PDA

View Full Version : Obama and the troops...

John Ashcroft
01-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Book Depicts Cranky Obama On Baghdad Visit

Michael Hastings' new book, The Operators, jabs at what could be a vulnerable spot for the Obama Administration, the president's relationship with the troops.

The book describes a visit to Baghdad:

After the talk, out of earshot from the soldiers and diplomats, he starts to complain. He starts to act very un-Obamalike, according to a U.S. embassy official who helped organize the trip in Baghdad.

He’s asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers. He’s asked to sign copies of his book. “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it,” a State Department official tells me. “Look, I was excited to meet him. I wanted to like him. Let’s just say the scales fell from my eyes after I did. These are people over here who’ve been fighting the war, or working every day for the war effort, and he didn’t want to take fucking pictures with them?"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/book-depicts-cranky-obama-on-baghdad-visit

:notme:

ELVIS
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
I read that story...

Fuck Oblama...

They're also doing damage control on Michelle Oblama and her attitude...

John Ashcroft
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
What's up Elvis?

Hey, ABF Michelle is far preferable to "Queen Michelle" in my opinion.... I'm more concerned with the royalty attitude.

ELVIS
01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah that too...

'Sup my Roth Army brother ??

Happy 2012 Van Halen style!!!

:cool:

John Ashcroft
01-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, damn! Who thought it'd take so long. We're like old now and shit...

LoungeMachine
01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
:cheer:

You go, girls......

:gulp:

binnie
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I hear Obama stinks the bathroom out every morning, too.......

Nitro Express
01-13-2012, 10:36 PM
My question is why isn't Barrack doing prison time with his next door neighbor for that shady real estate deal they did together in Chicago? The neighbor got ten years, Obama is president. Oh well, 99% of Washington probably should be thrown in jail.

Nickdfresh
01-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I saw Michael Hastings interviewed on CNN this morning, and I'm not impressed. He comes off as a bit of a wanker, Nancy-boy passing judgement on men based largely on his personal opinions of the war rather than actual facts. My opinion has nothing to do with the silly Obama post here, but ironically of his musings on the former NATO commander in Iraq, Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal (who was dismissed by Obama for insubordination). If you look at the cover of his book, it shows a U.S. Army general, from the neck down, with a glass of scotch in his hand. This was a reference to the fact that McChrystal liked to drink Bud Lite Lime (eeeeuuuwwwwwhhhhh!). He tried to draw some sort of metaphor for the General's love for beer with some sort of addiction for endless wars. I found the statement absurd and childlike, and written by an unqualified buffoon scraping at the surface of things and posing his extended op-ed piece as some sort of artifact of journalism...

gbranton
01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Oh well, 99% of Washington probably should be thrown in jail.

And the other 1% are from out of town, there to see the Smithsonian and some monuments.

Obama doesn't have the attitude of a leader. He acts like he's the king of America and his subjects should eat cake.

LoungeMachine
01-13-2012, 11:07 PM
\.

Obama doesn't have the attitude of a leader. He acts like he's the king of America and his subjects should eat cake.

:lmao:

I love irony....

Hardrock69
01-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Every fucking president in history was "king of America". So what is the fucking difference between them and Obama? :hee:

knuckleboner
01-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I saw Michael Hastings interviewed on CNN this morning, and I'm not impressed. He comes off as a bit of a wanker, Nancy-boy passing judgement on men based largely on his personal opinions of the war rather than actual facts. My opinion has nothing to do with the silly Obama post here, but ironically of his musings on the former NATO commander in Iraq, Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal (who was dismissed by Obama for insubordination). If you look at the cover of his book, it shows a U.S. Army general, from the neck down, with a glass of scotch in his hand. This was a reference to the fact that McChrystal liked to drink Bud Lite Lime (eeeeuuuwwwwwhhhhh!). He tried to draw some sort of metaphor for the General's love for beer with some sort of addiction for endless wars. I found the statement absurd and childlike, and written by an unqualified buffoon scraping at the surface of things and posing his extended op-ed piece as some sort of artifact of journalism...

nah, it was general petraeus. not that hastings will tell you. apparently the drawing depicts a solider with the exact ribbons that petraeus has, the combination of which is unique to petraeus. yet hastings people say, "nope, random picture." sure.

that kind of trustworthiness, no doubt, carries over into his book. so i'm slightly less inclined to be 100% certain that his take on the president, in his book that he's trying to make money off of, is 100% accurate...

BITEYOASS
01-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Would you Obama haters feel the same way if John Boehner killed a soldier's family in a drunk-driving accident?

Nitro Express
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't care who's president. Someone is going to write some dirt about you. It's the nature of politics.

lesfunk
01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I hear Obama stinks the bathroom out every morning, too.......

It's all that Lamb and Hummus

John Ashcroft
01-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Good to see you guys are still funny! :)

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey, John. It's good to see you.
We need more conservatives around here.

John Ashcroft
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey, John. It's good to see you.
We need more conservatives around here.

Seeing this.... How ya doing man?

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Pretty good, dude.

I was gone for quite awhile, but I'm back, much like VH.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Pretty good, dude.

I was gone for quite awhile, but I'm back, much like VH.

You have your son carrying you, too ?

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:13 PM
You have your son carrying you, too ?

Daughter.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Daughter.

Vocals piped in?

hambon4lif
01-26-2012, 07:16 PM
We need more conservatives around here.If you could teach the ones that are already here how to read, that would probably help you guys tremendously.:thumb:

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Vocals piped in?

She sings better than I do.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM
So do mine......

16 and 18 :)

John Ashcroft
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Fuckin' cool guys! My little one is just about to turn 15, and has taken up guitar. Just bought her a Washburn...

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM
My daughter is nine. I asked her the other day if she wanted to take up an instrument. We'll see.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Daughters rule....

Love my boy, but he's too cool for the room.

Daddy's little girls will always be.