X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 2/18 Louisville Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 2/18 Louisville Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • hain23x
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

I'll be there!
    Eat Us and Smile!
    Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• don don
      Groupie
      • Jan 2007

I can't believe I did this, but I just booked a room in Louisville, KY WITHOUT VH tickets! Am I crazy, stupid, hopeful, or all of the above? Yes I know, I'm taking a HUGE chance, but somehow, some way, I will be at that show! Anybody else from Tennessee going?

Comment

• DiverDowninKy
        Groupie
        • Dec 2011

I'll be there. $150 for lower level for this show btw.

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don don
          I can't believe I did this, but I just booked a room in Louisville, KY WITHOUT VH tickets! Am I crazy, stupid, hopeful, or all of the above? Yes I know, I'm taking a HUGE chance, but somehow, some way, I will be at that show! Anybody else from Tennessee going?

I'm gonna be in Cincinnati that week on business --- so a short drive to Louisville to check out the Mighty Halen doesnt sound that tough.

What's the best titty bar in town to get some drinks before the concert ??

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Had a discussion with a friend of mine tonight. He is going to at least 2 shows, and he said I should attend the tour opener, as he IS going to that. So I am pretty sure I will be there if I can get a ticket. Hell, if I leave Louisville at midnight, I can be home by 3 AM.
            Not going to go for the expensive seats....I am going to save my bucks to do that for Gnashville. But I am going to blow cash for the 60 + 11 service charge seats. It is only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Gnashville to Louisville, so what the hell.

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm going to this one for sure.. anyone have a cheap hotel recommendation near the venue?
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Hmmm....looks like only 2 tiers for tix -

US $29.50 Ticket + US $7.40 Fees = US $36.90
                US $149.50 Ticket + US $13.80 Fees = US $163.30

As I am going for the expensive tix for Gnashville, I am going cheapy seats for Louisville. Shit, if I am only in the fucking building, I will be happy!

Presale is LiveNation presale....begins 10 AM 1/13/12.

Will begin checking for presale codes a couple of days early.

Any of you peeps know what it is beforehand, feel free to chime in.

When tickets for the Rammstein US 2012 tour went onsale, it had a LiveNation presale as well, and people were just popping in to their official Facebook page and asking them for the presale code for whatever city they were buying tickets for, and LiveNation was freely letting people know what it was.

Here....RSVP the date you are going to, and they should send you a presale code by Facebook:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-07-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• hain23x
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

If you want to be a pimp down there and really live it up, The Galt House is right next door to Yum Center. Other hotels down there are Hampton Inn, The Brown Hotel, Hyatt, Mariott

Other points of interest down there for the tourists is this area called 4th Street Live. It's a tourist trap like Chicago's Rush Street-a lot of bars and clubs all shoved into one little area. It's close.

Some good Pizza joints around there for food and beer- Bearno's, Impellizzeri's. A place called Bluegrass Brewing Company right across from Yum Center.
                  Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• angelaenlow
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2012

Looks like there is a discrepancy on on sale dates from Van Halen's website and the Live Nation website. Van Halen's shows there are AMEX presale tickets for this show, but the Ticket Master site says presale begins 1/13 at Live Nation and venue sites--no AMEX presales. Does anyone have any idea what may really happen? I wanted to go to work late on whichever day the tickets first go on sale.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Bear in mind that just because you buy them in the Amex Presale does not automatically make them better seats. They do not put the entire venue of tickets up for sale in the presale....just certain blocks. You are just as likely to get good seats by going with the LiveNation Presale or Public sale as you are the Amex Presale.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by don don
                        try sydney australia
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Jesus H Christ flights from S.Florida to Louisville START at $400!!!! GOOD LORD!!!
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• hain23x
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

I was talking to a friend who said he either heard on the radio or read in the paper that VH will be in town the week of the show which makes sense. Opening night of the tour, rehearsing all the way up till kickoff!

Probably will be staying at the Galt House since it's right next door.
                            Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• VAiN
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Woo hoo!!! I officially got tickets, it's on!! My buddy and I went for the #2 VIP package which guarantees row 2-15.. I'm hoping it's more in the 2 range. I'm so exited!!! VH in a month!!!

Comment

Working...