X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Happy New Year from the Roth Army...

It's hard to believe that it's the start of 2012...marking the 12th year I've been a webmaster here at the Army, and the thirteenth year that the Army's been open in one form or another.

With that said, it really appears as though we are on the precipice of perhaps the greatest year to be a member here at the Army...

Van Halen is back, and while not at their full majestic quartet, as close as it's likely to get before we all push fucking daisies. The Mighty David Lee Roth is fronting this band once again as a clear full-fledge member of the band...new album...new tour...

When this site started, Sarge and I talked a lot about this place being a place where we could all pull up a chair, have a fucking beer, listen to some ball-to-the-wall music by the showstopper...the master of ceremonies...Diamond David Lee Roth...

We've had all kinds of shit here, but at the center of it all has always been one constant...you...hell...us...

We're fans...period...end of story...

People often say, "The Roth Army should become the official site of David Lee Roth..."

Know this...we likely could have some time ago...but to become the official site, certain liberties would be taken away...and the last thing that this site is ever going to become is some self-serving, bastardization of what we SHOULD be...what we are...and always will be...

...a corner bar where every fucking Roth fan can come and have a drink...

...and fuck it...we ARE the official word of David Lee Roth...

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Army...to all of you that are full-fledge, beer swillin', muskrat killin', Classic Van Halen chillin' soldiers...

Heaven help us all indeed...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

Happy New Year from Down Under everyone! And what a year it's going to be......

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Happy New Year one and all!!

And thanks to all of the webbies, mods, and Army soldiers both past and present who make this place the fucking KING of all sites devoted to the Toastmaster General of Rock N' Roll....David Lee Roth.

You crazy bastards make my day (most of the time!)...and I hope to finally meet some of you during the tour!

Roth On!
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• mohican
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

Happy New Year! Thanks, Pojo, for this site. This was the place where I first heard news of the vh site updates, and this was where I first saw DLR's exclusive video. You guys are great. I can't believe this is all happening. Every day we're getting gold nuggets from Dave and vh. Good times, good times.

Comment

• hitch1969©
          Sniper
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          It's hard to believe that it's the start of 2012...marking the 12th year I've been a webmaster here at the Army, and the thirteenth year that the Army's been open in one form or another.

With that said, it really appears as though we are on the precipice of perhaps the greatest year to be a member here at the Army...

Van Halen is back, and while not at their full majestic quartet, as close as it's likely to get before we all push fucking daisies. The Mighty David Lee Roth is fronting this band once again as a clear full-fledge member of the band...new album...new tour...

When this site started, Sarge and I talked a lot about this place being a place where we could all pull up a chair, have a fucking beer, listen to some ball-to-the-wall music by the showstopper...the master of ceremonies...Diamond David Lee Roth...

We've had all kinds of shit here, but at the center of it all has always been one constant...you...hell...us...

We're fans...period...end of story...

People often say, "The Roth Army should become the official site of David Lee Roth..."

Know this...we likely could have some time ago...but to become the official site, certain liberties would be taken away...and the last thing that this site is ever going to become is some self-serving, bastardization of what we SHOULD be...what we are...and always will be...

...a corner bar where every fucking Roth fan can come and have a drink...

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Army...to all of you that are full-fledge, beer swillin', muskrat killin', Classic Van Halen chillin' soldiers...

amen, brother pojo.
          ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Happy New Year to everyone here at the Mighty Roth Army!! I feel like 2012 is going to be a great year!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

2012 will be the year to be remembered!!! We have waited, searched and hoped for a new VH record since Dave decided to split - and who the fuck could have blamed him??? Dave was on top of the world and had the entire world eating out of HIS hand!!!
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

In the strange world which is the community of Facebook, they have this little meter which cites how many people are talking about something on all the profiles. Someone play me some music with some Muzak quality, like that little ditty by Van Hagar entitled Right Now for some voice over....that's it, but could could someone turn down the level on that poser singing...ok, that is better. Right now Spammy Hagar has 1,720 people taking about his profile, Chickenshit has 1,626 (1,500 of those must be for Michael Anthony and all the crying Hagar fans are using as an excuse to post on Van Halen sites, which actually translates to Sammy wishes he had Eddie back), Van Halen 46, 127 and the Diamond One who just started a Facebook account a few weeks back 2,044. So right now Hagar fans "is your tomorrow", time to "Dream Another Dream" because eventually your motto will be "Don't tell me what love can do" in 2012. Now I must do some more painful research into Van Hagar and figure out what the hell Sammy is talking about in the song "Not Enough". I don't know if it was for a light beer or a tampon commercial. Words like 'naturally' and 'not enough', definitely a tampon commercial. LOL Thank you for your site DLR Army concerning all things David Lee Roth
                Last edited by Jetstream; 01-01-2012, 02:55 AM.
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

2012 is Year of the Apocalypse ---- but at least Sir Diamond Roth of Pasadena will be scissor-kickin' to the very bitter end ---- in the farthest reaches of the globe!

BTW, what ever happened to the Slawterhouse website ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Happy New Year to everyone in here! Though I've only been a part of the Roth Army for a short while, I've been a Van Halen fan since the midgets groped the tranny. If I'm not mistaken, that's 30 friggin' years! In any case, I find most of you to be far more friendly and entertaining then anyone I've ever met elsewhere on the web. I look forward to a prosperous, healthy, fun filled year for us all, and just as Fryingdutchman said, I hope to meet some of you in person at a show! Peace and ass-kicking!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by hitch1969©
                      amen, brother pojo.
                      Exactly!

Welcome back #2
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Happy new year to all my army brothers and sisters.This is gonna be a good one
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Thank you Roth Army (and of course the old Diamonddavidleeroth.com). We've been coming together for SO many years, and we've laid out a lot of shit in the process, lol. I still remember my first encounter with SLAWTERHOUSE and the Army. Taking 15 minutes to load a page on the shitty dial up at work. Reading forum posts and wondering what the fuck are these people talking about??? Grimsdale, Hitch, Flappo, F.O.R.D., Sesh, Von, Sarge... all these crazy people talking crazy shit!!

Flash forward a few years, and a faster connection at home, to discover Slawter gone, and can't find that Roth Army that I'd found once before. But I found DDLR.com. It took a thick skin to be a woman on these boards, and my already thick skin got even thicker for being here. Had some great pissing matches with some members, witnessed some really crazy people coming and going (shhhh....remember beetlejuice!). Hell, some years ago I even had an extremely nasty and public fucking breakdown on these boards...and I was forgiven.

The Army is family. Nobody else understands the passion behind the words "Dave or the Grave", or how hearing a new album is finally going to be released can make a bunch of *ahem* old farts feel like they're 18 again!!! Happy Fucking New Year Army...our time has finally fucking come!!!!
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

THE ROTH FUCKING ARMY...

Well said, my friend....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• justluvvanhalen
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jul 2011

Happy new year to you! Love the Jim Morrison profile pic. Big Doors fan too! Do you think DLR checks the messages here on occasion or is he just too busy right now since VH is now rehearsing and they're getting ready for the tour? I have a question to ask him and I'm trying to settle a debate I'm having with some people and honestly, I'm tired of going to stupid sites like wikipedia, etc. (which often provides inaccurate info anyway) for information. I also wanted to wish a happy new year to all of the DLR fans out there!!! Dave rocks and is one of my true music and personal idols! He has really inspired me and so many other fans out there, I'm sure.

Regards,
                              justluvvanhalen (Carrie)

Comment

Working...