PDA

View Full Version : "The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Bob_R
01-17-2012, 04:29 PM
This fucking twit really needs to STFU

Sammy Hagar has heard ‘Tattoo,’ the first Van Halen song with David Lee Roth in over 15 years, and he doesn’t seem all that impressed.

During an interview with Cack Blabbath, the one-time VH frontman continues to give honest answers to questions about the band’s reunion with Roth, even if it means widening the chasm between him and his former bandmates.

“I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all,” Hagar says. “It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something.”

So far, our readers seem to agree, giving the edge to the Hagar-fronted Chickenfoot and their new single ‘Different Devil‘ in a readers’ poll battle against ‘Tattoo.’

In the past Hagar has criticized Eddie Van Halen as a songwriter, and these most recent comments add further detail to that argument. In comparing his former guitarist with Chickenfoot guitarist Joe Satriani, Hagar says there’s no arguing who is easier to work with.

“Eddie is a genius guitar player and he can really play and he’s got a million things he can lay on you but you’ve got to try to make a song out of it,” he says. “Joe comes with the song, done, all I have to do is write lyrics and figure out what I’m going to sing to it.”

As for his current band Chickenfoot, Hagar says he hopes to record new music in the future, but has to wait for drummer Chad Smith to wrap up obligations with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He adds that he and Satriani have a writing relationship that is just beginning to bear fruit.

“Joe is the only musician I have ever worked with that won’t do his guitar solo until he knows what my lyrics are. I asked him why and he said, ‘Well I want to know what you’re singing about, and I want to play that,’” Hagar says. “I can’t name another guitar player, Eddie Van Halen, anyone that really cared about what the lyrics were for his solo.”

Sammy Hagar needs to STFU (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-says-van-halens-new-song-should-be-better-than-it-is/)

Zing!
01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
They used used the word 'honest' in an article about Sam Hagar. Funny.

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 04:36 PM

Sammy Hagar has heard ‘Tattoo,’ the first Van Halen song with David Lee Roth in over 15 years, and he doesn’t seem all that impressed.

During an interview with Cack Blabbath, the one-time VH frontman continues to give honest answers to questions about the band’s reunion with Roth, even if it means widening the chasm between him and his former bandmates.

“I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all,” Hagar says. “It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something.”

So far, our readers seem to agree, giving the edge to the Hagar-fronted Chickenfoot and their new single ‘Different Devil‘ in a readers’ poll battle against ‘Tattoo.’

In the past Hagar has criticized Eddie Van Halen as a songwriter, and these most recent comments add further detail to that argument. In comparing his former guitarist with Chickenfoot guitarist Joe Satriani, Hagar says there’s no arguing who is easier to work with.

“Eddie is a genius guitar player and he can really play and he’s got a million things he can lay on you but you’ve got to try to make a song out of it,” he says. “Joe comes with the song, done, all I have to do is write lyrics and figure out what I’m going to sing to it.”

As for his current band Chickenfoot, Hagar says he hopes to record new music in the future, but has to wait for drummer Chad Smith to wrap up obligations with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He adds that he and Satriani have a writing relationship that is just beginning to bear fruit.

“Joe is the only musician I have ever worked with that won’t do his guitar solo until he knows what my lyrics are. I asked him why and he said, ‘Well I want to know what you’re singing about, and I want to play that,’” Hagar says. “I can’t name another guitar player, Eddie Van Halen, anyone that really cared about what the lyrics were for his solo.”

Sammy Hagar needs to STFU (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-says-van-halens-new-song-should-be-better-than-it-is/)

These troll sheep clowns just won't quit, will they?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

CVH Rulz
If Sam doesn't like Tattoo, you know it's great!!! LOL

First of a long list of sour grapes we'll hear from him.

Tattoo tattoo
Sammypoo Fuck You

Vinnie Velvet
When will this fuck shut his pie hole?

I swear his obsession of all things VH is getting very weird.

Spammy clearly has a problem here.

Fucking chicken fucker piece of shit.

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Joe comes with the song, done, all I have to do is write lyrics

And they are still laughable crap. Asshat!

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Somebody call Spammy McFagar a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

damngoodtimes
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
and Sammy continues to prove what Dave said about him long ago...

"the only interesting thing about Sammy Hagar is David Lee Roth"

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
"the only interesting thing about Sammy Hagar is David Lee Roth"

:lol:

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
We all know that easier to work with equals great music....

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 04:51 PM
BTW, from the last Billboard article I read, "Tattoo" just started at No. 16 on the rock charts while Chickenshit's "Bigfoot" peaked at No. 32 on the same chart. Say hello to little Elvis motherfucker! :war:

Antman
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
He was interviewed by Cack Blabbath. Enough said.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
When will this fuck shut his pie hole?

I swear his obsession of all things VH is getting very weird.

Spammy clearly has a problem here.

Fucking chicken fucker piece of shit.

No, it's quite easy...

The press is gonna migrate to Bette at every conceivable Van Halen opportunity, 'cause the press knows he's gonna make a comment on it.....

Or, shall I say, the band ISN'T saying anything about it....

There you have it....

VAiN
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
You all will have to excuse me, my mind is blown. Fat-fucking-clown just critiqued a VH song???? Really?????????? Die in a fire, you cunt!

Heater
01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Debuts at 16? Wonder which way it will go in the next week, haven't heard it on the radio in days. Sammy brings up VH as often as posters on here bring up Sammy.

FORD
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
The Ched Rocker knows that there's not a single song on any Van Hagar record that is as good as Tattoo. He also knows that even VDIII, even "How Many Say I", was better than those three abortions he recorded with the band in 2004.

The next Cabo Wabo tequila flavor will be called "green eyed jealous monster" (or whatever the Spanish translation of that is)

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
BTW, from the last Billboard article I read, "Tattoo" just started at No. 16 on the rock charts while Chickenshit's "Bigfoot" peaked at No. 32 on the same chart. Say hello to little Elvis motherfucker! :war:

Dude...the readers of Cack Blabbath say different!!!!

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Debuts at 16? Wonder which way it will go in the next week, haven't heard it on the radio in days. Sammy brings up VH as often as posters on here bring up Sammy.

Pssst...if you'd turn off Pandora's Lawrence Welk channel, you may hear a little Van Halen...just a thought...

:bigwink:

chefcraig
01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Rather than creating new threads each time Sammy Hagar opens his ignorant piehole (which more and more seems to be on an almost hourly basis) on a subject he claims to be over, let's just stick them all in here and keep things less cluttered.

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Sammy is so small because of this. It is ridiculous, third grade level jealousy on a world scale. Yes, Van Halen has a new record. No, you aren't invited. Be a man about it. "Look at me! I'm still relevant!" Well no, no you aren't. And I feel that's why he is talking so much trash.

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Dude...the readers of Cack Blabbath say different!!!!

Cack Blabbath? Who the fuck is that cocksucker anyway? I don't give a shit what Cock Bloballs says!

VAiN
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
It's so pathetic.. I mean, really..

All i get from the trash he's spewing is he's basically saying this: Ed gives you riffs for days and you actually have to construct something - joe comes in and it's paint by numbers. He prefers that.

Dave and only Dave can take Ed's riffs and build a song that is clever, creative, unexpected, original, abstract and has tons of personality and charm.

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope that one day sam's fans will look at all the shit he talks and say "man, what a cunt"

VAiN
oh, and...

FUCK YOU SAMUEL ROY HAGAR

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::m ad2::mad2::mad2:

POJO_Risin
pssst....THE READERS OF CACK BLABBATH DEMAND YOU STOP THE INSANITY VAIN!!!!

THEY FUCKING DEMAND IT!!!!

CACK BLABBATH KNOWS...CACK BLABBATH RULES THE FUCKING WORLD...

THE READER OF CACK BLABBATH SAYS SO!!!!

Bob_R
01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Ya know there are times when Hagar can be classy and take the high road during interviews and say to the interviewer "Please no VH questions".

When that day will come is anyone's guess.

VAiN
01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
I hope that one day sam's fans will look at all the shit he talks and say "man, what a cunt"

That lot of mouth-breathing cunts will never get it.

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Or maybe spammy's a genius. One negative word and BOOM this is all we talk about. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

negative
01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
God, I hate Sammy Hagar!

Zing!
01-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Whenever I think of Sam Hagar wagging his tongue about how great his VH years were, or how bad the rest of the band's legacy is (or airing any other dirty laundry about Ed), I'm reminded of this quote from one of Dave's favorite books:

"Now, we'll start this band...everybody that wants to join has got to take an oath, and write his name in blood." Everybody was willing. So Tom got out a sheet of paper that he had wrote the oath on, and read it. It swore every boy to stick to the band, and never tell any of the secrets; and if anybody done anything to any boy in the band, whichever boy was ordered to kill that person and his family must do it, and he mustn't eat and he mustn't sleep till he had killed them and hacked a cross in their breasts, which was the sign of the band. And nobody that didn't belong to the band could use that mark, and if he did he must be sued; and if he done it again he must be killed. And if anybody that belonged to the band told the secrets, he must have his throat cut, and then have his carcass burnt up and the ashes scattered all around, and his name blotted off of the list with blood and never mentioned again by the gang, but have a curse put on it and be forgot forever."

- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain

78/84 guy
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm suprised it took him more than a week to say something !! Here's what I think of his comment's.

So this is love
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM

What a lazy bastard FUCK YOU HAGARITAS

Then you go FUCK SATRIANI if he`s so great

FORD
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
By the way....

Who, or what the fuck is a "Cack Blabbath"?

chefcraig
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
By the way....

Sounds like one of the joke names used by the "writers" at the Metal Sludge site.

Diamondjimi
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Dave and only Dave can take Ed's riffs and build a song that is clever, creative, unexpected, original, abstract and has tons of personality and charm.

So true.

Satch actually likes to wait for Sam's "lyrics" because he prefers to be laughing his balls off when he tracks.....

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM
pssst....THE READERS OF CACK BLABBATH DEMAND YOU STOP THE INSANITY VAIN!!!!

THEY FUCKING DEMAND IT!!!!

CACK BLABBATH KNOWS...CACK BLABBATH RULES THE FUCKING WORLD...

THE READER OF CACK BLABBATH SAYS SO!!!!

Well all those readers can suck my cack and blab on it for all I care.

Combat Ready
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Mikeyj122
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
I like tatoo but I dont love it, id rathervthey released shes the woman as the first single. It would have been a better reintrodution to van halen.

Combat Ready
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Van Halen needs no introduction!

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

The bot is dead, so I'll help you here:

"Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll."

Hardrock69
01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I pretty much don't care about any statements the Klown makes to the press.

The Press IS going to seek him out, he is going to run his mouth about how he feels superior to Van Halen, blah blah blah woof woof.

The Press and Spambot are too busy sucking each other off to bother creating anything musically or journalistically that will be worth a shit.

So I am not going to waste my breath any more mentioning what a tool Spambot is....we all know it......he knows it.

Next. :gulp:

Unchainme
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
From a strict hypothetical.

If I was a singer in Sammy Hagar's position, with your own tequila, night club and shit, and an assload of cash. why the hell would I care what my old band mates were doing?

I'd be like this if the question was brought up:

"What do you think about the Van Halen's new song with Roth?"

"You know, good for them, I wish nothing but good will towards those guys, had some good times and bad times, personally I dislike Roth, but I don't wish any personal ill-will on the guy. I'm out here making music and drinking tequila, living the good life, so it really doesn't effect me that much".

fourthcoming
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
What the hell is a Cack Blabbath? You know who I'm most pissed at.....THOSE DAMN ALIENS!!!! After they abducted Hagar's fat ass they should have discarded him out of their spaceship and let him fall back to earth like that Russian space junk that just crashed down yesterday......all of this could have been avoided if those aliens would have done the right thing.

DONNIEP
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
By the way....

It appears to be some sort of mother-stabbing, father-raping, death metal site. And those people prefer Sammy????

Momshell
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
If Sammy and chickenshit were as relevant as Sammy thinks they'd be asking Dave and the boys what they think of chickenshit's new single

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Doesn't anyone fucking find irony in Wigg-Hair's statement here:

“I can’t name another guitar player, Eddie Van Halen, anyone..."

Seriously...if that doesn't sum up Wigg's bullshit in less than a sentence...I don't know what else does...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
When is the last time anyone from Van Halen mentioned Wigg-Hair to anyone relevant?

And...by the way...when do you think Van Halen is going to get interviewed by...Cack Blabbath?

anytime soon?

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
If Sammy and chickenshit were as relevant as Sammy thinks they'd be asking Dave and the boys what they think of chickenshit's new single

They'd be booking 18,000 seat venues like Van Halen, and not playing a club owned by the singer every other month

cause it's the only place they can get booked.

Romeo Delight
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
You can't buy happiness, or respect for that matter.

Yount
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM

The Press IS going to seek him out, he is going to run his mouth about how he feels superior to Van Halen, blah blah blah woof woof.

The Press and Spambot are too busy sucking each other off to bother creating anything musically or journalistically that will be worth a shit.

So I am not going to waste my breath any more mentioning what a tool Spambot is....we all know it......he knows it.

LMFAO
:headlights:
Cheesehead compares himself to others because he's deeply insecure. He cares about number 1 hits and chart numbers instead of musical integrity and his songwriting reflects that.
Yeah he knows it.

Diamondjimi
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Sam will pretty much be interviewed by anyone,ffs.

Someone here should see if he'll do a 20 question questionnaire for RA...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
They'd be booking 18,000 seat venues like Van Halen, and not playing a club owned by the singer every other month

cause it's the only place they can get booked.

Dude...that's not true...

they could open for Van Halen...then they wouldn't even have to book to get booed...;)

Seriously...imagine that shit...

Chickenfoot opening for Van Halen...honest to god...I would pay TRIPLE to watch the fucking carnage...

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM

they could open for Van Halen...then they wouldn't even have to book to get booed...;)

Chickenfoot opening for Van Halen...honest to god...I would pay TRIPLE to watch the fucking carnage...

Van Halen
Kool And The Gang
and
chickenfoot

Works for me :)

POJO_Risin
Sam will pretty much be interviewed by anyone,ffs.

Someone here should see if he'll do a 20 question questionnaire for RA...

You have no idea how close that came to happening...

Sarge and I absolutely hounded Wigg-Hair's webmaster, looking for a 20-question interview...there was a brief...brief moment when we thought we had it too...

Sarge and I interviewing the Round Mound of Earbleeding Sound...holy hell...

heaven help us all.....

Va Beach VH Fan
The booing would be hilarious....

Although I couldn't stand hearing an hour of "Ow", "Dig it ya'll", "Come on", yadda, yadda, yadda....

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:31 PM
You know...I wonder if we could still get that interview...

Va...I'm going on a fucking mission...

Matt White
01-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Spammy Haggis is a salesman...pure and simple....he's aboot moving "product" and making money with his minor league talent....

He'll be spouting off aboot DAVE until Spam's IN THE GRAVE........

and to think...all it took was that comment all those years ago....

"I know why Sammy Hagar sings about cars...I'VE SEEN HIS WIFE!!!"

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
You know...I wonder if we could still get that interview...

Va...I'm going on a fucking mission...

You're going solo, fuck him and anybody that looks like him....

Cato
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
feel free to use this pic when you want to say "Shut the fuck up! don't forget you are just an American retarded local singer!" to Hagar.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m483/Catobot/hagar.jpg

VHscraps
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Whenever I think of Sam Hagar wagging his tongue about how great his VH years were, or how bad the rest of the band's legacy is (or airing any other dirty laundry about Ed), I'm reminded of this quote from one of Dave's favorite books:

"Now, we'll start this band...everybody that wants to join has got to take an oath, and write his name in blood." Everybody was willing. So Tom got out a sheet of paper that he had wrote the oath on, and read it. It swore every boy to stick to the band, and never tell any of the secrets; and if anybody done anything to any boy in the band, whichever boy was ordered to kill that person and his family must do it, and he mustn't eat and he mustn't sleep till he had killed them and hacked a cross in their breasts, which was the sign of the band. And nobody that didn't belong to the band could use that mark, and if he did he must be sued; and if he done it again he must be killed. And if anybody that belonged to the band told the secrets, he must have his throat cut, and then have his carcass burnt up and the ashes scattered all around, and his name blotted off of the list with blood and never mentioned again by the gang, but have a curse put on it and be forgot forever."

- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain

And indeedio - what did Dave say about that incident in NY outside some award show with Howard Stern and Tony Bennett just after the 96 MTV fiasco, when Stern was whipping the crowd outside this venue into a chorus of anti-Ed chants - Eddie sucks, Eddie sucks, etc?

Dave grabbed the mic and said, 'hold on, Eddie doesn't suck.' Later in his book he said of the event: 'that was still my team, and I don't like anybody talkin' down my team'.

All Sam has ever done is spout negativity. His book really went for the sensationalist 'Eddie-is-a-fuckup', easy dollars, juicy bits syndicated in Rolling Stone approach, whereas Dave, in his book, kept himself in check because he knew the damn ART was greater and way more significant than the personal bullshit that might have entered into their relationship.

And that, indeed, is why it is.

Just when you think Hagar can't sink an lower in your estimation, he opens his cake-hole yet again.

POJO_Risin
01-17-2012, 06:38 PM
You're going solo, fuck him and anybody that looks like him....

Oh...don't worry...I can handle an interview with Wigg Hair...I doubt I would get past the first round of questions involving album sales though...

VHscraps
01-17-2012, 06:39 PM
LMFAO
:headlights:
Cheesehead compares himself to others because he's deeply insecure. He cares about number 1 hits and chart numbers instead of musical integrity and his songwriting reflects that.
Yeah he knows it.

Exactement, dude !

ZahZoo
01-17-2012, 06:47 PM
If there was ever a man who just needed to shut the fuck up... it's Hagar...

kwame k
01-17-2012, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind if his brother STFU, too!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/sammy-friday1.jpg

Seshmeister
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm actually at the point where I kind of pity Sammy, seriously.

Whatever scars his Daddy left him with they run deep.

What sort of a man has videos made of people saying how great he is and then plays them to his audience before going on stage?

What sort of a man makes videos of himself giving relatively small amounts of money to charity and then gets the people he has given the money to comment on his generosity on film and then puts that up on the internet?

He is a sad pathetic little man. He was in a band that sold millions of albums and then made 10s of millions but none of it is enough because inside he's so insecure and weak you couldn't parody it.

The big difference between Hagar and Hagar fans, and people who aren't shallow idiots is that they see Roth going off becoming an EMT as the act of a loser when it was exactly the opposite.

perrin29
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Sammy has been such an ass clown in the press recently. Only shows sour grapes and jealousy on his part. Just go do your Chickenfoot thing with Mike and STFU. Besides, good reason why he is living so large is that VH took him to the next stage of his career. 55 and Heavy Metal aren't exactly classics.

Matt White
01-17-2012, 07:01 PM

Spammy is old enough to be that dudes DAD!!! LMMFAO

HA!!! How bad would that SUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

kwame k
01-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Spammy is old enough to be that dudes DAD!!! LMMFAO

HA!!! How bad would that SUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'd say I was adopted;)

neuralfraud
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
FUCK him. I thought we were on a fucking roll without that cheese breathing prick me-too'ing himself backinto the spotlight.. all good things come to an end yadda yadda yadda...

Carmine
01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
The big difference between Hagar and Hagar fans, and people who aren't shallow idiots is that they see Roth going off becoming an EMT as the act of a loser when it was exactly the opposite.

So true, Sesh...

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 07:13 PM
feel free to use this pic when you want to say "Shut the fuck up! don't forget you are just an American retarded local singer!" to Hagar.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m483/Catobot/hagar.jpg

That pic is just CRAPTABULOUS! POPGEAR

clarathecarrot
What the hell is a Cack Blabbath? You know who I'm most pissed at.....THOSE DAMN ALIENS!!!! After they abducted Hagar's fat ass they should have discarded him out of their spaceship and let him fall back to earth like that Russian space junk that just crashed down yesterday......all of this could have been avoided if those aliens would have done the right thing.

Russian Space Trash!!.. Interesting.

Spamuella Gror Raybar..the go to guy when any random interviewer need someone to say what they could have just written and signed his name to.

Satriani.. a well paid employee who knows how to keep the cash flowing and that Spam will even speek for him .

neuralfraud
WHY can't his god damn "fan's" see what a cocktard he is? for fucks sake. Anyone with an OUNCE of class and self-respect can easily see through his bullshit. People with integrity and respect don't spend every minute of their life exploiting the most miniscule opportunity to take a shot at edward. Not VH, but EDWARD.

He's like that fucking adolescent kid who's had his first break-up and never got over it. We've all been there.. what a fucking cunt! And then there's sammy. Even AFTER going back to solo, even AFTER forming a "Supergroup" *cough* he STILL can't move on?

BITEYOASS
01-17-2012, 07:14 PM

What's with the loser from Smashmouth on the right?

clarathecarrot
01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
It appears to be some sort of mother-stabbing, father-raping, death metal site. And those people prefer Sammy???? The group W bench .

INeedYou
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
I've been a Satriani fan since he first started his solo career. He constructs alot of his songs so completely that he's got a melody line where a vocalist would lay down the lyrics... Guess that bodes well for when Chickenfoot ceases and desists, he can just write the whole track and go solo again! I've got the first Chickenfoot disc, but didn't listen much. Haven't heard the second. But I NEED to hear every second that VH blesses us with! That's the difference!

Seshmeister
01-17-2012, 07:22 PM
I liked early Satriani stuff too. I thought that I would like the music in Chickenfoot but not be able to listen to them much because I've never liked the sound of Hagar's voice.

When I heard them I was actually quite surprised at how poor the songs were and how incredibly unoriginal the music was. I'm even more surprised now if Joe Sat is writing them all including the vocal melodies.

I guess the guy feels he has to dumb down when there is a singer and then overdoes it to the point of completely dumb.

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
The next Cabo Wabo tequila flavor will be called "green eyed jealous monster" (or whatever the Spanish translation of that is)

Ahem "Monstro celoso con ojos verdes"

kwame k
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
What's with the loser from Smashmouth on the right?

OK, I'm fat, have an annoying voice and zero talent........who could I take after?

I know! Sammy Fagar!

clarathecarrot
01-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Hagar fans don't listen to music, they grab thier chicks and head out to a bar dropping a name that sounds to them like they are cool, a name that was at one time associated with another name that they think was also a cool name to drop, but can't remember the name.

They all stare at each other in awe inside the Cabo Wabo bar and think they are enjoying themselves in a cool place, because they still don't listen to music.

Then they walk around the next day wearing Wabo shirts and think they are cool.

Vacation, even people who don't listen to music want to be part of something, they don't know what it is, but some vibe shines thru...CVH.

dazzlindino
01-17-2012, 07:32 PM

that is an awesome statement.....can we see the mousewife before pic?

dazzlindino
01-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Spammy Haggis is a salesman...pure and simple....he's aboot moving "product" and making money with his minor league talent....

He'll be spouting off aboot DAVE until Spam's IN THE GRAVE........

and to think...all it took was that comment all those years ago....

"I know why Sammy Hagar sings about cars...I'VE SEEN HIS WIFE!!!"

oh so fookin brilliant!
yes yes yes.....

Carmine
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought musically, they'd be decent too. I downloaded the first cd...popped it in the car one morning and headed off for work....

...the cd was frisbee'd out the window during track 3....just atrocious, all over the place, nonsense...

...caught them on Kimmel one night when their latest abomination was released. They played a song called "Gimme a job" or something with those lyrics...

...and here I thought the first cd was bad...I actually felt some pity at what I was seeing.

...Hagar...you sir, are THE exception to the phrase "Don't quit your dayjob" after hearing someone sing poorly...

...you've made a career out of those kindergarten level lyrics...

...I only wish you had owned a Ferrari...then maybe, just maybe...we never would have had to listen to your kool-aid for 18 years...

LoungeMachine
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
So much for NO HAGAR IN MAIN

:gulp:

May as well sticky the bitch, too....

FORD
01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
And indeedio - what did Dave say about that incident in NY outside some award show with Howard Stern and Tony Bennett just after the 96 MTV fiasco, when Stern was whipping the crowd outside this venue into a chorus of anti-Ed chants - Eddie sucks, Eddie sucks, etc?

Dave grabbed the mic and said, 'hold on, Eddie doesn't suck.' Later in his book he said of the event: 'that was still my team, and I don't like anybody talkin' down my team'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFmRjHH7OI

"Eddie doesn't suck, he just made a little mistake"

VHscraps
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey, Sgt. Lucy Bates at the end. I remember in Hill Street Blues somebody saying - maybe one of the gang leaders - 'she's a tall drinka water'.

TJMKID
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Why does anyone even give this FUCKIN' DOUCHER an interview any more when he says shit like this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1iuHjL7D0

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5420/cabocunt.jpg

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 08:43 PM
By the way....

Translated from British slang, I'm pretty sure it means Shit Talk. Or Talking Shit.

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM

It's really sloppy and lazy journalism. By now, they know that it takes very little to get Sammy to tee off on VH, so they bait him and off he goes... and they have their stories.

Frankly, he's starting to remind me of the guy you date a few times, then decide it's not going to work. But he can't accept that. He constantly shows up outside your home, your job, school, etc. He will run into people you know and talk trash about how he can't stand you anyway, is glad you're not dating any longer and how awful you are. But he just cannot stop talking about you and trying to run into you.

Jetstream
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Sammy also said he out did Led Zeppelin on the new Chickenshit LP...so any judgement this guy makes is for entertainment purposes only

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
From a strict hypothetical.

If I was a singer in Sammy Hagar's position, with your own tequila, night club and shit, and an assload of cash. why the hell would I care what my old band mates were doing?

I'd be like this if the question was brought up:

"What do you think about the Van Halen's new song with Roth?"

"You know, good for them, I wish nothing but good will towards those guys, had some good times and bad times, personally I dislike Roth, but I don't wish any personal ill-will on the guy. I'm out here making music and drinking tequila, living the good life, so it really doesn't effect me that much".

EGO. For all of the trashtalk about Dave's ego, Sammy's is at least as big -- and quite petty.

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
When is the last time anyone from Van Halen mentioned Wigg-Hair to anyone relevant?

And...by the way...when do you think Van Halen is going to get interviewed by...Cack Blabbath?

anytime soon?

I probably have a better shot at interviewing the guys in VH!

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Let's go kick his ass GEM.

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Exclusive picture taken during the encore of last nights Chickenfoot show:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2921bih.jpg

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Let's go kick his ass GEM.

Bring it!!!!

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Soak him in his own tequila and go flambe on his ass.

fourthcoming
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Chickenshit can open for Kool and the Gang.

So this is love
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
You guys picked my curiousity as I have just wasted about five minutes on youtube listening for the first time to the intolerable voice of Hagaritas with the Chickenfoot.....I'm thinking of throwing out all my Van Hagar era cds in the garbage RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm thinking of throwing out all my Van Hagar era cds in the garbage RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!

You haven't done that yet?

And please, please, do not say Right Now. Sheesh. :)

GreenEyedMurder
01-17-2012, 09:27 PM
You guys picked my curiousity as I have just wasted about five minutes on youtube listening for the first time to the intolerable voice of Hagaritas with the Chickenfoot.....I'm thinking of throwing out all my Van Hagar era cds in the garbage RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!

I never bought any Van Hagar CDs. I figured that if I wanted to listen to Journey, I'd just buy Journey CDs. As far as I'm concerned, ADKOT is the first VH album since 1984.

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Course it is. And truth be told, I was sad when I heard Easy Street because something was missing. Still, I bought every Roth solo album, but only ONE Van Hagar album. It took only the first side to discover that if I was sad about how Dave's work sounded, I was DESPONDANT about how VH sounded without Dave! Yes, it's the first real VH album since 1984. And I still play my Roth solo stuff. He's got a few on there I'd love to hear VH redo, but of course that won't happen.

chefcraig
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
You know who I'm most pissed at.....THOSE DAMN ALIENS!!!! After they abducted Hagar's fat ass they should have discarded him out of their spaceship and let him fall back to earth like that Russian space junk that just crashed down yesterday......all of this could have been avoided if those aliens would have done the right thing.

True, but this overlooks the scientific fact that even alien technology has failed to come up with a tractor beam capable of shifting that much girth. Dive through worm holes or travel at light speed? No problem. But when it comes to moving something with the equivalent drag of an entire planet, even advanced races are shit out of luck.

So this is love
01-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Eddie's guitar is what keeps me from thrashing those Van Hagar cds I never listen to them Can't stand his voice....I like Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM.

chefcraig
01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Course it is. And truth be told, I was sad when I heard Easy Street because something was missing.

Really? That surprises to me, 'cause I loved the idea that the tune was a note-for-note cover from the second Edgar Winter Group album. Hell, Roth's version even featured Edgar Winter himself on the darned thing.

fourthcoming
01-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Hagar fans don't listen to music, they grab thier chicks and head out to a bar dropping a name that sounds to them like they are cool, a name that was at one time associated with another name that they think was also a cool name to drop, but can't remember the name.

They all stare at each other in awe inside the Cabo Wabo bar and think they are enjoying themselves in a cool place, because they still don't listen to music.

Then they walk around the next day wearing Wabo shirts and think they are cool.

Vacation, even people who don't listen to music want to be part of something, they don't know what it is, but some vibe shines thru...CVH.

I have to say, your pretty damn accurate with this one. Picture this side of the coin if you will....A few months ago all of the corporate Managers from my company (think middle aged white dudes who probably never had any luck with women and were fortunate enough to ever get married to anyone) ....all went to a conference in Mexico for what they called a "kick ass time". I'm sure you already know where I'm going with this.....of course they went to the Cabo Wabo Cantina. "It was so awesome man" was all I heard for the next three weeks as each dork wore his crappy Cabo Wabo tee shirt to work every Friday. These are the same dweebs who think a night of pure raging is going to Hooters and embarrassing themselves while hitting on women way out of their league. Henceforth, Sammy Hagar fans.

DONNIEP
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
And truth be told, I was sad when I heard Easy Street because something was missing.

The first time I heard Easy Street I was blown away! That is still my favorite Dave song, period. The vocals are just freaking unreal.

Oh yeah, and fuck Sammy :gulp:

Dan
01-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm Sending Spammy,Two Hairy Dogs Over To His Place.:D

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Really? That surprises to me, 'cause I loved the idea that the tune was a note-for-note cover from the second Edgar Winter Group album. Hell, Roth's version even featured Edgar Winter himself on the darned thing.

I saw those damned albinos before Peter Frampton at "Summerfest" in 1976. They were GOOOOOOOOD.

vanshipman
01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Sammy Hagar is like a scorned ex who has to whine and take cheap shots to try and keep themself connected to what they miss. Of course he hates Tattoo!!! Dave's not singing about love or eating breakfast...

ELVIS
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Is this redcocksucker.com ??

Floridaman1985
01-17-2012, 11:33 PM
More raw sewage spewing forth from Hagar's mouth? Some things never change.

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Is ultimateclassicrock.cum owned by Bette? Sure fucking seems like it.

And yes it is past my bedtime.

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 11:38 PM
You said goodnight two hours ago!!!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-17-2012, 11:40 PM
You said goodnight two hours ago!!!!!

Remember the dog............................................... .................................................. .............

Goodnight, again.

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Why does anyone even give this FUCKIN' DOUCHER an interview any more when he says shit like this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1iuHjL7D0

Wow. That actually happened? Like, he actually went on Dr. Drew and spoke these words and it wasn't in jest? Looks like someone's senility has kicked in.

Roth & Roll
01-18-2012, 12:07 AM
If Spam-bot's brain was chocolate it wouldn't fill an M&M...he should just STFU already.

Panamark
01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Shows how "in" Hagar is these days with the Van Halens.

He had to wait for the official release like the general
public to hear it.

And oh what a surprise, "God Bless Them" "This shit sucks"

Wonder who wrote that for him ? Satch ?

Well Mr Hagar, lets forget Chickenshit for a moment, lets
go back to the last collaboration with Van Halen where
you did have your chance to shine.

Up for Breakfast
Its about time
Learning to see

Now lets cut and paste your comment right here and
pretend it was a review of your songs with Van Halen...

“I personally don’t think what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all,”
Hagar says. “It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something.”

"Your" die hards were saying the exact same thing when you
released that pile of crap after reuniting.

Tatto's complexity and coolness obviously transcends the
latest firmware upgrade to your brain from the aliens.

Apologies the full album is not out yet for you to critique,
how about showing us you are not as insecure as you are
portraying ? Even if half the material was written before
you became one of the replacement singers, it was still
written by something you were never a part of.

The war is over Mr Hagar, Dave owns you, always did, always will.

Now show some due respect towards the hand that fed you !

Sensible Shoes
01-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Easy, P-mark, Easy. Sam is not worth blowing a blood vessel over.

tjvhou812
01-18-2012, 12:44 AM
he dosnt like the new single?....i wonder if he heard bigfoot. cause that song sucks balls

Rikk
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Fucking sack of shit.

Hardrock69
01-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Heh....I found a recent photo of Spamulus Flatulus :lol:
http://i44.tinypic.com/6fxz52.jpg

Panamark
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
He would be fucked if he couldnt talk about Van Halen.

Forever,

"The replacement singer that almost killed Van Halen"

Nitro Express
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Dave inspires, Sammy depresses. "I need a job!" whine, cry, boo hoo, sniff. Are the aliens here yet?

Panamark
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Why do I always feel the need to shit when I read what this fucker says ?

I just need a list of "Sammy media comments on Van Halen"
and I will be able to play "Pull my finger" with my son for hours !!!
May aswell put it to positive use .....

kwame k
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Frankly, he's starting to remind me of the guy you date a few times, then decide it's not going to work. But he can't accept that. He constantly shows up outside your home, your job, school, etc. He will run into people you know and talk trash about how he can't stand you anyway, is glad you're not dating any longer and how awful you are. But he just cannot stop talking about you and trying to run into you.

So basically my ex-wife's male counterpart, so to speak;)

IceCreamBlondie
01-18-2012, 01:19 AM
If there was ever a man who just needed to shut the fuck up... it's Hagar...

Well stated.
-----------

BTW, is Cack Blabbath a real name?

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 01:33 AM
so predictable...wonder that he didn't say how much better the stuff would have been with HIM...yeah Sam, whatever...

Panamark
01-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Strange that he didnt mention his "invented" album sales.
Maybe someone finally showed him what they really were ?
Perhaps that info was included in the last Alian Firmware update (finally)

KoolKamper
01-18-2012, 02:42 AM
No one here bought Van Halen records when Hagar was in the band?

Sensible Shoes
01-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Not me!!!!! just that first debacle so I could learn they SUCKED!

Jetstream
01-18-2012, 03:46 AM
I bought some just to hear Eddie, but I bought them fuckers used at a small record store so Sammy would not have no extra sales to his credit

FORD
01-18-2012, 03:52 AM
I owned them all at one point or another, but 5150 was the only one I ever paid retail price for. And was sorry I did.

The Rolling Stones Dirty Work was released the exact same day. I've never been so disappointed by two great bands in one day before or since.

Nitro Express
01-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I bought the cassette of 5150 and stuck it in the tape player in the car and the first thing I heard was "Hello Baybeee!" Then after hearing the childish lyrics of some horny guys hitting up a waitress I became ill and shit my pants.

Nitro Express
01-18-2012, 03:58 AM

I just need a list of "Sammy media comments on Van Halen"
and I will be able to play "Pull my finger" with my son for hours !!!
May aswell put it to positive use .....

Ha! ha! I hadn't read your post until after I made the post above but yes, as I stated above, Sammy Hagar may make you let go of your bowels. I'm expecting to see a Cabo Wabo line of adult diapers coming out for the Sammy fans to wear.

:fighting24:

Sensible Shoes
01-18-2012, 04:04 AM
I, for one, will refuse to wear his adult diapers.

Nitro Express
01-18-2012, 04:08 AM
I, for one, will refuse to wear his adult diapers.

I think Sammy gathers up the ones at nursing homes and squeezes out the contents into his tequila bottles. Golden fluids but if they come out of an extra old diaper Sam charges more for it, especially the browner the color.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/WnULIr1_eEhjAY_v2kFGAg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/WnULIr1_eEhjAY_v2kFGAg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Halen High
01-18-2012, 04:51 AM

In some respects, I enjoyed reading this, as its a clear indication of how tortured Sammy is over the demise of Van Hagar and the triumphant return of Dave since 2007 - relegating him to obscurity. In his own words, he paints himself as pathetic and he's too stupid to realise that's exactly what the journalist was hoping for. As for some meaningless poll......who cares if a few bitter Van Hagar types are motivated enough to vote for their fallen hero on a website few people have ever heard of, let alone bothered to visit. Meanwhile, Van Halen will once again pack the arenas, sell huge quantities of albums and introduce another generation of fans to a Roth-fronted Van Halen.

Hardrock69
01-18-2012, 04:51 AM

Simple, Mark. When he is interviewed, he opens his asshole and shit comes out. Post-hypnotic suggestion. But since you have only one asshole, well, there you go.

Spambot The Insignificant has TWO assholes. One to communicate with.

Halen High
01-18-2012, 04:56 AM
Strange that he didnt mention his "invented" album sales.
Maybe someone finally showed him what they really were ?
Perhaps that info was included in the last Alian Firmware update (finally)

I think a journalist from The Examiner tackled Sammy's ghostwriter over certain claims involving album sales in his book. Since then, Sammy hasn't mentioned album sales again.

Dave's Bitch
01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
I was sure Sammy would love Tattoo

Halen High
01-18-2012, 05:08 AM

Some people on other sites have regularly posed the question, wouldn't it be great to see Chickenfoot open for Van Halen? The reality is, most people in the stadium would be sickened to see Hagar and yes, they would get booed off the stage night after night - I'm convinced of that - and it could get even uglier than just booing. Such is the angst towards Hagar, I reckon he'd cop a few tomatoes. He knows that - and that's why it will never happen.

binnie
01-18-2012, 05:34 AM
In related news, Gary Cherone has just tweeted to say that 'Tattoo' makes him want to finger-fuck his ass......

ashstralia
01-18-2012, 05:37 AM
why joe, why??

oh yeah, $$$

Panamark
01-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Sammy should do a deal with Immodium.

Guaranteed sales increase !

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 07:23 AM
man...it's really funny to go over to the linx for a couple of minutes and read how the hagaritas go apeshit because of their abortion of the band getting kicked into a chickenfootnote of the band's history with only one little song...

tat-too! tat-too...motherfuckers!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 07:39 AM
chickenfootnote

HA!

I like it!!

Carmine
01-18-2012, 07:51 AM
man...it's really funny to go over to the linx for a couple of minutes and read how the hagaritas go apeshit because of their abortion of the band getting kicked into a chickenfootnote of the band's history with only one little song...

tat-too! tat-too...motherfuckers!!!

"Chickenfootnote", bahaahahahahaa...that's awesome.

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 08:06 AM
"Chickenfootnote", bahaahahahahaa...that's awesome.

thrillsnspills came up with it ;)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?64099-The-Official-Van-Halen-quot-Tattoo-quot-review-thread.&p=1592670&highlight=chickenfootnote#post1592670

Panamark
01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Is he still turning to Mikey now and laughing about how Van Halen
cant get their shit together ?

ThrillsNSpills
01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
thrillsnspills came up with it ;)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?64099-The-Official-Van-Halen-quot-Tattoo-quot-review-thread.&p=1592670&highlight=chickenfootnote#post1592670

I appreciate that Natra but I'm pretty sure many of us came up with it on some level during the last week.

It shows restraint that Sam waited 7 days to trash the new music. This is the same guy that gives himself no more than five to seven minutes to write anything and declare it on the same level as Zeppelin.

VAiN
01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I appreciate that Natra but I'm pretty sure many of us came up with it on some level during the last week.

It shows restraint that Sam waited 7 days to trash the new music.

I have to admit, I was surprised by this myself.. I figure there must have been one helluva line at the buffet.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Since we are going to have one place for the Hagar bullshit I'd like to quote this excellent post by Adam at the VHND website.

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/04/26/qa-with-sammy-hagar-autobiography-author-joel-selvin/

I'm a longtime fan of BOTH VH singers and longtime commenter at VHND. I thought I knew Sammy before this book came out, but I simply can not believe how much he lies in the book! Is he lying about Eddie? I don't know because I wasn't there. All the lies that I spotted are lies that any knowledgeable fan could spot. He is shamelessly rewriting history. I have numbered the lies I spotted below:

1) Page 54: "...the first Montrose album has sold more than 4 million records over the years." According to the RIAA, it's certified just ONE million. (Worldwide sales are barely more than USA sales for all Hagar's albums).

2) PAGE 78: "I sold out the Oakland Coliseum that Fourth of July"ť [1980]. He fails to mention that he was on the bill with 4 other bands, three of which were hugely popular at the time: Blue Oyster Cult, REO Speedwagen, and Triumph, (and also Randy Hanson). Hagar conveniently implies he sold it out by himself.

3) PAGE 80: [In 1982]: “We went out on tour, headlining arenas, double nights in a lot of places.” From my years working in concert promotion at Electric Factory in Philly in the ’80?s (a huge concert promoter back then), I have the list of Sammy’s 1982 tour dates straight from Pollstar. There was only ONE city listed where he played twice: San Francisco. Again, he is lying through his fake teeth.

4-7) Page 90 contains one incredible paragraph that is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read relating to Van Halen in my life!:

“The tour for VOA was my most successful. I sold out arenas everywhere, two, three, or four nights some places, one of the top grossing tours in 1984–right up there with Van Halen, who broke at the same time with “Jump” and all that. I remember getting an award in Portland, Oregon. I sold out two nights and got the Show of the year. Van Halen was runner-up. We were neck-and-neck on the road. My album was 1.6 million, but they ended up selling 10 million records.”

4) “VAN HALEN “BROKE” WITH JUMP IN 1984?? How he belittles VH's earlier success! I was under the impression that they broke in 1978, when they exploded with their earth-shattering debut, rewriting the rules for rock music and sold 2 million copies right out of the gate! Ed was winning every guitar player award in site. In only their first year, VH far eclipsed everything that Montrose & Hagar ever did. Everyone was talking about VH in ’78, and NO ONE was talking about Hagar or Montrose.

5) “I SOLD OUT ARENAS EVERYWHERE, TWO, THREE, FOUR NIGHTS IN SOME PLACES, ONE OF THE TOP GROSSING TOURS IN 1984–RIGHT UP THERE WITH VAN HALEN”.

Wow. With this statement, Hagar completely abandons any mindset that the “truth” is sacred. He is SHAMELESSLY rewriting history here. VAN HALEN was the monster that was selling out multiple arenas, not him! Hagar COULDN’T EVEN PLAY most cities on the east coast because he simply wasn’t popular over there. Hagar could sell out arenas in the midwest and in California, and that’s practically it. His VOA tour was his biggest tour ever, yet he played ONE night in each city except for places where he was big, such as St. Louis, Dallas, and San Fran, where he played two nights. He was playing ONE night in virtually every city (not 2-4), and overall, he played smaller venues than where VH was booked, and sold far less tickets in those venues. The VH tour was a 100% sell-out virtually everywhere, and on the other hand, Hagar had plenty of cities where he could only sell 30%-50% of the tickets, even after “I Can’t Drive 55".

6) “We [VH & his band in 1984] were neck-and-neck on the road.” On what planet? Anyone who was alive during the ’80's knows that Van Halen was infinitely more popular than Hagar. Perhaps Hagar was the only person on EARTH who didn’t see it that way. In 1984, Van Halen was through the stratosphere – their tour absolutely dwarfed all other rock band's tours, especially Hagar’s.

7) “I remember getting an award in Portland, Oregon. I sold out two nights and got the Show of the Year.” Again, from my years working in concert promotion, I have here Sammy’s 1982 tour dates. He played ONE night in Portland, Oregon, on 3/19/82, at the Memorial Coliseum. The dates before and after were both in Washington. No other Portland dates.

8 ) Page 113: "Before I joined the band, Van Halen didn't have a particularly tight show. Roth would talk. They'd do another song. Ed would play a 20 minute guitar solo. They would do another song. Roth would talk some more, another song, Al would do a drum solo for 30 minutes. On the 1984 tour...they were doing 8 songs in a 2 hour show. They ended every song the same way."

Any fan who reads this who either saw Van Halen before Sammy joined, or owns ANY amount of old Van Halen bootlegs, knows that every single thing Sammy said in that paragraph is complete bullshit. EVH's solo was always around 10 minutes. Alex's was always 3-4 minutes. They always did 16 songs, not counting solos. VH was a well-oiled machine, a stellar production, and tightly choreographed - the exact opposite of what Sam describes. Again, he is shamelessly rewriting history to try to diminish what Van Halen was before he joined.

9) Page 121: "The record [Sammy's solo album "I Never Said Goodbye"] went platinum immediately."

As of today, 4/26/11, it has only been certified Gold status w/ the RIAA.

10) Page 122: "We [VH in 1986] were selling out four nights in arenas anywhere." Although the 5150 tour was a smashing success, and they occasionally would sell 2, 3 or even 4 nights in certain cities, the band played ONE night vast majority of cities. Also, the 5150 tour wasn't as big as the 1984 tour, which had the band playing one additional night in several cities than they were on the 5150 tour.

11) Page 173: "The fans went against Roth. He died a quick death as a solo artist." [When he went solo in 1985]

I would say that most current VH fans are under the impression that Hagar's solo career has been more successful than Roth's. However, if you want to measure the success with ALBUM SALES, Roth's solo career has actually been more successful than Hagar's! Roth's first 3 albums went Platinum (Crazy From The Heat in '85, Eat 'EM And Smile in '86, and Skyscraper in '87). Hagar, however, never had could match that success - he never had 3 consecutive Platinum solo albums... just 3 consecutive GOLD albums, and then later in 1987 released another one that only went gold, with the help of Eddie playing bass. Hagar's solo career simply was never as big as Roth's was in the '80's. Roth was consistently platinum, while Hagar was consistently gold.

12) Page 222: When Irving Azoff told Hagar that the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame wanted to induct Van Halen, but only the Roth-version of the band, Hagar says, "I went nuts on Irving. I was in the band longer than Roth. He was in Van Halen seven years. I was with them eleven years. I sold more records than he did. How could they do that to me?"

He is wrong on both counts. Roth was in VH for 12 years ('74-'85) and VH sold twice as many albums with Roth than with Hagar. (See RIAA.com).

13) Page 234: Sammy says that, before he joined VH, "I was selling out multiple arenas, had five platinum albums in a row on Geffen, and I was ripe to join Van Halen when they asked..."

I already went over the "multiple arenas" bull. As for "5 platinum albums in a row on Geffen"? He had only 3 Geffen albums, and none were platinum:

1981 Standing Hampton - Gold as of 1985.

1982 Three Lock Box - Gold to this day.

1984 V.O.A. - Gold as of mid-1985.

Those are all the major lies that I can detect, just as a fan. I can't even imagine how many more lies are in the book that the fans would have no way of detecting.

Hagar wants all the fans to think that he was hugely successful BEFORE he joined VH, as if joining them wasn't necessarily the thing that catapulted his career. In countless interviews, he states that his solo albums were going platinum before VH.

This is all a lie. In reality, NONE of his solo albums went platinum by the time he joined VH in mid 1985. Sure, as of 2011, 3 of his albums have gone platinum (Montrose, Standing Hampton, and V.O.A.). But Hampton didn't go platinum 'till 1992, V.O.A. didn't go platinum until Nov. '85, and Montrose didn't until many years later, either.

YES, Hagar was (moderately) successful before VH, and good for him!! Why can't he just be satisfied with the success that he truly DID have and just be HONEST about everything in his book? It's because his ego and his insecurity can't handle the truth.

Sammy's all about HIMSELF. He belittles Roth and Eddie to try to seem better than them. He belittles the legacy that Roth, Ed, Al, & Mike created together, just to make HIS years in VH seem better. I find his behavior disgusting and immoral. Nothing outside of HIMSELF is sacred to him, and certainly not Van Halen! Ironically, his very own autobiography shattered my respect of him.

Golden AWe
01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
I feel bad for the envious and jealous Sammy.

NOT!!!

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 10:10 AM
From the sleeve of Hagar's book.

"“Sammy’s no bullsh*tter. If Sammy says it happened, it did. There’s nobody else anywhere like him.” (Michael Anthony )"

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AFdtEuIf65Y/TYymIoWmISI/AAAAAAAATvQ/C9XW2OHnCz8/s400/sammy-hagar-cant-drive-55.jpeg

"Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy!"

:elvis:

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Since we are going to have one place for the Hagar bullshit I'd like to quote this excellent post by Adam at the VHND website.

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/04/26/qa-with-sammy-hagar-autobiography-author-joel-selvin/

there you go...

ThrillsNSpills
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AFdtEuIf65Y/TYymIoWmISI/AAAAAAAATvQ/C9XW2OHnCz8/s400/sammy-hagar-cant-drive-55.jpeg

And all you guys know he will be making that same expression when he listens to the new Van Halen album on February 7th.

DavidLeeNatra
01-18-2012, 10:20 AM

:lmao:

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 10:25 AM
In related news, Gary Cherone has just tweeted to say that 'Tattoo' makes him want to finger-fuck his ass......

What doesn't??

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Ooops... :)

SUBJECT: Your review of Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock could not be posted to Amazon.com

Dear Sesh,

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:

http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines
We encourage you to revise your review and submit it again. A few common issues to keep in mind:

• Written reviews must be at least 20 words long. The ideal length is 75 to 500 words.
• Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
• We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
What doesn't??

I know the punchline is 'Nuno's black nail polish' but I don't seem to be able to come up with the feed... :)

ThrillsNSpills
01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Ooops... :)

SUBJECT: Your review of Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock could not be posted to Amazon.com

Dear Sesh,

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:

http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines
We encourage you to revise your review and submit it again. A few common issues to keep in mind:

• Written reviews must be at least 20 words long. The ideal length is 75 to 500 words.
• Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
• We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.

hahahahaha Go get em Sesh.
Sammy Hagar: My uncensored Lies in Rock.

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
No one here bought Van Halen records when Hagar was in the band?

The only VH I bought during that dark era were CD releases of the original Classic VH Sixpack that I'd originally bought on vinyl.

I bought NOTHING with Hagar (or Cherone).

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Arrested for stalking?

twonabomber
01-18-2012, 11:40 AM
arrested for impersonating a lyricist.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
The only VH I bought during that dark era were CD releases of the original Classic VH Sixpack that I'd originally bought on vinyl.

I bought NOTHING with Hagar (or Cherone).

I bought 5150 when it came out.

I knew the second I heard 'Helllooo Baby' something really terrible had happened.

I get a cold shiver down my spine just thinking about it.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
arrested for impersonating a lyricist.

Or a syphilitic banana.

VAiN
01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
From the sleeve of Hagar's book.

"“Sammy’s no bullsh*tter. If Sammy says it happened, it did. There's nobody else anywhere like him." (Michael Anthony )"

Oh, bass player, why??? He's half right..

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
It's like writing 'Dear Mr Van Halen, I never ever want to be back in your band even if your son leaves!'

Jagermeister
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Let's just face the facts Sammy. You are jealous. Yeah you have a self proclaimed super group that can't sell out MSG in 5 hours. In 5 years for that matter. I understand your frustration. We all really do.

You know what? Get over yourself pal. You are old news. Why everyone continues to ask your opinion on anything that has to do with Van Halen is just ridiculous. I wouldn't answer anymore questions about Van Halen if I were you because you don't matter and we don't care. :dafinger:

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Actually it's just occurred to me Hagar could have made up that quote from Michael Anthony.

This constant lying thing gets confusing.

So this is love
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
In other news, Porn industry mulls leaving LA if condoms required....

ThrillsNSpills
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
He's a calculated businessman who knows if you tell a lie long enough people are going to accept it.
We've seen this with Ed Trunk. Problem is the guy in tuna fish Wyoming is gonna believe everything in the book . How many people check album sales stats, you know? Can't blame them in a way, but in another way they should realize that no person is a perfect filter. It's like the old sitcom plot where you have 3 different characters give you a different scenario on a certain segment in time, and it's all slanted.

the good thing here is that at least Sams fans are picking up on it.

VAiN
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Actually it's just occurred to me Hagar could have made up that quote from Michael Anthony.

This constant lying thing gets confusing.

I'm just about 99% sure he made that up too..

Jagermeister
01-18-2012, 12:28 PM
lol. I wonder how any idiots across the nation will wear a Van Hagar shirt on a Chicknfoot shirt to a Van Halen concert?

chefcraig
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
lol. I wonder how any idiots across the nation will wear a Van Hagar shirt on a Chicknfoot shirt to a Van Halen concert?

It would be even more ironic if the Chickenfood logo was a bulls-eye.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/jediankh22/bullseye.jpg

sadaist
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I bought 5150 when it came out.

Same. The tour had 2 sold out nights at the San Diego Sports Arena. Funny, but thinking about that time, 1984 was still in EVERYONES cassette player in their car and the videos for Jump, Panama & Hot For Teacher were still on MTV non-stop. Van Halen with Dave could have toured in 1986 without releasing a new album and just called it an extra leg of the 1984 tour. Still would have sold out city after city.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM

It would be plastic beer bottle night that's for sure!!

chefcraig
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Same. The tour had 2 sold out nights at the San Diego Sports Arena. Funny, but thinking about that time, 1984 was still in EVERYONES cassette player in their car and the videos for Jump, Panama & Hot For Teacher were still on MTV non-stop. Van Halen with Dave could have toured in 1986 without releasing a new album and just called it an extra leg of the 1984 tour. Still would have sold out city after city.

But the same show didn't sell out here. In fact, it was mentioned in a newspaper review at the time the band played the Sportatorium here on that first tour (No, I did not attend) that someone had made up a banner that said "Would have sold out for Dave!"

Jagermeister
01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I can't believe you people are talking about 5150. :ban:

TJMKID
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM

This stuff should be etched in stone and placed in the RA Hall of Fame

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm an idiot

WOW. shocking!

Roth & Roll
01-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Dave:
http://www.vhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/DLR_Hand-Written_Tattoo_Lyrics.jpg

Spam-bot:
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/TedR69/sammy-lyricsheet1copy.jpg

dazzlindino
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Dave:
http://www.vhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/DLR_Hand-Written_Tattoo_Lyrics.jpg

Spam-bot:

his next song will be about shopping at home depot and bying a kitchen sink in time for breakfast....

Fairwrning
01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Dave:

Spam-bot:

Possibly one of the greatest posts ever....

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey, Dave wouldn't be against writing on a McDonalds wrapper ;)

Can't find the iconic pic, but the best one ever in my book was Eddie and Dave walking back with cheeseburgers from Mickey D's.

BITEYOASS
01-18-2012, 08:26 PM
"There goes Sammy bangin' on the door with a bottle of Tequila in one hand and his dick in the other." - Diamond Dave :biggrin:

I missed that infamous Sam & Dave tour, the one in which Dave packed the amphitheaters, while most of the audience evacuated the area once Hagar hit the stage?

Can't believed I missed that PWNAGE! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! :mad:

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 08:32 PM

Can't find the iconic pic, but the best one ever in my book was Eddie and Dave walking back with cheeseburgers from Mickey D's.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rz6q7d.jpg

BITEYOASS
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM

Of course Dave & Ed ate McDonald's because that's all they could afford during the first tour. Spamster eats McDonald's because that's all he pigs out on.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Hell, Dave still eats that shit.....there's a B&W photo of him peaking into a Mickey D's bag on the last tour.......

The difference is....Dave knows when to say when;)

BITEYOASS
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Hell, Dave still eats that shit.....there's a B&W photo of him peaking into a Mickey D's bag on the last tour.......

The difference is....Dave knows when to say when;)

Reliving old times I guess.

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
"There goes Sammy bangin' on the door with a bottle of Tequila in one hand and his dick in the other." - Diamond Dave :biggrin:

I missed that infamous Sam & Dave tour, but didn't Dave pack the amphitheaters while most of the audience evacuated the area once Hagar hit the stage?

Can't believed I missed that PWNAGE! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! :mad:

Man, you missed a great show! Dave opened up here in Charlotte and it was fucking ON from the time he hit the stage until he walked off! I split after Dave's set. Jesus, I still remember that hangover! :gulp:

kwame k
01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Reliving old times I guess.

Keeping him humble, bro!

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-18-2012, 09:08 PM
I've said this before here over the years, but I have never owned a Van Hagar album, cd, cassette etc. I have never owned anything with Sammy on it other than the 1996 greatest hits because of MWM and CGTSNM. I have not even heard about 75% of the Van Hagar material. I have not heard a single track on VHIII. Why, I can't stand Bette and I was so pissed at VH after the 1996 debacle that Cherone never stood a chance. I don't want to hear anything Van Halen except Dave because anything else aint Van Halen PERIOD!

BITEYOASS
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Man, you missed a great show! Dave opened up here in Charlotte and it was fucking ON from the time he hit the stage until he walked off! I split after Dave's set. Jesus, I still remember that hangover! :gulp:

Although I did see Diamond Dave play in Vegas back in July of 2001. The best part was when some asshole threw a bottle on the stage and Dave telling him a message from his girlfriend. :)

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Of course Dave & Ed ate McDonald's because that's all they could afford during the first tour. Spamster eats McDonald's because that's all he pigs out on.

At least you know what you are getting when you are abroad with McD's which is why they are popular with touring bands.

The best McDonalds I ever had was in Egypt after a week of goat stew. :)

Since Sammy rarely leaves the US/Mexico he has less excuse.

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Although I did see Diamond Dave play in Vegas back in July of 2001. The best part was when some asshole threw a bottle on the stage and Dave telling him a message from his girlfriend. :)

The year after the Dave and Dipshit tour Dave came back to town and put on a KILLER free show at Speed Street.

The picture below isn't mine - concertshots.com

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/DONNIEP5150/cs-DavidLeeRoth5-Charlotte52403.jpg

VHJay
01-18-2012, 09:35 PM
As has been said many, many times, "The most interesting thing about Sammy Hagar is David Lee Roth!"

conmee
01-18-2012, 09:57 PM

God I miss those old school STYROFOAM™©® burger containers!!!! Fucking environmentalists!!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®

fifth element
01-18-2012, 11:14 PM
The local rock radio station, as do most, was having a "giveaway" this morning

Free tickets to Sammie Hagar's Cabo wabo Cantina...

I just groaned and changed the channel....

TJMKID
01-18-2012, 11:19 PM

Eddie has that look on his face ---- "On the rest of this '78 tour all I'm eating is Schlitz, cigarettes, and pussy!"

VAiN
01-18-2012, 11:33 PM

No bullshit - I caught VH at MSG in Nov 07 and before the show I caught up with a handful of you all for beers and damn good times. So here I am at the bar, turn around and what do I see? Some fucking dipshit with a 5150 tour shirt on... I just looked at him with the stinkiest of stink-eyes this side of the Mississippi. Fucking twat.

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Eddie has that look on his face ---- "On the rest of this '78 tour all I'm eating is Schlitz, cigarettes, and pussy!"

Ah, the diet of a true rock star! :gulp:

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 11:46 PM
No bullshit - I caught VH at MSG in Nov 07 and before the show I caught up with a handful of you all for beers and damn good times. So here I am at the bar, turn around and what do I see? Some fucking dipshit with a 5150 tour shirt on... I just looked at him with the stinkiest of stink-eyes this side of the Mississippi. Fucking twat.

I do believe that was what you would call a "casual" fan. Like a lot of the idiots who show up here and spout off how great Sammy is...until they get bitch-slapped and run off. Hey, speaking of which, where's Heater? :gulp:

Jetstream
01-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Going through Youtube, and Sammy really has become the epitome of pathetic...what the hell is he doing singing Running With The Devil...he wrote none of it and Mikey wrote well, 'dum dum dum dum' on the bass? Dude is still singing Roth songs long after his departure. Seriously, that would be like Dave doing god forbid Dreams when he was solo. And Sammy sang just as much as Anthony on this live gig, so the 'it's for Mikey' does not cut it...again embarrassing admittance of his total lack of significance

Dave's Bitch
01-19-2012, 04:22 AM

Bet he was thinking "meh,it's all van halen".No.No it is NOT all van halen

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM

Of course that's all Spam-bot eats - he's their mascot.

Heater
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
.....just can't stop thinking about Sammy, can you? I don't get it, like you need to prove something....convince yourself or someone else...like you're trying to distract your attention away from the thoughts of "we all know this isn't really as good as we are saying it is".......

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
.....just can't stop thinking about Sammy, can you? I don't get it, like you need to prove something....convince yourself or someone else...like you're trying to distract your attention away from the thoughts of "we all know this isn't really as good as we are saying it is".......

Hard not to think of Sammy after I just took a major dump - the similarities are striking!

Now go back to the Sheep Pen, loser - or better yet, go back to the links...

Fag.

DLR Bridge
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Does Tattoo reinvent the wheel? No. Does it rock? Yes.

Does Different Devil Devil reinvent the wheel? No. Does it rock? No.

And the winner is...

Heater
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Does Tattoo reinvent the wheel? No. Does it rock? Yes.

Does Different Devil Devil reinvent the wheel? No. Does it rock? No.

And the winner is...

Agree. Some is good, some isn't. That's all.

TJMKID
01-19-2012, 01:14 PM

You spend a lot of your meaningless life trying to defend Sambo ---- a HUGE waste of time considering that 99.9% of the world sees him like this:

ThatArtGuy
01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I like Sammy! As one of the members of the Rat Pack, he did a lot to boost awareness of not only the black creative community, but of the Jewish one as well. His appearance on "All in the Family" will be remembered as a classic performance and a major milestone in the American consciousness. Did you know that he never learned to read, and he loved to play Ms. Pac-Man? He's just one cool cat. Wait, what? Not Sammy Davis Jr.? Sammy Hagar? Never heard of him.

ThatArtGuy
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
The only cool Sammy I know:

http://www.chicagonow.com/life-as-i-see-it/files/2011/06/oprah-the-view-sammy-davis-jr.jpg

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I like Sammy! As one of the members of the Rat Pack, he did a lot to boost awareness of not only the black creative community, but of the Jewish one as well. His appearance on "All in the Family" will be remembered as a classic performance and a major milestone in the American consciousness. Did you know that he never learned to read, and he loved to play Ms. Pac-Man? He's just one cool cat. Wait, what? Not Sammy Davis Jr.? Sammy Hagar? Never heard of him.

I'm fresh out of "Thanks", but thanks, friend. "Mr. Bojangles" was simply awesome. :yo:

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Sammy Hagar....“Eddie is a genius guitar player and he can really play and he’s got a million things he can lay on you but you’ve got to try to make a song out of it,” he says. “Joe comes with the song, done, all I have to do is write lyrics and figure out what I’m going to sing to it.”...[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

That's funny, because I always thought Joe Satriani was a much better song writer when he didn't have screechy, white-boy-Janis-Joplin-wannabe jerking-off vocally all over his guitar parts...

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
.....just can't stop thinking about Sammy, can you?

Well, to be fair, he just can't stop thinking of the previous band that ditched him either. And he's also an enormous, flaccid penis vaguely in the shape of Bette Midler. But that's another matter entirely...

I don't get it, like you need to prove something....convince yourself or someone else...like you're trying to distract your attention away from the thoughts of "we all know this isn't really as good as we are saying it is".......

What don't you get? Sam is a valid topic of discussion because of his ties to the band and the previous split in the camps. No one "knows" how good it is going to be, but personally I'm pretty amped because Van Halen on their worst day is still better than 80% of the shit out there that passes for rock right now. (i.e. Nickledouche)..

chi-town324
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Sammy reminds me of the "CANDYMAN"

Sensible Shoes
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Agree. Some is good, some isn't. That's all.

I still don't like you.

ThatArtGuy
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Sammy reminds me of the "CANDYMAN"

Don't say his name three times while looking into a mirror then.

fourthcoming
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I'll never forget hearing "Why can't this be love" for the first time. It was played on a pop, contemorary radio station here on Long Island called WBLI 106.1 Think Billy Joel, Madonna, Duran Duran....whatever was popular in 1986 and not classified as hard rock...that's what this station played at the time. This station had NEVER played CVH ever to my knowledge. After hearing that horrible song and the fact that it was played on such a soft radio station, the decision to leave Van Hagar in the dust and support Eat Em' and Smile was so damn easy. I was too young to see Dave on the Eat em' tour...only 12 at the time but my first show was the Skyscraper tour which was mindblowing....second show was Robert Plant/Cheap trick which was great too but that's another matter for another time. A few years later a buddy of mine won tix for Van Hagar. We went to the show only to see Alice In Chains open up but hey...we had a few beers in us so we stuck around to see Eddie....it was rubbish. Sammy was singing some flaky ass song about Eagles or some shit and we left. Saw Dave on Little ain't enough tour also and DLR band tour....both were great. My only wish is one day Sammy Hagar will realize he sucked before he ruined Van Halen, and he sucks now. He is so vanilla....there is absolutely nothing edgy to him and there was absolutely nothing edgy to Van Hagar....he belongs on pop, contemorary radio.

fourthcoming
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, to be fair, he just can't stop thinking of the previous band that ditched him either. And he's also an enormous, flaccid penis vaguely in the shape of Bette Midler. But that's another matter entirely...

What don't you get? Sam is a valid topic of discussion because of his ties to the band and the previous split in the camps. No one "knows" how good it is going to be, but personally I'm pretty amped because Van Halen on their worst day is still better than 80% of the shit out there that passes for rock right now. (i.e. Nickledouche)..

LMFAO @ Nickeldouche

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM
LMFAO @ Nickeldouche

Has this been posted here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

fourthcoming
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

I'm not saying people should throw rocks at people on stage but that was hysterical how the lead singer asks "you guys wanna hear some rock and roll or should we go home" and then he immediately gets plunked in the head by something. Guess he got his answer.

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 04:19 PM
I've since heard it was a pickle :)

gbranton
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM

That was the only time it ever occoured to me to put the words "Nickelback" and "rock" in the same sentence. I think the reason they are called Nickelback is because if I had paid five cents to see those lame motherfuckers I'd want my nickel back.

VAiN
01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
That was the only time it ever occoured to me to put the words "Nickelback" and "rock" in the same sentence.

I was just about to post the same exact thing... well played.

gbranton
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I've since heard it was a pickle :)

If it was he'd have caught it in his mouth.

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
If it was he'd have caught it in his mouth.

Or elsewhere, if his back was turned.

VAiN
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Ba-zing!

As a transplanted Canadian, I feel it's my duty to apologize for nickleblegh. I'm sorry.

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Or elsewhere, if his back was turned.

I guess that would make them "Pickleback"

Seriously, you've got to at least respect their honesty - the only band that puts the value of their music right in their name, because their shit isn't worth more than 5 cents.

clarathecarrot
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Nicklekakk is a decent band and they have a couple good tunes won't get any dime from me ,but shit they ain't half as bad as lots of shit you all (the whole world) think is the come to jesus band of all time...wtf!.

If they threw shit at me up there and someone in the audience didn't escort that fucker out I would leave too.

You know they got payed.

So this is love
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Nicklekakk is a decent band and they have a couple good tunes won't get any dime from me ,but shit they ain't half as bad as lots of shit you all (the whole world) think is the come to jesus band of all time...wtf!.

If they threw shit at me up there and someone in the audience didn't escort that fucker out I would leave too.

You know they got payed.

What did I miss about Nickelback what`s this hatred about this band I hear all the time? I hear them on the radio from time to time I wouldn`t say its great but I`ve heard worst?

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
What did I miss about Nickelback what`s this hatred about this band I hear all the time? I hear them on the radio from time to time I wouldn`t say its great but I`ve heard worst?

Can't speak for others - but while Pickleback isn't the worst band out there, few have been as overhyped and overplayed on the radio. They've basically released 7 albums full of the same song over and over - all they do is change the lyrics and tempo. No creativity whatsoever.

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 07:10 PM

The search function is your friend. :yo:

Nickelback Absolutely Sucks (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?63516-Nickelback-Absolutely-Sucks#top)

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
www.aux.tv/2011/11/nickelblock/

:gulp:

fifth element
01-19-2012, 08:22 PM

lol....yeah...Spammy Hagar....the great unknown

Panamark
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Not sure about all our international members, but in Australia when Hagar
was hired for 5150, myself and everyone else in Oz that cared to discuss,
did not know who the hell this guy was, or where he had come from.
Total nobody to us. (Much the same as now !)

He struggled to fill a bar in Sydney (solo) during a visit following the first
VH attempt to rid themselves of mediocrity.

Its obvious he is a legend in his own lunchbox from
the words he speaks, thats for sure !

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 09:25 PM
I had heard the name because it used to show up a couple of times each year from the early 80s in the Kerrang quotes of the year as Dave used to take the piss out of him but I had never heard his music. Kind of like Ted Nugent he didn't translate outside the US.

The reason he can now do a theater tour with Chickenshit is much more about the work Joe Satriani has put in over the last 30 years in Europe than Hagar. His one novelty record never worked in a country with a speed limit of 70. :)

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 09:32 PM
he didn't translate outside the US.

Hagar doesn't translate outside northern California, or some tourist trap in Mexico imo.

Okay, throw in St. Louis.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm not saying people should throw rocks at people on stage but....

Yeah. Molotov Cocktails would've been better in this case...

Panamark
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I had heard the name because it used to show up a couple of times each year from the early 80s in the Kerrang quotes of the year as Dave used to take the piss out of him but I had never heard his music. Kind of like Ted Nugent he didn't translate outside the US.

The reason he can now do a theater tour with Chickenshit is much more about the work Joe Satriani has put in over the last 30 years in Europe than Hagar. His one novelty record never worked in a country with a speed limit of 70. :)

Proud to say I still havent listened to "Cant Drive 55" all the way through. 70 is your limit ?
Thats gotta be MPH, we are on kilometres, 110 on freeways but everyone sits on 120.
Whats really funny here are the derestricted zones. You can do any speed you
want in these zones. They have no allocated limit.

Amazingly these are normally off the map dirt tracks, such
as the road up to our farm. Its a bit of a tease as you know
you can floor it, but the road is not up to it. 140km/h is
as fast I can get the old 4WD Landcruiser to go before I start
losing control... heheheh. But yeah ? 55 ? I've never seen a speed
zone sign in Oz marked 55. Hagar's "Stairway to Heaven" would not have
made any sense even if they did play it :)

JJtheVagPounder
01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
So tonight I'm sitting in my art history class discussing a painting depicting Abraham about to sacrifice his son Isaac (or whatever). Anyway, t-t-teacher starts going into the backstory of Abraham and his first wife couldn't have children. Well, back then polygomy was cool, and he ended up taking first wife's chamber maid, HAGAR, as his second bride and she bore him Isaac (or whatever). So, Hagar bore the son and then first wife made Hagar leave.

I'm getting to the point....

I raised my hand because, fuck, no WAY that's what I heard. So I ask, and prof says, "Yeah, Hagar." I then ask if she sang shitty rock music to which he got a good chuckle out of. The kids in class didn't get it, but whatever. I thought it was funny.

Well VAiN found it funny as well and of course asked if she ruined Van Halen. "Probably. I think she talked about love and dreams and couldn't ride her donkey 55 or something." Man art school can be so much fun sometimes.

BITEYOASS
01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Now for something fuckin' hilarious, and it ain't even photo-shopped. :hee:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401079_10150538281906543_827071542_8723113_1196923 808_n.jpg

Nitro Express
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
So tonight I'm sitting in my art history class discussing a painting depicting Abraham about to sacrifice his son Isaac (or whatever). Anyway, t-t-teacher starts going into the backstory of Abraham and his first wife couldn't have children. Well, back then polygomy was cool, and he ended up taking first wife's chamber maid, HAGAR, as his second bride and she bore him Isaac (or whatever). So, Hagar bore the son and then first wife made Hagar leave.

I'm getting to the point....

I raised my hand because, fuck, no WAY that's what I heard. So I ask, and prof says, "Yeah, Hagar." I then ask if she sang shitty rock music to which he got a good chuckle out of. The kids in class didn't get it, but whatever. I thought it was funny.

Well VAiN found it funny as well and of course asked if she ruined Van Halen. "Probably. I think she talked about love and dreams and couldn't ride her donkey 55 or something." Man art school can be so much fun sometimes.

Yup. Having lived in Israel for a year I learned the Jews consider themselves the chosen seed of Abraham because they think they come from Abraham's first wife Sarah. Hagar was not a wife but a concubine. Certain Jews claim this is the line the Arabs come from and that makes them less. Of course I must agree. Anything from Hagar is less.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Proud to say I still havent listened to "Cant Drive 55" all the way through. 70 is your limit ?
Thats gotta be MPH, we are on kilometres, 110 on freeways but everyone sits on 120.
Whats really funny here are the derestricted zones. You can do any speed you
want in these zones. They have no allocated limit.

Amazingly these are normally off the map dirt tracks, such
as the road up to our farm. Its a bit of a tease as you know
you can floor it, but the road is not up to it. 140km/h is
as fast I can get the old 4WD Landcruiser to go before I start
losing control... heheheh. But yeah ? 55 ? I've never seen a speed
zone sign in Oz marked 55. Hagar's "Stairway to Heaven" would not have
made any sense even if they did play it :)

It doesn't make much sense here either anymore, since most of the country is now 65mph on most highways unless it's near an urban/suburban area...

fourthcoming
01-19-2012, 10:02 PM

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401079_10150538281906543_827071542_8723113_1196923 808_n.jpg

Damn, Spammy needs a haircut

JJtheVagPounder
01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Yup. Having lived in Israel for a year I learned the Jews consider themselves the chosen seed of Abraham because they come from Abraham's first wife Sarah. Hagar was not a wife but a concubine. Certain Jews claim this is the line the Muslims come from and that makes them less. Of course I must agree. Anything from Hagar is less.

I thought that HAGAR (goddamn that's funny!) was cast out because she already had a son, Ishmael (or whatever) and thus was a filthy, filthy whore.

But come on, that's funny.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Gives the Sheep pen even more validity ! :biggrin:

Nitro Express
01-19-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought that HAGAR (goddamn that's funny!) was cast out because she already had a son, Ishmael (or whatever) and thus was a filthy, filthy whore.

But come on, that's funny.

I'm just repeating what some Jew in Tel Aviv told me. I haven't cracked open a bible in years and who knows, maybe the story varies with whatever translation you are going off of.