PDA

View Full Version : EVH Factory Tour

Va Beach VH Fan
12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Courtesy VHND:

VAiN
12-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Cool video... I'm impressed that there's so much work done by hand. Nice to see Ed is getting ready to sell off some Charvels at $5150 a piece... he's all heart.

vandeleur
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
That was good , I could have watched more . Bet they have never heard the hft riff played before in there :-)

ZahZoo
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Noticed just before 9:00 they showed several of the "striped by Ed" one-offs that he plays once during a tour then auctions. Good sign... only does those when preparing to tour.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Noticed just before 9:00 they showed several of the "striped by Ed" one-offs that he plays once during a tour then auctions. Good sign... only does those when preparing to tour.

Some of those designs looked pretty cool....

jhale667
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Some of those designs looked pretty cool....

Waaaaay cooler than any of the '04 offerings...!!

Roth & Roll
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Who gives a fuck - where's the new music?

Romeo Delight
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't know anything about guitar-making, but I am quite adept at woodworking.

They are doing all the right things in terms of how they select their wood, treating it, and sanding, staining, etc.

I am impressed.

Diamondjimi
12-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Chip looks like he hasn't slept much since he started working with Ed...

Cool vid. VA!

PETE'S BROTHER
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Courtesy VHND:

my buddy chris, with his stubby little goatee :biggrin:

DLR Bridge
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Somewhere, there's a Home Depot with three aisles of shelving units missing. I paused and gawked at the striped strat bodies at 8:25. What things of beauty those three were. It looked like there were sectioned off areas on each body from the different eras the original Frankenstrat had been through. A black and white chunk here, a red, black and white chunk there. Damn. What I'd give to do a little dumpster diving at that place. A friend of a buddy of a pal o' mine made out with some body parts (you know) out of Kramer's garbage in Neptune, N.J. back in the early-mid eighties. You know what they say about one man's trash...

Dan
12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
my buddy chris, with his stubby little goatee :biggrin:

Yes,I Have Heard About This Chris Before.:D

Hardrock69
12-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Been there to the Corona facility. Got a tour of the place in 1991 when my best friend from Seattle came to LA for vacation. As we are both guitar fanatics, it was a fantastic time.

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Now I know why every Fender I ever owned had wood dust residue on the inside. They just leave the finished bodies out where they can get all covered with dust and then they sure don't clean the cavities good before they put the electronics in. Peavey had a video on the making of the Wolfgang and their finishing was done in a completely separate building. They also used a high tech painting process that cured with UV light and then when the bodies went to final assembly no dust in the body cavities. Plus, I have three Peavey Wolfgangs and the wiring is the best I've ever seen on a stock guitar. The best pots and jacks you can get neatly wired with really thick shielded wire with all the connections neatly covered in heat shrink insulation.

In fact, I've heard people complain the finish on the Fender Wolfgangs wasn't up to the level that was expected for a guitar in that price range. I can see why with how dusty that factory is.

Nitro Express
12-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Chip looks like he hasn't slept much since he started working with Ed...

Cool vid. VA!

He looks like shit. What does Ed do sleep all day and stay up all night in 5150 waking Chip up in the middle of the night yacking to him on the phone?

Hardrock69
12-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Lol. Would not doubt it.