• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

What If????

What If.....

After all this time, and all we've suffered through.....

IT SUCKS?

Just curious, will you still love it, appreciate it, support it, buy it, attend it, promote it.....?

After 27 years of waiting, what if it doesn't live up to your expectations...

Nothing will or could ever change what they brought us 78-84.....and I'm assuming this new locomotive will be motherfucking powerhouse.........but......

what if?

discuss.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

It's certainly a valid question....

Personally, if it's full of songs similar to MWM and CGSTNM, I'm gonna be disappointed....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

It has crossed my mind, I won't deny it. But I just bite my tongue, and think "you're doing everything right so far (well, since December 26 anyway). please don't let us down!"
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Roth & Roll
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        What If.....

After all this time, and all we've suffered through.....

IT SUCKS?

Just curious, will you still love it, appreciate it, support it, buy it, attend it, promote it.....?

Nothing will or could ever change what they brought us 78-84.....and I'm assuming this new locomotive will be motherfucking powerhouse.........but......

what if?

discuss.
        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

It won't match the six pack I don't think, Why would it or how could it ? except maybe Diver Down just because of all the covers. I still love it though. Is Black Ice better than Back In Black ? Hardly. But it's still the best AC/DC album in years !! I think thats all you can hope for. These guy's are in their 50's not 20's anymore. They 96 tunes were great songs and if they were recorded more like the stuff on the original six albums sound wise they could have fit in on any off those. I would like too think it's not the same band anyway, but still alot too live up too with Dave back. I think it will be good, that doesn't mean the bullshit radio stations around today will make a couple of the songs off it hits. The song's should all be short like the old days, if not thats fine if they are good. Hope i'm right. I don't think even one weak song is acceptable, not after this wait. I'll take A Black Ice part two, it's a great fucking record maybe a song or 2 too long but still great !
          Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            I've made an effort not to have any expectations whatsoever about any of this. Pretty much the way I go through life. So far, I'm happy as can be.

I will buy it, probably 2, the first minute I can.

I used to be a bit nervous about the prospect of new VH music, but for some reason it's all gone. I just think there is no way it is going to suck.

If you go into it comparing it to the 6 pack, you'll find a million things wrong with it. You have to remember what year it is and keep an open mind.
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

I'm not expecting it to be 1984 part 2 or the reincarnation of Fair Warning,,,,,,,

Anyone expecting that is going to be disappointed, period.

I'm expecting a more mature sound with touches of the past thrown in but not some band trying to copy it's own sound from 25+ years ago......to me that would be a let down. The other thing that would be a huge disappointment would be if they tried to fad follow what's popular today and try to copy that, highly unlikely though.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

If you go into it comparing it to the 6 pack, you'll find a million things wrong with it. You have to remember what year it is and keep an open mind.[/QUOTE]
                That's a fact. Couldn't agree more. It will not have the same energy as those albums I don't think. But it can come close if the songwriting is good.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  It's certainly a valid question....

Personally, if it's full of songs similar to MWM and CGSTNM, I'm gonna be disappointed....
                  I agree somewhat with that. The new stuff will need more energy too it too sound like a Roth lead Van Halen, but at the same time I love both those tunes. I think how much energy the songs have will make it live or die. I can handle a few slower tunes if they are solid. Something like Black Sand off the DLR Band wouldn't be a bad thing.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

From Ed's Pool Cleaner.Dan,There is Going To Be Some Old School Van Halen Songs On The New Album.Trust Me,Ed's Pool Cleaner.
                    Last edited by Dan; 01-01-2012, 09:38 PM. Reason: FFS,Ed's Pool Cleaner Is Ok In My Books.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

I guess just hope it has some staying power !! Something you will want to go back & listen to over & over. That's how a album becomes big I guess.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dan, I think I just met one of your relatives in the Fan Forum!

He asked if he can take his pants off!
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The six pack is just such a hard act to follow. It must have been pretty difficult for Dave, Ed and Al to try and live up to the legendary music they created when they were younger.

I am just hoping for a kick ass VH album. I think it will at least be better than the two '96 songs.

But yeah there is a slight possibility that it may not live up to ANY level of expectations.

We shall see.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't think it will "suck" per say, but I think it will inevitably be "different" from the six pack as these guys aren't 20-30 years old anymore and are in a very different place. However, I do hold out the possibility that the new album may be closer to Fair Warning than say Diver Down. Not that there's anything wrong with DD...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-01-2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

May it stand on it's own with the next 2 or 3 albums they might do before they retire or split up. With all do respect to the Stones I don't really want a Van Halen in their 60's. Maybe Sam can come back for those albums !!

Comment

Working...