X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The new president of Finland

The first round of president elections in Finland was held yesterday. None of the candidates got more than 50%, so there will be a second round between the two best, Sauli Niinistö (37% in the first round) and Pekka Haavisto (~18%).

They are both very experienced candidates. What is special, is that Haavisto is openly gay, and is in a registered relationship with a toyboy from Ecuador. Seriously! It will be very interesting to see, whether Finland is ready for a president couple like this. Though the role of the president is politically not as strong as it used to be, he still has a big role in relationships to other cuntries. One interesting thing is, that being gay causes a death penalty in some cuntries...

I voted for Haavisto! He's done some excellent work in UN etc., and though he represents the green party, he's not one of the dumb activist ones of the party that support every insane climate change move like the light bulb law in EU, or getting all the wind mills to Finland that has the lowest wind rates in whole Europe.

Haavisto for president!!! Here's him and his "wife":

Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

interesting mate, keep updating; i'll be interested to see what happens.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Sauli Niinistö is going to win...

Comment

• mohican
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

For a country that usually doesn't make world news, their presidential candidates seem to get a lot of attention. Remember Conan for President?

Comment

• Golden AWe
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Haha thanks for your excellent posts. Yeah, Niinistö is the favorite to win, calculating the votes of the first round, that were given to other candidates, Haavisto should get 70% of them to win Niinistö in the second round.

They're both quite similar candidates, and I don't hate Niinistö either. He's a well-spoken right wing politician, very experienced on economics etc...

I did hate "Conan" Tarja Halonen a lot...he's been ass-kissing Russia and always making comments about subjects that shouldn't really be a concern of the president.

Btw, very many rockers and musicians are openly supporting Haavisto. More strongly than before. One famous group is even making a reunion to support Haavisto...Ultra Bra (yeah that's the name of the band!)
          Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Sure beats having a lying fat sack of shit with a wig from Georgia as your candidate.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Heh....well, I can see the headlines now....."Presidential scandal involving sex with a WOMAN!"

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JGWqtwhS2KY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JGWqtwhS2KY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Michael Palin is a genius. I really, really love that song.

Here's the Finlandia hymn, that should be our national anthem, one of the most kick ass classical compositions of all time. Really captures everything Finland at it's best represents.

Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I have mixed feelings on the windmills. I always loved driving down the columbia gorge which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful places in the country and now it's littered with those ugly windmills. They really are an eye sore; especially, when they put them all over one of the most beautiful landscapes on the planet.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I love the Columbia Gorge, but when you have a place that is as constantly windy as it is, it would be a crime not to utilize it. And windmills look better than oil rigs or nuclear cooling towers any damn day. Not to mention pollute a hell of a lot less than either. It's not destructive on the level of arctic/offshore drilling, fracking for gas or mountaintop removal coal mining.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I have mixed feelings on the windmills. I always loved driving down the columbia gorge which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful places in the country and now it's littered with those ugly windmills. They really are an eye sore; especially, when they put them all over one of the most beautiful landscapes on the planet.
                        I think windmills are more appropriate for farmland. Especially in Nebraska, the most boring landscape you'll ever see in your life. But it's windy as a mofo there, so maybe the windmills will be of some benefit.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah the problem with the windturbines/windmills here is that the amount of wind here is so low, we should cover the whole coast with them and still wouldn't have enough energy/electricity for our needs. At that amount it would ruin most of the landscape and still wouldn't be effective enough.

btw here's a funny pic with both candidates from the 90's

Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
                            I love the Columbia Gorge, but when you have a place that is as constantly windy as it is, it would be a crime not to utilize it. And windmills look better than oil rigs or nuclear cooling towers any damn day. Not to mention pollute a hell of a lot less than either. It's not destructive on the level of arctic/offshore drilling, fracking for gas or mountaintop removal coal mining.
                            Did they ever clean up that cluster fuck in Hanford?
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...