buying it up and building a vatican of shopping malls and office buildings. Rocky is fond of micro brews. You probably would like the guy if you met him.

I can vouch Rocky is the real deal. He was a good mayor. He really cares about people. I've personally met him.

http://youtu.be/FEzfa-Pi6sQ

Rocky going at it with that Fox slug O'riley.

BITEYOASS
12-01-2011, 12:04 AM
These Rethuglicans are going through candidates like a gold-digger foes through her sugar daddy's credit cards.

Nitro Express
12-01-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't think they ever had a protest at Brigham Young University until Dick Cheney came to speak at commencement. You have the headband wearing BYU Democrats vs. the yuppie "let them eat cake (literally)" BYU Republicans. :biggrin:

FORD
12-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Wasn't aware you could get elected in SLC without the seal of approval from Elohim Our Heavenly Father and/or His Prophet and the Quorum of 12 (or whatever it's called). Especially a "JackMormon".

Everything I've heard about Rocky Anderson as mayor of SLC was good though.... knew he was considered "Liberal" by Utah standards, but then who wouldn't be? Harry Reid is certainly no Liberal. But Rocky sounds as though he's truly on the side of the 99%, and that's always good to hear.

Seshmeister
12-01-2011, 05:21 AM
http://youtu.be/FEzfa-Pi6sQ

Rocky going at it with that Fox slug O'riley.

O'Reilly is getting even worse, an unwatchable man child oaf.

Seshmeister
12-01-2011, 06:30 AM
The huge power of the media and money will come down on him in a massive wave of bullshit.

They're already branding him as an extreme leftist when he seems to be middle of the road for anywhere else.

Nitro Express
12-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Wasn't aware you could get elected in SLC without the seal of approval from Elohim Our Heavenly Father and/or His Prophet and the Quorum of 12 (or whatever it's called). Especially a "JackMormon".

Everything I've heard about Rocky Anderson as mayor of SLC was good though.... knew he was considered "Liberal" by Utah standards, but then who wouldn't be? Harry Reid is certainly no Liberal. But Rocky sounds as though he's truly on the side of the 99%, and that's always good to hear.

Utah was one of the last territories to get state hood. Why? The federal government didn't want the Mormons to take back political control. It's what group has the majority vote. In Salt Lake City Mormons are no longer the political majority. Rocky Anderson is what we call an ex-Mormon and he is vocally critical of the church and really considered an enemy by the mainstream Mormons. Sadly the Mormon church has allowed itself to be taken over by the mainstream Republicans. That's why you always have Republican presidents and vice presidents visiting BYU and the church headquarters. It's how I got to personally meet Ronald Reagan. Through that channel. You can also get government jobs. The CIA and FBI recruit returned missionaries. So there is a tie between what you call the BCE and the Mormon church for the last 50 years. Before that the Mormon church was fiercely independent and didn't want to become part of anyone's group. Now basically you are welcomed with open arms by the Council on Foreign Relations if you are a Mormon. Job connections is one reason many people stay in the church. Get an education, make the right contacts in the church and you can make an awful lot of money. BYU is full of rich kids who live in nice condos and drive BMW's. Their parents live in places like Anaheim Hills and Irvine. The rich parts of Orange County. Utah is one of the richest states in the US now. A lot goes on there. You can make a lot of money at the cost of someone else constantly yanking your chain and you better follow orders or else. But Mormons are conditioned to do that so of course the CFR and organizations like that are going to love them. They are conditioned slaves anyways.

Anyways. Rocky Anderson knows all about all this. As you can see in his O'Riley interview he has a pair and is not afraid to back down. I mean the man stood up to the Mormon church on their turf and never waivered. Believe me, it takes balls to do that. He's a good guy who loves freedom and really cares about people and hates big brother with a passion.

Nitro Express
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
The huge power of the media and money will come down on him in a massive wave of bullshit.

They're already branding him as an extreme leftist when he seems to be middle of the road for anywhere else.

You only get media time in this country if you are a bought off politician. When I saw our local radio and television stations getting bought up and consolidated and our local newspapers bought up, I was afraid this was where it all was going. Thank goodness for the internet. We would have nothing without it but now they are gunning to censor the net. They already have boxes at every radio station so they can cut the broadcast. You talk to anyone who has worked in broadcasting for several decades they all will tell you they don't have the freedom they used to on the air.