X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matlangston
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Apr 2005

cool Eddie interview from 1985 The Guitar Show

Here's the link to it. Eddie is obviously fucked up judging by his sketchy behavior. Fidgety and off-color comments and all. He is ADD'd the fuck out kinda. Talking out of his ass. Plus his stupid pointless "black guy on the phone" comment. But hell God loves him too. Jeez!
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

he's off his tits .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Wow...and people wonder why Dave left???

THIS is the "greatest guitarist in the world"?

"Drunk & Stupid" is no way to go thru life, son..."

I'd have liked to have seen this back in 1985....would have totally made sense as to why DAVE split.........................

Who wants to deal with a drunken fool???

Comment

• Heater
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2010

Cmon Matty, how many Dave interviews are there where Dave is all fired up and acting like a buffoon? You think this was and?
        Dave pins the needle on the annoying meter in 2 seconds. Actually, most of his interviews are the same but he can make each a bit more grating tan the last, trying too hard causes this sorta thing. I think Dave saw he really wasn't the star of the show and couldn't handle being #2, became more of an asshole
        and got the boot. Formed the dlr band or just went by dlr, unchained ego finally did him in old Davey Lee Gifford. But you're right, only davey lee can have fun in an interview, like the drunk one at the US festival and his piis poor performance on stage that night. "more people got arrested here tonight than all weekend last year". Shut up and "sing"

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

I've never seen that one before. What a tool. Too many quotes to pull from in that interview to make fun of.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'll watch the video later at home, but I can imagine...

Ed has NEVER come across well in interviews. He always seems very uncomfortable in any social situation. I think he is most comfortable in a room by himself diddling his guitar...
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Heater
              Cmon Matty, how many Dave interviews are there where Dave is all fired up and acting like a buffoon? You think this was and?
              Dave pins the needle on the annoying meter in 2 seconds. Actually, most of his interviews are the same but he can make each a bit more grating tan the last, trying too hard causes this sorta thing. I think Dave saw he really wasn't the star of the show and couldn't handle being #2, became more of an asshole
              and got the boot. Formed the dlr band or just went by dlr, unchained ego finally did him in old Davey Lee Gifford. But you're right, only davey lee can have fun in an interview, like the drunk one at the US festival and his piis poor performance on stage that night. "more people got arrested here tonight than all weekend last year". Shut up and "sing"
              Ahhh Bleater...back for more....

Lets see...so much nonsense, so little time.....

Dave can indeed be scatter-brained in interviews, no doubt about it....but it usually comes across as "funny: or as a response to a stupid question...NOT because he's a shit-faced alcoholic...........

And let's get this straight cretin....Dave is ALWAYS the star of the show...its the reason the sisters hated him all those years.....

Further more....Dave QUIT Van Halen....you know better than to believe the revisionist history........

The US FESTIVAL??? The musical outing that put VAN HALEN on the map Nationally?!? Seriously? You must have rocks in your head to think that was a "piss poor" performance......."FUCK THE CONCERT...LET'S GO ACROSS THE STREET AND HAVE A DRINK I SAY!!!" The national media was in an uproar over this "foul-mouthed" rocker....and even the people watching ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT knew who the Mighty VAN HALEN was after that...........

stick to the Ronald McDonald singer kid....he's obviously more your speed...........

and yes...that's slower than "55 mph" slugger

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I remember reading an interview with Ed where he describes his meeting Clapton as a disaster because he (Ed) was shit-faced drunk at the time. You can see him pause and reflect regretfully here when he says that he met him.

He could've called Dennis a clueless asshole and that guy would've taken it. Ed put a little known guitar company on the map alright. Oddly enough, Ed chides Gibson, Charvel and Fender. Some 20 odd years later, he's working with Charvel and Fender. Kramer is now owned by Gibson.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Ed is socially retarded. What a fucking embarrassment!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                    Ed is socially retarded. What a fucking embarrassment!
                    To be honest, I think he always was. If you read those old Ed interviews he says he just has nothing to say and talks with his guitar. He also said he was glad they had David Lee Roth to deal with all the publicity stuff.

The thing is Ed always wanted to be the band leader. Now he is and look at what has happened with the band. Ed is no leader, he's a guitar player. It's the only thing he's ever been good at but he doesn't write songs and always needed someone else to put a song together.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Ed is an idiot. I can see why him and Val hooked up. She' an idiot too. An intelligent woman would have nothing to do with the guy unless of course she wanted to fleece him.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

They way he comes out and acts around Les Paul makes me cringe. What's with all the kissing Ed? Yikes!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

His immediate response of "no" to the question, are there any other guitarists out there today that interest you is obnoxious, then he follows up with not even liking his own playing. He's definitely a strange bird. The bad parapalegic remark and black guy on the phone remark definitely smacks of some dumb white high school kid who hasn't retained anything he may have been taught about respect his whole life. Makes him look like a bigger ass that he's either 29 or 30 here.

He does, however, end the interview by displaying the glorious results of a mispent youth (apologies to Ralph Kramden). I love that piece he did on the '84 tour with the guitar flipped up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            His immediate response of "no" to the question, are there any other guitarists out there today that interest you is obnoxious, then he follows up with not even liking his own playing. He's definitely a strange bird. The bad parapalegic remark and black guy on the phone remark definitely smacks of some dumb white high school kid who hasn't retained anything he may have been taught about respect his whole life. Makes him look like a bigger ass that he's either 29 or 30 here.

He does, however, end the interview by displaying the glorious results of a mispent youth (apologies to Ralph Kramden). I love that piece he did on the '84 tour with the guitar flipped up.
                            What I see is a very insecure person and to be honest, he doesn't seem to think highly of his father. Insecure people get drunk to cope. I always maintained as good of musicians as Eddie and Alex were nobody would have given those guys the time of day without Roth promoting the band. Someone has to market the operation and do the PR. Dave did a wonderful job of wallpapering over the Ed he didn't want anyone to see.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Agreed. I believe Dave tried to "wallpaper" over all of the hip surgery hulabaloo at the MTV press conference in '96, and caught hell for it. Doubt Dave ever actually said, "this night's about me, not your fucking hip". That was more like how Ed was misinterpreting Dave trying to keep Ed from sucking the air out of the press tent. Uhg. I really need to stop reliving this shit. Now I'm bringing my ass down thinking about it. Well, I just hope all is well NOW.

Comment

Working...