PDA

View Full Version : WARF and DLR on the cover of SPIN magazine!

WARF
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.spin.com/articles/15-most-ridiculous-things-about-ridiculous-van-halen-show

I thought I was only on the New York Daily news cover.

WARF
01-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Jesus Christ... my heart is still racing from last night!

kwame k
01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Jesus......they've created a monster;)

DONNIEP
01-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Jesus......they've created a monster;)

Nope, I think they've gotten a fifth member of Van Fucking Halen!!!

Matt White
01-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Ha!!! "international" baby!!!!

Sensible Shoes
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
That Spin article is kinda fun. I include what may or may not be Spammy's email address!

WARF
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I am the fifth member of Van Halen bitches!!!

It's me singing on youtube louder than Roth!!!!

hain23x
01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Dude, you are running up the score!!

hain23x
01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Then they were led through the crowd, ideally to a waiting cadre of midgets and cocaine and midgets stuffed with cocaine but probably just a couple of town cars.

DONNIEP
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Goddammit...Wolfie's bass is cranked the fuck UP!! And I LOVE IT!!!! This tour is going to be so fucking awesome...April 25th!

mdk1967
01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Staint WARF!

Hardrock69
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
WOW! WARF IS ON THE COVER OF SPIN MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING FUCK!

WARF IS FAMOUS!!!!!!!

:killer:

WARF
01-06-2012, 11:29 PM
BRING FORTH THE WARFMASTERBATOR!!!!!

You know you want it!!!!

Roth Army rules!!!!

Dan
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
World Famous,NOW.:D

Sensible Shoes
01-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Gettin a little cocky there warfmeister? :horn:

You deserve it!!!!!

You better be coming to Boston!

kwame k
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
BRING FORTH THE WARFMASTERBATOR!!!!!

You know you want it!!!!

Roth Army rules!!!!

You have come down from the mountain, slain the dragon and defiled the maiden.........

Sir WARF does sound about right!

DONNIEP
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
More, more, more!!!

WARF
01-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Click your heels THREE times any say there's nobody like WARF Baybee!!!

Hardrock69
01-07-2012, 02:54 AM
You got it bitch!

:killer:

binnie
01-07-2012, 05:37 AM
At this rate, WARF will be doing back-up vocals on the tour.

Carmine
01-07-2012, 05:56 AM
5. Forced by logistics to play a non-ridiculous-sized drum kit, Alex Van Halen improvised, playing the cowbell part of "Dance the Night Away" on the heating pipe over his head. More heating pipe!

That's just awesome... :drum:

WARF, have ya even slept yet?

jhale667
01-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Congratulations again, Sir WARFsalot!

Guess the cat really is out of the bag now...this place is no longer the best-kept secret among Roth-era VH fans...!

jhale667
01-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Having said that, reading the article, if Dave admitted how nervous he was, hoping a little rambling at an intimate, special-occasion, press, friend and rabid-fan-only gig will be forgiven...no email search necessary, thank you.

ashstralia
01-07-2012, 06:43 AM
and uncle manny was there, too. holy guacamole you're a blessed lucky man Sir WARF. and of course you gem, too...:first::yo:

you guys got to witness first hand in front of your naked steaming eyes the evolution of a classic rock band. they turned up, tuned up, cranked up, and rocked the fuck out.

VHscraps
01-07-2012, 07:01 AM
5. Forced by logistics to play a non-ridiculous-sized drum kit, Alex Van Halen improvised, playing the cowbell part of "Dance the Night Away" on the heating pipe over his head. More heating pipe!

You can see Al do that on one of the youtube clips - more are now appearing. Dave kinda walks back to Al, looking amused at this, and sorta holds his mic up to where Al is bashing the pipe. Fuckin' awesome.

The clip's in the Cafe Wha? thread on the Tour forum (post no. 241), if you ain't seen it (so much goin' on here that it is hard to keep up with where all this stuff is!) - HERE IS THE LINK (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?63946-Official-1-5-NYC-Cafe-Wha-Review-Thread/page7).

Notable not only for Al's improvisation (at around 9:30, beginning of Dance the Night Away), but WARF rockin' out!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Click your heels THREE times any say there's nobody like WARF Baybee!!!

Christ, some get a pin and pop WARF's head.... ;)

TJMKID
01-07-2012, 06:28 PM
I am the fifth member of Van Halen bitches!!!

It's me singing on youtube louder than Roth!!!!

I don't know how much pussy our man WARF is gonna milk out of this experience ---- but I'd stock up on penicillin & herpes cream if I was him !!

:gossip:

fifth element
01-07-2012, 07:33 PM
You have come down from the mountain, slain the dragon and defiled the maiden.........

Sir WARF does sound about right!

love it!!!!!

SunisinuS
01-07-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.spin.com/articles/15-most-ridiculous-things-about-ridiculous-van-halen-show

I thought I was only on the New York Daily news cover.

Fucking Sweet As (@TM Dan) Who would ever have thought this day would come?

WE DID!

NJ!

fifth element
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
That Spin article is kinda fun. I include what may or may not be Spammy's email address!
i thought that the writer was petty, uninformed, and in some areas, wrong as hell....
the spammy e-mail was cute, but picking on Wolfie, not so much...
he ended up sounding like a bitter non-fan who was entirely out of place in the venue.

binnie
01-07-2012, 08:30 PM
i thought that the writer was petty, uninformed, and in some areas, wrong as hell....
he ended up sounding like a bitter non-fan who was entirely out of place in the venue.

I think it was an attempt at humour. But why send someone who doesn't 'get' the band?

Seshmeister
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I once went to a Julia Fordham promotion gig/album première on a VIP pass and never heard a note of her music.

The free bar was awesome!

binnie
01-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Who is Julia Fordham?

Seshmeister
01-08-2012, 07:45 AM
http://bit.ly/zGxMz7

This was in the late 80s so I guess her 2nd or 3rd album, Glasgow Pavillion where the bar is far enough away from the auditorium for us not to be disturbed. :)

It holds 1500 so she must have been doing fairly well...

scottydabodi
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Hail WARF!!!! This is some seriously cool shit... I am THOROGOODLY enjoying every second of this. OOOOOHHHHH YYYEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!(Macho Man voice)

ZahZoo
01-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Really..?

I thought he sounded like a cynical old Roth Army veteran. I'd recommend recruiting and modding the guy!!

It was a special event. The WARF element is fucking biblical... no less!!! Seeing and hearing the band in an intimate small club environment so close you are exchanging airborne DNA with the band... unprecedented!!

But... one little detail was missed on the menu... it was a "Press Only" event. The new album and tour are a reality... even a tiny 2 minute mention would have covered it. But somewhere in the hoopla someone forgot why they were there... Can't blame a real "press" person from calling attention to that...

But... could be the "REAL" PR people are geniuses... drop exclusives to the top 3 fan sites. Cheap and they don't even have to cover any internet bandwidth and hosting costs. Include them in the "press event" again free coverage and an "instant all is forgiven with the fans" get out of criticism jail free card. Bring in the mainstream entertainment media... more free press and they didn't even have to talk business... let the music speak and generate every flavor of buzz... No internal band drama, key point. Free advertising that saves them $$millions$$. They pay Bobo (Brad) $1.95 to link to LiveNation for tour info on the official sites... Everyone turns a huge profit and sits back for the bonuses to flow... Over analyzed... you bet. Plausible for sure...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
But... could be the "REAL" PR people are geniuses... drop exclusives to the top 3 fan sites. Cheap and they don't even have to cover any internet bandwidth and hosting costs. Include them in the "press event" again free coverage and an "instant all is forgiven with the fans" get out of criticism jail free card. Bring in the mainstream entertainment media... more free press and they didn't even have to talk business... let the music speak and generate every flavor of buzz... No internal band drama, key point. Free advertising that saves them $$millions$$. They pay Bobo (Brad) $1.95 to link to LiveNation for tour info on the official sites... Everyone turns a huge profit and sits back for the bonuses to flow... Over analyzed... you bet. Plausible for sure...

Absolutely, can't repeat that aspect enough....

And trust me when I say, there is more on the way for us....

:jaw:

ToraToraTora
01-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I love the end of that clip, at the end of "Dance The Night Away", when WARF clasps his hands to his head in disbelief, u can feel the "HOLY FUCK I'M HERE WITNESSING THIS" in that one gesture!

vandeleur
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Yeah i noticed the drumming the pipe .. thats class for ya

Candy Girl
01-08-2012, 01:54 PM
WARF for president? He could have VH play for his inauguration.

degüello
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Hey folks, good to see some familiar faces here. Been a long time! Things are pretty damn good in VH fan-land right now, eh. :beers8:

Holy shit, I can't believe you were there, WARF. Fucking crazy! It's funny, because I did notice you in the YouTube clips I watched via some guitar sites, I was like, "Shit, that guy is standing right beside Dave and directly in front of Ed's cabs... wow!" And it turns out to be fucking WARF, that is so classic. :high5: Congrats!

knuckleboner
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
WARF, please tell us you at least thought about donning the wig and doing your splits!

franksters
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
That spin article is GARBAGE... Who ever wrote it is a fuckin idiot...

Hardrock69
01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah to some degree....but then, you are always going to have a small percentage of reviews fall short of the mark.

Take the big picture view man.......notice that this gig has been written up in ALL MAJOR MEDIA OUTLETS.....even the WALL STREET JOURNAL fer chrissakes!

Can't complain about that!

WARF
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I am gonna be on the next issue of the rolling stone as well.

http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=%2Fmusic%2Fnews%2Fvan-halen-announce-album-release-tour-dates-20120106

CAFE WARF: THE WEB SITE COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARF
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
WARF, please tell us you at least thought about donning the wig and doing your splits!

I would have worn a wig and spandex if STAFF gave me the green light!!!!!!!!!

CAFE WARF: THE WEB SITE

CAFE WARF: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY

AND

CAFE WARF: THE MOVIE

ALL COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONNIEP
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I swear to God I wouldn't be surprised to see you carryin' out DLR's bottle of Jack to him at the Charlotte show :)

vanshipman
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
WARF I have watched every video that I can possibly find and I want to say how happy I am for you to have had the honor of being in attendence of one of the greatest gigs ever. Talk about something to tell your kids/grandkids!!! You were rocking out brother and I laughed out of pure happiness for you and the others there. I have got to be on the front row before and slap hands with Eddie but never with Roth at the helm. I did get to high five Dave at a show on the YFLM tour in 1994 and that was amazing. But you got the granddaddy of all gigs my friend and for that I salute you Sir WARF. Rock ON!!!

GreenEyedMurder
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I would have worn a wig and spandex if STAFF gave me the green light!!!!!!!!!

CAFE WARF: THE WEB SITE

CAFE WARF: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY

AND

CAFE WARF: THE MOVIE

ALL COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that you're in all these magazines, maybe you can get the pretty photographer's phone number! :D

WARF
01-09-2012, 06:41 PM
She should have givin' me her number anyways....

I am Van Halens' FIFTH member beeeeiotch! uhh huh uh huh uh huh

WARF
01-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Wait, maybe I should have gotten your number BEM... YOU WERE LOOKIN CUTE YO' SELF!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Irony
01-09-2012, 06:43 PM
You never cease to amaze me!! Bout time you got what youre due, WARF!

GreenEyedMurder
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Wait, maybe I should have gotten your number BEM... YOU WERE LOOKIN CUTE YO' SELF!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. But I'm GEM, not BEM! :D

WARF
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Thank you. But I'm GEM, not BEM! :D

I got that confused with a former webmaster named BLUEYEDMURDER.

Whatever happened to him?

Did he QUIT after "OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD" when hitch destroyed him?

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
She should have givin' me her number anyways....

I am Van Halens' FIFTH member beeeeiotch! uhh huh uh huh uh huh

Good to see that humble Warf stage is over......

WARF
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
You never cease to amaze me!! Bout time you got what youre due, WARF!

Thanks Jays' Spokeperson!!!!

I still can't believe it happened!!! Nobody has ever been as close to the stage as me in Van Halen history!

Matt White
01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks Jays' Spokeperson!!!!

I still can't believe it happened!!! Nobody has ever been as close to the stage as me in Van Halen history!

Hell brother...they should have handed you the bass!!!

WARF
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Wish you all could have been there.

Roth Army rules!!!!!

DRD
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
WARF lived the dream. Way to go!!

drgong
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Norway salutes you, WARF!

Was a FANTASTIC show