X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Russian Oil Rig Capsizes.....

No way to spend the Christmas Season. My thoughts go out to the people and families this affects.

Moscow (CNN) -- At least four bodies have been found and 49 people are missing after an offshore drilling rig capsized in the Russian far east Sea of Okhotsk, the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry said Sunday.

At least 14 people were rescued from the rig, which was being towed from Kamchatka, regional Emergency Services spokesman Aleksandr Ivelsky said.

But he insisted that it was too early to declare that the four people spotted in the water without signs of life were dead, since rescuers had not yet recovered the bodies.

There were 67 people aboard the Kolskaya platform, which was subcontracted to a company working for the Russian energy giant Gazprom, state news agency RIA-Novosti reported.

Two ships were on the scene, the icebreaker Magadan and the tugboat Naftogaz-55, and will work on rescue operations through the night, Ivelsky said.

Helicopters were involved in the early phase of the rescue, which was made more difficult by the storm that sank the rig, Ivelsky said. They have stopped flying for the night but will resume work in the morning, he said.

The rig was floating about 124 miles (200 km) from Sakhalin Island, authorities said -- north of Japan and northeast of China.
    It was drilling a well about 11,480 feet (3,500 meters) deep, RIA-Novosti said.

Taimuraz Kasayev, a spokesman for the regional emergencies service, told RIA-Novosti the accident poses no environmental danger because the rig's fuel stocks were hermetically sealed and would not spill.

The television channel Russia Today reported that the rig was being towed into position when pumps failed, causing it to take on water and sink.

At least four bodies are found and 49 are missing after a drilling rig capsized in the Russian Sea of Okhotsk, a report says.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sucks for the families of the dead Russians, but thank God its apparently not a repeat of the BP gulf fuckup.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Russian oil industry is an ongoing environmental catastrophe...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        The Russian oil industry is an ongoing environmental catastrophe...
        Russia is an environmental catastrophe period. I just laugh when people here in the states complain about pollution. If they want to see it go to Russia or China.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-18-2011, 11:26 PM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Sucks for the families of the dead Russians, but thank God its apparently not a repeat of the BP gulf fuckup.
          I love the BP propaganda ads they now run. Come on down to the gulf ya all and have a big heaping helping of gulf shrimp and red snapper. Ann Coulter probably will say Corexit is good for you.

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Ann Coulter probably will say Corexit is good for you.
            And s/he looks like s/he eats it daily......

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Ever notice Coulter and Michele Bachman have the same zombie eyes.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Coulter should have married Marcus. S/he's certainly more his type.
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                  And s/he looks like s/he eats it daily......

Actually it's a small rodent she ingested whole, making its way through her gullet....

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Russia is an environmental catastrophe period. I just laugh when people here in the states complain about pollution. If they want to see it go to Russia or China.
                    Or India....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                      Or India....
                      I had a friend just get back from India. He said it's an impossible country to travel city to city by road. You have to have an off road capable motorcycle or four wheel drive. Then the train system is the same one the British built over 100 years ago. It's never been modernized.

The western press touts India is one of the new economic tigers when in reality, you aren't that when you still need an elephant to travel over the potholes.

Comment

Working...