PDA

View Full Version : The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I think it says Tramp stamp tat...

Just having fun Elbow!

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Nah. Ain't buying it. That kind of riffage, which is pretty pedestrian, just doesn't seem like EVH

chefcraig
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
I dunno - after the Cafe Wha gig I was looking on Youtube and I found clips of this guy that were screaming 'Waldo - opening on the next Van Halen tour'.

My guess is he's just making it up to generate interest.

You mean joining a site and in his very first post, using it as an act of shameless self-promotion? People don't really use the internet for such a thing, do they?

ELVIS
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Just having fun Elbow!

Just sayin' SuxinixuS!

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:39 PM
You mean joining a site and in his very first post, using it as an act of shameless self-promotion? People don't really use the internet for such a thing, do they?

Whatever happened to honesty, I ask you ... well, I guess that we are all our avatars in here!! I have to 'fess up. My avatar is not really me, It is Vilem Flusser. Honest. I swear.

sadaist
01-14-2012, 07:40 PM
A minute of Blood and Fire leaked on youtube awhile ago, it was promptly deleted. But this guy did a Cover of the leaked clip, this isn't helping my impatience for the new music!!
If your interested you can Check it out just to hear how the song sounds in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZX0ZdH70-o

If this is an imitation of what the tune sounds like...holy shit! It IS the killing side of CVH. Props to this dude for 1 - EVH Kramer, and 2 - always thought it'd be fun to do something like this.

Roth on!

chefcraig
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Whatever happened to honesty, I ask you ... well, I guess that we are all our avatars in here!! I have to 'fess up. My avatar is not really me, It is Vilem Flusser. Honest. I swear.

Are you shitting me? All this time I thought it was Enzo Ferrari. Seriously! :lmao:

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
If this is an imitation of what the tune sounds like...holy shit! It IS the killing side of CVH. Props to this dude for 1 - EVH Kramer, and 2 - always thought it'd be fun to do something like this.

Roth on!

Well, you know, considering "it was only up there on youtube for a couple of minutes" he managed to kind get all the parts down remarkably quick and, like, record his own version.

I mean, the guy is clearly a genius ... this is as fake as a dude with two dicks

Penalty
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry long time reader just wanted to contribute, Obviously Eddie and Dave sound 100x better from the leaked clip than this guy, but its a decent preview of what the song sounded like, hopefully someone else on here also heard the Leaked clip before it got deleted and back me up lol

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Just sayin' SuxinixuS!

Let's Dissect:

Sux: Something you have been able to pronounce since 2nd Grade (The Priest is being investigated).

In: Something you just got back to at the Army.

Ix: Something you think is Mayan and related to 2012.

uS: Something you will never find with any human being.

Now, you should head off to 3rd grade math....I am out of hall passes and you might be late.

Scuttle little one....there is learning Afoot!

:laser:

GreenEyedMurder
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Well...there's four of him in the video...so...by my count...he has one more time to go...

Looks like Patti Smith on vocals.

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Well...this is a merry blend of what the fuck...

GreenEyedMurder

I have no avatar. What does that make me??? :jaw:

POJO_Risin
Looks like Patti Smith on vocals.

So...is McEnroe recording the clip?

chefcraig
01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Well...this is a merry blend of what the fuck...

Yep, fuckery most foul.

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Sorry long time reader just wanted to contribute, Obviously Eddie and Dave sound 100x better from the leaked clip than this guy, but its a decent preview of what the song sounded like, hopefully someone else on here also heard the Leaked clip before it got deleted and back me up lol

It's alright, man. I believe you - I just think that whoever posted this on youtube is pulling a hoax.

GreenEyedMurder
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
So...is McEnroe recording the clip?

No, not Patty Smyth. I mean the screechy woman from the 70s whose appeal totally eludes me.

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I have no avatar. What does that make me??? :jaw:

Unusual! A real person, too honest to use a fake pic, but not willing to reveal anything ...

This could be like reading tea leaves. What's in an avatar, or a lack of an avatar ?

GreenEyedMurder
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Unusual! A real person, too honest to use a fake pic, but not willing to reveal anything ...

This could be like reading tea leaves. What's in an avatar, or a lack of an avatar ?

Well, my article about the Cafe Wha? show link has been posted, and there is a byline pic of me in the article, so I'm not exactly anonymous.

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Aah...that makes more sense...

and damn...he does look like Patty Smith...

VHscraps
01-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Alright - I never saw it. So much been going on here that it's hard keeping tabs on everything.

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
No, not Patty Smyth. I mean the screechy woman from the 70s whose appeal totally eludes me.

Ummm She Was the Warrior!

Janis?

Edith?

This Woman?

http://www.catalogs.com/info/bestof/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/70s_show.jpg

Welcome to our boring saturday nights G!

:amen:

conmee
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, we need to be more accommodating and welcoming to all god's children on this board.

Also, that is me in the avatar, Mad Men style, since you know, I'm like, in the ad biz.

HONESTY RULEZ!©®™

Icon©®™

twonabomber
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
i like the way the "leaked" video has things marked. you know, "guitar," "bass," "drums." i mean, i never knew that's what all those things were called!

ZahZoo
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM

I admit it... I'm Al Swearengen...

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
I've not clicked the video...but if I do...and he...well...you doesn't/don't say cunt...

I'll be disappointed...

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
"fucking dunce?"

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY FUCKING CUNT!!!!

Very...very disappointed...

Sweet Irony
01-14-2012, 09:00 PM
hahaha! dunce!?! awww poj...

POJO_Risin
Much better...you cocksucking cunts...

Va Beach VH Fan
What the FUCK is it doing in this thread ??

POJO_Risin
Sorry for the language Irony...but...you know me...I was deadwood before deadwood...;)

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 09:02 PM
What the FUCK is it doing in this thread ??

Oh shit...the fucking cunt forum police just showed up...

wait a second...

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Alright Va...to explain...and it'll be very clear once you read this...

We were talking about the song...then about a supposed leaked video...then how the leaked video is gone, but how Patty Smith recorded a one minute clip of it herself...

Patty then joined for the third time to tell us about it, except she denied it. We decided that she could join one more time, because she recorded herself for times, playing each instrument.

From there, we decided there was a fifth member of her band...either her mother, or John McEnroe, even though it's Smith...not Smyth...

From there, we decided that we were, or weren't our actual avatars...

...hence the Deadwood reference...

christ...it should be clear you cocksucker...

Sweet Irony
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry for the language Irony...but...you know me...I was deadwood before deadwood...;)

dont apologize to ME, poj....In fact, I think you juggled posts...I was still chucklin over 'dunce'!!

I understand exactly how you are feeling right about now....

Sweet Irony
01-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I dont know if its POJO or me...but if its me---then Im majorly confused for no good reason!! :D

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2012, 09:10 PM

We were talking about the song...then about a supposed leaked video...then how the leaked video is gone, but how Patty Smith recorded a one minute clip of it herself...

Patty then joined for the third time to tell us about it, except she denied it. We decided that she could join one more time, because she recorded herself for times, playing each instrument.

From there, we decided there was a fifth member of her band...either her mother, or John McEnroe, even though it's Smith...not Smyth...

Why didn't you say so ?

Fucking cunt....

POJO_Risin
01-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Why didn't you say so ?

Fucking cunt....

Honest to god...there isn't a book out there as entertaining as THE DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY!!!!!

SunisinuS
01-14-2012, 09:22 PM
and GEEEEEESSSSSS Since you are all here.....What the Hell are they singing into the Guitar Strings (and therefore the pickups) at the end of the Song?

The End of Tattoo?

And don't tell me "Cocksucker" you fucking dipshits.

GreenEyedMurder
01-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Honest to god...there isn't a book out there as entertaining as THE DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY!!!!!

AIn't that the truth! I've been in a very bad mood, but coming back here and reading all the comments is actually making me laugh a bit. THanks, guys!

chefcraig
01-14-2012, 10:37 PM
and GEEEEEESSSSSS Since you are all here.....What the Hell are they singing into the Guitar Strings (and therefore the pickups) at the end of the Song?

The End of Tattoo?

And don't tell me "Cocksucker" you fucking dipshits.

It's really hard as hell to decipher, yet I'm fairly certain it comes in an edit from this brief Peanuts cartoon clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1oVdOxKko

ELVIS
01-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Just don't tear the ELVIS pages out...

:elvis:

ashstralia
01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
still weird to see Van Halen - Tattoo on the itunes header. jeebus, good song but.

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 09:27 AM
OK, no more deadwood and peanuts shit! :focus:

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Right now I'm PWNING this troll named ROTHBLOWS in the comments section of the video. :D

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
The funny thing is that all of these YouTube views by the troll sheep have only added more views to the video. Which in turn, gives =VH= more of that YouTube ad revenue.

ZahZoo
01-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Finally... the Army returns to normal...

Rikk
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I've always liked to show my enemies the front door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmzxFifOuNE&feature=related

lesfunk
01-15-2012, 01:21 PM
The Power of Tattoo is working. A buddy of mine who shit all over the song when it came out, I mean, a real Chickenshitter; Totally reversed his position today on his facebook by posting that he was WRONG and the song totally grows on him.

sadaist
01-15-2012, 01:36 PM
The Power of Tattoo is working. A buddy of mine who shit all over the song when it came out, I mean, a real Chickenshitter; Totally reversed his position today on his facebook by posting that he was WRONG and the song totally grows on him.

It really needs to be heard & not seen. The video distracts fro m the song. Dave acts a little over silly/excited in a few spots. I dig the video...but only after I had heard the song LOUD on the radio several times. I just think it sounds better when your attention is solely on the song & your imagination creates VH the way each person likes to imagine them best.

In fact, the official video shouldn't even have them in it. Just tattooed naked women pole dancing.

Little Texan
01-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I've noticed a "reverse" theme in the video. It starts out with Dave waving a checkered flag in reverse, then at several other points in the video the video is reversed, and the original intro of Down In Flames is heard as the outro at the end of the video.

VHscraps
01-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I like the reverse touch on the song, too - the end is the beginning, or back to the future .. or something like that. What did Dave say to the audience when they came on stage at the Wha? 'You're entering time tunnel'!!

I just wonder if that was what they were intending with Tattoo - putting that intro from DIF at the end as a nod to the past. It's only something the nutty fans like us would pick up on.

ZahZoo
01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
I think the reverse business in the video is just some creative license taken by the filming/editing staff... nothing more.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 02:16 PM
TATTOO / Up for Breakfast. No fucking comparison. Nuff said.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Don'y know why I felt the need to post that, but there it is.lol.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
It's the #2 song in Canada...

Nickelshit is #1 and #3 there...

Don't know what they're talkin' aboot...

Don't know what that's all aboot. I don'y know anyone up here who is a fan of that shit.

vandeleur
01-15-2012, 04:16 PM
After beating people down all week playing the single , loads of none CVH fans are liking the new tune...Lots are saying I'd buy it or i would definatley go see them lol as if they will play newcastle but it shows there could be a new main stream market for them ... Hook them with the single then land them with the 6 pack .

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I hope they make it over there for you guys this time.

vandeleur
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I hope they make it over there for you guys this time.

:rockon:

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Well the song is going down a little bit on the itunes charts. Of course that's probably due to the fact that the cheaper Amazon.com mp3 is available for purchase.

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Another reason is that the sales are tabulated hourly, so most everybody has probably purchased the damn thing in the first few days. Who knows what the Billboard results are going to be.

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I just heard VH is going Vinyl on new record!!!

kwame k
01-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Any word on 8-track ;)

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Any word on 8-track ;)

I will have to get back to you on that one, Kwame:horn:

Sensible Shoes
01-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I wish I could get the whole six pack on vinyl - although I don't know why.

kwame k
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I will have to get back to you on that one, Kwame:horn:

I keed......

I've been seriously wanting to get back into vinyl....building a system again.

CD's, MP3's just suck......guitar tone killers, IMO!

kwame k
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM

Sounds better and I wish I had my vinyl six-pack back:pullinghair:

Sensible Shoes
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
If I still had a turntable that would help.

kwame k
01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
If I still had records that would help, too;)

hambon4lif
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I wish I could get the whole six pack on vinyl - although I don't know why.Because it would kick ass, that's why! I've got the six-pack on the new 180g vinyl and it's fucking awesome!
When you turn up the volume on a CD, it just makes loud noises in the air. When you crank the volume on vinyl, it moves the air itself.

.....and when I get this new VH on vinyl, I'm gonna turn it up so loud that everyone in the neighborhood gets pregnant!

FTW!

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Ha!! I just like the way they smell. Plus It will look nice in my soon to be 7 pack display. This is:thumb: good news for me.

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM

I seem to remember having to get up all the time to turn them over though.

kwame k
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Ha!! I just like the way they smell. Plus It will look nice in my soon to me 7 pack display. This is:thumb: good news for me.

:beers8:

That snap, crackle, pop when the needle hits the record and then POW....sonic bombast!

Man, I miss that shit!

Vinnie Velvet
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

That's right.

I just put in my order at Live Nation.com.

You get a special gatefold cover! It's gonna be great!

Julius
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I've noticed a "reverse" theme in the video. It starts out with Dave waving a checkered flag in reverse, then at several other points in the video the video is reversed, and the original intro of Down In Flames is heard as the outro at the end of the video.

If you play the video backwards you can clearly hear "Paul is dead".

Vinnie Velvet
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=13281_16771_54521&pc=XM03COMBO

kwame k
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM

They were two sided :headlights:

fifth element
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM

my boss and i were talking...(he's the only person that I work with who is excited about the VH single, tour, album, etc...), was telling me that he still has all of VH's previous albums in vinyl...
was telling me in detail about the day he saw one of their concerts...(I think he said 1979.)...

lol...should have seen his eyes light up when he started to talk about David Lee Roth...

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
:beers8:

That snap, crackle, pop when the needle hits the record and then POW....sonic bombast!

Man, I miss that shit!

HELL YES!!!!! Just got the chills!!!!

kwame k
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
my boss and i were talking...(he's the only person that I work with who is excited about the VH single, tour, album, etc...), was telling me that he still has all of VH's previous albums in vinyl...
was telling me in detail about the day he saw one of their concerts...(I think he said 1979.)...

lol...should have seen his eyes light up when he started to talk about David Lee Roth...

Well, he likes CVH....he can't be all that bad!

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
If I still had a turntable that would help.

It's weird isn't it?

I had someone turn up at my New Years Eve do with a single another one of the guests had released back in the mid 80s. There was much excitement about this artefact until I had to break the news I had no way to play it.

SunisinuS
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
It's weird isn't it?

I had someone turn up at my New Years Eve do with a single another one of the guests had released back in the mid 80s. There was much excitement about this artefact until I had to break the news I had no way to play it.

They are still easy to get. 200$ will get you one.

:)

GreenEyedMurder
01-16-2012, 12:01 AM

I dug up my vinyls of I, II & 1984.

Seshmeister
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM

I don't even know where my vinyl is, I think it went about 3 houses ago.

Actually I've been thinking I might throw out my 200 hundred CDs.

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
About 10 years ago I moved into a house that had a box left behind in the closet in one of the extra bedrooms. After a couple of years I decided to finally check it out. I was pleased to find it was full of classic LP records. 4 of them were VH. 1, 2, FW, & DD. Nice find.

DavidLeeNatra
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Have listened a few times now and it's really grown on me. Great song I reckon. love the lyrics.

davidLeeNatra, I just spent 3 weeks in Berlin. Loved it and loved the people,art and vibe

should have known ;)

IceCreamBlondie
01-16-2012, 02:16 AM
ive seen so many new names in the last 2 weeks that i'm pretty sure there are as many new as there are old....and as many RETURNING members as .........well, you get the picture...

at any rate, whoever you are...errrrrr....were.....

welcome back!!!!!!!

Thanks..returning member here.!!!

ROTH ON!!!

ashstralia
01-16-2012, 02:28 AM

there are bargains if you're willing to hunt!
i picked up my mitsubishi dp-84da direct drive for $25 from the local salvo's (charity shop)

back to topic... fuck i love this song. =VH=

oh yeah, welcome back icecreamblondie!

sambo
01-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Tattoo is closing in on 2 million views on YouTube. Tomorrow is one week since the release.

2 million views in one week.

That's
285,714 views per day
11,904 views every hour
198 views per minute
3.3 views EVERY SECOND..

THE END.

oh, my review still stands... SONG ROCKS.. PUTS A SMILE ON YOUR FACE... THE END.

IceCreamBlondie
01-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Because it would kick ass, that's why! I've got the six-pack on the new 180g vinyl and it's fucking awesome!
When you turn up the volume on a CD, it just makes loud noises in the air. When you crank the volume on vinyl, it moves the air itself.

.....and when I get this new VH on vinyl, I'm gonna turn it up so loud that everyone in the neighborhood gets pregnant!

FTW!

I couldn't agree more. Hell, I kept my vinyl and turntable...and it still sounds AWESOME after all these years, better than any download ever will.

So glad my six pack will now become a seven pack! (or is that a six pack with a bonus 40 oz - er?) CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE VINYL RELEASE!!! :happy0065:

Nitro Express
01-16-2012, 02:48 AM
I couldn't agree more. Hell, I kept my vinyl and turntable...and it still sounds AWESOME after all these years, better than any download ever will.

So glad my six pack will now become a seven pack! (or is that a six pack with a bonus 40 oz - er?) CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE VINYL RELEASE!!! :happy0065:

You get the full dynamics of sound with analog recording and a quality vinyl recording and a good turntable is unbeatable for that. Nothing they make today can rival the sound quality the high end systems of the late 1960's and 1970's could produce. plus the equipment was put into beautifully made cases not the low gauge bent sheet metal and plastic shit they make now. What we get now is no background noise and convenience.

VanHalener
01-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Thanks..returning member here.!!!

ROTH ON!!!

OWWWWWW!
Welcome back.

Get your Van Halen on right here before your naked streaming eyes!

~WHEWWWWWW~

Nitro Express
01-16-2012, 02:55 AM
I keed......

I've been seriously wanting to get back into vinyl....building a system again.

CD's, MP3's just suck......guitar tone killers, IMO!

I have a bunch of McIntosh stuff and this is what I have learned. Go with a tube preamp and a modern high quality solid state power amp. Frankly some of the PA power amps are very good now. Then put your money into the speakers.

Halen High
01-16-2012, 03:11 AM

When CDs were first released, I made the mistake of selling most of my vinyl albums. I kept some CVH and a few others but sold about 100-120 albums all up - boy do I regret that now. I've bought a few second hand ones lately - they range from about $15-$40 in Australia (second hand).

Absolutely thrilled to hear A Different Kind Of Truth will be released on vinyl.

Jetstream
01-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Being an artist, I love the large scale cover art of vinyl. I have Van Halen I, Wome and Children First (with classic Dave poster) Fair Warning, Eat Em' N Smile, Crazy From the Heat and Skyscraper and I treasure them

Halen High
01-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Being an artist, I love the large scale cover art of vinyl. I have Van Halen I, Wome and Children First (with classic Dave poster) Fair Warning, Eat Em' N Smile, Crazy From the Heat and Skyscraper and I treasure them

I'm not an artist but I share your interest in cover art. CDs just don't have the same impact.

VHscraps
01-16-2012, 04:32 AM

That's what you call an 'investment'; those of us who learned about it appreciate music in a way that younger folks who are growing up with downloads don't. Getting up to change sides was just the last stage in a lot of effort to get to the music - beginning, often, with having to send away and wait weeks, or making a special journey to Glasgow, the nearest city to where I lived, and which was the only way you would be guaranteed to get what you wanted.

Investments worth making! And, you don't skip tracks, or just listen to the first 20 seconds of it on youtube before saying 'this sucks'!!

Roth & Roll
01-16-2012, 08:30 AM
That's what you call an 'investment'; those of us who learned about it appreciate music in a way that younger folks who are growing up with downloads don't. Getting up to change sides was just the last stage in a lot of effort to get to the music - beginning, often, with having to send away and wait weeks, or making a special journey to Glasgow, the nearest city to where I lived, and which was the only way you would be guaranteed to get what you wanted.

Investments worth making! And, you don't skip tracks, or just listen to the first 20 seconds of it on youtube before saying 'this sucks'!!

Unfortunately, much of what you say is a lost art. I hate to generalize, but the large majority of folks under 35 who grew up in the "digital" age will never understand, or experience this. And that is unfortunate, because that feeling of excitement is one that I remember fondly from my high school years.

Heck, i still vividly remember skipping school and making the 30 minute walk to Sam The Record Man while it was -20 outside, to buy 1984 when it was first released. It was all worth it the second I got home, cranked up my sound system and popped the needle down on side 2 (I always used to listed to new records from side 2 first - a quirky habit), and being completely blown away by Hot For Teacher.

ZahZoo
01-16-2012, 08:47 AM
I have a bunch of McIntosh stuff and this is what I have learned. Go with a tube preamp and a modern high quality solid state power amp. Frankly some of the PA power amps are very good now. Then put your money into the speakers.

Can't stress the speaker part... that's the single biggest sin of the digital age. It's doesn't fucking matter how sonically perfect the CD/DVD is and playback unit digitally processes it!! If you are sending that output to a pair of 3/8ths inch ear buds you are losing 90% of the sound... laptop speakers 85% lost... even a good computer speaker system with a 5 inch sub and 2 2.5 inch tweeters you are just getting over driven lows and highs.

On topic... I first listened to Tattoo with ear buds. Caught the groove and mix sounded... just ok. When I got the chance to crack it in my studio... the song breathed. The sonic space opened up wide open. I could not only hear but feel Al's kick drum and Wolf's bass... On another site some yahoo "remastered" the MP3 that was released... claiming it must of been unmastered. Some comments were positive... all he did was run it through an EQ and tweeked the frequencies and hushed some high end. Totally unnecessary... only enhanced the tiny speaker experience. Which sucks no matter what you do and how much you spend on headphones...

Seriously... this won't even sound like the same song live... through real speakers. It will kill...

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
VH - A Different Kind of Truth - available in double vinyl gatefold cover:

http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=13281_16771_54521&pc=XM03COMBO

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Aw shit! The "Tattoo" video now has over 2 MILLION views on YouTube! :clap:

INeedYou
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Now folks just have music on... We grew up listening to it! And I still do to this day. At work someone'll turn on the iPod, crank it, then walk out. I'd rather leave it off because I tend to distract myself by wantining to listen too closely! I tell 'em I take it too seriously to have it on in the background. BTW, all my vinyl has travelled with me through 30-plus years of travels, including the 6pack and the DLR poster!

sonrisa salvaje
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of any sales figures yet on the first week of downloads for Tattoo? I am curious to know how many bought the single like i did.

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of any sales figures yet on the first week of downloads for Tattoo? I am curious to know how many bought the single like i did.

We won't know until the new Billboard charts are released on Thursday.

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
We won't know until the new Billboard charts are released on Thursday.

So, do you think Tattoo could crack the top 20? I mean the actual chart - not the rock chart.

chi-town324
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM
wasnt it # 18 on the rock charts?...i could be wrong

sadaist
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
So, do you think Tattoo could crack the top 20? I mean the actual chart - not the rock chart.

Do any rock songs chart there anymore? When was the last time a bonafide rock band charted on the mainstream board? Nickleback doesn't count.

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Do any rock songs chart there anymore? When was the last time a bonafide rock band charted on the mainstream board? Nickleback doesn't count.

Don't know.

I haven't looked at the Billboard chart for 15 years.

sadaist
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Don't know what that's all aboot. I don'y know anyone up here who is a fan of that shit.

re: nickleback being #1 & #3 in Canada charts.

dude, didn't you guys boo them out of some hockey game recently? Or threaten to boycott the game? I know something went down where the fans were pissed about having to see that crap band.

sadaist
01-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't know.

I haven't looked at the Billboard chart for 15 years.

:lmao:

So I'm browsing Billboard for Van Halen & find this sure to be a nugget of a tune...

Lick My Pussy Eddie Van Halen - by Sylvia Juncosa

http://www.billboard.com/#/song/sylvia-juncosa/lick-my-pussy-eddie-van-halen/1735894

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
re: nickleback being #1 & #3 in Canada charts.

dude, didn't you guys boo them out of some hockey game recently? Or threaten to boycott the game? I know something went down where the fans were pissed about having to see that crap band.

Actually that was the Lions vs. Packers thanksgiving day game at Ford Field, in which Nickelhacks were going to play the halftime show. Fans of both teams were pissed, as well as the Lions fans who lived across the border in the Windsor, ONT metro area.

sadaist
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks man. I knew a bunch of people were pissed somewhere up north about having to see those fags.

Angel
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm afraid the Nickleback freaks are all the fucking banjo pluckin' hillbillies here in the West. They're from Saskatchewan, and the loyalty here is almost as strong as it is to the Riders football team. (HUGE). I don't get it at all, because there are some GOOD rocking indie bands here, many of which are on the soundtrack for the tv series I'm in. Unfortunately, this is the land of fucking country music...and Nickleshit.

WACF
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm afraid the Nickleback freaks are all the fucking banjo pluckin' hillbillies here in the West. They're from Saskatchewan, and the loyalty here is almost as strong as it is to the Riders football team. (HUGE). I don't get it at all, because there are some GOOD rocking indie bands here, many of which are on the soundtrack for the tv series I'm in. Unfortunately, this is the land of fucking country music...and Nickleshit.

Nickelback are from Hanna Ab. but I hear ya.

Here is Saskatoon there is a fair amount of Nickelback hatred but I bet the concert sells out at Credit Union Centre....14,000 ish depending on the stage set up.

Our Rock station is pretty weak here...we were gone for a week so I have no idea how well Tattoo went over.

Have you heard any rumours at all about a Sask. date?
I read on 102's Facebook that something went up and came down just as fast for Saskatoon.

As for the Riders.....what a shit year....but we bleed green...

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM

So I'm browsing Billboard for Van Halen & find this sure to be a nugget of a tune...

Lick My Pussy Eddie Van Halen - by Sylvia Juncosa

http://www.billboard.com/#/song/sylvia-juncosa/lick-my-pussy-eddie-van-halen/1735894

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 03:10 PM

Is there a lot of meth addicts in Nickelback country? I hear that a lot of Meth from the USA is imported to that part of the country, while the weed is sent to us damn yanks. :D

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
You'd figure a lot more british music would be popular in Canada.

Pennypacker
01-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Is one of those bands The Sheepdogs? Those guys are fuckin' solid

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
:focus:

WACF
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Is one of those bands The Sheepdogs? Those guys are fuckin' solid

Sheepdogs are from Saskatoon.

Been enjoying them at various outdoor events for a few years...glad to see they are getting some airplay nation wide.

Mr Walker
01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
My wife and kids listen to the top 40 station on Sirius... and I'll never know how fucking Bush is back in the top forty with a real shitty song... no melody, no hook, no nothing... must be some serious payola (or gwen steffani cock sucking) going on.

clarathecarrot
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I can find no "pussy" or evidence of licking oportunity, and there possibly may be a "event in the pants" for this sylvia, until furthur evidence is presented I will not ( just to save Eddie the trouble) stand in (like for a bro and shit) to lick it.

back on subject:

Angel
01-16-2012, 08:08 PM
:focus:Damn Canucks, always getting off topic!

I think I have figured out why they chose "Tattoo" for the single. They all went home from the studio one night and COULDN'T GET THE DAMN THING OUT OF THEIR HEADS. This song sticks like freaking glue...tattoo tattoo.

(That better, boss?)

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Ok, all I can say is that I hope this single beats the shit out of every rock band out there. No. 1 on the Rock songs chart? Fo Sho! Top 40 hit? Maybe.

BITEYOASS
01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Shit, when =VH= first came out it was a real pain in the ass for a rock band to have a top 40 hit due to disco.

But I tell you what is guaranteed, the album is gonna go platinum and every arena is going to be packed!

Let see those pop-star dipshits try to survive a rock band's touring lifestyle. They would quit in about a month.

WACF
01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Damn Canucks, always getting off topic!

I think I have figured out why they chose "Tattoo" for the single. They all went home from the studio one night and COULDN'T GET THE DAMN THING OUT OF THEIR HEADS. This song sticks like freaking glue...tattoo tattoo.

(That better, boss?)

It is easy to get off track....just having a conversation...that could end up anywhere.

Tattoo is catchy....but...She's the woman....I can not get that one out of my head.

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
VHND just posted on FB, a fan made a reworked video of Tattoo. I like it!! Sorry you have to go there to check it out. I could not figure out how to post it here. But go check it out it is sweet!!

Panamark
01-17-2012, 12:02 AM
FROM VHND !

Van Halen - Tattoo (Fan Video) from Michael Wood on Vimeo.

Panamark
01-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Now I like the video :)

DONNIEP
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I FUCKING LOVE this video!!! Time for a new tat...VH logo anyone?

SunisinuS
01-17-2012, 12:25 AM
I knew the fan vids would come pouring in.

SNIPER
01-17-2012, 12:36 AM
This will go viral!!!

fifth element
01-17-2012, 12:40 AM

*fingers crossed!*

Little Texan
01-17-2012, 12:40 AM
THAT'S how the video SHOULD have been!

fifth element
01-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Now I like the video :)

=) have almost since the start...
all of them look so vibrant and happy....

it just ROCKS!

(but that one is great, also!)

SNIPER
01-17-2012, 12:46 AM
=) have almost since the start...
all of them look so vibrant and happy....

it just ROCKS!

(but that one is great, also!)

It is a reworked video...

DONNIEP
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM
It is a reworked video...

But whomever put it together did a fucking kick-ass job! Tattoo! Geez Louise!

SNIPER
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
But whomever put it together did a fucking kick-ass job! Tattoo! Geez Louise!

Fuck yes he did!! Stellar!!!

DONNIEP
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
All that's missing from the video are:

1. Big-titted women
2. Midgets riding sheep
3. The Fabulous Picasso Brothers
4. A shot of the quad burger at Irv's

DavidLeeNatra
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM
FROM VHND !

outstanding...

Roth & Roll
01-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Got to give the guy kudos - he did say he would make a better video than what the band put out over at the links, and he certainly followed through.

ashstralia
01-17-2012, 01:41 AM
yep; it's great. :thumb:

Jetstream
01-17-2012, 02:03 AM
the fan made video alteration is FANTASTIC!!! serious, the band's people should give the dude a call and make it an official second version. I like the first video but this one really rocks!

Coyote
01-17-2012, 02:15 AM
FROM VHND !

Much better... :)

ashstralia
01-17-2012, 04:14 AM
i can't help wondering if this is part of the grand plan... put the raw band footage out there and watch the talented fans mash it up...

:hula:

binnie
01-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Van Halen has a 'grand plan'?

Who'da thunk it? :D

ashstralia
01-17-2012, 05:21 AM
:beers: :)

DavidLeeNatra
01-17-2012, 05:22 AM

plan is...let Dave run the show...it will work...

fryingdutchman
01-17-2012, 06:53 AM
FROM VHND !

Excellent video!

But I feel bad for the poor claymation hamburger that was probably sued back to the fucking stone age for his use of the frankenstripes....

Halen High
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
i can't help wondering if this is part of the grand plan... put the raw band footage out there and watch the talented fans mash it up...

:hula:

Would not surprise me at all if that's the case.

Halen High
01-17-2012, 07:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with the original video - it's 'Jump 2012'. But in a perfect world, I would have preferred a storyline video with actors or general footage. I like what the fan came up with - very cool. It all adds to the growing fascination with this song, its video and the new album.

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm surprised Weird Al hasn't thought of a parody yet. He'll probably write it about "Fantasy Island" or some shit like that. It might be called "Dee Plane". :lolz:

Seshmeister
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
"Toupée Toupée"

ZahZoo
01-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Fan video is excellent...

sonrisa salvaje
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
According to Blabbermouth, Tattoo will debut at #16 on the Billboard Rock Chart this week. I wonder what Me Wise came in at after its first week of release?

sonrisa salvaje
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
According to Blabbermouth, Tattoo will debut at #16 on the Billboard Rock Chart this week. I wonder what Me Wise came in at after its first week of release?

I answered my own question. Me Wise Magic made its debut at #4 on 10/19/96.

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I can't stand the reworked video...can't stand it at all...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I answered my own question. Me Wise Magic made its debut at #4 on 10/19/96.

Different era than 1996...not just in music choice, but in how these debuts are made. Based on what's been played on the rock channels here, it should be rated higher...it's getting hourly radioplay...and is the only actual rock song with regular airplay...

Whatever...

I could care a less what OTHER people think about the song anyways....

chefcraig
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Different era than 1996...not just in music choice, but in how these debuts are made. Based on what's been played on the rock channels here, it should be rated higher...it's getting hourly radioplay...and is the only actual rock song with regular airplay...

Whatever...

I could care a less what OTHER people think about the song anyways....

Most notably, MTV not only had a news department with updates a couple times per hour, but they had a tendency to play videos at times other than 3 AM.

clarathecarrot
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I am with Pojo on this, that video made me turn the song off 3/4 of the way thru. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a frame per second, picture of Sam in there, fuck that thing just a bunch of tattoos..wtf!

Granted, movie maker is a fun project and woopie..

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Most notably, MTV not only had a news department with updates a couple times per hour, but they had a tendency to play videos at times other than 3 AM.

Well...itunes was the other gamechanger as well...it has completely changed the way people listen to music, and where they listen to it from...which I'm sure is at play in some form or another...

and fucking MTV...hell...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
I am with Pojo on this, that video made me turn the song off 3/4 of the way thru. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a frame per second, picture of Sam in there, fuck that thing just a bunch of tattoos..wtf!

Granted, movie maker is a fun project and woopie..

Finally some sense...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Straight from Diamond Dave Enterprises....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/DLR-HandWritten-TattooLyrics.jpg

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/chart-highlights-van-halen-jumps-onto-rock-1005889352.story

Chart Highlights offers a sneak peek at a select group of Billboard charts every Monday. Find out the top songs, Greatest Gainers and debuts on the surveys listed below.

All our charts are refreshed on billboard.com every Thursday.

Pop Songs
*** No. 1 *** "We Found Love" Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris
Greatest Gainer No. 6 "Set Fire To The Rain" Adele
Debut No. 30 "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" Kelly Clarkson
Debut No. 37 "Glad You Came" The Wanted

Adult Contemporary
*** No. 1 *** "Someone Like You" Adele
Greatest Gainer No. 7 "Mr. Know It All" Kelly Clarkson
Debut No. 29 "A Thousand Years" Christina Perri

Adult Pop Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Mr. Know It All" Kelly Clarkson
Greatest Gainer No. 5 "Set Fire To The Rain" Adele
Debut No. 29 "Drive By" Train
Debut No. 40 "Run" Matt Nathanson Featuring Sugarland

Dance/Club Play Songs
*** No. 1 *** "If It Wasn't For Love" Deborah Cox
Greatest Gainer No. 5 "Turn Me On" David Guetta Featuring Nicki Minaj
Hot Shot Debut No. 39 "Surrender" Paul Oakenfold Featuring J Hart
Debut No. 40 "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" Kelly Clarkson
Debut No. 45 "Stilettos" Emii
Debut No. 47 "Love, Love, Love." Andres Cuervo
Debut No. 48 "Sundown" Chris Lake
Debut No. 50 "Turning Japanese" Genevieve Mariko Wilson

Rap Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Ni**as in Paris" Jay Z Kanye West
Greatest Gainer/Debut No. 23 "Glory" Jay-Z Featuring B.I.C.
Debut No. 25 "Mirror" Lil Wayne Featuring Bruno Mars

Rock Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Lonely Boy" The Black Keys

"Tattoo," the lead single from Van Halen's Feb. 7 comeback album with David Lee Roth, "A Different Kind of Truth," the band's first since 1984's "1984" to feature Roth on lead vocals, blasts onto Rock Songs at No. 16. The song arrives with 4.6 million first-week audience impressions on 78 stations, according to Nielsen BDS.

Hot Shot Debut No. 16 "Tattoo" Van Halen

Debut No. 35 "Simple Song" The Shins
Debut No. 48 "No Resolution" Seether
Debut No. 50 "Drive By" Train

Alternative Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Lonely Boy" The Black Keys
Greatest Gainer/Debut No. 27 "Simple Song" The Shins

Country Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Drink In My Hand" Eric Church
Greatest Gainer No. 23 "Drink On It" Blake Shelton
Hot Shot Debut No. 37 "Banjo" Rascal Flatts
Debut No. 58 "So You Don't Have To Love Me Anymore" Alan Jackson

Latin Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Promise" Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
Greatest Gainer No. 6 "Intentalo" 3BallMTY Featuring El Bebeto y America
Hot Shot Debut No. 34 "Crazy People" Sensato, Pitbull, Sak Noel
Debut No. 38 "Vallenato En Karaoke" Elvis Crespo Featuring Los del Puente
Debut No. 46 "The One That Got Away" Katy Perry
Debut No. 47 "Set Fire To The Rain" Adele

Regional Mexican Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Te Quiero A Morir" Banda El Recodo
Greatest Gainer No. 19 "Tu Ya Eres Cosa Del Pasado" Fidel Rueda
Debut No. 33 "Donde Estaras" La Apuesta
Debut No. 34 "Marchate" Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda

Latin Pop Songs
*** No. 1 *** "El Verdadero Amor Perdona" Mana Featuring Prince Royce
Debut No. 23 "Dutty Love" Don Omar
Debut No. 26 "Crazy People" Sensato, Pitbull, Sak Noel
Debut No. 32 "Intentalo" 3BallMTY Featuring El Bebeto y America Sierra
Debut No. 35 "Stereo Hearts" Gym Class Heroes Featuring Adam Levine
Debut No. 39 "Mi Santa" Romeo Santos Featuring Tomatito

Tropical Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Promise" Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
Greatest Gainer No. 7 "Na, Na, Na, Na, Na" Baby Rasta & Gringo

Christian Songs
*** No. 1 *** "My Hope Is In You" Aaron Shust
Greatest Gainer No. 28 "All This Time" Britt Nicole
Hot Shot Debut No. 40 "The Same God" NewSong
Debut No. 47 "Good Morning" Mandisa Featuring tobyMac
Debut No. 48 "Heartbeat" The Fray
Debut No. 50 "All For You" MIKESCHAIR

Gospel Songs
*** No. 1 *** "In The Middle" Isaac Carree
Greatest Gainer No. 15 "My Testimony" Marvin Sapp
Debut No. 25 "Good & Bad" J Moss
Debut No. 29 "All Is Well" Troy Sneed

-----------------------------

Good start so far! We'll find out the official result on Thursday.

mosh51501984
01-17-2012, 11:50 AM
When I worked at EMI we had a PHONE ROOM basically interns hammering the lines to request songs on radio stations. Wonder if they still do that. Well everyone start requesting it

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Tropical Songs? Regional Mexican Songs?

ThatArtGuy
01-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, that ends a lot of bar bets.

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Well, that ends a lot of bar bets.

Tell those sheep to pay up! :)

if6was9
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Man I wished I knew what the hell you were talking about. I don't have a musical bone in my body...

It's very poorly performed, but at least you can hear how boring the bassline is and how it slows the music down. And then BOOM!, the pre-chorus starts and there's a drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG8c1RqZ0Ws

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
FROM VHND !

Don't like it, there's Spam era crap in there. What was this guy thinking?

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Don't like it, there's Spam era crap in there. What was this guy thinking?

Sam era is bad enough...but CHERONE-ERA...downright shameful...

Carmine
01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
tell me ya all didn't laugh when Marty and George McFly appeared in there at the start of the solo...

THEDOCTOR
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Me likey! They should have put out the footage and had a contest for say a signed copy of the new album for the best fan made video !

Zing!
01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Liked the Eddie guitar solo montage - but the Hagar era, circular VH ringed tattoos were nauseating. Plus I'm sure VH would frown on Mikey being in the vid. All in all, not a bad effort. I've got Adobe Premiere on my computer downstairs - I should give it a shot. Maybe with enough suggestions from the Roth Army faithful we could crank out something a little less obvious (Tattoo from Fantasy Island, etc.)

Speaking of 'Tattoo' anyone seen this yet...

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/01/17/david-lee-roths-hand-written-lyrics-to-van-halens-tattoo-revealed/

ZahZoo
01-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Check the last page of the Exclusive with DDE thread here in main.

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Liked the Eddie guitar solo montage - but the Hagar era, circular VH ringed tattoos were nauseating. Plus I'm sure VH would frown on Mikey being in the vid. All in all, not a bad effort. I've got Adobe Premiere on my computer downstairs - I should give it a shot. Maybe with enough suggestions from the Roth Army faithful we could crank out something a little less obvious (Tattoo from Fantasy Island, etc.)

Speaking of 'Tattoo' anyone seen this yet...

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/01/17/david-lee-roths-hand-written-lyrics-to-van-halens-tattoo-revealed/

Yeah...I'd say most people saw the Roth lyrics...uh...when it showed up first RIGHT HERE AT THE ARMY!!!! It was exclusive to all the sites, but I'm pretty sure Va Beach got that mug up long before the other sites followed suit...we're quick like that...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/content.php?48-Tattoo-Lyrics-Straight-from-David-Lee-Roth!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah...I'd say most people saw the Roth lyrics...uh...when it showed up first RIGHT HERE AT THE ARMY!!!! It was exclusive to all the sites, but I'm pretty sure Va Beach got that mug up long before the other sites followed suit...we're quick like that...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/content.php?48-Tattoo-Lyrics-Straight-from-David-Lee-Roth!

Fuckin' A right I did....

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Fuckin' A right I did....

Yeah...we had 'em up about a half-hour before any other site...

not that we're counting...;)

...and not to mention the exclusive Roth pics that are up right now...totally exclusive to the army...

Right here...live, in front of your naked, steaming eyes!!!! (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/content.php?49-Exclusive-Photos-from-Cafe-Wha-courtesy-of-Diamond-Dave-Enterprises!)

Zing!
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM

Should have known. Sometimes you have to boot me in the asscrack to catch me up to speed. Although in my defense, so much has been happening around here and in =VH= land that it gets damn hard to keep up!

Did I just write that?

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
You did!

And it's great, ain't it?

chi-town324
01-17-2012, 07:13 PM
tell me ya all didn't laugh when Marty and George McFly appeared in there at the start of the solo...that was cool

Grit
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
"Why they’re doing it now I have no idea, but I think it’s about time. I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that’s all I can say, you know. God bless them but I was expecting a lot more."
Fat Sammy is at it again! If this has been posted sorry, missed it!

The Fat Bastard has to slam Van Halen any chance he gets. You would think the prick would learn his lesson about shooting his mouth off! Chickenfoot is a piece of crap and he has the guts to comment on Van Halen! What a fuckin DICK!

VHscraps
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
I've now listened to this tune countless times, and it just gets better. I notice more little subtleties. But this one was a first ... I've seen some other posts where people were saying the bass part seems to slow it down. Well, you know what? I just listened to it at full volume thru the hi-fi and thought ... This has a real 'And the Cradle Will Rock' vibe that I never pcked up on, 'cos before I had been often listening for 'Down In Flames'. Even Ed's lead guitar lines are harking back to that Cradle Will Rock feel.

Good sign, gentlemen and ladies.

Panamark
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Straight from Diamond Dave Enterprises....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/DLR-HandWritten-TattooLyrics.jpg

Hi VA, getting a broken image at this end, is it just me ?
Maybe "Fucking" Austalia is firewalled by photobucket :)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Just you mate, I can see it fine...

Panamark
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
"Why they’re doing it now I have no idea, but I think it’s about time. I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that’s all I can say, you know. God bless them but I was expecting a lot more."
Fat Sammy is at it again! If this has been posted sorry, missed it!

The Fat Bastard has to slam Van Halen any chance he gets. You would think the prick would learn his lesson about shooting his mouth off! Chickenfoot is a piece of crap and he has the guts to comment on Van Halen! What a fuckin DICK!

I reckon we could have almost predicted that quote word for word. Its daylight better than the songs he did a few years back on the Van Hagar reunion.
The man is so classy ! (NOT)

Panamark
01-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Bugger ! I would like to see the hand written lyrics. Will have to find out why my
PC is blocking photobucket. Thanks

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
The man is so classy ! (NOT)

We have to keep in mind that he is pushing 70 years of age.
Can't drive 55.
Can't write a decent song.
Can't put on his own pants.

neuralfraud
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Guys. PLEASE. TATTOO. 'nuff said.

?Is it me or does the bass sound different during the solo? the bass seems to lose it's gritty bite.. then soon as the solo is over with.. comes back.

Conspiracy theories in 3...2...1...

Panamark
01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I can't stand the reworked video...can't stand it at all...

Apart from the awkward shot of "Mike" and the Van Hagar logos, more of this video looks
(or appears) to actually match Dave's mouth with the audio. (Possibly as he only included
the parts where it does somewhat sync. Personally I dont like watching out of sync singing.
This rework made that a little less noticeable. Someone else may like that out of sync deal
and think its arty. I find it awkward and it makes me stop the clip. Each to their own :)

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Sam era is bad enough...but CHERONE-ERA...downright shameful...

I didn't notice that until you guys pointed that out. It's clever -- especially the clip of the Asian Dude from Cafe Wha? -- but I think there's too much going on visually at one time. Also, the juxtaposition of very young women getting tattoos with the nearly 60-year-old guys looks kind of creepy.

This one is well done and I can see why it's going to be popular, but I prefer the original.

IceCreamBlondie
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM

Great point, Binnie!:hee:

VAiN
01-18-2012, 01:23 AM
The 'fan' video can suck it.

sadaist
01-18-2012, 01:38 AM
The 'fan' video can suck it.

I liked when Dave was wearing the jacket with hood & sunglasses. On the official video, I didn't realize he is mouthing the words to elvis talks & hula girl on his leg there. Good catch by the maker of the fan video for seeing that & synching it up properly.

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
I couldn't care less if the lip synching is right or not...Dave has always been "a little bit left of center"...so what...if they'd wanted it to be perfect they'd done it perfect...it is exactly the way they want it to be...

Jetstream
01-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Tattoo sucks, it is sucking up the competition and spitting it out and the competition better be ready 'for a different kind of truth' next month

fifth element
01-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Hi VA, getting a broken image at this end, is it just me ?
Maybe "Fucking" Austalia is firewalled by photobucket :)

mine is doing the same, and i am a member of photobucket!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... ...

sadaist
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
I couldn't care less if the lip synching is right or not...Dave has always been "a little bit left of center"...so what...if they'd wanted it to be perfect they'd done it perfect...it is exactly the way they want it to be...

I just meant that on the official video I didn't realize Dave was singing the lyrics to those lines right there. Until I saw it synched up. Had one of those "OH! That's what he's doing there" moments.

I'm just happy they actually did a video of them all together. Feels right. I wonder if Alex ever sings while drumming. I never see him do it. But as a band member wouldn't it be hard not to during the songs? Especially on tunes that are his personal favs.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 09:31 AM
mine is doing the same, and i am a member of photobucket!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... ...

Is it giving an error talking about being viewed too many times?

Cato got that error in his Photobucket account with our first batch of DLR pics....

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Cato got that error in his Photobucket account with our first batch of DLR pics....

I saved it to my Computer, upped it to tinypic, and pmed it to Mark. He still couldn't see it.

Weird.

fryingdutchman
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Also happened here.

Just a red "X"

chefcraig
01-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Also happened here.

Just a red "X"

Same here. At work, I get a bunch of whited out or red x images, at home everything overlaps making the page incomprehensible. And I still have no idea what the full lyrics say.

fourthcoming
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I've now listened to this tune countless times, and it just gets better. I notice more little subtleties. But this one was a first ... I've seen some other posts where people were saying the bass part seems to slow it down. Well, you know what? I just listened to it at full volume thru the hi-fi and thought ... This has a real 'And the Cradle Will Rock' vibe that I never pcked up on, 'cos before I had been often listening for 'Down In Flames'. Even Ed's lead guitar lines are harking back to that Cradle Will Rock feel.

Good sign, gentlemen and ladies.

Bro, I couldn't agree more....after listening 5 or 6 times, I definitely started hearing Cradle Will Rock....I think the combination of Wolf's full, deep fuzzy bass and Ed's riff were what lead my ears in that direction. At times I swear I can hear the Wurlitzer from Cradle even though it's not there.

Jagermeister
01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
One good thing to note. Doc has still been posting pics non stop in the T&A thread while this thread has risen to 43 pages. :biggrin:

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Exactly. The "imperfections" are part of the DLR/VH charm.

golitely
01-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Here's a non sequitur and I'm throwing it out cuz I noticed it (pretty sure) in the Tattoo video just now, does Dave now wax his chest? Looking at some of the stuff online from the last tour, I kinda thought so, but haven't seen him full shirt off in years so can't say 100% (and please don't take this is a Dave hair direction!)

ThatArtGuy
01-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Alex has never really sang. It was always Ed and Mike (now Wolf) singing backup.

redblkwht
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Decided to put on the new tune with my bose earphones..
HOLY SHITis wolfs bass in the front or what?

BTW the sound is killer.

WACF
01-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Decided to put on the new tune with my bose earphones..
HOLY SHITis wolfs bass in the front or what?

BTW the sound is killer.

It really is.

Had the radio cranked when I was in the shower...Tattoo came on and that bass sticks out front.

Reminds me of "Digging a Hole" by Big Sugar for standing out like that.

SunisinuS
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Here's a non sequitur and I'm throwing it out cuz I noticed it (pretty sure) in the Tattoo video just now, does Dave now wax his chest? Looking at some of the stuff online from the last tour, I kinda thought so, but haven't seen him full shirt off in years so can't say 100% (and please don't take this is a Dave hair direction!)

Of Course. No Gray Hair that way. He has been doing that I think for like 12 some years now.

ZahZoo
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
One good thing to note. Doc has still been posting pics non stop in the T&A thread while this thread has risen to 43 pages. :biggrin:

Doc's a machine...

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 02:10 PM
alright, finally got around to giving my take on this, so here it goes.

I don't like this song. I just don't. It's not that I don't appreciate the value of it, and what it means to me as a Van HALEN fan. Frankly, it's great that we at least got a taste of the 'Halen that we've been lacking since 96.

But the song itself? Not good. I was by far more excited by "She's the Woman" that we'll hear the studio version of come February, and that's what I'm going to base what my feel of the album's going to be.

It's also awesome that we're getting another tour and A POSSIBLE DVD that's to come out with the same CD. This is great!. I'll stay loyal, and probably enjoy the album very much, but this track is a bit of clunker for me.

ZahZoo
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Bugger ! I would like to see the hand written lyrics. Will have to find out why my
PC is blocking photobucket. Thanks

You can also view them on the front page of the vhnd.com

FORD
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Baaa......

Still bouncing off the walls, eh Bleater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xivzzk4MCQ

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
To clarify, I hope I don't come out as trashing the band in anyway.

just because the song doesn't hit my ears right, doesn't mean that I'm not excited for 2012 and Van Halen in general!

felt very wrong to see a sheep thank my post, hence the clarifcation.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Bleater? Dave Hagar Fan?

It's been awhile.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
To clarify, I hope I don't come out as trashing the band in anyway.

just because the song doesn't hit my ears right, doesn't mean that I'm excited for 2012 and Van Halen in general!

felt very wrong to see a sheep thank my post, hence the clarifcation.

You might want to re read that, but I know what you mean. You still in Cleveland?

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Or not :)

hambon4lif
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Bleater? Dave Hagar Fan?They're one and the same. He'd like everyone to think otherwise, but he keeps doing stupid shit that gives him away constantly...

...though I gotta say, the last time I saw him this bitter and pissed off was when they cancelled 'Will & Grace'.

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM

Well, at Cafe Wha? a couple of weeks ago, the top of his shirt was open a little bit and I did see some hairs peeking out.

I also got to see the fillings in the back of his mouth every time he opened wide and leaned back a little. ;)

fifth element
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM

no, i just pull it up and see the little box w/ the x through it...
you know the one...lol...
it yells...you're not gonna see THIS pic......

fifth element
01-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Same here. At work, I get a bunch of whited out or red x images, at home everything overlaps making the page incomprehensible. And I still have no idea what the full lyrics say.

yep...same here...:(

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Forget reading the lyrics from Dave... play the song backwards and it says Wolfie is the Walrus... Cheese burgers for free... Tattoo, Fattoo...

Cherone is dead... despite his rectum reach arounds... Tattoo, Tattoo. and Hagar needs to to shut his red rocker pie hole... Tattoo. Frattoo...

Then there's the hidden part in the outro... listen very closely... it says bass player number two, Tattoo, Tattoo... makes more than me... despite his sexy dragon magic... tattoo, number two

It's all just Me Wise Magic...

ian_hitmanhart
01-19-2012, 07:18 AM
The first single is a great sign for me personally, because I cant stop listening to Tattoo. I think its a awesome song, so if Tattoo is supposedly a mediocre song, bring on the fucking album I say. I'm buzzing for the release of the new Van Halen album. Critics are desperate to either hate it or love it, so it doesnt surprise me that the knives are out of Dave and the boys.

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Another musical nod in Tattoo struck me earlier. The first was the 'Tears Are Falling' chorus riff (KISS) right before the 'Tattoo' chorus. Then this morning, when I heard Dave sing "of the chapter he was in" (yes, I'm still digging the song) it reminded me of Alice from 'Teenage Lament '74' singing "I read that it was in".
I'm not claiming that the band intentionally lifted these odd bits... I always find it interesting when I hear a little piece here or there that may have subconsciously influenced an artist.

Golden AWe
01-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I always find it interesting when I hear a little piece here or there that may have subconsciously influenced an artist.

I'm really surprised it's you who hears KISS everywhere :cato:

BITEYOASS
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Aww shit! Tattoo just kicked Big Foot's ass!

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/rock-songs?begin=11&order=position

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/yahoo-video

I don't know about the rest of the charts, but these are the highest positions so far. Plus, when was the last time that Hagar was number one on any chart? A long fuckin' time ago.

Of course we haven't seen nothin' yet until the album is released.

Halen High
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Aww shit! Tattoo just kicked Big Foot's ass!

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/rock-songs?begin=11&order=position

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/yahoo-video

I don't know about the rest of the charts, but these are the highest positions so far. Plus, when was the last time that Hagar was number one on any chart? A long fuckin' time ago.

Of course we haven't seen nothin' yet until the album is released.

That's a pretty impressive comeback on the charts for a band in their late 50s (other than Wolf), particulary after so many years of declining credibility with Hagar. Then the kind of fiasco we saw with Cherone followed by the 2004 Van Hagar disaster would have killed off most classic rock acts. It just goes to show how much people love a Dave-fronted VH. I think the 2007/08 tour and now Tattoo have already won back a lot of fans who had given up on this band - and to think there's so much more to come.

BITEYOASS
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
That's a pretty impressive comeback on the charts for a band in their late 50s (other than Wolf), particulary after so many years of declining credibility with Hagar. Then the kind of fiasco we saw with Cherone followed by the 2004 Van Hagar disaster would have killed off most classic rock acts. It just goes to show how much people love a Dave-fronted VH. I think the 2007/08 tour and now Tattoo have already won back a lot of fans who had given up on this band - and to think there's so much more to come.

Yeah, we're not sweating the small shit like hit singles. All that matters in having a successful rock band is for the album to go platinum in less than a year and a sold out tour. The rest is just a cherry on top.

VAiN
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
I dig the amp buzz at 1:06 before the chorus... very cool. Gives it a live feel. I appreciate that it's in there..

BITEYOASS
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
HOLY SHIT! I KNEW IT WASN'T THE REAL VAN HALEN! Now we have proof.

http://heystupid.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/van-halien.png

OK :focus:

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm really surprised it's you who hears KISS everywhere :cato:

Mr Walker is a KISS Whisperer...

BITEYOASS
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
OK, here's the official Billboard tally:

#67 Hot 100
#16 Rock Songs
#57 Hot Digital Songs
#78 Japan Hot 100
#62 Billboard Canadian Hot 100
#1 Yahoo Video

clarathecarrot
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM

The people love to watch a mighty one fail..it is sad that the media seems to get the most out of making us live inside, watching the bright ones fail.

But, what the world loves most is a nothing from nothing.. cinderella story out of nowhere, rise to the top... crash and then with the worth of fortitude rise above the crash and collect themselves and rise again.

Vah Halen is this story, Roth is also, and together this is a great story .

Don't assume to much from this album coming up and we may all be pleasantly surprised, ask the most and we surely won't be,. ah... ah.. ah... ahhh.. sassafyed!

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't give a shit about sale numbers...if there's two fools to buy the new album, guess that makes me three...

VanHalener
01-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Tonight, I couldn't wait to get out of my truck and away from that piece of shite radio of hers in order to get home to my angry garage speakers.
They are ALWAYS pissed off!
There is never enough volume!

Cerwin

Vega

Van Halen

Motherpkookers!

Angry beasts, soothed by the mean ass lick called TATTOO.

Haters can kiss my Virginia ass

T
h
I
S

S
O
N
G

W
H
O
O
P
S

A
S
S
!

~WHEWWWWWWWWWW~

GreenEyedMurder
01-19-2012, 11:54 PM

I can't imagine them having this kind of buzz and anticipation if Sammy were there, instead of Dave. I think another Van Hagar album + tour would bring about a collective public yawn.

VanHalener
01-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Had to go into DC today.
Had to head out of DC, too.

On the way out, I stopped in front of the Verizon Center and played Tattoo.
I want to Occupy Van Halen in DC, baby!

March 28, bitches.

ZahZoo
01-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Tattoo hitting the charts at #16 even made FoxNews 411 report today...

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1402772282001/van-halens-triumphant-return?intcmp=features

BITEYOASS
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, well, well! Looks like Tattoo was No. 1 on some other billboard charts as well:

#1 on Billboard's Hard Rock Singles chart
#1 Most Played Song at Classic Rock Radio in its first week
#1 Most Added song at Mainstream and Active Rock Radio

moose
01-20-2012, 07:12 PM
10 days into the new single and it keeps getting better with
every play, not only with the old guard but the new recruits as well
I can see it coming.......
And this train ain't gonna de-rail
:-)

Zing!
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Off work at 4:30 p.m. today. Celebrated by listening to 'Tattoo' a dozen times in a row. Loving it - and noticing little nuances about it - more and more!

redblkwht
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Tattoo @ the 32nd second just Kicks Ass & the thing that gets me is Eddies rhythm background is just amazing. Satch & Vai are great and all, but to me they just don't compare.

ALMOSTsaved
01-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Alright. Not sure if this is posted anywhere in this thread as I didn't bother looking....but a chick I graduated high school with, whom follows James Michael, lead singer of the prestigious (and I'm being sarcastic) SIXX A.M. band posted this video of him and his bud reviewing "Tattoo." What a prick. Dislike with a vengeance.

ashstralia
01-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Tattoo @ the 32nd second just Kicks Ass & the thing that gets me is Eddies rhythm background is just amazing. Satch & Vai are great and all, but to me they just don't compare.

mate, like most of us i've always thought ed's a criminally underrated rhythm player. and those of us who've been in one-guitar bands know how hard it is!

DavidLeeNatra
01-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Alright. Not sure if this is posted anywhere in this thread as I didn't bother looking....but a chick I graduated high school with, whom follows James Michael, lead singer of the prestigious (and I'm being sarcastic) SIXX A.M. band posted this video of him and his bud reviewing "Tattoo." What a prick. Dislike with a vengeance.

here today...gone later today...

DlocRoth
01-21-2012, 04:21 AM

Perhaps they absolutely adore it.

ELVIS
01-21-2012, 07:42 AM
The greezy boys ??

:biggrin:

BITEYOASS
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM

Who gives a flying fuck what those walking Piercing Pagodas have to say.

guwapo_rocker
01-21-2012, 11:24 AM
James Michael

Who?????

Jetstream
01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I love seeing Van Halen on that Billboard charts so high...BUT PLEASE, COULD THEY GET THE IMAGE OF MICHAEL ANTHONY THE HELL OFF THE GROUP PIC AND USE A FREAKING CURRENT IMAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE KID WOLFY BECAUSE HE PLAYED IT AND GOOD OL MIKEY IS WITH THE ENEMY...ok, I feel better now, rock on :)