PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year from the Roth Army...

POJO_Risin
01-01-2012, 12:48 AM
It's hard to believe that it's the start of 2012...marking the 12th year I've been a webmaster here at the Army, and the thirteenth year that the Army's been open in one form or another.

With that said, it really appears as though we are on the precipice of perhaps the greatest year to be a member here at the Army...

Van Halen is back, and while not at their full majestic quartet, as close as it's likely to get before we all push fucking daisies. The Mighty David Lee Roth is fronting this band once again as a clear full-fledge member of the band...new album...new tour...

When this site started, Sarge and I talked a lot about this place being a place where we could all pull up a chair, have a fucking beer, listen to some ball-to-the-wall music by the showstopper...the master of ceremonies...Diamond David Lee Roth...

We've had all kinds of shit here, but at the center of it all has always been one constant...you...hell...us...

We're fans...period...end of story...

People often say, "The Roth Army should become the official site of David Lee Roth..."

Know this...we likely could have some time ago...but to become the official site, certain liberties would be taken away...and the last thing that this site is ever going to become is some self-serving, bastardization of what we SHOULD be...what we are...and always will be...

...a corner bar where every fucking Roth fan can come and have a drink...

...and fuck it...we ARE the official word of David Lee Roth...

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Army...to all of you that are full-fledge, beer swillin', muskrat killin', Classic Van Halen chillin' soldiers...

Heaven help us all indeed...

Halen High
01-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Happy New Year from Down Under everyone! And what a year it's going to be......

fryingdutchman
01-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Happy New Year one and all!!

And thanks to all of the webbies, mods, and Army soldiers both past and present who make this place the fucking KING of all sites devoted to the Toastmaster General of Rock N' Roll....David Lee Roth.

You crazy bastards make my day (most of the time!)...and I hope to finally meet some of you during the tour!

Roth On!

mohican
01-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Happy New Year! Thanks, Pojo, for this site. This was the place where I first heard news of the vh site updates, and this was where I first saw DLR's exclusive video. You guys are great. I can't believe this is all happening. Every day we're getting gold nuggets from Dave and vh. Good times, good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIP7ySBXBg

hitch1969©
01-01-2012, 01:26 AM
It's hard to believe that it's the start of 2012...marking the 12th year I've been a webmaster here at the Army, and the thirteenth year that the Army's been open in one form or another.

With that said, it really appears as though we are on the precipice of perhaps the greatest year to be a member here at the Army...

Van Halen is back, and while not at their full majestic quartet, as close as it's likely to get before we all push fucking daisies. The Mighty David Lee Roth is fronting this band once again as a clear full-fledge member of the band...new album...new tour...

When this site started, Sarge and I talked a lot about this place being a place where we could all pull up a chair, have a fucking beer, listen to some ball-to-the-wall music by the showstopper...the master of ceremonies...Diamond David Lee Roth...

We've had all kinds of shit here, but at the center of it all has always been one constant...you...hell...us...

We're fans...period...end of story...

People often say, "The Roth Army should become the official site of David Lee Roth..."

Know this...we likely could have some time ago...but to become the official site, certain liberties would be taken away...and the last thing that this site is ever going to become is some self-serving, bastardization of what we SHOULD be...what we are...and always will be...

...a corner bar where every fucking Roth fan can come and have a drink...

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Army...to all of you that are full-fledge, beer swillin', muskrat killin', Classic Van Halen chillin' soldiers...

:hitch: amen, brother pojo. :hitch:

VAiN
01-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Happy New Year to everyone here at the Mighty Roth Army!! I feel like 2012 is going to be a great year!

DONNIEP
01-01-2012, 01:39 AM
2012 will be the year to be remembered!!! We have waited, searched and hoped for a new VH record since Dave decided to split - and who the fuck could have blamed him??? Dave was on top of the world and had the entire world eating out of HIS hand!!!

Jetstream
01-01-2012, 01:49 AM
In the strange world which is the community of Facebook, they have this little meter which cites how many people are talking about something on all the profiles. Someone play me some music with some Muzak quality, like that little ditty by Van Hagar entitled Right Now for some voice over....that's it, but could could someone turn down the level on that poser singing...ok, that is better. Right now Spammy Hagar has 1,720 people taking about his profile, Chickenshit has 1,626 (1,500 of those must be for Michael Anthony and all the crying Hagar fans are using as an excuse to post on Van Halen sites, which actually translates to Sammy wishes he had Eddie back), Van Halen 46, 127 and the Diamond One who just started a Facebook account a few weeks back 2,044. So right now Hagar fans "is your tomorrow", time to "Dream Another Dream" because eventually your motto will be "Don't tell me what love can do" in 2012. Now I must do some more painful research into Van Hagar and figure out what the hell Sammy is talking about in the song "Not Enough". I don't know if it was for a light beer or a tampon commercial. Words like 'naturally' and 'not enough', definitely a tampon commercial. LOL Thank you for your site DLR Army concerning all things David Lee Roth :)

TJMKID
01-01-2012, 01:57 AM
2012 is Year of the Apocalypse ---- but at least Sir Diamond Roth of Pasadena will be scissor-kickin' to the very bitter end ---- in the farthest reaches of the globe!

BTW, what ever happened to the Slawterhouse website ??

DLR Bridge
01-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Happy New Year to everyone in here! Though I've only been a part of the Roth Army for a short while, I've been a Van Halen fan since the midgets groped the tranny. If I'm not mistaken, that's 30 friggin' years! In any case, I find most of you to be far more friendly and entertaining then anyone I've ever met elsewhere on the web. I look forward to a prosperous, healthy, fun filled year for us all, and just as Fryingdutchman said, I hope to meet some of you in person at a show! Peace and ass-kicking!

Diamondjimi
01-01-2012, 03:27 AM
:hitch: amen, brother pojo. :hitch:

Exactly!

Welcome back #2 :hitch:

Dave's Bitch
01-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Happy new year to all my army brothers and sisters.This is gonna be a good one :)

Angel
01-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Thank you Roth Army (and of course the old Diamonddavidleeroth.com). We've been coming together for SO many years, and we've laid out a lot of shit in the process, lol. I still remember my first encounter with SLAWTERHOUSE and the Army. Taking 15 minutes to load a page on the shitty dial up at work. Reading forum posts and wondering what the fuck are these people talking about??? Grimsdale, Hitch, Flappo, F.O.R.D., Sesh, Von, Sarge... all these crazy people talking crazy shit!!

Flash forward a few years, and a faster connection at home, to discover Slawter gone, and can't find that Roth Army that I'd found once before. But I found DDLR.com. It took a thick skin to be a woman on these boards, and my already thick skin got even thicker for being here. Had some great pissing matches with some members, witnessed some really crazy people coming and going (shhhh....remember beetlejuice!). Hell, some years ago I even had an extremely nasty and public fucking breakdown on these boards...and I was forgiven.

The Army is family. Nobody else understands the passion behind the words "Dave or the Grave", or how hearing a new album is finally going to be released can make a bunch of *ahem* old farts feel like they're 18 again!!! Happy Fucking New Year Army...our time has finally fucking come!!!!
:first::lookie::love:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2012, 09:47 AM

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Well said, my friend....

justluvvanhalen
01-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Happy new year to you! Love the Jim Morrison profile pic. Big Doors fan too! Do you think DLR checks the messages here on occasion or is he just too busy right now since VH is now rehearsing and they're getting ready for the tour? I have a question to ask him and I'm trying to settle a debate I'm having with some people and honestly, I'm tired of going to stupid sites like wikipedia, etc. (which often provides inaccurate info anyway) for information. I also wanted to wish a happy new year to all of the DLR fans out there!!! Dave rocks and is one of my true music and personal idols! He has really inspired me and so many other fans out there, I'm sure.

Regards,
justluvvanhalen (Carrie)

POJO_Risin
01-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Roth and Roth's management team absolutely check out this site with some regularity. That said, I'm relatively certain that Roth won't answer any questions that are posed here, and in general, on any site.

However, we do have a vast array of meaningless Roth knowledge...so perhaps we can answer your question....

either way...welcome to the site...

scottydabodi
01-01-2012, 11:12 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, you bunch of sick fucks!!!!!!!! DRINK UP and ROTH ON!!!!!:gulp:

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Happy New Year to everyone here at the Army. It's going to be a very good year indeed!

ToraToraTora
01-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Happy New Year to one and all. Dave's guys should get on to the chinese government and get them to make 2012 the Chinese Year of " VAN FUCKIN HALEN" instead of rabbit or goose or whatetver the fuck it is! :)

Terry
01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Looks like it's gonna be a good, productive year, both for Van Halen and beyond.

Shit, the Van Halens and Dave have collaborated and created a new full length album. Not a couple of tracks for a Best Of. AND they're taking it on the road.

New music AND a tour, not one or the other.

Must be just like living in paradise.

Bit of a shame that Anthony isn't there with them, but what the band has lined up in store for this year is gonna potentially be a good tonic to counteract some of bitterness I felt coming off the results of the last tour (no new music, no Anthony, Ed not 100%).

I ain't talking about a revolution...I'm talking about having a good time...I dunno what's gonna happen, man, but I wanna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames all right...ALL RIGHT!:rockit:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Roth and Roth's management team absolutely check out this site with some regularity. That said, I'm relatively certain that Roth won't answer any questions that are posed here, and in general, on any site.

However, we do have a vast array of meaningless Roth knowledge...so perhaps we can answer your question....

either way...welcome to the site...

Yup.... Even before the DDE rep actually contacted me, the rep informed me that they had been lurking for quite some time....

Which is kinda cool.....

Tiki-Tom
01-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Happy New Year everyone! ....and what a year its shaping up to be.......:)

Southpaw
01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
a happy n healthy new year to all !!! Lookin foward to everything DLR/VH in 2012 :thumb:

Nickdfresh
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I woke up this mornin' and got myself a beer.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near...

Happy New Years...

Dan
01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I Feel The Love In This Thread.:D

Happy Kiwi New Year To You All.:D

BTW..........................Pants Off.:hitch:

vandeleur
01-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I woke up this mornin' and got myself a beer.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near...

Happy New Years...Some of my fav lyrics........ all the best army and roth on !!!!

kwame k
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
1st hangover of 2012 is epic..........

Might have to start drinking again to just feel better!

From what I've been able to piece together.......I guess I had a good time!

Happy New Year, people!

Nitro Express
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
1st hangover of 2012 is epic..........

Might have to start drinking again to just feel better!

From what I've been able to piece together.......I guess I had a good time!

LOL! Reminds me of this.

Happy New Year, people!

Nitro Express
01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
If you really wanted to take over the world. New Years morning would be perfect. Everyone would be too drunk and hungover to do shit about it.

kwame k
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Why, oh why did I drink so much?:sick0020:

Floridaman1985
01-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Happy New Year!!!

For the past week or so, I've felt just totally satisfied. Similar to how I feel after in the moments/days after the Florida Gators win a big game, after I achieve a major goal and after "rounding the bases." This just keeps getting better too with each announcement / new tid bit of information. It has been far too damn long and I've only cared since 1999 (when I was 14 and first discovered VH for myself).

I've lurked on this site off and on since 2000 and posted a little bit under various forgotten user names. It is definitely one of the best sites on the net and has helped keep my hopes alive for new VH.

Sensible Shoes
01-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Yup.... Even before the DDE rep actually contacted me, the rep informed me that they had been lurking for quite some time....

Which is kinda cool.....

Makes me hope I didn't represent as a TOTAL ASSHOLE during that time. :D

PHOENIX
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Hello old friends. Happy New Year to you all. I havent posted or swung by this site in a long time. The new album cover looks kick ass.

Northern Girl
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Holy shit! Another old-timer surfaces! Where the hell is Rustoffa?

Phoenix - I hear that's not the copy of the album cover, but it has something to do with it ??? We shall see...

I think I have to take a few days off from all this news. Getting tired of reading all the comments on FB and VHND, Blabbermouth, etc. It's unbelievable how many people have no clue and just talk out of their ass!

Happy New Van Halen Year to all!

Northern Girl
01-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Per VHND:

ALBUM COVER HINT: Regarding the train graphic, we asked the VH camp if that image was the album cover. They said it is indeed “based on” the album cover.

POJO_Risin
01-01-2012, 05:29 PM
PHOENIX, you old ballbuster...good to see you up and kicking. Christ, the news is bringing all the old schoolers back...

POJO_Risin
01-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Well...after years of hearing nothing, I won't believe a damn thing until I buy the album...cd...download....whatever.

There's a good question: What format of the album are people going to purchase? Can't imagine not buying a cd or album, so I can look at liner notes...

POJO_Risin
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
What the fuck am I talking about...I'll have the damn thing downloaded the second it's possible...and I'll end up with the cd, and th album...and everything else I can get my fucking hands on...

Fuckers...

DLR Bridge
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll have the damn thing downloaded the second it's possible...and I'll end up with the cd, and the album...and everything else I can get my fucking hands on...

...Fuckers...

Yep. They own us like that, don't they?

Jimmy Jingles
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Happy new beers everyone...been too long. All this DLR/Van Halen news makes me chubby in 'da crotch. What up Northern Girl?

Diamondjimi
01-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Welcome back Jingles! :thumb:

lesfunk
01-02-2012, 01:27 AM
konichiwa, bitches!

Hardrock69
01-02-2012, 02:07 AM
WOW! PHOENIX! WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Man.....I have been blown away by the number of old timers who have shown up again in the past few days.

Fucking amazing!

Oh and Pojo, well done man. You said it all.

The mission statement for the fucking Roth Army!

Northern Girl
01-02-2012, 02:26 AM
What up Northern Girl?

There's nothin' up Northern Girl at the moment! She's going to sleep now. LOL

Good to see you, JJ!

philouze
01-02-2012, 06:58 AM
I don't wanna be too sentimental (not my kind, bitches), but I've always felt at home here. Really. So yeah, I haven't posted for a while, but fuck, I've had some of my greatest laughs here. PoJo, you said everything I needed to hear (read). Makes me more comfortable and safe.
I love y'all.
Happy New Year, everyone.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, BITCHES !!

ZahZoo
01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Happy New Year Y'all...

Gonna be a great year... goin nomadic and will soon bid the upper mid-west good bye and they can kiss my ass!! Back to southern skies, the lake and year round golf. The 3/4th's Mighty Van Halen appears to be coming out of the cave and off Howdy Doody Mountain... that's somethin to smile about.

Best to all you bastards and humans...

THEDOCTOR
01-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Happy New Year to everyone! Up with the skirts and down with the drawers ,lets get those nickers showing and the happy times flowing!
2012:The Year Van Halen Made Contact!

Etienne
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Happy New Year to all of you! It seems 2012 could be a great Van Halen year.

Full Bug
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Happy New Year everyone, its gonna be a year we will never forget! :hippie:
By the way, anyone know how Sarge is doing? I haven't seen him around since I have been back....

jhale667
01-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Happy New Year RA peeps! :baaa: It's hard NOT to feel positive about 2012!!

High Life Man
01-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Best 2012 to all of you! Good to see some old names back in the fold. Hard to believe we've been at this for 15 years.

Angel
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree HLM...Holy shit, it has been 15 years, hasn't it? Mind you, I was just a lurker at Slawter & the original Army, but been a regular poster since 2000...It's awesome to see all these old school names popping up...

Now, would someone please explain what led me back? I hadn't heard any news yet, I just happened to think to myself, hey, you're on a break with no studying to do and no papers to write. Time to check out the Army. Now, WHY didn't I log in when school ended on the 16th? Why didn't I log on ANY day before December 26th??? I have NO IDEA, but all I can say is HOLY FUCK, DID I EVER PICK THE RIGHT TIME. I guess the Army is in my blood and I just knew it was time for a visit. :D

jharp84
01-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Happs New Year to tha friends I truly luv! Peace & Health - VH 2012 - Surreal!!!!! Juice

Dan
01-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Happs New Year to tha friends I truly luv! Peace & Health - VH 2012 - Surreal!!!!! Juice

Damn,Old School In Da House.:D

jero
01-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Welcome back then

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Unsticky to unclutter Main before the storm...

GennyVH
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Happy VAN HALEN's year to everyone!!! ;)