PDA

View Full Version : Help with a DLR Quote I Can't Remember Completely!

swollengoat
01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey all, I figured (after too many google searches), that if ANY group would be able to help, it would be the DLRArmy, so ...

Back when DLR/VH pulled off their 2007 tour (thank you, universe) ... Dave used to answer interviewers questions about the reunion/lineup as being "Three parts <????> and one part <????>" -- refering to the fact that he was back with the group and Wolfie was now playing bass, making VH a true family affair. (Honestly, and with all my macho manliness aside, I got goosebumps when I saw Eddie and his son playing together and seeing the look on Eddie's face -- a mix of pride, joy & fulfillment -- that I think any father could instantly relate to -- anyway, sorry for the off-tangent).

If ANYONE remembers what Dave's saying was and could help out, I would appreciate it, since it's been bugging me ever since the 2012 tour and album was announced.

It was something like 'three parts inevitability, one part ... '

Hoping someone can help ... can't wait for them to hit town ... hoping to bring my son (5), so he can see what Rock & Roll IS.

Anyway, no more rambling.

Best to all.

SG

chefcraig
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
"Three parts original, one part inevitable."

ZahZoo
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Chef has the correct recipe... It's even better if you float a shot of top shelf tequila on top of it.

TJMKID
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey all, I figured (after too many google searches), that if ANY group would be able to help, it would be the DLRArmy, so ...

Back when DLR/VH pulled off their 2007 tour (thank you, universe) ... Dave used to answer interviewers questions about the reunion/lineup as being "Three parts <????> and one part <????>" -- refering to the fact that he was back with the group and Wolfie was now playing bass, making VH a true family affair. (Honestly, and with all my macho manliness aside, I got goosebumps when I saw Eddie and his son playing together and seeing the look on Eddie's face -- a mix of pride, joy & fulfillment -- that I think any father could instantly relate to -- anyway, sorry for the off-tangent).

If ANYONE remembers what Dave's saying was and could help out, I would appreciate it, since it's been bugging me ever since the 2012 tour and album was announced.

It was something like 'three parts inevitability, one part ... '

Hoping someone can help ... can't wait for them to hit town ... hoping to bring my son (5), so he can see what Rock & Roll IS.

Anyway, no more rambling.

Best to all.

SG

"Welcome to Occupy Van Halen" ???

scottydabodi
01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm drinkin somethin 3 parts hard liquor, and one part soda... ehh, close enough to what Dave said!

lesfunk
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
"Three parts original, one part inevitable."

I thought it was 3/4 original, 1/4 inevitable. In fact I'm sure it was.

fryingdutchman
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I thought it was 3/4 original, 1/4 inevitable. In fact I'm sure it was.

Yes...that is the correct quote.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2013, 12:32 AM
we need more concerts