PDA

View Full Version : Sign petition to get Van Halen to give fans some news

FredSavage
12-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Worth a try, couldn't hurt

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/news-for-long-suffering-van-halen-fans/

Va Beach VH Fan
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
What Freddy, come over here after the rousing success this was at the Links ??

LoungeMachine
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
You could get 6 billion people to sign the petition and crash the site.......and Edward wouldn't give 2 shits.

:gulp:

Is this really how people think?....."hey maybe if we do some lame online demand, my doorbell will ring"

FredSavage
12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Like I said, can't hurt. Almost at the 20 mark!

LoungeMachine
12-02-2011, 05:28 PM
20 stupid people.......

jhale667
12-02-2011, 05:34 PM
You could get 6 billion people to sign the petition and crash the site.......and Edward wouldn't give 2 shits.

Is this really how people think?....."hey maybe if we do some lame online demand, my doorbell will ring"

Uh...I have it on good authority EVH thinks we're all nuts....

FORD
12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
What Freddy, come over here after the rousing success this was at the Links ??

Well, Brett signed it. Or at least somebody pretending to be him did.

I'm just curious as to exactly which part of Florida Chino Hills (http://en.utrace.de/?query=173.127.41.241) is in.......

LoungeMachine
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
As loyal as we are and as much as we love the mighty =VH=, we can't for the life of us figure out why you have chosen to stonewall the fans

lulz

We, the undersigned, are simply flabbergasted ;)

LoungeMachine
12-02-2011, 05:40 PM

So did Sammy, for that matter........

Matt White
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
For Pete's sake..............

VAiN
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
This is up there on the retarded idea list...

Dan
12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
This Is So Sad.:(

ThrillsNSpills
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
They're with a label and the album might be out in a couple months.

Ed would tell you to get a life.

VHscraps
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Optimism is a very human trait, to be sure. It has persisted through millennia of disappointment, death and bummers, in general. And today it only flags in those fields of endeavour where hope is all but lost.

Welcome to Roth Army, friend. We already know it will probably end bad. Life, the universe and everything.

Yeah, we want he Japes of Roth, too - but instead it's been the Grapes of Wrath.

TJMKID
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Can I start a petition to have Megan Fox and Erin Andrews give me head every day ???

:bigwink:

Matt White
12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Can I start a petition to have Megan Fox and Erin Andrews give me head every day ???

:bigwink:

You'd have more success..............

LoungeMachine
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Optimism is a very human trait, to be sure. .

Not to any long suffering VH fan, it aint.......

SunisinuS
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok Ok Ok, you can Sign ONE petition on Christmas Eve, but the rest of the petitions will have to wait until Christmas Morning, and One MORE Word, and you will find some coal in your stocking! Now give a kiss to your Aunt Judith and no faces about her liver spots or goiter!

ZahZoo
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
20 people signed... well that locks it. We have a majority!! The vote passes.

Still wondering how you cuntvinced 20 trolls to click and flick...

The Van Halens will be right with you... please stand by...

PETE'S BROTHER
12-02-2011, 08:25 PM
For Pete's sake..............

for his brother's sake, too.

FORD
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
So did Sammy, for that matter........

Steve Jones too. Wonder if he's hoping the Pistols can open for VH on the next tour?

Hopefully at least one of them will have a new album out first.

Zing!
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Stopped by the local Barnes & Noble and checked out Zloz's Eddie Van Halen book tonight. After seeing that, I'm starting to think I'd rather not hear anything from the band ever again and just call it a day. Petition or not - how can they ever come close to recapturing that kind of magic? The 07-08 tour was okay in a nostalgic kind of way, but it was very scripted. It occurred to me that the beauty of a classic =VH= concert back in the day was that you never knew what was going to happen on any given night (or at least they were very good at making it appear that way). I suppose I'm sort of looking forward to seeing Dave front and center again - and mildly intrigued at the prospect of him doing the full media blitz - but as for the rest, I can hear Roger Daltry on the old 5:15 singing... "Why should I care? Why should I care?"

SunisinuS
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
No Sad Songs tonight somethings in the air!

DLR Bridge
12-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Zing. Ya need to adopt more of a that was then, this is now attitude. Progression is not about staring back at the past and trying desperately to recreate it. The band's biggest pitfalls are their time wasting and lack of communication with their fans. I agree about the '07-'08 tour. There was an unavoidable air of nostalgia that lead to the feeling that they were in some ways just going through the motions. I think it was imperative for them to get through that stage of their revamping in order to attempt something different. We have been burried by rumors and heresay from producers, musicians, reliable sources and bullshit artists. Someone once posted in here not too long ago these three simple words: expect the unexpected. As cranky and impatient I and many others can be, the amount of anticipation is so high, it's impossible to not care about what they serve up next. There's a chance that none of the old riffs we have in mind will be present. There's a chance that Dave talked the guys into trying out a horn section for a song or two. There's a chance we will hear Wolf trade off some lead vocals in an experimental way that may make some of us go, holy shit! That was different! That was pretty fuckin' cool! So don't dwell too much on the past. Good things are a comin'. I can still feel it.

Oh and petitions are as effective as putting out a house fire with a single water balloon.

Viking
12-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Worth a try, couldn't hurt

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/news-for-long-suffering-van-halen-fans/

You could have Christ and The 12 Apostles sign the fucking thing, and you know what you'll hear from Ed?

*CHIRP* *CHIRP* CHIRP*

And if he doesn't get off his sorry ass soon, that'll be the sound of his pacemaker asking for a battery change. What a self-cloistered little twat. :wanker:

FORD
12-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Holy shit, it's Viking!

I thought you fell off the planet or something?

Viking
12-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Holy shit, it's Viking!

I thought you fell off the planet or something?

Brother, I didn't fall anywhere, but sometimes I'd take a flying leap off this fucking rock if I had a place to land. Even if flat on my ass. :biggrin: I'm still here and there - life just has a way of reorganizing your indulgences. Jeezus, I'm even a grandfather now. But, just send me a horny college co-ed, and I'm sure I'll get my mojo working again. LMFAO :erection:

Hardrock69
12-03-2011, 02:00 AM
I'll be a sumbitch. Nice to see some peeps from back in the day. Slowly you all are crawling out of the woodwork. :yo:

And as far as the petition goes, so what? I wonder if spEd even knows what an "interwebs" is....much less being able to surf it, or even giving a fuck what anyone thinks about him.

Rikk
12-03-2011, 03:22 AM
This petition is fucking sad.

The only thing that will speak to the brothers is money. And if they need it badly enough, they'll release this album and start this tour.

What would Ed say if he saw the petition?

What did he say to his assistant back in '96 when the fanbase was furious with him for Roth being thrown out after the reunion debacle?

Oh yeah...that's right. "Unplug the computer."

Fucking idiot. Petitions are stupid from the get-go. But I'll sign one that gives me a chance at world peace. Or one that gives me a guarantee that five crates of rare Single Malt Scotch will be delivered to my home. Or one that guarantees me a healthy newborn baby this spring.

But a petition to plead a band to hurry up with their inevitable press release about a new album? I'd be making better use of my time getting rid of that one obnoxious nosehair that's currently tickling my left nostril.

sadaist
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm just curious as to exactly which part of Florida Chino Hills (http://en.utrace.de/?query=173.127.41.241) is in.......

There is a Chino Hills in So CA. A bit east of Los Angeles.

ashstralia
12-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Uh...I have it on good authority EVH thinks we're all nuts....

aah, so the once legendary eddie van halen who fucking pissed the last 20 odd years away on the coattails of the mighty =VH= name and made himself into a sad caricature thinks I'M nuts?

no wonder he doesn't like us. we like dave. fuck you ed. fuck you very much.

Zing!
12-03-2011, 05:22 AM
I suppose so - because I obviously DO care - that's why I came back to the boards after being away for so long. I want to be excited. I want to tell my friends: "See! I told you so!" when and if the new album comes out. And I can dig letting Van Halen's glorious Roth-era past remain in the past - it's just looking forward to what the future may hold that has me hung up. Ed and Al have silently burned so many bridges with their core fan base that it takes a seriously dedicated, John Yippee-Ki-Ay motherfucker McClane die-hard fan to give two shits about what tomorrow may bring for the once-mighty Van Halen. Or next week. Or next month. Or next year. All this anticipation and vague non-announcements at the VHND that their MAY be an announcement about when the album may come out is for sucks - particularly when Dave has been teasing us with "Get Ready..." for weeks on end. I'm ready goddammit! The motor is idling and the beer is chilling in the fridge! I think I'm starting to crack up...

vandeleur
12-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I rarely post here I normaly dont log in and just read the posts with a sad feeling of here we go again , when i do want to post i have usually struggled to remember the pissed password i have used .
But I cant resist ......
A PETITION ....WTF ?????
And I usual approve of any thing with the word tit in it .

Bad Muthafucker
12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
so did sammy, for that matter........

lol!!!!!

Brett
12-03-2011, 09:30 PM

FORD I DID NOT sign it. It's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, and of course that triggered someone to pretend to be me. People are lame.

"Tears in my eyes?" LMAO!!! Yeah right.

Peace guys.

FORD
12-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I knew it wasn't you. I didn't see the Links thread on this, but from the sound of it, he didn't get a good reception there either, so someone (probably the OP) forged your name over there. Just to clarify, I'm sure it wasn't really Sammy or Steve Jones either.

Brett
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Someone on my board told me I was on there so I actually clicked the link for the first time like 10 minutes ago. I did get a laugh at what I supposedly said though. HAHA.

Sammy may have really signed it though, so he could use it for his next interview. :)

Nickdfresh
12-03-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't think Ed would bother to clear the empties away from his computer screen to view this sappy, asslicking pile of shit "petition." And for once, I wouldn't blame him...

Unchainme
12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
sappy, asslicking pile of shit "petition." And for once, I wouldn't blame him...

holy fucking shit! lmao!

DONNIEP
12-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I just read the petition - I couldn't help myself. Sounds worse than my ex-wife begging me to let her move back home...

FredSavage
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I knew it wasn't you. I didn't see the Links thread on this, but from the sound of it, he didn't get a good reception there either, so someone (probably the OP) forged your name over there. Just to clarify, I'm sure it wasn't really Sammy or Steve Jones either.

I did not forge anyone's name.

sadaist
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
38 signatures, which just might be how many people buy a new album if these motherfuckers don't get off their asses & do some fucking publicity.

Viking
12-03-2011, 11:43 PM
38 signatures, which just might be how many people buy a new album if these motherfuckers don't get off their asses & do some fucking publicity.

Ain't that the truth. Dave is a born carnival barker and self-promoter; normally, this sort of silence would be killing him. We're talking about the mofo that recently did a bluegrass album and sang with the Boston Pops here - give him an audience and a live microphone, and he'll find an angle to work. Like he said during that R&RHOF cluster fuck: he sings for his supper. All the lawyers must have sat down at the table and buttered Dave's bread good for him to be a virtual ghost for the last couple of years. Either they've got something big up their sleeve, or VH is over.

DLR Bridge
12-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Either they've got something big up their sleeve, or VH is over.

I'm puttin' all the lint in my wallet on the former.

FORD
12-04-2011, 02:04 AM
I did not forge anyone's name.

OK. But you still lied about what state you lived in, which makes your motives suspect from the beginning.

kwame k
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
:ban:

FredSavage
12-04-2011, 07:16 AM
OK. But you still lied about what state you lived in, which makes your motives suspect from the beginning.

I'm actually moving at the start of the New Year and listed that state as my current residence, not like that should matter. And what possible "motives" could I have? This petition obviously isn't going to work, but I thought it might be a way for some fans to vent a little and it's totally harmless.

Rikk
12-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm actually moving at the start of the New Year and listed that state as my current residence, not like that should matter. And what possible "motives" could I have? This petition obviously isn't going to work, but I thought it might be a way for some fans to vent a little and it's totally harmless.

Shut up. Attention-whore.

FredSavage
12-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Shut up. Attention-whore.

Right, with my anonymous petition and five posts.

Seshmeister
12-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Name: Kali Brooke on Dec 4, 2011
Comments: Hi. I'm Kali, a crossdresser. Time was, I'd get dressed up in high heels and a short skirt, and party down down to the sweet sounds of Van Halen, knowing that every year or so, there would be a new record to get my sexy on to. Sadly, it been far too many years, and I've long given up hope that the mighty VH will put out something for this girl to put out to. I don't feel very pretty anymore, and my life has been reduced to dressing up in a babydoll & some platforms, stroking myself, and then eating the dollops of cream off my now fattened belly. Thanks a lot, Van Halen.

One of our posters by the sounds of it. :)

kwame k
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Ace Diamond?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Acetrans.jpg

sonrisa salvaje
12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought Road To Petition was a really good movie. Maybe Tom Hanks can sign it. :bump:

Jérôme Frenchise
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Petition VH on the web?

Petition VH on the web...

You CANNOT peTItion VH on the WEB!!!!...

... they just don't give a fuck! :cool:

chefcraig
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Petition VH on the web?

Petition VH on the web...

You CANNOT peTItion VH on the WEB!!!!...

Nicely played. I have the DVD of that performance on PBS in 1969, and it still blows away just about any other live clip they ever released.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/87/8af5100b987e3e0e0c4177e7c8d1021d.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/915884)

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Excuse me, but pictures of Pojo need to have his permission before you post them, thank you.....

;)

ZahZoo
12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
He's a real beardo eh..?

Northern Girl
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Pojo is much better looking!

Little Texan
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Pojo actually looks more like a certain former Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos quarterback.

http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/nfl-hair-28.jpg?w=594

Viking
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Pojo actually looks more like a certain former Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos quarterback.

http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/nfl-hair-28.jpg?w=594

Pojo's that fuckin' ugly? I've been around this latrine off and on for over a dozen years, and it's no wonder I've never seen him peek up from behind his keyboard - he looks like the acorn my dog shit after he ate the squirrel it was in. :fufu: j/k