PDA

View Full Version : New Thread - Tag Errors

ZahZoo
12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Seems the board software has some regular challenges when creating a new thread with more than 5 words in the title. Appears there's a limit setting to 5 tags... which is fine. But if your title is more than 5 words it takes them all and then errors... forcing you to edit the tag field down. Sometimes more than once.

Also noticed it truncates a word or two then complain that the tag must be at least 3 characters...

I know... quit with the lengthy titles, ZahZoo... but I'm just sayin...

First pass on this one had the following stupid gripe...

Tags cannot be overly common words (New).

(New,Thread,Tag,Errors)

Little Texan
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I just delete all of the tags when it does that shit to me.

Hardrock69
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I have bitched about this from the word go.

I should be able to submit my post and be done with it. I don't give a fuck about tags, and am not interested in entering tags or anything beyond what I posted.

So have to fuck with the error shit is just one extra unnecessary step I have to take.

Diamondjimi
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I just delete all of the tags when it does that shit to me.

Same here...

Sensible Shoes
12-23-2011, 11:12 PM
me too

Hardrock69
12-24-2011, 04:08 AM
Ha...I do too. Don't have a choice.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd love to resolve it, but at this point, I'd say that if I had an option on what to do primarily, it would be to upgrade the VBulletin software to the latest version....

I can't do that arbitrarily though, it would need both a Sarge approval and donations if $$$ is required for the upgrade software........

chefcraig
12-24-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd love to resolve it, but at this point, I'd say that if I had an option on what to do primarily, it would be to upgrade the VBulletin software to the latest version....

I can't do that arbitrarily though, it would need both a Sarge approval and donations if $$$ is required for the upgrade software........

And that still doesn't guarantee all the bugs will be fixed. This entire vbulletin 4 platform has been a mess since day 1. Every site using it has run into issues, and even a handful have reverted to earlier versions, which vbulletin doesn't always offer support for.

Nickdfresh
12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Can the tags feature be just turned off or made optional?

Va Beach VH Fan
12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Can the tags feature be just turned off or made optional?

Let me check that out....

I agree though, the feature isn't used much at all from what I can tell....

Va Beach VH Fan
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
OK, there we go....