PDA

View Full Version : Live Nation Presale Info

Va Beach VH Fan
01-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Hat tip to Hardrock69 for gathering the info...

The Live Nation page is here:

http://promo.livenation.com/vanhalen/

Sign into Facebook, click on the RSVP button next to the show(s) you are going to, and in the upper right hand corner there will be a small pull-down menu where you can choose different attendance options: Going, not going, maybe, etc.

Then, supposedly the day the LiveNation presale happens, they will send you the presale code.

Though, I will be trying to find out what the codes are a couple of days beforehand.

There are also buttons to share that location's information on your Facebook and/or Twitter feeds....

And as I've already mentioned in the Charlotte thread, for whatever reason, that date (Apr. 25th) is NOT on the list as of right now...

Antman
01-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Link not working.

silverfish
01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Cut off the stuff after VH:

hain23x
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I can't tell ya how juiced I am for Kool & The Gang to be there! :stoned-smiley:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Fixed, thanks...

Headly1984
01-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Buffalo is also not up on livenation or ticketmaster - the 10th is right around the corner, hope they dot the I's and cross those T's soon !

silverfish
01-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Buffalo is also not up on livenation or ticketmaster...

Buffalo is on tickets.com (http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=7177894).

golitely
01-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Q about pre-sale...ticketmaster says Jan 10 presale for AmEx card holders. Does that mean even with the above code you need an AmEX card? I'll have to run to daddy to buy the tix for me if I need an AmEx (sigh). Also, any word about VIP packages? Info still not up on VIP Nation. Thanks

Headly1984
01-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I have an AMEX Blue card - I called amex to inquire about their pre-sale offer and found it is for those who are AMEX Card holders, not Amex credit card holders - make sense?, it didn't to me ..

Amex rep explained the cards are the gold cards (or other cards) that have to be paid off in full at the end of each month- the ph# on the back of the amex card is the pre-sale code I was informed,with no spaces or hyphen between numbers

If you have an amex card and google amex pre-sale, there is a cheater site - cleeng.com-for $2.99 they give you the amex pre-sale # but, even with that # it still has to be paid for with any amex card :blah::blah:

The livenation is something different - they have a facebook site you can friend for your venue and get the pre-sale code for livenation. I believe the amex pre-sale is for ticketmaster.

Q about pre-sale...ticketmaster says Jan 10 presale for AmEx card holders. Does that mean even with the above code you need an AmEX card? I'll have to run to daddy to buy the tix for me if I need an AmEx (sigh). Also, any word about VIP packages? Info still not up on VIP Nation. Thanks

FORD
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Why does everything have to involve goddamn Facebook?

I swear that piece of shit is starting to resemble the Biblical "Mark Of The Beast", since they're making it nearly impossible to buy or sell anything without it.

Romeo Delight
01-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I have an AMEX Blue card - I called amex to inquire about their pre-sale offer and found it is for those who are AMEX Card holders, not Amex credit card holders - make sense?, it didn't to me ..

Amex rep explained the cards are the gold cards (or other cards) that have to be paid off in full at the end of each month- the ph# on the back of the amex card is the pre-sale code I was informed,with no spaces or hyphen between numbers

If you have an amex card and google amex pre-sale, there is a cheater site - cleeng.com-for $2.99 they give you the amex pre-sale # but, even with that # it still has to be paid for with any amex card :blah::blah:

The livenation is something different - they have a facebook site you can friend for your venue and get the pre-sale code for livenation. I believe the amex pre-sale is for ticketmaster.

I get the updates from Amex. Nothing for VH yet

Romeo Delight
01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Correction...nothing for my city but I see Toronto for the 10th...US estaern cities must be available too

sadaist
01-07-2012, 01:04 PM

I swear that piece of shit is starting to resemble the Biblical "Mark Of The Beast", since they're making it nearly impossible to buy or sell anything without it.

Yeah, it sucks.

Never joined Facebook nor do I ever plan too. But I've been noticing more & more sites I used to post at now require you to login with your Facebook account to post.

mug
01-07-2012, 01:11 PM
what a crock of shit , facefuckingbook amex card kiss my hair ass. Jump through this hoop. Just going buy vip! fuck me

mdk1967
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah, it sucks.

Never joined Facebook nor do I ever plan too. But I've been noticing more & more sites I used to post at now require you to login with your Facebook account to post.

Facebook is about marketing, advertising, sales revenue, etc. (profit). My friends and family wonder why I boycott it too.

mdk1967
01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
what a crock of shit , facefuckingbook amex card kiss my hair ass. Jump through this hoop. Just going buy vip! fuck me

I hear ya, Mug. Facebook, AMEX, Ticket(slave)Master, Live Nation are all about marketing, advertising, sales revenue, etc. (profit). It's the way of the world/music business now. I just might go the VIP route too this time.

golitely
01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I just might go the VIP route too this time.

For which there is still no price info. I hope they don't release it last minute on Tues am.

gbranton
01-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Don't see the Atlanta date either but New Orleans is on the list so I signed up for that one.

Roth & Roll
01-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Facebook is about marketing, advertising, sales revenue, etc. (profit). My friends and family wonder why I boycott it too.

Facebook has evolved into the ultimate marketing tool. Your age, sex, interests, and friends are all listed in one easy-to-find place for the world to see, so you can be solicited accordingly.

Nitro Express
01-08-2012, 02:24 AM

No shit. It used to be go to www. and now it's go to Facebook. I had an account for a week and said fuck this shit and canceled it.

Nitro Express
01-08-2012, 02:30 AM
Facebook has evolved into the ultimate marketing tool. Your age, sex, interests, and friends are all listed in one easy-to-find place for the world to see, so you can be solicited accordingly.

Yup. When I was taking marketing classes in business school the instructors used to joke saying companies want to know everything about us and if they could put spies in our homes they would do it. Well, Facebook is the spy. In fact, the FBI is laying field agents off right now because they are focusing more on cyber investigations. They love Facebook and frankly, one person I know who works for the bureau can't believe what dumb ass people post on their Facebook accounts. Cell phone accounts and Facebook accounts are great tools when you are trying to track and investigate people. A hell of a lot cheaper than putting agents in the field and supporting them. It's lowered the cost of busting people.

To be honest. I think I stopped going to concerts because I hate the way the tickets are sold now and the prices are too damn high. I would love to know how much of that ticket price actually goes to the band and to cover the over head vs going into various middle men pockets. It's a scam just like college tuition and banking fees are a scam. Everything is a fucking scam nowadays. The first time I saw Van Halen in 1980 my ticket cost $8.50. I just went to a record shop and bought the ticket from the stoner behind the counter full of bongs and hash pipes. No seating assignments. General admission which meant you spent all day at the venue holding your place in line and when the doors opened it was a mad dash for the stage and if you got on the barricade at stage center, mission accomplished!

Hardrock69
01-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah, law enforcement DOES love Facebook. It has been useful to me in my work fucking up Nigerian 419 scammers.

VAN HLN CA
01-08-2012, 05:40 AM

http://media.use.com/images/s_4/0113d9f8730a612ce365.jpg (http://www.use.com/0113d9f8730a612ce365)

Roth & Roll
01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Yup. When I was taking marketing classes in business school the instructors used to joke saying companies want to know everything about us and if they could put spies in our homes they would do it. Well, Facebook is the spy. In fact, the FBI is laying field agents off right now because they are focusing more on cyber investigations. They love Facebook and frankly, one person I know who works for the bureau can't believe what dumb ass people post on their Facebook accounts. Cell phone accounts and Facebook accounts are great tools when you are trying to track and investigate people. A hell of a lot cheaper than putting agents in the field and supporting them. It's lowered the cost of busting people.

To be honest. I think I stopped going to concerts because I hate the way the tickets are sold now and the prices are too damn high. I would love to know how much of that ticket price actually goes to the band and to cover the over head vs going into various middle men pockets. It's a scam just like college tuition and banking fees are a scam. Everything is a fucking scam nowadays. The first time I saw Van Halen in 1980 my ticket cost $8.50. I just went to a record shop and bought the ticket from the stoner behind the counter full of bongs and hash pipes. No seating assignments. General admission which meant you spent all day at the venue holding your place in line and when the doors opened it was a mad dash for the stage and if you got on the barricade at stage center, mission accomplished!

Interesting, but not shocking, that the FBI would use Facebook as a tool. I know plenty of employers who do the same, including mine. We actually fired a secretary in our office last year because of Facebook. She called in sick two days in a row claiming she had a nasty Flu - a classic Oscar winning performance, right down to the groaning and moaning when she called in. The dumbass didn't realize she had added half the office to her friends list on FB before she posted pics of herself dancing and drinking up a storm at some bachelorette party during the time she claimed to be sick.

Some people really are stupid when it comes to the amount of personal content they post on Social networking Web sites like Facebook. We often say that big brother is watching us - while true, we certainly make it easy at times.

tap1966
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
http://static1.consumerist.com/freefood.jpg

killingfloorman
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry to get us back on topic :yo: Does anybody know if/how a non Amex card holder can book tickets on Tuesday?

Roth on :thumb:

mdk1967
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
...Just checked Live Nation & VIP Nation... Nothing yet.

Nitro & Hardrock, you guys hit the nail right on the head. :behindsofa:

GreenEyedMurder
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry to get us back on topic :yo: Does anybody know if/how a non Amex card holder can book tickets on Tuesday?

Roth on :thumb:

I'm pretty sure the VIP packages will be available Tuesday. Now, if they'd just let us know what's in the packages...

tod
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Hypothetically, if you get a VIP package after RSVP'ing via Facebook and then you tour backstage while wearing one of these (http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?pc=WWCH001)then you'll get invited to Club Dave.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
It appears the only dates that tickets will go on sale tomorrow will be the first 15, to include the Apr. 1st date in Rosemont, IL....

The only exception to those first 15 dates seems to be the Mohegan Sun show, in which tickets go on sale on the 14th vice the 10th.....

In reference to the Live Nation VIP Packages, the fact that they don't have any package details and prices involved is inexcusible....

People need to make plans, whether that be travel or financial.... And if you want to get the best tickets to your favorite band, having to make a split decision potentially involving several hundred dollars in unsatisfactory.....

Jagermeister
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
No info on my location yet. :(

Cruiser
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
KC not listed either.....

Jagermeister
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
KC not listed either.....

It's on the web site for the venue but it has no times or dates for ticket sales yet. I may hit that KC as well.

Headly1984
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
ticketmaster has yet to list buffalo

livenation has a facebook page for buffalo - that much is encouraging

- tickets.com may have a press release up on the web, as does the buffalo venue - does tickets.com have the go to site for this event ?

tod
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm looking forward to the Honda Center gig but not to the sound in that thing. That location sounds like a toilet.

CharleeO
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Va Beach VH Fan;1588705]Hat tip to Hardrock69 for gathering the info...

The Live Nation page is here:

Thanks VA. Any news on getting that password yet? I've checked tmp presales...they talk about using AMEX customer service phone #s
as passwords. Wonder if that will work in this case? Gold # is 8003272177, Platinum is 8005253355
Then, you dont actually need those cards, a regular green AMEX would work after you input the number in password field.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Nope....

golitely
01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
In reference to the Live Nation VIP Packages, the fact that they don't have any package details and prices involved is inexcusible....

People need to make plans, whether that be travel or financial.... And if you want to get the best tickets to your favorite band, having to make a split decision potentially involving several hundred dollars in unsatisfactory.....

But again, love, this is VH; where would the fun be without a few fuck ups along the way. But god damn it I need to buy plane tickets!

GreenEyedMurder
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Is there any word on the VIP Packages? I know they're supposed to go on sale tomorrow morning, but we don't even know what's in them.
Also, @ 10 a.m., should I go to TicketBastard or to VIP Nation to try for a VIP Package (if it doesn't cost more than the mortgage on my new place)?

Matt White
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
No info on my location yet. :(

No MILWAUKEE on the list............

We made it on the 2nd go-round of the 2007 tour................

which is why I caught the show in DETROIT before the MILWAUKEE show!!! :cool:

killingfloorman
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
God forbid they'd make it easy to buy tix :typing:

silverfish
01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
ticketmaster has yet to list buffalo

livenation has a facebook page for buffalo - that much is encouraging

- tickets.com may have a press release up on the web, as does the buffalo venue - does tickets.com have the go to site for this event ?

Buffalo FNC (old HSBC) is tickets.com so you probably won't find that show listed on TM.
Not sure how the LN deal works with non-TM sites but since Buffalo is listed, maybe they
have a deal with tickets.com (or does LN offer packs no matter who the ticket seller is?)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I believe the Philly show is like that also, ticketmaster is not selling that show...

Hardrock69
01-10-2012, 01:03 AM
That would be why there are some shows not listed on the LiveNation Presale....for instance Tulsa has their own ticket company I think. Kansas City is not on the list either.

My old hometown, Wichita, KS has a system called Select-A-Seat.

george
01-10-2012, 10:01 AM
anyone have the 800 number from the back of their AMEX? The AMEX number I have does not work...

nevermind.. got it working.

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 10:03 AM
*sigh*
The VIP Packages aren't available to non-Amex people until Thurs night.
I didn't check other cities, but the Ultimate VIP Package (1st row) is about $1250 ?!?!?!
The VIP Package (rows 2-15) is around $750 or $800 (They had the prices up just before 10, but now it just says that you need an AmEx code to get in)
The Tour Package (within the first 20 rows, but no early entrance) is $495.

$1250??? Really???

Va Beach VH Fan
01-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Once again, no meet and greet... So disappointing....

ULTIMATE VIP PACKAGE
One reserved ticket in the front row
Backstage tour
Pre-show party
Parking (where available)
Early entrance into the venue
Van Halen Ultimate VIP commemorative laminate
Exclusive Van Halen gift bag
Commemorative VIP ticket
Crowd-free merchandise shopping
On-site VIP host

VIP PACKAGE
One reserved ticket in rows 2-15
Backstage tour
Pre-show party
Early entrance into the venue
Van Halen VIP commemorative laminate
Exclusive Van Halen gift bag
Commemorative VIP ticket
Crowd-free merchandise shopping
On-site VIP host

TOUR PACKAGE
One reserved ticket in the first 20 rows
Exclusive Van Halen gift
Commemorative VIP ticket
On-site VIP host

Va Beach VH Fan
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry boys, but people that are gonna pay over $1000 and get no guarantee to meet the band are on heavy narcotics (to steal Dave's US Festival quip)....

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Sorry boys, but people that are gonna pay over $1000 and get no guarantee to meet the band are on heavy narcotics (to steal Dave's US Festival quip)....

Seriously! For that price, Dave, Eddie, Alex, and Wolf should be bringing them drinks during the show.

george
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM

yeah.. that is a pretty hateful price.

neuralfraud
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
where did you see this info?

I was HOPING that based on tom petty and megadeth prices that the vip would be about $250..

$750 is SICKENING...

*sigh*
I didn't check other cities, but the Ultimate VIP Package (1st row) is about $1250 ?!?!?!
The VIP Package (rows 2-15) is around $750 or $800 (They had the prices up just before 10, but now it just says that you need an AmEx code to get in)

$1250??? Really???

Va Beach VH Fan
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
It's looking like bigger cities are gonna get stuck with higher VIP pricing....

I've never done a meet and greet, but I recall seeing a KISS VIP going for around $1000 also, but you get to MEET THE BAND.....

twonabomber
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Once again, no meet and greet... So disappointing....

i've said it before...i was famous, i wouldn't want to hang out with the non-famous version of me, either. :D

damngoodtimes
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I was thinking about splurging for VIP on one show, based on prices from last time...which I seem to remember as $400-500 for 5-star. This is ridiculous; even if it did include meet-n-greet.

Matt White
01-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Can anybody say *NOSE BLEED*

Sat in a suite in DETROIT............

1st row of upper bowl for MILWAUKEE..................

with the Giant video screens I'm cool.......................................

it ain't 1984...I don't need some drunken hulk breaking my leg.......................................

Va Beach VH Fan
i've said it before...i was famous, i wouldn't want to hang out with the non-famous version of me, either. :D

Yeah, Neal Peart is (in)famous for his hatred of meet/greets...

golitely
basement price is $425? There go my plans for VIP.

GreenEyedMurder
It's looking like bigger cities are gonna get stuck with higher VIP pricing....

I've never done a meet and greet, but I recall seeing a KISS VIP going for around $1000 also, but you get to MEET THE BAND.....

I did a Roger Daltrey M&G a little over 2 yrs ago and it was around $300 or $350.

george
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
my whole trip to the DC show will cost upwards of $600 including hotel... (excluding beer, food, etc.).

I'm hoping to go to another city but this is expensive!

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 10:23 AM
my whole trip to the DC show will cost upwards of $600 including hotel... (excluding beer, food, etc.).

I'm hoping to go to another city but this is expensive!

Did you get tix yet?

diamondsgirl
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Prices are horrendous and frankly...it pisses me off.

george
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Did you get tix yet?

Yep. I used the AMEX platinum phone number (posted earlier in this thread) on the Ticketmaster site.

Jagermeister
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't have fag book or teeter. What does it say exactly?

Jack68
01-10-2012, 10:33 AM
M.S.G NYC 300"s....tuesday night.Fuck it at least im in.

DLR'sCock
01-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I never cared for VIP packages or needing a meet n greet at a show with bands.

golitely
01-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Rosemont Apr 1 is 395/595/995. Still too much.

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM

And yet they'll probably sell out the "Ultimate" packages in just about every city.

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Yep. I used the AMEX platinum phone number (posted earlier in this thread) on the Ticketmaster site.

Congrats! Did you get a decent seat?

george
01-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats! Did you get a decent seat?

meh, they are OK..

m_dixon1984
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Got my VIP tickets to the Ottawa show. Looks like the Canadian dates don't have the American Express only early sales. 400-600-900 CDN$ for the 3 tiers of VIP. I went for the $600 option. Can't fucking wait!!!

bb64
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Eight of us in the family going to Boston(if we get tickets Saturday!!)...VIP Ultimate is $995...Can't imagine dropping $8000 on one show...

fourthcoming
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Section 336 Madison Square Garden. I can care less about a meet and greet but I miss the days when you would line up outside of TSS and wait for bracelets and if you were first in line you had a LEGITIMATE shot at good floor seats close to the stage. The ticket scalpers are bullshit...if they didn't swallow everything up...these meet and greet's and v.i.p. packages would never sell at these prices. The great seats in front and on the floor would be empty and promoters and bands alike would finally get the message. Kind of like how sitting behind the dugout at a Yankee game is 1200 friggin bucks. Meet and greet....whatever, I'm not Mark David Chapman.....I love Van Halen, always have but I'll live if I don't meet them. I will say this though, at these prices, I would think it's my right as a VH fan to take my high def digital camera and record a few tunes no?

ZahZoo
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
*sigh*

$1250??? Really???

Geez... Welcome to the Mighty Van Halen 2012 Rape the Wallet Tour...

I can safely say I won't be a 1%'er for this tour...

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Actually, I got an AmEx code, so that I could see how the NYC tour packages are selling and got the correct pricing (as if it really matters):

$1250
$695
$495

The code is 8004923344 if anyone wants to check what's available in the pre-sale. But you need a certain type of AmEx card in order to actually buy something now.

lesfunk
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
The smart thing for me to do would be to wait till summer when they come back through town. They'll hit Providence RI like last time the tickets will be 1/2 price.
In '07 I paid 200 for Boston . In '08 I paid 100 for Providence. What am I saying? I'll fucking go to both anyway!

fourthcoming
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Actually, I got an AmEx code, so that I could see how the NYC tour packages are selling and got the correct pricing (as if it really matters):

$1250
$695
$495

The code is 8004923344 if anyone wants to check what's available in the pre-sale. But you need a certain type of AmEx card in order to actually buy something now.

I think it's an American Express gold card.....not the color, it's actually made of 24 carat gold. Were you able to get decent seats to the MSG shows? sec 336 here.

VH78-84
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
This whole Pre Sale Ticket system is Bull Shit!! You need An AMEX “American Express” card to purchase Pre Sale tickets and also over prices VIP Packages! Which lots of people don’t have? These VIP prices are outrageous! $895-$1200 for “The Ultimate Package” with NO Meet and Great? Neil Diamond is only going for $695 for his, MegaDeth $500 and Rogers Walters $550! Def Leppard was $300-$400 and you got a meet and great and autographs! Then the second VIP Package is around $600 for backstage pass and rows 2-15, which if you get behind 10 rows you can’t see shit, I can’t because I’m only 5’6”! (Your not guaranteed a great seat!), if I’m paying $600 bucks for a concert I better be in the first 10 rows of stage! What a way for the Van Halen camp to rape their fans with this Bull Shit! Your paying $595-$1,200 for the concert, you don’t know what seat you get until the day of the show, which is the only thing I care about! Whothefuck wants to go backstage when you can’t meet the band! :upyours::mad:

TJMKID
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
This whole Pre Sale Ticket system is Bull Shit!! You need An AMEX “American Express” card to purchase Pre Sale tickets and also over prices VIP Packages! Which lots of people don’t have? These VIP prices are outrageous! $895-$1200 for “The Ultimate Package” with NO Meet and Great? Neil Diamond is only going for $695 for his, MegaDeth $500 and Rogers Walters $550! Def Leppard was $300-$400 and you got a meet and great and autographs! Then the second VIP Package is around $600 for backstage pass and rows 2-15, which if you get behind 10 rows you can’t see shit, I can’t because I’m only 5’6”! (Your not guaranteed a great seat!), if I’m paying $600 bucks for a concert I better be in the first 10 rows of stage! What a way for the Van Halen camp to rape their fans with this Bull Shit! Your paying $595-$1,200 for the concert, you don’t know what seat you get until the day of the show, which is the only thing I care about! Whothefuck wants to go backstage when you can’t meet the band! :upyours::mad:

AWW FUCK ---- I'm hoping this is all false. No one is going to pony up $1200 for VIP if they cant meet & greet with the band. What kind of horseshit is this ???

I've got a bad feeling Irving Azoff's greed is causing this mayhem. VH signed a pact with Satan when they hired Azoff as their manager.

:jaw:

ZahZoo
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I think I'll start the Occupy the Nose-Bleed's movement for this tour...

chefcraig
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I think I'll start the Occupy the Nose-Bleed's movement for this tour...

Yeah, but every time I do that I get some overweight, drunkenly wasted and hollering chizzlewit seated directly in front of me that insists on standing up for the entire show.

m_dixon1984
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, but every time I do that I get some overweight, drunkenly wasted and hollering chizzlewit seated directly in front of me that insists on standing up for the entire show.

Well, if you're coming to Ottawa for this show, this is one overweight, drunkenly wasted/stoned, hollering chizzlewit standing up for the entire show, that will be down in the VIP section out of your way. Something else for people to complain about I suppose. Nobody should be surprised. These are the same deals that VIP Nation (I Love All Access) gave us last tour, although slightly more expensive. I for one am happy to pay for a guaranteed good seat. I was frustrated for most of the 90s and early 00s because no matter how early you got to the box office or logged in online, the pain-the-ass scalpers and ticket agents got all the good seats and we were left fighting for the scraps left behind. The market dictates the prices and for the better part of 20 years the scalpers were getting all the extra money people were willing to pay, the ripoff artists were scamming well intentioned fans, and nobody was really all that happy with the experience. I went the VIP route for 1 show last tour and was thrilled with my surprise seat...dead centre stage inside 5 rows from DLR himself. Best concert experience of my life, minus one (front row for VH in 91, old Montreal Forum, got lucky with our tickets for this one). In a perfect world we'd have equal access to the best seats during general ticket sales...but we don't. As for all the other stuff included in the VIP packages...not what I'm paying for.

Rikk
01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Well, I got my tickets this morning. Fucking Ticketmaster was swamped. Took ages to get in...and I didn't get nearly the tickets I wanted. Pretty good, but still in upper levels, but fifth row. Oh well, three tickets purchased, all's well.

I'm going to see Van Halen in Chicago, February 24. (Thanks to my buddy for letting me use his AMEX.)

gbranton
01-10-2012, 05:11 PM

You could sit down while Van Halen is on stage? Really? I hope you're not sitting behind me. I'm not overweight or overly drunken but during a show like that I AM gonna yell and my seat is only there to designate where I should stand.

chi-town324
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm there too Rikki...got on at 10:01 on my iPhone...and had to wait for the refresh for about 15 minutes...going alone so only one ticket purchased...but got section 6 on the floor on Eddies side (2nd section back) row 9 seat 3...so I'm a happy fuckin guy!!! total cost was $170.00

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I think it's an American Express gold card.....not the color, it's actually made of 24 carat gold. Were you able to get decent seats to the MSG shows? sec 336 here.

I got nothing because I don't have an AmEx. I just saw that code elsewhere and used it to see if there's going to be anything left when the VIP packages open up to the rest of us Thursday.

GreenEyedMurder
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Well, I got my tickets this morning. Fucking Ticketmaster was swamped. Took ages to get in...and I didn't get nearly the tickets I wanted. Pretty good, but still in upper levels, but fifth row. Oh well, three tickets purchased, all's well.

I'm going to see Van Halen in Chicago, February 24. (Thanks to my buddy for letting me use his AMEX.)

Enjoy!

Sweet Irony
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I got nothing because I don't have an AmEx.

My sentiment exactly. Why oh Why is my Capital One no good!? :D

Northern Girl
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Looks like both MSG shows sold out their VIP...

Sweet Irony
01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Well, doesnt that just figure....what are my chances of getting anything premium for Boston?!?:pullinghair:

lesfunk
01-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm going to have to cough up $200+ for the privilege of sitting in the last row of the arena.
The first time I saw VH I paid $13.50 and was 7th row center

mdk1967
01-10-2012, 11:16 PM
$995 - $395 for VIP presale?
Good Lord.

Sensible Shoes
01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm going to have to cough up $200+ for the privilege of sitting in the last row of the arena.
The first time I saw VH I paid $13.50 and was 7th row center

That's Mohegan? Jesus between that and Boston, I can't deal with this. Even if it's nosebleeds everywhere.

GreenEyedMurder
01-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Looks like both MSG shows sold out their VIP...

I read on the other site that VIP Nation did NOT sell their entire stock of VIP packages, just the allotments for the AmEx presale.

GreenEyedMurder
01-11-2012, 12:59 AM
$995 - $395 for VIP presale?
Good Lord.

$1250 - $495 at Madison Square Garden.

Sensible Shoes
01-11-2012, 01:02 AM
I read on the other site that VIP Nation did NOT sell their entire stock of VIP packages, just the allotments for the AmEx presale.

We got VIP seats for Montreal last time that didn't sell - got them for floor prices and were four people away from the stage. it would be EPIC if that happened again.

GreenEyedMurder
01-11-2012, 01:31 AM
We got VIP seats for Montreal last time that didn't sell - got them for floor prices and were four people away from the stage. it would be EPIC if that happened again.

Good luck! Assuming it's true that there will be more premium packages available on Thursday evening, I'll probably try for the $495 deal. At this point, I can't really justify much more.

twonabomber
01-11-2012, 01:35 AM

if only lightning could strike twice...

ZahZoo
01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
My AMeX is staying in my wallet for now... So easy to get caught up in the early hoopla. Gonna wait until a week or two before a show that's near me and they've released all the seating.

I suspect in this economy most VIP's will get swooped up... but full sold out shows will be limited to only a few markets... NYC, LA, Las Vegas... even though I could afford VIP's, I just can't justify $500+ per butt in seat when you can most likely get just as good of seat within 25 feet or less from VIP's for $150 or less.

Also found the sound quality is actually quite a bit better when you're not sitting directly under the Mains...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Yup, my son and I did too at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia... I think the postponement(s) had something to do with that also though....

6 rows from the stage, Eddie's side....

chefcraig
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
You could sit down while Van Halen is on stage? Really? I hope you're not sitting behind me. I'm not overweight or overly drunken but during a show like that I AM gonna yell and my seat is only there to designate where I should stand.

You've completely missed the point. If I wanted to be waving my arms, screaming like a lunatic and generally behaving like a teenager, I'd be down there on the floor or up front in the pit. Well, I'm decidedly NOT a teenager anymore, and haven't been one for some time. The nosebleed section is made for people like me, who want to enjoy the show in a comparatively comfortable, less rowdy and more dignified setting.

Jagermeister
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
You've completely missed the point. If I wanted to be waving my arms, screaming like a lunatic and generally behaving like a teenager, I'd be down there on the floor or up front in the pit. Well, I'm decidedly NOT a teenager anymore, and haven't been one for some time. The nosebleed section is made for people like me, who want to enjoy the show in a comparatively comfortable, less rowdy and more dignified setting.

I'm sorry Craig. I can't allow you to do that. You have to be on the floor. I'm for sure no spring chicken but I'll be on the floor. I hope anyway. Shed some dignity dude you'll be happy you did.

chefcraig
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry Craig. I can't allow you to do that. You have to be on the floor. I'm for sure no spring chicken but I'll be on the floor. I hope anyway. Shed some dignity dude you'll be happy you did.

Friend, I have tinnitus, which is why I choose to sit on the sidelines, away from the fray. This means that certain frequencies at high volume send painful volts of electricity through my ears and down my spine in a literally paralyzing, nerve shattering crescendo. I have taken to wearing expensive sound reducers (exotic earplugs) that I usually forget to bring into the building, having left them on the dashboard while tailgating. So I end up using cigarette filters (Oh, now that's a great look. :cato:) shoved into my ears. Even so, the sonic blast of standing down on that floor, having the sound first go straight through me then bounce off the rear wall of our hockey barn and nail me in the back of the head is simply intolerable.

Jagermeister
01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Friend, I have tinnitus, which is why I choose to sit on the sidelines, away from the fray. This means that certain frequencies at high volume send painful volts of electricity through my ears and down my spine in a literally paralyzing, nerve shattering crescendo. I have taken to wearing expensive sound reducers (exotic earplugs) that I usually forget to bring into the building, having left them on the dashboard while tailgating. So I end up using cigarette filters (Oh, now that's a great look. :cato:) shoved into my ears. Even so, the sonic blast of standing down on that floor, having the sound first go straight through me then bounce off the rear wall of our hockey barn and nail me in the back of the head is simply intolerable.

:lmao: I understand that. I know someone that has that shit.

http://cdn.gunandgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/hearing-protection.jpg

chuckie lee
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
My AMeX is staying in my wallet for now... So easy to get caught up in the early hoopla. Gonna wait until a week or two before a show that's near me and they've released all the seating.

I suspect in this economy most VIP's will get swooped up... but full sold out shows will be limited to only a few markets... NYC, LA, Las Vegas... even though I could afford VIP's, I just can't justify $500+ per butt in seat when you can most likely get just as good of seat within 25 feet or less from VIP's for $150 or less

Also found the sound quality is actually quite a bit better when you're not sitting directly under the Mains... Agreed. I always felt that the closer your seats are to the mixing board the sound tends to be the best. Thats where I will be for the Boston show. It may not be the best for the visual, but pretty good. And hopefully we will get the big screen again, that will make it a win-win situation...

tod
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I've got the same ailment. I find celexa, industrial plugs, and a drink to do the trick. It's at its worst in the evening for some reason. (Tip: skip the cigarette butts and go ask the security guy for a set..they carry extras usually.)

kwame k
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM

I hear ya [pun intended], I have tinnitus, too! Ears are ringing as I type this........

I've been debating about getting floor seats over balcony seat for the exact same reason.

I'd love to mix it up on the floor, trying to recapture some of my past glories and have the bragging rights to say.....yeah, I say 'em 2nd row main floor........

Then I remind myself that for all that bravado, I'll have ringing in my ears so intense for the next few days that it'll be unbearable.

lesfunk
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
My ears ring constantly too. Guess what? After 3/3/12 they are gonna ring a little worse!

Jagermeister
01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I hear ya [pun intended], I have tinnitus, too! Ears are ringing as I type this........

I've been debating about getting floor seats over balcony seat for the exact same reason.

I'd love to mix it up on the floor, trying to recapture some of my past glories and have the bragging rights to say.....yeah, I say 'em 2nd row main floor........

Then I remind myself that for all that bravado, I'll have ringing in my ears so intense for the next few days that it'll be unbearable.

Yeah no shit.

You know I guess I have been lucky. I have been to literaly hundreds of shows, ran boats at high speeds my intire life and generaly not been very kind to my ears. Still I can hear fine and my ears don't ring. Well they do for awhile after a show but it doesn't bother me at all.

I think I may start wearing ear plugs myslelf now just as a precaution.

chefcraig
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah no shit.

You know I guess I have been lucky. I have been to literaly hundreds of shows, ran boats at high speeds my intire life and generaly not been very kind to my ears. Still I can hear fine and my ears don't ring. Well they do for awhile after a show but it doesn't bother me at all.

Absolutely lucky, and the earplugs would be a good idea. Look, I'm not one of those whiners that smokes for 40 years, gets cancer and then moronically turns around and sues a tobacco company despite my own lack of behavioral jurisprudence. I brought the condition upon myself, so I have to own it. Years and years of playing gigs at absurd volume levels, going to concerts and clawing my way to the front, working on overpowered, open exhaust cars in small, closed garages, using loud tools on job sites and generally heaving caution to the wind have gotten me to this point, so all I can do is step aside and try and deal with the issue in any way I can. The symptoms are pretty much untreatable, as the drugs designed to cure it don't really do much of anything and the surgery is about as reliable as that of carpel tunnel syndrome.

So if I can be a role model of how NOT to treat your ears to even ONE younger person (as well as the poster child for blatant irresponsibility), I willingly accept the job. Seriously folks, protect your hearing. You'll want to hear this new VH music (or any other future music by any artist) in clear fidelity, not with a damned hearing aid or reducer stuffed into or over your ears.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah no shit.

Let me tell ya, Jag........

Wear ear protection because once it's gone, you can't get it back. You can do things to minimize further damage but can never repair the damage done.

I can't use a cell phone in my Jeep because the road noise blocks out the phone. Even wearing one of those blue tooth ear things doesn't help.

I can't hear people talking if there's background noise, period. I've become somewhat adapt at reading lips but if you didn't know me you'd think I'm stuck up or aloof. I literally can't hear what being said.....I have to lean in and put my ear right next to someone's mouth or keep saying, "What?"....I can have my cell phone in my jacket and people stare at me asking, "Are you gonna answer your phone?".

I can still record my music but I have to have someone else do final mixes because I overcompensate and ride the highs too heavy in the mixes. I've been able to wing it by putting the highs lower in the mix then I would like but it's a hit and miss proposition at best. So I can't master my own music.

My ears ring constantly but you get used to it.......it a pain in the fucking ass, bro!

Nitro Express
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
My ears ring constantly too. Guess what? After 3/3/12 they are gonna ring a little worse!

Tinnitus? What's funny is my dad damaged his hearing when he used to run a brick saw in his younger years. He said nobody ever wore hearing protection in the early 50's. I always wore hearing protection running loud power tools and shooting guns but always played loud music without it. I never stacked my cabs and always made sure the high frequencies were turned down. My hearing is fine. I started using in ear monitors just because it's less stuff to haul around. I love the things because I can cut out the drummer's cymbals from eating up my right ear when we are on a small stage.

Just get some cheap foam earplugs and you can pull them out to the point of where the music still sounds good but you aren't getting killed by it. Sometimes the music actually sounds better with the plugs in a bit.

Jagermeister
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Let me tell ya, Jag........

Wear ear protection because once it's gone, you can't get it back. You can do things to minimize further damage but can never repair the damage done.

I can't use a cell phone in my Jeep because the road noise blocks out the phone. Even wearing one of those blue tooth ear things doesn't help.

I can't hear people talking if there's background noise, period. I've become somewhat adapt at reading lips but if you didn't know me you'd think I'm stuck up or aloof. I literally can't hear what being said.....I have to lean in and put my ear right next to someone's mouth or keep saying, "What?"....I can have my cell phone in my jacket and people stare at me asking, "Are you gonna answer your phone?".

I can still record my music but I have to have someone else do final mixes because I overcompensate and ride the highs too heavy in the mixes. I've been able to wing it by putting the highs lower in the mix then I would like but it's a hit and miss proposition at best. So I can't master my own music.

My ears ring constantly but you get used to it.......it a pain in the fucking ass, bro!

READ MY LIPS!

I hear ya and thanks. I will.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
READ MY LIPS!

I hear ya and thanks. I will.

What?

Seed by list?

WTF does that even mean:pullinghair:

kwame k
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Tinnitus? What's funny is my dad damaged his hearing when he used to run a brick saw in his younger years. He said nobody ever wore hearing protection in the early 50's. I always wore hearing protection running loud power tools and shooting guns but always played loud music without it. I never stacked my cabs and always made sure the high frequencies were turned down. My hearing is fine.

You're lucky and I wished I would of done that.....too late.

The absolute worse was playing in a band with 2 guitarists.......if I had nickle for every time one of the guitarist would say, "I'll just turn up for the solo!".....they seem to get the turning up part down but it must be impossible to back the volume down because I have yet to see one actually turn down after the solo. That causes the other guy to turn up louder until the on stage sound sounds like white noise!

kwame k
01-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Absolutely lucky, and the earplugs would be a good idea. Look, I'm not one of those whiners that smokes for 40 years, gets cancer and then moronically turns around and sues a tobacco company despite my own lack of behavioral jurisprudence. I brought the condition upon myself, so I have to own it. Years and years of playing gigs at absurd volume levels, going to concerts and clawing my way to the front, working on overpowered, open exhaust cars in small, closed garages, using loud tools on job sites and generally heaving caution to the wind have gotten me to this point, so all I can do is step aside and try and deal with the issue in any way I can. The symptoms are pretty much untreatable, as the drugs designed to cure it don't really do much of anything and the surgery is about as reliable as that of carpel tunnel syndrome.

So if I can be a role model of how NOT to treat your ears to even ONE younger person (as well as the poster child for blatant irresponsibility), I willingly accept the job. Seriously folks, protect your hearing. You'll want to hear this new VH music (or any other future music by any artist) in clear fidelity, not with a damned hearing aid or reducer stuffed into or over your ears.

Exactly, bro:beers8:

Mirror image of my life!

lesfunk
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
How I manage it now is that when I set up my bass rig I'm usually out on the end farthest away from the cymbals. Th keyboard is between me and the drums. Also the drum monitor box faces away from my side of the stage. The lead guitar is completely on the other side of the stage. I sometimes use earplugs but they cause me to sing flat sometimes.

Jagermeister
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
You're lucky and I wished I would of done that.....too late.

The absolute worse was playing in a band with 2 guitarists.......if I had nickle for every time one of the guitarist would say, "I'll just turn up for the solo!".....they seem to get the turning up part down but it must be impossible to back the volume down because I have yet to see one actually turn down after the solo. That causes the other guy to turn up louder until the on stage sound sounds like white noise!

Fuckin guitar players. Mine's loder that yours! :lala:

kwame k
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
How I manage it now is that when I set up my bass rig I'm usually out on the end farthest away from the cymbals. Th keyboard is between me and the drums. Also the drum monitor box faces away from my side of the stage. The lead guitar is completely on the other side of the stage. I sometimes use earplugs but they cause me to sing flat sometimes.

Wearing ear plugs seems to help me stay in pitch........

The last touring band I put together, I refused to have 2 guitarists in the band, period. I made it a point from the audition, to rehearsals, and playing live to have the stage sound surprisingly low. I used thinner cymbals so the decay wasn't as long and the volume was lower. Guys were using small combos or direct feed to the sound board. You don't need two Marshal heads going through two full stacks or a Mega-Pussy 6000 bass rig pushing a 1,000 watts to play a club that only holds 200 people......Part of the reason was economic because taking an extra guitarist on the road meant one more mouth to feed. It was a compromise because two guitarists can add so much to your sound but the logistics out weighed the luxury of having two guitarists. Easier load in and setup, too. Plus, we didn't need to rent a Mack Truck to haul equipment around.

At first the guys thought I was crazy and there were complaints but after everyone got on board an amazing thing happened......we could hear each other, sound guys loved the fact that the PA could actually do it's job. The vocalist could hear themselves through the monitors and our out front sound improved.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Fuckin guitar players. Mine's loder that yours! :lala:

Trucking farm slayers???????

What the fuck kinda drugs are you on;)

lesfunk
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Wearing ear plugs seems to help me stay in pitch........

Yeah It does at super high volumes. I don't think we really play that loud. What happens to me is that if I hear myself too much I lose relative pitch with the rest of the band. I always have some saxophone in my monitor. It helps tremendously with my pitch. if I tune in to my bass I sing flat and the guitar becomes washy after a while. The horns are in the same range as a voice and helps keep me in tune

kwame k
01-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah It does at super high volumes. I don't think we really play that loud. What happens to me is that if I hear myself too much I lose relative pitch with the rest of the band. I always have some saxophone in my monitor. It helps tremendously with my pitch. if I tune in to my bass I sing flat and the guitar becomes washy after a while. The horns are in the same range as a voice and helps keep me in tune

True and I would of loved to have a horn section or sax in the band:(

But you said the key words, you don't play at high volumes....it makes a huge difference.

The way I approached it was.......the band only has to be as loud as the drums/cymbals are. So they can hear.......tuning, using thinner cymbals and getting rid of the baseball bats I used to use made a huge difference.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
:focus:

I've done the RSVP thing but seeing that people with AMEX, which I don't have, can pre-order tickets........

What are the chances of getting kick ass seats without paying through the nose for VIP tickets......

Is anyone going to use a ticket broker/scalper?

DONNIEP
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM

I've done the RSVP thing but seeing that people with AMEX, which I don't have, can pre-order tickets........

What are the chances of getting kick ass seats without paying through the nose for VIP tickets......

I wound up having to use ticketsnow.com last time. I had to pay like 50 bucks on top of the ticket price - which fucking sucks because the band ain't seeing a penny of that extra money. There ain't no way I can afford one of those VIP packages....full time single dad - so I'm kinda limited.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I wound up having to use ticketsnow.com last time. I had to pay like 50 bucks on top of the ticket price - which fucking sucks because the band ain't seeing a penny of that extra money. There ain't no way I can afford one of those VIP packages....full time single dad - so I'm kinda limited.

I can't either......

Plus, if the last tour is any indication of what VIP tickets are.....I really don't need to walk backstage, have a glossy laminated ticket or any of the other stuff.....the band didn't even do a meet 'n greet.....not that I have any interest in that either.

It's sad that ticket scalpers get the inside track these days:(

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I would at least consider a VIP package if I got to meet the band, but not without that guarantee....

DONNIEP
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
The VIP packages are $395.00, $595.00 and $895.00. As much as I love Dave and love Van Halen there just ain't no way I would pay $395.00 for ONE ticket - and it not include a meet and greet. Hell, for that kinda cash it better include a happy ending!!!

GreenEyedMurder
01-11-2012, 03:47 PM
The VIP packages are $395.00, $595.00 and $895.00. As much as I love Dave and love Van Halen there just ain't no way I would pay $395.00 for ONE ticket - and it not include a meet and greet. Hell, for that kinda cash it better include a happy ending!!!

In NYC, the prices are $495, $695, $1250. The $1250 packages will sell out - because corporate accounts buy them, so they can charge whatever they like and that jacks up the prices of the lesser packages.

Sensible Shoes
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Sorry that I keep reposting this but in Montreal in 07 we decided very late to go - and went online to discover that some of the VIP seats had been converted to 80 dollar floor seats. we got four and were 4 seats off the extended stage. Who knows if this will happen again, but don't despair about not getting good tix.

kwame k
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Sorry that I keep reposting this but in Montreal in 07 we decided very late to go - and went online to discover that some of the VIP seats had been converted to 80 dollar floor seats. we got four and were 4 seats off the extended stage. Who knows if this will happen again, but don't despair about not getting good tix.

But....but....If I don't despair about that, what ever shall I despair aboot;)

Northern Girl
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
In NYC, the prices are $495, $695, $1250.

For $1250, I want a tour of Dave's penis!

killingfloorman
01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^:drum:

kwame k
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
:biggrin:

Some would pay, I'd bet!

Sensible Shoes
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh I would.

DONNIEP
01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Shoes - you really got floor seats for 80 bucks??? Damn, that had to be the deal of a lifetime! I'm good as long as I'm lower level, but damn, I wanna be up close where the action is!

Carmine
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM

bhahahhahhahaaa, go, go, NG!

lesfunk
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
To be honest, for the cost of a VIP package of a ticket from a "broker" , I can get an 8 ball, a nice escort, a Room at the casino, and listen to the new Album on a boom box while I snort lines off a hookers ass

chi-town324
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
i got on yesterday and got section 6 on the floor row 9 for the united center show..total price for one ticket was $170 after tax...so I'm pretty happy..but got lucky

DONNIEP
01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
To be honest, for the cost of a VIP package of a ticket from a "broker" , I can get an 8 ball, a nice escort, a Room at the casino, and listen to the new Album on a boom box while I snort lines off a hookers ass

Now this is the kind of VIP package I'd spend my kid's Christmas money on :)

Carmine
01-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Friends, like Shoes says above here, this is what will happen with the "good seats". Right now, all the scumbag ticket brokers have them. They've had them for 2 weeks. They won't sell at the ridiculous prices they're trying to charge and they'll sell them back to Ticketmaster or Live Nation. Case in point, on the 2007/2008 Tour, I bought 2 nose bleeders for the first show in Charlotte the minute they went on sale...the day before I left for Charlotte, I bought 2 tickets in the 12th row off Ticketmaster for face value and sold the other 2 outside the arena for 20 each. If you can wait until a few days before whatever city you're going too and buy your tickets then...you'll get great seats at a normal price.

I did it for each show I went to after that...and I saw 5 out of the first 12 shows on that tour.

GreenEyedMurder
01-11-2012, 08:53 PM

LOL! Somehow, I think that's one report the guys here WON'T be clamoring to read. :winkglasses:

Sensible Shoes
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Tough.

GreenEyedMurder
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
FYI, if anyone is interested in buying one of the VIP/Tour packages without AmEx, it's now open to everyone -- a 6 p.m. local time. (In other words, you can buy NYC tix, but not yet Chicago)

tod
01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
What kind of a mortgage payment are they looking for?

FYI, if anyone is interested in buying one of the VIP/Tour packages without AmEx, it's now open to everyone -- a 6 p.m. local time. (In other words, you can buy NYC tix, but not yet Chicago)

GreenEyedMurder
01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
What kind of a mortgage payment are they looking for?

Depends on which package and which city. Most cities are in the $395-$895 range, but (of course!) NYC is jacked up to $495-$1250.

sadaist
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
i got on yesterday and got section 6 on the floor row 9 for the united center show..total price for one ticket was $170 after tax...so I'm pretty happy..but got lucky

Sounds like a great deal. We all know floor seats it makes no matter where you are cause you'll be up front in no time. $170 ish is what I'm planning (hoping) to pay per ticket. But this time I'm not gonna take 3 other people. Prob get a Motel 6 room & take cab to the show so I can get hammered.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm not quite sure I follow at what stage those first 15 or so dates are in right now...

For example, I can go on Ticketmaster and buy tickets that are NOT VIP packages right now....

So, even though they say tickets aren't available to the "general public" for another day or two, isn't that what I just did?

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Did you use Amex? I'm very confused too.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Did you use Amex? I'm very confused too.

Nope, although I did put "2" in the quantity field under Amex, but that was it....

ZahZoo
01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
You must of used your superior Jedi Ticket Master powers...

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
It won't let me do it. Wants a password.

GreenEyedMurder
01-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm not quite sure I follow at what stage those first 15 or so dates are in right now...

For example, I can go on Ticketmaster and buy tickets that are NOT VIP packages right now....

So, even though they say tickets aren't available to the "general public" for another day or two, isn't that what I just did?

I think it's the opposite: VIP/Tour Packages (at Live Nation) are now available to the general public. It's the regular Ticketmaster tix that are still AmEx-only, I think.

I don't have AmEx and this evening I was able to get the "cheap" (ha!) package at Live Nation.

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Boston live nation sends me right back to ticketbastard.

killingfloorman
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
i think you're correct gem. And they don't have vip packages for Atlantic City yet (the ones I want!) :bigwink:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Click on this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004824BBF85B0C?artistid=772490&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Select "1" under "American Express Cardmember Presale"

Click "Find Tickets"

Put the security check words in there....

Your tickets are selected, select delivery method, click Continue at the bottom...

Put name/address in there, etc., etc., etc.....

I don't see anywhere that it asks you for a AMEX password....

killingfloorman
01-12-2012, 07:41 PM
good call, but doesn't work for Philly - maybe because it's not TM site?

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Boston put me thru the whole process then when it asked for payment info it would only let me use an Amex card. They were shitty balcony seats anyway. I have to hope they open up some better stuff tomorrow.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Aaah shit, you're right....

Damn, so let me summarize....

If you don't have a fucking AMEX card, you're shit out of luck for good seats ??

Sensible Shoes
01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Unless they open up some decent seats tomorrow. :(

CVH Rulz
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Some info I found:

Presales get you tickets before they go on sale to the general public. A certain percentage of the tickets are set aside for the presale. You do have a better chance of getting better seats through presales because they require a password that not everyone has, but great seats are not guaranteed. You could get great seats through onsales as well, but need to know the secrets, like calling a Ticketmaster hotline that is nowhere near the event.

It is wrong saying presales get the first seats and leftovers are for general public (this would not be fair). Presales have a certain percentage of the tickets for all areas (floor, lower level, mezzanine).

The only thing that really matter is that you are happy with your tickets. If you're not try getting them when they go on sale to the public. Call a Ticketmaster out of the concert state 5 minutes before they go onsale and BS with the rep, then say "...by the way can you tell me the best seats you have for this event" Good Luck!

Source(s):

http://www.presaleplace.com

CVH Rulz
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I've gotten better tickets waiting and skipping the presale, because they do just have a percentage of each section. Once the best are gone, they go to the next section and so on, but of course there are still seats left in the best sections. It's really all just a crap shoot.

sonrisa salvaje
01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I paid for the 2nd tier VIP package last tour and if i'm not mistaken it was $600 per ticket. I went to Atlanta and saw them and the pair of VIP ticks was $1200 in all. The only thing we saw were their dressing room doors and some yocal yelled out "Diamond Dave!" but was quickly hushed by security. Something got fucked up and i can't remember what it was -- maybe they didn't let us in as soon as they were supposed to. Anyway, in order to make up for the mix up, they let us all go out into the arena and watch them do sound check. Dave wasn't there, just Eddie and Wolfie. They were standing there grooving and when they were done, everyone started clapping. Eddie looked surprised and squinted out into the arena and said over the mic, "who the fuck is that?" Then he started laughing so i think he knew what the deal was because surely they would have checked with him prior to make sure it was ok. That was way cool but worth 600 a head? I don't think so. I was pretty let down that we didn't bump into DLR. In the giftbag i remember there was a tour laminate and a deck of VH playing cards in a special VH tin. Me and my buddy watched one guy open his and when he found a deck of cards inside the tin, a look of dissapointment came across his face. My buddy looked at me and asked, "What was he expecting -Edward's tooth?"

GreenEyedMurder
01-13-2012, 12:38 AM
i think you're correct gem. And they don't have vip packages for Atlantic City yet (the ones I want!) :bigwink:

Those may not sell through VIP Nation. When Roger Daltrey did a solo tour in '09, FanFire (also owned by Live Nation) did most of the VIP/M&G stuff -- but a couple of venues did it directly. I'm pretty sure that the casinos in AC did their own VIP/M&G sales, so you might want to check with them to make sure you don't miss out, esp. since casinos may hold back some for big roller types.

GreenEyedMurder
01-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Aaah shit, you're right....

Damn, so let me summarize....

If you don't have a fucking AMEX card, you're shit out of luck for good seats ??

I doubt they put all the good seats in the AmEx-only pool. Since I'm non-AmEx and was shut out of everything on Tuesday (I tried VIP Nation, but it was also AmEx-only), I got bored and started playing around with picking seats on TicketMaster, and I was pulling up true crap -- even in the most expensive choice.

Nitro Express
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
I paid for the 2nd tier VIP package last tour and if i'm not mistaken it was $600 per ticket. I went to Atlanta and saw them and the pair of VIP ticks was $1200 in all. The only thing we saw were their dressing room doors and some yocal yelled out "Diamond Dave!" but was quickly hushed by security. Something got fucked up and i can't remember what it was -- maybe they didn't let us in as soon as they were supposed to. Anyway, in order to make up for the mix up, they let us all go out into the arena and watch them do sound check. Dave wasn't there, just Eddie and Wolfie. They were standing there grooving and when they were done, everyone started clapping. Eddie looked surprised and squinted out into the arena and said over the mic, "who the fuck is that?" Then he started laughing so i think he knew what the deal was because surely they would have checked with him prior to make sure it was ok. That was way cool but worth 600 a head? I don't think so. I was pretty let down that we didn't bump into DLR. In the giftbag i remember there was a tour laminate and a deck of VH playing cards in a special VH tin. Me and my buddy watched one guy open his and when he found a deck of cards inside the tin, a look of dissapointment came across his face. My buddy looked at me and asked, "What was he expecting -Edward's tooth?"

I never bought a VIP pass but I was a day hire during the 1984 tour. We spent the day unloading and helping with set up. There were some huge custom made cable looms. Those fuckers are heavy too. Then we got our orientation on how to work the barricade from no other than Ed Anderson himself. Scotty Ross was the tour manager. Van Halen had a wonderful road crew and they treated us just like one of the crew even though we were only day hires. Scotty Ross told us we were part of the crew that day and make sure we got something to eat at the crew catering table because we had a long night ahead.

I was hoping to meet or at least see Dave and he was nowhere to be seen until he was up on the stage. We could hear Mike and Eddie warming up. I did meet Alex though. He came out to the catering area to get some pasta which he always eats before a show. He had none of that rock star BS to him.

tod
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
That was pretty much my experience in 2007 except there was also the lil pre-party buffet thing with hummus, hotwings, and pepsi. And the hostess giving away tzochkies to people who answered trivia correctly. We also got a tour around the stage and were allowed to look at Ed's guitar collection and quiz his techs. That was snazzy. Honestly, it was front row and the show was great...but thinking back on it...it was all middle aged dudes holding up their phones. The one hot chick we met was there only cuz she had a season pass at Key Arena and she was more excited about having seen Elton John backstage the week prior. *slaps forehead*

sonrisa salvaje
01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
The Atlanta VIP tickets are not on sale yet but given what has been reported here as to the potential prices i am not sure about doing it again. It is not a question of money. Last time it was about the novelty of it and not knowing if Roth was going to tour again with VH. I could still do it now but at some point i would like to get some bang for my buck. I can't see throwing out another 1200-1300 for the same experience i got last time knowing there is a slim to none chance that i'll bump into Dave. No matter what i do i can tell you what i will be wearing. As i did last time i will be sporting the Eatem and Smile shirt just in case there are any Sammy fans in attendance that i can piss off.

killingfloorman
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
You can buy regular tickets via TM now. pre sale code Tattoo :thumb::popcorn:

It's VH baby

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I doubt they put all the good seats in the AmEx-only pool. Since I'm non-AmEx and was shut out of everything on Tuesday (I tried VIP Nation, but it was also AmEx-only), I got bored and started playing around with picking seats on TicketMaster, and I was pulling up true crap -- even in the most expensive choice.

I don't know GEM I just got tix for Boston and Mohegan sun and Boston was sheer crap. Back in a balcony corner 14 rows up. mohegan was much better but probably because I only got a single ticket. :( I don't like the idea of going by myself, but there will be folks there for the pre party anyway.

lesfunk
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Mohegan is better because its a small arena. Most seats are pretty good

GreenEyedMurder
01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't know GEM I just got tix for Boston and Mohegan sun and Boston was sheer crap. Back in a balcony corner 14 rows up. mohegan was much better but probably because I only got a single ticket. :( I don't like the idea of going by myself, but there will be folks there for the pre party anyway.

Ugh. I hate how we're disadvantaged because of ticket brokers and the dweebs who are more than willing to pay obscenely outrageous prices.

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
From Sunisinus -

TicketNetwork Advisory -- New Van Halen Tour Sparks Demand for Tickets

Press Release: TicketNetwork.com – 4 hours ago

SOUTH WINDSOR, CT--(Marketwire -01/13/12)- Van Halen has announced that they are once again returning to the stage with original lead man, David Lee Roth, causing a surge in the sale of tickets to their tour. In the week since announcing the tour's schedule, Van Halen has surpassed the previous leader, Coldplay, as the group with the most tickets sold on the TicketNetwork Exchange this year*.
The high demand has driven ticket prices up considerably. The current overall average price for the Van Halen tour is $260. That is significantly higher than the average price for the group's 2008 tour, which was $190. The lowest average price for the upcoming tour is $188 for the March 9 concert in Buffalo, NY, while the highest average price is $382 for the March 3 concert in Uncasville, CT.
The 2012 Van Halen Tour begins on February 18 in Louisville, KY, and ends on June 26 in New Orleans, LA. The tour follows the February 7 release of their latest album, A Different Kind of Truth, which is the band's first studio album in 14 years.
View the table below for a selection of average ticket prices for individual tour dates. Then visit the Van Halen page at TicketNetwork.com to find tickets.
Select Van Halen Tour Dates With Average Ticket Prices

Date City Average Ticket Price*

3/11/2012 Boston, MA $221
2/22/2012 Indianapolis, IN $229
6/16/2012 Phoenix, AZ $234
5/22/2012 Kansas City, MD $255
4/21/2012 Boston, MA $259
*As of 1/12/2012 11:00 a.m. EST. Prices may fluctuate based on market demand.

High Life Man
01-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, couldn't get tickets for the Chicago show on 2/24. Singles were available....blah.

If you hear of any, let me know. Pre-sales are bullshit.

Hoping for a Summerfest date...

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Come to Buffalo on 3/9. :D

CVH Rulz
01-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, couldn't get tickets for the Chicago show on 2/24. Singles were available....blah.

If you hear of any, let me know. Pre-sales are bullshit.

Hoping for a Summerfest date...

General tickets go on sale tomorrow! You can still get some!

Antman
01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Got my tix for both shows at the Garden, sect. 108 & 109. Not bad.

Antman
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
This may have been mentioned but the live nation presale code is TATTOO. You have to go to ticketmaster to select your show(s). After the Amex section, there's a Facebook section where you enter this code. Sorry if this is a dupe, don't have time to read all the posts. Hope to see some of yous out there!

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Buffalo still has floor seats available. GO FOR IT! (Yes I'm pimping Buffalo big time.)

VH78-84
01-15-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm Waiting for the St. Paul show! How are these Ticket Brokers getting tickets a couple of weeks before the onsale? how is that possible?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm Waiting for the St. Paul show! How are these Ticket Brokers getting tickets a couple of weeks before the onsale? how is that possible?

They don't actually "have" them yet, just the promise that they WILL have them....

Terry
01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
They don't actually "have" them yet, just the promise that they WILL have them....

"Ticket brokers"

Just an upgraded title for scalpers.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Scum!

Antman
01-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I went on Stubhub and paid just under $500 for section 108 at MSG which are great seats. I checked out those official "platinum" seats on ticketmaster and they were more expensive and my seats were better.

Terry
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
It seems like all Ticketmaster is offering are VIP packages...although it appears the 2nd leg hasn't gone on sale yet...are people able to buy tickets for the first leg via general sale yet, or is it all these secondary ticket brokers who are basically taking reservations (and a hefty fee) for tickets?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes, everything for the 1st leg is onsale now....

Terry
01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
It's kind of irritating, because the second leg (least far as Tampa) hasn't gone onsale in terms of general box office/Ticketmaster sales yet.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Waiting for the Vegas tickets to go on sale, wonder when that will be.

Still hoping for a Cleveland show too, April 5th maybe?? Please :)

GreenEyedMurder
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM
"Ticket brokers"

Just an upgraded title for scalpers.

Or a family-friendly euphemism for asshat.

John_Downing
01-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I have been pecking around various sites on the net about tickets. I am in San Antonio. I read that 28 Jan tickets will be on sale for all venues. Not sure if that is BS or what.

ODShowtime
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
God this thread is so awesome talking about how we're all gonna go see VH. It is also so depressing thinking about how utterly fucked up the ticket business is now. It all makes sense from a money perspective but good lord they could not give less of a fuck about the average music fan. We are taking it up the ass so badly. But there is revenue to be had!

Terry
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
God this thread is so awesome talking about how we're all gonna go see VH. It is also so depressing thinking about how utterly fucked up the ticket business is now. It all makes sense from a money perspective but good lord they could not give less of a fuck about the average music fan. We are taking it up the ass so badly. But there is revenue to be had!

I've got a squeal point in terms of the prices. I know it's Van Halen, and I wanna see 'em, but I'm only gonna pay so much. Not a case of not having the money, just principle.
I mean, if I can't scoop up a couple of tickets for the nosebleed sections for less than $300, well, whatever. I understand everyone needs to make money, rockstar lifestyles don't come cheap and there are 8 zillion middlemen injected in the ticket-buying process that want to get their tacked-on/jacked-off fees. Having said all that, these prices this time around may well reach the point where I'm gonna have to pass. I'm hoping not, though.

mohican
01-16-2012, 09:07 PM

No kidding. I can't believe we're talking about buy tix for vh. As for high concert ticket prices, a friend told me to blame The Eagles. It was their reunion that set the bar high. What do you all think?

VH78-84
01-17-2012, 01:49 AM

What if the Ticket broker can't deliver with the Sec. and row you bought?

VH78-84
01-17-2012, 02:01 AM
It's the sign of the times!, it's not just Van Halen! The average concert prices range from $100-300 Face Value. The bigger the name, the more your going to pay for the show! The Stones and Paul Mccartney was going for $300+ for face Value. The Price also range differently from city to city, for example your going to pay more for a show in NYC and Las Vegas than North Dakota and Iowa..

ODShowtime
01-17-2012, 06:32 AM
The corporate money is the DEVIL. I can't blame the promoters for chasing it but it totally fucks up the supply and demand. I also can't blame the promoters and artists for setting up these auction sites and all of that so they get to keep a portion of the scalper money. These days it's all scalping, it's just that the scalping cash stays with the suits instead of the independent guys.

Totally makes sense, not crying cause I'll go if I want to, but man it's just not even close to a value. The really sad part is that all the good seats have been bought before most people get a shot. What the fuck does owning an American Express have to do with deserving a good shot at seats? Oh yeah they paid you a premium. Ok fine. Sell everything you can and don't worry at all about the fans that want to see the show. They are the lowest of the low and they'll do anything so fuck 'em. We'll give like 20 good seats away.... but we'll charge $600! As long as the big bank in town has the whole first row to give to clients so a bunch of fucking tools can sit and make movies with their cell phones that they'll never watch again. Fags.

I just want to be within the same zip code, smoking doobies and drinking whiskey and hearing a good mix. Oh I can't do that? Of course not, that would be civilized.

ODShowtime
01-17-2012, 06:36 AM
there are 8 zillion middlemen injected in the ticket-buying process that want to get their tacked-on/jacked-off fees.

I was lookin at tickets to a hockey game on ticketmaster this weekend. $37.50 for cheap seats. Ok. $12.50 for convenience fee. 33% fee? Really? Without printing and mailing costs? You deserve almost half of the ticket for processing? BULLSHIT!

Ok enough bitching sorry.

ZahZoo
01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
No kidding. I can't believe we're talking about buy tix for vh. As for high concert ticket prices, a friend told me to blame The Eagles. It was their reunion that set the bar high. What do you all think?

It's not about cost... not about quality... not about rarity... not about entertainment... not even about Van Halen... it's all about greed.

I've really enjoyed the last 3 weeks... but every time I sit down with my budget to consider a show darn pre-Christmas memories pop up reminding me... prior to the Van Halen's showing up hat in hand ready to sell me something yet again... I wasn't all that pleased with those fellas...

Seshmeister
01-17-2012, 11:07 AM
It's the sign of the times!, it's not just Van Halen! The average concert prices range from $100-300 Face Value. The bigger the name, the more your going to pay for the show! The Stones and Paul Mccartney was going for $300+ for face Value.

I'm suspect it's also to do with the age of your fans...