PDA

View Full Version : Dowsing Rods? Facts? Fiction? Anyone Who Says Fiction Is Full Of Shit....

Hardrock69
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
For the past week and a half I have been dealing with a clogged sewer line.

No fun.

As I live in the sticks, I am on a closed septic system. And, my house is built into the side of a hill. Sewer line runs over to an outbuilding, and from there down the hill to the septic tank (about 30 feet).

Long story short, needed to locate the line between the outbuilding and the septic tank. No money to rent radio transmitters to do the job. PVC pipe, so metal detector would not work.

So.....for the past couple of days I have gone out with a shovel and have been digging a trench horizontally across the hill. I just sighted from the corner of the building, straight down to where I knew the septic tank access port is. Did not know exactly where the line was. Just knew it was somewhere between the building and the septic tank. This place is NOT a standard home with a straight sewer line running away from the house.

So...after digging awhile today....I had a nice trench about 2 feet deep, 2 feet wide, and 8 feet long.
Frustrated of course. How the fuck can I even know I am digging in the right place? Came in the house and got on the net to research further.

Got on a forum for contractors, where they were discussing this same problem. Couple of guys posted about how their grandpas used dowsing rods to locate water wells, sewer and water lines, etc.

The old version is to get a v-shaped willow branch. These days, people use what they call "witching wire". 2 pieces of L-shaped wire held one in each hand. Short end 4" long, holding them loosely in your hands, with the long part of the "L" facing forward, parallel to each other. You can use bent welding rods, or go get a heavy-duty wire coat hanger and cut it up.

You walk along, and when you are above water, or whatever, the wires move. There are numerous youtube vids on the subject.

That is what I did....I mean, look. What the fuck did I have to lose? Tired of digging. No money for a plumber, or for renting advanced technology to locate the line. At wit's end.

What the hell.

I got a coat hanger. Cut out 2 pieces, bent them into an "L" shape. Went down to the area where I had been digging.

I held my fists tight against my chest, so the wires would not move due to any hand movement. Held them loose, with the bottom end of the short leg resting on TOP of my pinky finger in each hand, so each wire had complete freedom of movement. IF they were going to move at all. I believe stuff like this when I see it. Not before.

So I began to slowly walk horizontally along the side of the hill, parallel to the trench I had dug. I walked back and forth probably 6-7 times. Each time I got to a spot about 4 feet beyond the end of the trench, the fucking wires moved BY THEMSELVES, both of them swinging around and pointing in the exact direction of the septic tank! Each time they moved, as I walked along, it was at EXACTLY the same spot!

Again, I sez to myself, "Self? What have you got to lose?"

So I got my shovel out and began to dig.

2 feet down, the fucking sewer line was RIGHT THERE! Right where the fucking things indicated, every fucking time I walked over that spot!

NO, I did NOT move my hands. The fucking things moved by themselves!
:jaw:

There is a Wikipedia page about dowsing, and all it sez is that science cannot prove it works, that all the tests scientists have ever run on the subject have shown it all to be random chance, blah blah blah.

BULLSHIT! :mad:

IF it were so fucking random, the damn things would not have moved at the same fucking place 6 times in a row. Not to mention, I more likely than not would have dug in that spot, only to find nothing!

From what I read today, obviously this method cannot tell you WHAT is underground at any particular spot. But there are people who have claimed to be able to tell due to the actions of their dowsing rod, or witching wire or whatever, how deep the object is underground. One guy posted on that contractor's forum that he used to know an old grave digger who would use witching wires to locate unmarked graves.

It is an old folklore type-thing that has been used for centuries.

Science does not know shit.

I have always said, there is more going on in this world than meets the eye.

And I just fucking had the proof today. If I had done this two days ago, I could have saved myself a lot of digging, lol.

I stopped at the country store near my house, and mentioned my experience to the old guy who works there. He said his grandpa would use a forked branch of a peach tree.

I am here to tell you....it is not some old wives tale. Lotta folklore has some basis in fact, and this most definitely is something factual.

Yes, I am floored. Really blew my mind.

One more day of work, and I should be able to live a normal life again, lol.

Northern Girl
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
My grandpa had a well-digging business and he always used the witching rods. They would come together and cross over each other over water.

I was only 10 when he died, but I remember all of that and his big well-digging machine with the big boom that actually fell down on him and split his head open (not how he died).

I remember seeing my dad do it as well, probably putting in a new well at our house or when my brother built his house.

I don't know how, but it works.

Nitro Express
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
My grandpa had a well-digging business and he always used the witching rods. They would come together and cross over each other over water.

I was only 10 when he died, but I remember all of that and his big well-digging machine with the big boom that actually fell down on him and split his head open (not how he died).

I remember seeing my dad do it as well, probably putting in a new well at our house or when my brother built his house.

I don't know how, but it works.

A friend of my dad who was a contractor would use rods to find buried water lines. He could actually find them. It was a common practice in the old days and a lost art now.

Apparently water affects the gravitational pull of the earth and that affects the pull on the rods.

Hardrock69
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Funny how I came off as ranting.

Just irritates me when so many people want to claim such a thing does not work, when it obviously does.

I had just got done reading the wikipedia page on it, and I was disgusted with all the negativity. :hee:

I will just say, I am still amazed it actually worked, and am extremely thankful for ANY sort of miracle like that.....as my life is a big dark cloud right now. Any small ray of sunshine is very welcome.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Funny how I came off as ranting.

Just irritates me when so many people want to claim such a thing does not work, when it obviously does.

I had just got done reading the wikipedia page on it, and I was disgusted with all the negativity. :hee:

I will just say, I am still amazed it actually worked, and am extremely thankful for ANY sort of miracle like that.....as my life is a big dark cloud right now. Any small ray of sunshine is very welcome.

My sister lived several years in Peru. Pharmacutical companies would send people in to live with the native indians and see what they were using for medicine. If something was working they would find out what was in the natural plants they were using and synthesize it. So in many cases, big pharma was stealing remedies from what we call primitive people. Also, big corporations would try to buy off these people with pots and pans and then try an convert them to Christianity to control them. My sis was just in Peru and she said things are better down there than they ever have been. It seems like North America and Europe are going to shit because they have the same collusion in the banking system but outside of that, the rest of the world seems to be doing pretty good.

I sometimes wonder in this mad quest to modernize if we aren't forgetting some things we have known and if we aren't giving too much of our personal power away in the process. Don't use some wire and your natural senses. Go hire a plumber or go buy an electronic device to find the problem. I mean dousing is pretty damn inexpensive. It's like my doctor said iodine is amazing at stopping infection but nobody says to use it because nobody can make any money on it. If it's self-empowering, inexpensive and a corporation can't make money on it, it doesn't work.

I just laugh at how they push these stupid flu shots. I eat right, I exercise, I'm not stressed out and I rarely get sick. Flu shots are just another money making gimmick and they use the media to scare everyone into buying them. They have never been proven to even work.

Hardrock69
12-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I agree with you 100%.

One more tool in my arsenal of life....if I ever need to find water and I have a coat hanger, I am in. Or, I can just go the old fashioned way and get a tree branch. :D

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 03:22 AM
It's nothing more than being in touch with yourself and in touch with the environment. Most people nowadays are distracted and unaware. Hell if the electricity went off most would panic and have no idea what to do. If the people 200 years ago saw what we have become they would shake their heads and go what a bunch of weak son of a bitches. LOL!

ZahZoo
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Witching rods work... used them before a couple of times for water or sewer lines.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 08:46 AM
WARNING - Reading this thread can actually lower your IQ.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_VAasVXtCOI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_VAasVXtCOI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 09:03 AM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/q_mWZWDcqK4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/q_mWZWDcqK4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/cqoYrSd94kA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/cqoYrSd94kA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I just laugh at how they push these stupid flu shots. I eat right, I exercise, I'm not stressed out and I rarely get sick. Flu shots are just another money making gimmick and they use the media to scare everyone into buying them. They have never been proven to even work.

Flu shots have been shown to work but they are most effective for the very young and old. If you are very healthy you probably don't need to take one.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(11)70295-X/abstract

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Apparently water affects the gravitational pull of the earth and that affects the pull on the rods.

LOL! :D

I think the lost knowledge people are missing these days is a basic understanding of physics.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 11:52 AM
WARNING - Reading this thread can actually lower your IQ.

No it can save you money. You would get the flu shot and hire a plumber.:bigwink:

ZahZoo
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
LOL! :D

I think the lost knowledge people are missing these days is a basic understanding of physics.

I don't know what exact physics are involved... I'm always skeptical about crap like this. But it seemed to work when I was shown it and when I did it all on my own... without any experts to assist. Saved me a ton of labor and money twice. That was good enough for me...

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't know what exact physics are involved... I'm always skeptical about crap like this. But it seemed to work when I was shown it and when I did it all on my own... without any experts to assist. Saved me a ton of labor and money twice. That was good enough for me...

I've seen it work over and over in the construction industry. Hey scientists admit they don't even know what electricity is. We use it all the time and know how to manipulate it but we still really don't know what it is.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
No it can save you money. You would get the flu shot and hire a plumber.:bigwink:

Flu shot is free here... :)

LoungeMachine
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
My penis is a witching rod....

It's managed to find every batshit crazy one out there.

:gulp:

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I've seen it work over and over in the construction industry.

You should tell them to go and collect their million dollar prize then...

http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/

chefcraig
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
You should tell them to go and collect their million dollar prize then...

http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/

I lost all faith in James Randi after it was revealed earlier this year locally that his "partner" of the past twenty years or so was involved in an identity theft scheme, in direct confrontation of Randi's so-called ideals. Randi had to know something was up, but instead perpetuated the fiction.

'The Amazing' Randi immersed in mystery about partner's alleged ID theft

September 15, 2011|By Peter Franceschina and Jon Burstein, Sun Sentinel (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-09-15/news/fl-jose-alvarez-artist-identity-theft-20110914_1_id-theft-identity-frauds)

As a magician, escape artist, author, lecturer and self-proclaimed "charlatan," James "The Amazing" Randi has traveled the world exposing frauds and cheats who prey on people's beliefs in supernatural and psychic abilities.

There is new, confounding mystery surrounding Randi, and it has nothing to do with whether someone can bend a spoon with their mind, channel dead spirits as a medium or heal the afflicted with the laying on of hands.

Federal authorities say that the man often by his side for the past 20 years is one of the most common frauds there is: an identity thief.

The man who goes by the name Jose Luis Alvarez is an internationally known artist whose paintings have hung in the Norton Museum of Art in West Palm Beach, at Art Basel in Miami Beach and at shows in New York and in San Francisco.

Randi, 83, is one of the most charismatic, highly recognized figures in the so-called skeptic community, earning the praise of such scientific figures as Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov. He won a MacArthur Foundation "genius" grant for his work in 1986, a year after moving to Broward County. Over the decades he has mentored dozens of students eager to learn the secrets of his particular arts.

Authorities say they still aren't sure who Alvarez really is. And it is unclear if Randi is cooperating with them — he told the Sun Sentinel that the attorneys he hired to defend Alvarez have advised caution.

"Our lawyers have said we are not to comment on our knowledge or lack of knowledge. I simply cannot say anything," Randi politely tells a reporter, while recognizing he is now in the midst of an unfolding enigma. "It is good press fodder, I would say."

Alvarez, who purportedly is 43, was charged with stealing a New York man's date of birth and Social Security number in 1987 to obtain a U.S. passport. A grand jury indicted Alvarez on Wednesday on a charge of passport fraud, a crime punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and aggravated identity theft, which automatically tacks two years in prison onto any other sentence.

More immediately pressing for Randi, and Alvarez's attorneys, is securing Alvarez' release from the Broward Main Jail. Prosecutors have said they will seek to have him held without bond. A courtroom showdown is set for next Wednesday, when a judge will consider arguments for and against bail.

For Alvarez to be released, he may have to reveal his true identity, which would be tantamount to an admission of guilt.

"He's in an interesting box," said Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor who is now a defense attorney based in Fort Lauderdale. "I can't imagine a magistrate judge giving a bond without knowing who it is they are giving the bond to."

Miami defense attorney Susan Dmitrovsky, who represents Alvarez, said he is well-known around the world, and that he has strong ties to South Florida. There has been an outpouring of support from people who are writing letters to the judge on Alvarez's behalf, she said.

"They are very supportive of him, and they have known him for years. Everyone is pretty shocked the way this is going down. The art community is behind him," Dmitrovsky said.

Randi told the Sun Sentinel that Alvarez is not a threat and would not flee. "As far as I've ever seen, he's only done good things in his life. As a literally world-famous artist, he should be accepted by American society and should rightly be embraced," he said.

Dmitrovsky will have to convince the judge Alvarez won't flee if he is released on bail. That may be difficult without revealing Alvarez's identity, Neiman said.

"You could present overwhelming evidence as to his ties and that he's been in South Florida and is known and not going anywhere, but the judge is always going to be wondering, 'Who is this I have before me?'" he said.

Alvarez's alleged identity theft occurred before he first began performing to international audiences, beginning in early 1988 at the Sydney Opera House in Australia. Onstage he was "Carlos," channeling the spirit of an ancient seer in contact with other worlds.

It was an elaborate hoax devised by Randi and heavily promoted by Australian media. It was carried out as performance art, to show people how they can be easily deceived by false mystics and psychics. After the performance, "Carlos" revealed himself as a fake. The two men put on the "Carlos" performances for 15 years, and it helped shape the way Alvarez approaches his colorful, contemporary paintings, which often feature the layering of crystals.

These days, Randi still relies on the "Carlos" charade to promote his James Randi Educational Foundation, which was created in 1996 "to help people defend themselves from paranormal and pseudoscientific claims." A few years ago Randi — who is paid $195,000 a year by the foundation — filmed several videos he put on YouTube explaining the genesis of "Carlos." He has a standing offer to pay $1 million to anyone who can scientifically demonstrate they possess genuine supernatural powers.

Randi acknowledged that the arrest of Alvarez and the allegations of identity fraud have opened himself up to attack by his critics, which are legion. He said he is not overly concerned fresh attacks from paranormal practitioners will undermine his work — he has a lecture tour scheduled across Canada next week.

"I'm a magician by trade. I'm an entertainer. That gives me the ability to investigate these people who have supernatural claims," he said. "They are taking people's money, dishonestly and unfairly. They are taking their emotional security. These people have got to be stopped. I have been involved in that for many years."

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Flu shot is free here... :)

No it's not. Your taxes pay for it. Maybe you don't pay any taxes?

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
One basic problem with nationalized health care is that it makes medical services seem free. That pushes demand beyond supply. Governments deal with that by limiting what's available.

That's why the British National Health Service recently made the pathetic promise to reduce wait times for hospital care to four months [http://tinyurl.com/yugc5u].

The wait to see dentists is so long that some Brits pull their own teeth. Dental tools: pliers and vodka [http://tinyurl.com/6aux9].

One hospital tried to save money by not changing bed sheets every day. British papers report that instead of washing them, nurses were encouraged to just turn them over [http://tinyurl.com/35te7q].

Government rationing of health care in Canada is why when Karen Jepp was about to give birth to quadruplets last month, she was told that all the neonatal units she could go to in Canada were too crowded. She flew to Montana to have the babies.

My relatives in Canada say they are now paying for what the state health care used to cover. I'm just going to laugh when all these socialized medicine programs go broke and finally collapse.

Hardrock69
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM

My thoughts exactly. How they work, I dunno. Yesterday I was desperate, and willing to try them out.

Today, my sewer line is clear, I am back to a normal life, and I know for a fact Witching Wires do work.

'Scientists' can go on all they want to about how their is no evidence that they 'work'.
I would like to see them explain what happened to me yesterday. Obviously they can't.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
No it's not. Your taxes pay for it. Maybe you don't pay any taxes?

Actually what happens is that vulnerable people who could be a risk get the flu jag, for nothing based on clinical need rather than their wealth or insurers or if they have paid tax or not.

This works a lot better than you being pushed into getting one in the usual US system leading to over prescribing which in turn makes insurance too expensive.

Romeo Delight
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
My relatives in Canada say they are now paying for what the state health care used to cover. I'm just going to laugh when all these socialized medicine programs go broke and finally collapse.

Uhhh...absolutely untrue. Rationing of health care? Wrong again.

Keep telling yourselves these lies over and over and eventually you will believe them to be fact.

Is a public medical system perfect? No. Is it 1000 times better than the US model? Absolutely.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
My thoughts exactly. How they work, I dunno. Yesterday I was desperate, and willing to try them out.

Today, my sewer line is clear, I am back to a normal life, and I know for a fact Witching Wires do work.

'Scientists' can go on all they want to about how their is no evidence that they 'work'.
I would like to see them explain what happened to me yesterday. Obviously they can't.

You got lucky the first time and I'm happy for you. The reason that it then kept happening is because you expected it to as demonstrated above.

Unfortunately you getting lucky does not change the fundamental laws of the universe though.

Hardrock69
12-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Perhaps, but my expectations had nothing to do with it. I was not expecting it to work. My life is so fucked right now, what could possibly go right?
Simply walking back and forth, and every time I did, the things moved by themselves at the exact same spot.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Perhaps, but my expectations had nothing to do with it. I was not expecting it to work. My life is so fucked right now, what could possibly go right?
Simply walking back and forth, and every time I did, the things moved by themselves at the exact same spot.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

I bet you can repeat it over and over. It's a technique that has been used for a long time.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Just don't put any money into it! :D

LoungeMachine
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I always thought diving rods had about the same effect as the Ouiji Board....

It went where you wanted it to.

The power of suggestion is strong, which explains why I end up in the bar for most Happy Hours.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Uhhh...absolutely untrue. Rationing of health care? Wrong again.

Keep telling yourselves these lies over and over and eventually you will believe them to be fact.

Is a public medical system perfect? No. Is it 1000 times better than the US model? Absolutely.

We don't have long waits to get a procedure done. The only problem with our healthcare is a bunch of racketeers got involved in the pricing of it. That wouldn't have happened unless the government enabled them to do it. Now with Obamacare they have just consolidated the fraud.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Just don't put any money into it! :D

Jack Coel is a full time Dowser, some people call it water witching. Jack has been Dowsing for over 39 years and does over 400 locations a year. Jack Coel is listed in 34 telephone Directories and up to 10 newspapers. Jack travels over 70,000 miles a year to produce as much water as possible.

My mission in life is to find water. I have provided over 9,500 well sites the last 39 years, dowsing. I regularly and consistently outperform any technology, science, or part-time dowsing amateur in locating water. Large municipal or agricultural locations as well as domestic sources are identified.

Over the years, I have provided well sites for the U.S. Dept. of Interior, U.S. Bureau of Land Management, State of California, many municipalities, School Districts, many large agricultural wells, etc. I am the only full time professional Water Dowser in the western U.S. I can be found in 40 telephone directories and up to 15 newspapers in five states, and the Internet.

I charge $975.00 to Dowse per parcel. I charge travel at $50.00 per hour, one way. My fee typically amounts to the cost of 20-30 foot of drilling, sends you after your best source, and eliminates dry holes. I am coming from Upper Lake, CA in Lake County. I will consider any job, anywhere.

Reach me at Jack Coel (800) 787-2128 or (707) 350-2128 for International Calls Only.

The Wall Street Journal - August 3, 2007

George Dunfield, chief of the professional-standards unit at the California Board of Geologists and Geophysicists, says many witchers are frauds who swindle customers. But water witchers, he says, are protected by the First Amendment. Mr. Dunfield says by hiring a witcher, consumers are essentially signing onto a religious doctrine "like voodoo" and the state can do little to protect them. He says there have been a growing number of complaints recently from people who say they paid witchers to find water and were led to dry wells.

Enforcement officers from the California Geologist's board and the Contractors State Licensing Board are now planning sting operations targeting witchers and well drillers who use them, says Mr. Dunfield. While low-tech witching isn't illegal, a few witchers who purport to be scientists and use high-tech equipment such as radar to supplement their witching are violating a1968 law that bans practicing geology without a license.

All of this hasn't stopped some thirsty developers from turning to witchers as a hedge against geologists. When a group of investors call Aqua Trac LLC launched a $160 million 57-mile water pipeline project in western Nevada in 2005, they hired geologist Walt Martin to locate groundwater.

But the Aqua Trac investors also hired a witcher named Jack Coel. "We've seen dowsers find wells out on ranches where no one's ever found water before," says investor Tom Gallagher, a fifth-generation Nevadan who grew up ranching. "We just wanted to have all our bases covered before spending a few million dollars drilling."

One of the coordinates Mr. Coel provided ultimately produced a 5,000-gallons-per-minute water gusher. Even Mr. Martin, the geologist, concedes he was impressed. "He was within a stone's throw of the locations I chose," says Mr. Martin.

Albert Einstein, however, was convinced of the authenticity of dowsing.He said, "I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as theydo astrology, as a type of ancient superstition. According to my convictionthis is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument whichshows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which areunknown to us at this time."

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
We don't have long waits to get a procedure done. The only problem with our healthcare is a bunch of racketeers got involved in the pricing of it. That wouldn't have happened unless the government enabled them to do it. Now with Obamacare they have just consolidated the fraud.

We only need to wait for non life threatening stuff and of course you can go private at any time if you want.

I agree Obama care is not a good solution to your problems.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 07:59 PM
We only need to wait for non life threatening stuff and of course you can go private at any time if you want.

I agree Obama care is not a good solution to your problems.

The problem is racketeering. Let's call it a monopoly. The prices reflect that reality. We have laws and regulations to keep utilities from going the same way. In the past I guess society in the US was decent enough not to tolerate price gauging the shit out people who needed healthcare and it really was not a problem. In the 80's paying for your health insurance was no big burdon. Right about the time CEO pay started going through the roof and they seemed to always get another job after running companies into the ground the insurance situation went into skyrocketing prices. About the same time banks were getting into the derivative game because Clinton made 100 times leverage legal. The Bush/Clinton/Bush Jr. era really sold this country out. Obama is just doing the same.

I think the states are about ready to tell the feds to fuck off. I think the whole MF Global scam has awakened people to the fact the whole financial system is one big broke scam and the politically connected don't get burnt or arrested. So we will see the return of state banks. North Dakota already has one with lots of oil to back it. Wyoming can do the same. We just got ranked the best ran state in the US with the highest bond rating. California is a basket case due to the political corruption but it's still a huge economy. If they can clean house there and get a state bank backed by the economy of California they have something. I think we are all seeing the Federal Reserve is stealing from us and offering nothing but more debt.

So it will be interesting. Things will just go more local as far as financial services go and so will the healthcare. Obamacare was broke before it got started.

Nitro Express
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
What's interesting is the news never covers Iceland, Ireland, or Spain. Those countries are claiming most the bank debt they owe is a fraud and refuse to pay it. I mean unless the bank can militarily force you to pay they can't do a damn thing. Look at Italy and Greece. The EU basically took over those countries throwing off the elected presidents. What gives them the right to do that? Even with that move the EU continues to fail. There's not enough reality left to make anyone take it seriously. It's all going to go to who has real assets and who doesn't. The paper manipulation has gone too far.

The healthcare prices will eventually adjust to what people actually can afford. Inflated prices never last especially in a financial quagmire like this. The only thing keeping the Federal Reserve Dollar from hyperinflating is the Fed won't loan the money to the average person. They just trade it amongst the big banks and rally Wall Street. That is why you have the wierd situation of no jobs, a rallying stock market, and no hyper inflation when the Fed is making dollars like mad. That isn't free market at all, it's fascist games and it's unsustainable. They need some excuse to try and crack down and bully the citizens around now. That won't work either. They don't have enough muscle to do it.

Seshmeister
12-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Iceland is a tiny country.

More people live in Tampa than in Iceland. Even I used to be puzzled at how this little place was going around buying everything up, turns out I was right to be and it was largely due to corrupt economists in places like Yale effectively being bribed to give them A+++ credit ratings.

Hardrock69
12-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Thing is.....skeptics claim that somehow a person's nervous system has something to do with it or whatever.

Well, the wires were sitting loose in my fists, and I made sure to hold my fists tight against my chest, so my hands were not moving.

My nervous system is not so well-developed that I can move objects just by thinking about it. No, the Ways of The Force are WEAK in this one.

But even if I could move the wires by thinking about it, or by a reaction of my nervous system, I still did not know where the sewer line was. So there was no way I could have caused them to move at the same exact spot every time I walked over it. I mean, sure, IF I could make them move just by thinking about it, I could have chosen some spot at random and made them move every time I walked over it. But that would be self-defeating. I was doing it so I would not have to dig any more than I had to. And picking some spot at random, well, out of 45 or so feet (the length of my shed), the sewer line was 6 inches in diameter. How many times would I have to pick a spot and dig down 2 feet before I found it?

So the way the wires moved, when they moved, where they moved....had nothing to do with me, what I thought, etc.

So yeah. Luck? Perhaps. But centuries of success indicates something more.

It disgusts me that people tend to view socialized healthcare as somehow "communist". In the literal sense of the word, it is "communist", but that word only means a "communal system".
As pointed out above, the racketeering is hurting our country something fierce. It would take a dictator to seize power, and dismantle the healthcare-for-profit system. Otherwise, it will never happen, as the healthcare conglomerates own too many bankers and politicians.

Nitro Express
12-20-2011, 01:45 AM
My mom grew up in southern Utah. It's one of the most driest parts in the country and my grand father was a douser. He never charged but people from all over would want him to come to see where to sink the well. My dad was in construction and he was always going to various construction sites. I was stuck with him one day and at this job site there was this guy walking with two rods very carefully and then he would paint a mark on the ground. I asked him what he was doing and he said marking the water lines. You would see it in cartoons using a forked stick to find water but I thought that was just make believe. Then I saw this guy doing it for real on a job site where hitting a pipe would be bad news and costly. I asked him how it worked and he wasn't sure, he thought that maybe the water in the ground had a slight affect on the earth's gravitational pull.

One of those strange things. From the comments in here it looks like I'm not the only one that has seen someone do it successfully.

Nitro Express
12-20-2011, 01:54 AM
It would take a dictator to seize power, and dismantle the healthcare-for-profit system. Otherwise, it will never happen, as the healthcare conglomerates own too many bankers and politicians.

You just make the health care local. By consolidating it you just make it a monopoly. It's all about management and the federal government is totally corrupt so why do I want those bozos running my healthcare? I would rather have my local county run it. The key to solving the problems in the US is to make things more local. If every state had their own state bank the Federal Reserve couldn't compete with that. The Federal Government is a failure so I say we put it back into it's proper place in the District of Columbia and let the states run their own affairs like they were supposed to do to begin with. As soon as the Federal Reserve got involved in the federal system it became the endless tit for local governments to suck off of and they sold themselves out. I mean the losers are trying to saddle us with their debt. The Federal Reserve is basically broke and so is the IMF. It's a joke.

It's real assets folks. It's water, the ability to grow food, energy, anything that supports life or makes life better. Not paper produced by a bunch of con artists posing as central bankers. All they want is to get everyone in debt to them because their money costs them nothing to produce. It's a total scam.

Hardrock69
12-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Well, what you do is use dowsing rods to diagnose illness.

That will solve everything. :D

ZahZoo
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
My theory on metal dowsing rods is it's related to electro-magnetic fields... water is a good conductor. People are mostly water and we're good conductors and small scale generators as well. My thinking... which is always questionable... just ask my wife... is the metal is reacting to some sort of low level electro-magnetic variance caused by the presence of a concentration of water.

I have no idea why sticks... ie wood could work as it's more of an insulator than conductor unless it's freshly cut with a high water content in it...

Now for a real world mystery... my favorite place is the Mystery Spot. I grew up in that area and have visited it a bunch of times. Mind boggling...

chefcraig
12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
We have one of those here in Lake Wales, Florida. Unlike the Mystery Spot, I'm pretty sure this is caused by some sort of optical illusion taking place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiXSDNWQ_6Q&feature=related

Seshmeister
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
My theory on metal dowsing rods is it's related to electro-magnetic fields... water is a good conductor. People are mostly water and we're good conductors and small scale generators as well. My thinking... which is always questionable... just ask my wife... is the metal is reacting to some sort of low level electro-magnetic variance caused by the presence of a concentration of water.

I have no idea why sticks... ie wood could work as it's more of an insulator than conductor unless it's freshly cut with a high water content in it...

What a pile of cock. :D

ZahZoo
12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Reminds me of a few golf greens that drive me nuts trying to read...

Mystery spot isn't just optical. Science folks have been studying it and trying to figure it out for over 65 years. They let you bring your own level and measuring tape in... It defies known physics. Plus the trees in the spot area grow in a really strange corkscrew shape. Something you just don't see in redwoods much.

ZahZoo
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Quit talkin dirty Sesh and go get you you a couple of coat hangers. Might even help you find the "Lou" when you've tied good drunk on... ;)

LoungeMachine
12-20-2011, 05:38 PM
What a pile of cock. :D

Somewhere, Shoes' ears just perked up......

Seshmeister
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
We have one of those here in Lake Wales, Florida. Unlike the Mystery Spot, I'm pretty sure this is caused by some sort of optical illusion taking place.

When I take a shit it falls from my ass into the toilet.

That's as big a mystery as that. What is wrong with you people? :)

chefcraig
12-20-2011, 09:38 PM

The video clip simply doesn't do the effect justice. Having driven to the spot and experienced what takes place myself, it is disorienting as hell. But like I said, because of the outlying area's topography, your car does indeed appear to be traveling uphill.

ZahZoo
12-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Nothin's wrong... Although culture and life style as a teenager in the 70's in America might have a little to do with all this...

So you never came across some old Scottish hillbilly that could dowse or do things that weren't simply explained?

Seshmeister
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
The video clip simply doesn't do the effect justice. Having driven to the spot and experienced what takes place myself, it is disorienting as hell. But like I said, because of the outlying area's topography, your car does indeed appear to be traveling uphill.

Yeah there is a place here like that too, it's not that uncommon, just an optical illusion as you say.

Seshmeister
12-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Nothin's wrong... Although culture and life style as a teenager in the 70's in America might have a little to do with all this...

So you never came across some old Scottish hillbilly that could dowse or do things that weren't simply explained?

How wi-fi works is not simply explained but it is explainable with a bit of effort. We know dousing doesn't work because every time it is tested properly it doesn't work and making up pretend nonsense that includes scientific words won't change that fact. :)

Seshmeister
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM

It may amuse you to know I passed out and spilt vodka in my ear about 5 minutes after making this post.

I commuted to London and back yesterday by train after 2 hours sleep the night before which is not to be undertaken lightly...

ZahZoo
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Which brand of Vodka works best for an ear douche?

Hardrock69
12-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Saw a documentary on the Mystery Spot some years ago. Talk about a freaky place! But then, Native Americans have been aware of it for centuries, of course.

Seshmeister
12-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Which brand of Vodka works best for an ear douche?

I can't even recommend the good stuff, it was quite Hagarish i.e. annoying and ineffective.

ZahZoo
12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I had a buddy who was a tour guide at the Mystery Spot back in the 70's. We used go hang out there for hours and try to figure that place out... nothin beats scientific exploration combined with Colombian Gold by a few idiots on a Saturday afternoon... no matter we had fun...

ashstralia
12-24-2011, 04:43 AM
i love it when brother sesh comes and preaches the truth to the unbelievers! it's almost like...

hang on...

Angel
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
My relatives in Canada say they are now paying for what the state health care used to cover. I'm just going to laugh when all these socialized medicine programs go broke and finally collapse.I'd be curious to hear what those charges are. Some provinces have dropped some things that never should have been included in basic health care anyway.