X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Christopher Hitchens dead at 62

This could probably go in the Front Line...

The influential writer and cultural critic died Thursday at the age of 62 from complications of cancer of the esophagus. Hitchens confronted his disease in part by writing, bringing the same unsparing insight to his mortality that he had directed at so many other subjects.
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Moving.......
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

i hope (insert deity) says something really cool to him...

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Hitchens was cool. R.I.P. (even though I don't think he believed in that sort of thing...)
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Yeah, I didn't agree with him on most things, but his views on religion were really outstanding....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Called out one of the biggest criminals in our life times.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• dazzlindino
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2009

will long be remembered
              I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Certainly a bright mind that contributed much to the human race. But for all his calling out of Kissinger and of Nixon, he totally ran shotgun for the Bushleague Adminisdoucheshun and all of their Machiavellian fraud, incompetence, and self-deception. Rumsfeld, Cheney, nor Bush were any better than Kissinger and Nixon--in fact I think Nixon was a far better and more moderate president than Bush ever was. It's nice he was an evangelical atheist--and I mostly agree with his point-of-view on that--but he was as self-deluded in his blanket defense of the Iraq War as any Christian fundamentalist wingnut ever was...

It's just really hard not to mutter the word "hypocrite" and "sellout" in the same sentences of his obituary. Sorry...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-16-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

A few random thoughts.

My overall thoughts on evangelicals is quite negative. Be it Christian, or be it Atheist, etc. I believe that it should be left to the individual to decide on their own what it is to believe, and what can be made to bring them peace in their life. When I meet a Catholic, a Jew, or a person of say, Hindu faith, that's the path they've chosen and I wish them nothing but the best in their life. Same with a person of no-faith what-so-ever.

The best that we can as a society can do is to try to find some common ground where we all can meet, and allow us all to practice our beliefs in a way that's tolerant and treated with equality.

Hitchens seems like a bright guy, and I hope that his final hours were of a not of a sense of loss, but of an accomplishment.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    The best that we can as a society can do is to try to find some common ground where we all can meet, and allow us all to practice our beliefs in a way that's tolerant and treated with equality.
                    In an ideal world, that would be great....

If you want to practice your beliefs, for as fairy tale as they all are, go right ahead.... If the fairy tales make you feel better, more power to ya.....

But that's not enough evangelicals....They want to force it into public schools, they insist on including it within government policies and politics, and I could go on and on....

Personally, I try very hard to not disrespect people beliefs, but keep them the fuck away FROM me....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      In an ideal world, that would be great....

If you want to practice your beliefs, for as fairy tale as they all are, go right ahead.... If the fairy tales make you feel better, more power to ya.....

But that's not enough evangelicals....They want to force it into public schools, they insist on including it within government policies and politics, and I could go on and on....

Personally, I try very hard to not disrespect people beliefs, but keep them the fuck away FROM me....
                      Well, and you get the flipside too sadly.

People up in arms over stupid shit like a nativity scene? That's kind of ridicolous. If someone wants to Pray in a public place, of their own free-will, and it's intent is not millitious, that shouldn't be made to be an issue. Find ways to accommodate those that are different if it's that big of an issue.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

You're putting words in my mouth, never mentioned that stuff....

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          You're putting words in my mouth, never mentioned that stuff....
                          my bad man. Was not my intent.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express

Called out one of the biggest criminals in our life times.
                            At least 2.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Y-s9AyNQyCw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Y-s9AyNQyCw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...