PDA

View Full Version : Any NHRA fans here?

qikgts
01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I love the straight line stuff. Anyone else like it too? If you do, name your favorite drivers or teams.

Being a Ford fan I follow John Force Racing. I also root for Ron Capps, Larry Dixon and anyone racing Cruz Pedrogon... Lol

gbranton
07-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I also root for Ron Capps, Larry Dixon and anyone racing Cruz Pedrogon... Lol

But I just noticed that while Cruz's crew was tearing down his car between rounds they were listening to Beautiful Girls........they must not be ALL bad. :D

qikgts
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh noooooo.... Maybe I have to reconsider.......

gbranton
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I used to dislike both Pedregon brothers, but I have kind of softened my stance on Cruz. He doesn't seem like such a bad guy and he has been carrying the Wounded Warrior insignia on his car, of which I am a big fan. Tony, on the other hand....... I get sick of listening to that dude whine, even though he is a great driver.

As for the Force clan, I sort of lost my enthusiasm for them after watching John throw a few races, most notably Ashley's win at Indy, that left a foul taste in my mouth. Schumacher's teams never engage on that kind of weak horseshit, even with championships on the line. The other thing I have noticed being at the races in person is that the only time John comes out and mixes it up with the crowds are when the tv cameras are ON.

qikgts
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I look at it like the Red Sox vs. Yankees rivalry. It adds some emotion to it. Tony does whine like a bitch though. Don't get me wrong, I rooted for him when he drove for JFR but at the time he acted like he knew his place and appreciated where his bread got buttered. Now he's kinda like how Bazemore used to be. I guess the Lee Beard connection makes it easier to root against Cruz. lol

I love going to national events. It's been a bunch of years for me but I did go to a testing session in West Palm Beach this year. It was nice to smell the nitro. At that event, the Force's were all over and seemingly signing everything in sight. Ashley was holding her baby and taking pic's with people while poor Danny Hood looked on with sad puppy eyes. That kind of made me laugh a bit.

I hear ya on the dives and the Schumacher camp seems to play pretty straight on that. I just look at them like the Dark Side. Makes it more fun for me.

gbranton
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Uh, well I don't exactly feel that way about team Schumahcer, even though I am a Ford boy through and through. Here's a picture of me with my favorite driver.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/3017_1124041541065_1614383_n.jpg

qikgts
07-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for their whole organization. They have shit loads of talent. I root for Capps and Beckman, Brown, sometimes Massey and The Sarge too. Hagan seems like a good enough guy. I still root for Cory Mac.

Ehh, maybe I should reconsider my stance on this too.... ... .. lol