PDA

View Full Version : Tour Gaps And Additional Dates

Angel
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
They're in Edmonton on the 11th, and Winnipeg on the 17th. In my opinion, that leaves room open for one more show in between, and what the heck, there's an entire province that they're jumping over in the process.

So yes, I have created an on-line petition to try to get them here! Hell, ANYTHING'S worth a try!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-van-halen-to-saskatchewan/

I'm wondering if DDE could perhaps tell me how many signatures they would need to consider a Regina or Saskatoon stop? Preferably Regina, after all - it is "the city that rhymes with fun".

SK'ers - GET SIGNING! and make sure you tell your friends! :gossip:

So this is love
01-08-2012, 02:31 PM
They prolly taking some time off during the tour, maybe wives birthdays, relax a bit etc...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-08-2012, 02:32 PM
After typing all of those tour dates in both the Tour Forum and Calendar, there are three such gaps:

April 1st to April 10th

May 11th to May 17th

June 5th to June 12th

Could it be waiting for available dates at certain venues? Could be....

But I think rather they're in there so the band (and crew) can take a break once a month....

kwame k
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
After typing all of those tour dates in both the Tour Forum and Calendar, there are three such gaps:

April 1st to April 10th

May 11th to May 17th

June 5th to June 12th

Could it be waiting for available dates at certain venues? Could be....

But I think rather they're in there so the band (and crew) can take a break once a month....

That's my guess......these guys aren't in their 20's any more!

binnie
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
That would be Wolfie's nap time.

He gets cranky if he misses it....

kwame k
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
That would be Wolfie's nap time.

He gets cranky if he misses it....

:bolt:

Hardrock69
01-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey now. If Wolfy was still 16, I would laugh, but I am not going to ridicule him ever again. He is a MAN now, and has proven himself under fire.

That is all. :gulp:

VAiN
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I like that when I catch the April 10 S.Florida show VH will be well rested and itchin to get back to it. I'll be following them around Florida fo sho!

LoungeMachine
01-08-2012, 06:53 PM
LMMFAO................

New Album, New Tour, Exclusive Content GIVEN to us...........

:gulp:

And yet there's still people unhappy with it.....

Good luck with your "petition", we all know from past experience how well the VH camp responds to pleas......

:lmao:

LoungeMachine
01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Selfish bastards.....how dare they want to take a few days off here and there....

Shit at their age, it was probably put into the TOUR INSURANCE RIDER that they needed to rest every now and then :)

TJMKID
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
They're in Edmonton on the 11th, and Winnipeg on the 17th. In my opinion, that leaves room open for one more show in between, and what the heck, there's an entire province that they're jumping over in the process.

So yes, I have created an on-line petition to try to get them here! Hell, ANYTHING'S worth a try!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-van-halen-to-saskatchewan/

I'm wondering if DDE could perhaps tell me how many signatures they would need to consider a Regina or Saskatoon stop? Preferably Regina, after all - it is "the city that rhymes with fun".

Good luck with that petition ---- I got a nice airport I wanna sell you!

Dave, Ed, and Alex are in their late 50's --- these intermittent weeks off are a nice way to recharge the old bones and perhaps jet off to the beach for a little RNR for a few days. Roadies love it, too.

Wolfie is a young kid with lots of energy so maybe he'll use the days off to jam in a small club with a local band ---- I think Eddie used to do that in his younger days on tour.

binnie
01-09-2012, 02:39 AM
Hey now. If Wolfy was still 16, I would laugh, but I am not going to ridicule him ever again. He is a MAN now, and has proven himself under fire.

That is all. :gulp:#

If he's a man now it just means that he can take having his balls busted.

Angel
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
For fucks sake people, lighten the fuck up?!?! Yes, I'm certain it's scheduled breaks, and yes I am fully aware of the bands reputation in treating their fans...and I'm not bitching, not at all.

Do I really think a petition will work? Highly doubtful. But NOTHING gets accomplished if nobody tries. And the last person that petitioned to get a show here ended up having an all expenses paid trip to another city to be "a roving reporter" for one of the radio stations. Doubtful VH would come here...the arenas too small and its too cold for the stadium.

And Binnie, if your true age is as shown, you're not much older than Wolf. Go have a nap.

DavidLeeNatra
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
rehab...

Angel
01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Can't find it anywhere else, but Ticketmaster Canada just added "the City that Rhymes with Fun" on May 15th!!!!!:cheer: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&user_input=&q=van+halen&search.x=0&search.y=0

YEAH!!! REGINA, MAY 15TH!!!!!

Angel
01-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Good luck with your "petition", we all know from past experience how well the VH camp responds to pleas......

:lmao:Obviously, I had nothing to do with it. But somehow, someone figured out they were skipping over the province. Just added today: Regina, SK: The City that Rhymes With Fun: May 15th ;) http://v2.iloveallaccess.com/Tours/van-halen/van-halen-2012 So far, there is no official word, and this can only be found on the Ticketmaster website. I'm hunting for something more official...:tongue0011:

TJMKID
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Obviously, I had nothing to do with it. But somehow, someone figured out they were skipping over the province. Just added today: Regina, SK: The City that Rhymes With Fun: May 15th ;) http://v2.iloveallaccess.com/Tours/van-halen/van-halen-2012 So far, there is no official word, and this can only be found on the Ticketmaster website. I'm hunting for something more official...:tongue0011:

Hmmm --- maybe online petitions really do work?

Can we start one to get Mike Sobolewski back in the band and put Wolfie on rhythm guitar ???

SNIPER
01-10-2012, 02:58 PM
There will be more dates, I can't see them skipping the entire north west.

Angel
01-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Hmmm --- maybe online petitions really do work?

Can we start one to get Mike Sobolewski back in the band and put Wolfie on rhythm guitar ???Why would we want to do that? I have a feeling that this time I WON'T be going for a pee during the bass solo... I have a feeling little Wolfie is about to blow some minds in a very big way!!!

ZahZoo
01-10-2012, 03:36 PM
There will be more dates, I can't see them skipping the entire north west.

I gotta think you are correct... there's a lot of skipped real estate with what's been announced.

Full Bug
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
You should fly out to Toronto and go to the show with me Angel, forget the rest....
OK, do them too, but come to Toronto.....:)

Romeo Delight
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
LMMFAO................

New Album, New Tour, Exclusive Content GIVEN to us...........

And yet there's still people unhappy with it.....

:lmao:

yeah...and there is that little thing about those gawd-awful unions being mentioned in the song.

People are just idiots...no revelation I know. We wouldn't want the common man to have things like a living wage and protection from an unjustified firing...

Romeo Delight
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I thought he was talking about the American Civil War at first...actually that woudl be kind of cool if he was.

Angel
01-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I thought he was talking about the American Civil War at first...actually that woudl be kind of cool if he was.That's what I thought too...

Angel
01-10-2012, 06:04 PM
You should fly out to Toronto and go to the show with me Angel, forget the rest....
OK, do them too, but come to Toronto.....:)You buying? ;)

WACF
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
If there are rumours of Regina there may be hope for Saskatoon.

Angel you hear if it is Brandt centre?

WACF
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
yeah...and there is that little thing about those gawd-awful unions being mentioned in the song.

People are just idiots...no revelation I know. We wouldn't want the common man to have things like a living wage and protection from an unjustified firing...

I gotta hear the whole thing yet.

Wife thinks I am nuts...we are on vacation and I spent an hour in the lobby trying to get my iPod to hook up to the free wi-fi so I could get the song on iTunes.

Eventually I got it to download but the beach was calling...what do you do...it's VH.

As a Union guy you've got me curious.

BITEYOASS
01-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm guessing maybe TV/Radio appearances?

Angel
01-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Well, it's gone from Ticket master now, but radio station is making a "big concert announcement this morning. Sorry, WACF...looks like you guys get Nickelback.

Carmine
01-11-2012, 07:44 AM

Sig worthy...

Angel
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
My conversation with the sponsoring radio station:
Z99: The BIG announcement will now be heard at 11 am with Cassity

Angel: The BIG, not so secret anymore one?

Z99 Shhhhhhhh! ;) -- Buzz

Angel: LMAO. I'll shhhhhh... but I can't guarantee others won't stupidly put something on the internet first. ;)
__________________________________________________ ___________

Looks like we'll be adding another meet up thread!

Angel
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
WTF is going on in this stupid fucking city? It's on the local news last night...it's in the local newspaper...Radio stations announce this morning that Nickleshit is going to Saskatoon, and the VH May 15 date in Regina is GONE FROM TICKETMASTER! Would someone please tell me what's going on here? FOR FUCKS SAKE THIS CITY SUCKS SHIT!!!! NO WONDER NO ONE EVER COMES HERE!!!!!

DFVH5150
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry about the wrong forum thing, Chef:

It doesn’t technically say “more dates soon” or anything of that nature on the official site or press release, and by the way people (like in Utah) are talking they think these are the only tour dates for the entire tour. That can’t be the case. Am I right? Does anyone know the answer? I’m sure I speak for the vast majority of people here who are going to multiple shows (and preferably would like to spread them out) when I say we need to know either way soon! I don’t need to know “when” they would be coming to Ohio, but at least know that they are at some point.

At least going by larger cities (I just went by cities with sports teams), here’s who’s missing:

Newark/East Rutherford, Baltimore, Miami, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco.

Granted, some of those are close enough (St. Paul/Minneapolis, Oakland-San Jose/San Francisco), but that’s still pretty weird. Not to mention how fucked you are if you live in any of the states west of the Mississippi outside of CA, AZ, TX, MO, CO, or WA. What about that huge part of the country with the Dakotas, Montana, Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, etc.? And they couldn’t possibly be skipping ALL of Ohio.

Plus the 45-city-factor. Here’s a list of all their tours since the ‘90s and how many dates were scheduled.

’91-’92 F*CK: 99
’93 LRHRN: 63
’95 BAL 131
’98 VH3: 95
’04 TBOBW: 86
’07-’08 Reunion: 79
’12 ADKOT: 45?????

Thank God Pittsburgh’s on there…

If anyone knows for sure or at least has a pretty good idea of the answer, please respond. Thank you.

Roth & Roll
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I would be shocked if additional cities aren't squeezed into open dates between shows - traditionally, this is the way it's always been done.

Addiitonal cities/dates are almost always added if the demand is there.

My advice to those in cities like Salt Lake City and Cleveland is this: remain patient - it's only a matter of time before dates in those cities are added.

DFVH5150
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Just for the record to the mods, I posted this as a new one because I was referring to a whole new leg of the tour, not squeezing in a couple cities in Canada which is what this thread was all about. Guess I could’ve just piggy-backed it in hindsight. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

twonabomber
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
It doesn’t technically say “more dates soon” or anything of that nature on the official site or press release

there was a "more dates TBA" or similar on the Live Nation VH page, this was posted where the early April gap is. i can't find it now, but i saw it Monday.

DFVH5150
01-12-2012, 12:01 AM
TBA--good to know. I don't think they've ever missed Cleveland since '78, so I'm sure they'll be there.

twonabomber
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM
i know they came through multiple times during the Van Hagar years, and Dave was here twice on Skyscraper. i think they'll make it. hopefully not at Blossom, but if i gotta drive there i will.

Angel
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Just for the record to the mods, I posted this as a new one because I was referring to a whole new leg of the tour, not squeezing in a couple cities in Canada which is what this thread was all about. Guess I could’ve just piggy-backed it in hindsight. Sorry again for the inconvenience.Just a reminder that when the news first broke, they said they would be announcing "the first leg" of the tour. I'm sure there are more to come...

Angel
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Looks like Ticketmaster is either leaking info early, or royally fucking up, whichever way you want to look at it. They had dates posted for St. Louis as well.
Van Halen Has No Confirmed Shows at the Scottrade Center, Despite Reports Otherwise
By Kiernan Maletsky Thu., Jan. 12 2012 at 11:47 AM Comments (1)
Categories: News
0digg

Wikimedia Commons
David Lee Roth
​Van Halen fans disappointed the band's spring 2012 tour did not include a St. Louis stop saw a glimmer of hope this morning when Ticketmaster posted information about an April 29th date at the Scottrade Center and the Post-Dispatch reported the show.
But there was cause for skepticism -- no mention of the show in anywhere through the band or the venue. We contacted the Scottrade Center, and a representative has verified that there is currently no Van Halen shows confirmed at the venue for this year.

So either there is an announcement coming and Ticketmaster slipped the information out early or there was simply a glitch somewhere and bad information went public. We've reached out to the vendor and will update with more information as we get it.

The mystery grows...

vandeleur
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Just a reminder that when the news first broke, they said they would be announcing "the first leg" of the tour. I'm sure there are more to come...

First leg sounds good , american leg of the world tour sounds better :rockon:

Jagermeister
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Umm. Ticketbastards still has a st.louis show listed. Apr 29th.

SNIPER
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I have 1,600 bucks set aside for my VH tour fund. I sure hope they get some north west dates added or I will have to use some for travel costs.

Angel
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Umm. Ticketbastards still has a st.louis show listed. Apr 29th.My bad, I assumed they'd taken it down the same time as they did the Regina listing. However, there is still no official confirmation of the St. Louis show that I can find, and the only place you see it listed is on the TM site. Who knows what may be going on??

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Well it was bullshit. I got much worse seats than were available last night on the Amex presale. Very disappointed.

Jagermeister
01-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Well it was bullshit. I got much worse seats than were available last night on the Amex presale. Very disappointed.

That's sucks. What did you look last night at the regular sale and see better seats?

I have told this story before but i'll tell it again. On the last tour I was online right as the sale started. Got 2 good seats on the foor stage left behind the mixing board. Went back to see what would happen if I tried to get two more and fuck me. 2 seats 10 row stage left. Fuckin kick ass seats. Fuck it, I bought those to. Sold the other 2 to a guy that worked for me. I may do the same thing this time. If you get good floor seats and don't get greedy you can sell um.

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, I did see better seats last night. If I had the Amex card I would have gotten them. And I'll keep telling the story of deciding to go to Montreal at the last minute only to get seats just four seats away from the front stage. I could see Dave's nose hair. They had taken VIP seats they couldn't sell and knocked em down to real people prices. It was only around 100 bucks. I may try that again for Boston in a couple of weeks.

twonabomber
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
you found the Montreal tickets something like a week before the show, i think.

Sensible Shoes
01-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep and we piled in the Urban assault vehicle and roadtripped up there. What a great time.

Hardrock69
01-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Oops. Thought Boston had 2 shows but it was just 2 listings for the same show...one was the VIP listing.